Hard for me getting into Reborn again

TharTV

Sup guys. So E16 has been out for about a month and now that I've finished Pokemon Sun/Moon, I finally can focus on playing Reborn again. Now don't get me wrong, I love Reborn and it is by far my favorite Pokemon game of all time. Still it is really hard for me to get into it again for the following reasons:

1). I started playing Reborn in 2013-2014, and ever since E12 I've been playing Reborn episodically, which would mean every 3-4 months or so which wasn't too bad. However this time the break has been longer than a year. Because of this, it is hard for me to get immersed in the story again. I've simply forgotten most of the characters and since there's no summary to be found in the game, that kinda sucks. 

2). As I said earlier, I just finished playing Sun/Moon and am completely blown away by that game. It by far exceeded my expectations and also introduced many new QoL things such as no HM (slave)s, improved box system etc. it really feels like a step back not having these features in Reborn. (sidenote: I didn't have this issue at all when I played Pokemon X/Y because those games, at least the storyline and characters, are completely garbage imo.)

3). To be honest I've been considering to start again from the beginning, but it just doesn't have the same appeal because now I know what's going to happen. It also won't solve the problem if the intervals after E16 will be super long again.

So anyways I was wondering, is anyone else having the same problem as me? If yes, what did you do to get yourself motivated again? Please let me know in the comments below!

2) Episode 17 will introduce Gen 7 content, though we don't know if the QoL features will also be included.

3) I recommend starting over and doing a themed run, like a mono challenge. Sure the story is the same, but there have been various gameplay changes that have been made to the start of Reborn ever since E12.

And for 1) there is a series of youtube videos that are a lore walkthrough of the game. So if you don't remember some parts of the story you could try watching it:

• Global Mods

There are a lot of reasons why E16 took way longer than any episode before it. 

-Ame decided to give custom animations to moves

-There were some periods of time where Ame was sick, I think involving something with her hands

-E16 has a ton of sidequests, including a few long and elaborate ones

-The entirety of Reborn City got a makeover. 

-I imagine the new Pokegear apps took some time to implement, as well as adding relationship variables to events (it took me 3 days just to click every event tile to look for them all)

I don't imagine it to always take this long in the future, especially considering we're now done with field effects aside from Psychic Terrain and E17 progress is already at 28% total. 

67dd8efa98a144e2a696936ab782232d.png

• Global Mods
24 minutes ago, Maltor said:

@Ice Cream Sand Witch Hey, is there by any chance a post with the E17 progress, similar to the E16 one? I even used the search tab and couldn't find anything remotely close =\

http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/development/

At the top of the page on the forums should be four tabs with drop-down arrows called "Home", "Activity", "Pokemon Reborn", and "Social". Choose Pokemon Reborn, and then click Development Blog.

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/development/

At the top of the page on the forums should be four tabs with drop-down arrows called "Home", "Activity", "Pokemon Reborn", and "Social". Choose Pokemon Reborn, and then click Development Blog.

OH it's there on the right side, my bad... I was looking for a post like in the old forums =P   tyvm!

I had your same problem (infact I was thinking of writing down a summary myself), but E16 story easily gets you involved, even if you don't remember a thing. Once I finished it's content, I kept it's save file and started a new run, just to fully experience the new content, and it kinda works, so maybe give it a try :)

8 hours ago, TharTV said:

2). As I said earlier, I just finished playing Sun/Moon and am completely blown away by that game. It by far exceeded my expectations and also introduced many new QoL things such as no HM (slave)s, improved box system etc. it really feels like a step back not having these features in Reborn.

There is a mod that solves this very issue, but it hasn't been updated to E16 yet:

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21887-reborn-mods/

Waiting for that update to happen, you could try this one (it's nothing fancy, just changes the check from "does any in your party know that TMX" to "do you have the TMX in your bag"?):

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24151-journal-using-hms-without-teaching-them/&do=findComment&comment=601935

Start a new file, and honestly I feel it's better this way because you get to see some of the little changes that were made and play through with teams and such you didn't use before. In fact I always started over when a new episode released for this reason. Personally I still think ep 14 was the hardest(well so far, but I feel Shelly is  harder in ep 16) due to certain bugs, Shade being somewhat tougher and Charlotte being at her toughest there but that could be due to it also being my first time with Reborn and thus not used to things. But yeah dude you should definitely give this game another go, IMO it's still among the top tier pokemon fangames and I always come back to it eventually even with main games being a blast. They both scratch different itches for me, and Reborn's field system is still genius. I think it's the one aspect of the game that really sets it apart gameplay wise, even from the official games.

9 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

2) Episode 17 will introduce Gen 7 content, though we don't know if the QoL features will also be included.

3) I recommend starting over and doing a themed run, like a mono challenge. Sure the story is the same, but there have been various gameplay changes that have been made to the start of Reborn ever since E12.

And for 1) there is a series of youtube videos that are a lore walkthrough of the game. So if you don't remember some parts of the story you could try watching it:

Tbh I care the mostly about the QoL features. The Alolan Pokemon aren't that spectacular compared to other gens and 80-90% of them have an abysmal speed stat. Z-moves aren't going to be a thing probably given that Mega-evolutions aren't implemented yet (except for your opponents). 

I was actually thinking of playing Reborn Hardcore for some added difficulty. It makes everything so much more memorable if the game is difficult :). Also thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

9 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

There are a lot of reasons why E16 took way longer than any episode before it. 

Yeah I'm aware of that and I don't blame anyone for that :). One thing we have to think about though is that Reborn only has a few episodes left (I heard there would be a total of 19 eps?). Given that there's still a lot of content to be covered, I can imagine the last two eps are going to take some time again. 

2 hours ago, Blontary said:

I had your same problem (infact I was thinking of writing down a summary myself), but E16 story easily gets you involved, even if you don't remember a thing. Once I finished it's content, I kept it's save file and started a new run, just to fully experience the new content, and it kinda works, so maybe give it a try :)

Cool, I guess I just have to start playing and get into it again :). 

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Just be honest. It's them bottlecaps, right? RIGHT? You want something with proper stats in Reborn, you have to sweat buckets and struggle hard to get results...

???

1 hour ago, Waynolt said:

There is a mod that solves this very issue, but it hasn't been updated to E16 yet:

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21887-reborn-mods/

Waiting for that update to happen, you could try this one (it's nothing fancy, just changes the check from "does any in your party know that TMX" to "do you have the TMX in your bag"?):

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24151-journal-using-hms-without-teaching-them/&do=findComment&comment=601935

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

30 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

"Hard for me getting into Reborn again"

"Played Sun and Moon"

I added those and i suspected one of your reasons for "Title", was IV training and bottle caps! Instant 31 to IVs without excessive breeding isn't something to scoff at, right? RIGHT???

Nope I wasn't really talking about the competitive aspects tbh, just the story. I'm not even going to play Gen 7 competitively (except for Showdown).

As for IV/EV/Natures in Reborn, most of my team is pretty garbage in this regard. My team comp is also a complete mess, but I actually like it that way because Reborn's high difficulty makes it so awesome.