[Season 2] Redemption League Rate-My-Team

Bazaro

I tried various teams but I can't seem to find something that works well/i like a lot!

This is probably my last try to teambuilding:

Alakazam
- Psyshock  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Shadow Ball  
- Encore

Heracross 
- Close Combat  
- Megahorn  
- Rock Blast  
- Facade  

Crawdaunt 
- Knock Off  
- Crabhammer  
- Aqua Jet  
- Swords Dance  

Aromatisse 
- Trick Room  
- Wish  
- Protect  
- Moonblast  

Mudsdale 
- Close Combat  
- Rock Slide  
- High Horsepower  
- Heavy Slam 

Ferrothorn
- Gyro Ball  
- Power Whip  
- Stealth Rock  
- Leech Seed

The only thing that the team lacks is status, but i can either swap Aromatisse's Protect for Toxic or Garde's Taunt for WoW/Twave/Hypnosis. I'm also tempted to run CM on Aromatisse over Protect...

Originally I had Araquanid with Wide Guard over Crawdaunt, but then I had 0 priority! I guess the trade is fair.

Edits: Swaped Garde for Alakazam, but I'm still debating on its last move that I want to be a status move. Also changed Empoleon with Ferro for now and I'll test how the team works without hazzard removal!

Edited by pyrromanis

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cyczer said:

TBH ur team looks decent with nice coverage. 

Just one thing that u should be careful playing with HP stats of pokemon. Pokemons with odd numbered hp's will take very slightly less damage from stealth rocks and other entry hazards, this gives you more potential switch ins. 

I'D suggest u to run 248 hp on swampert , sylveon and crobat in this case.

Reasoning: The damage of entry hazards are based on percentage. When you have odd number of HP stat, this gets rounded down and u lose less hp. 

What I mean( Sorry bad wording) : Hypothetically I'll assume u have a pokemon with 360 hp and it is x4 weak to rock so it will take 50% damage from rocks. With 360 hp, u'll exactly lose 180 hp and ur percentage will be down to 50%. On your next switch, u will lose another 50% and die. And if we consider that u have 361 hp with slight HP invest ( Which is 4 EV at level 100.), When you switch in, u will lose 160 hp as the other mon, but your hp will be 51%. This lets you switch one more time, putting your hp to 1% on your next switch. 

With a fast pokemon like crobat in your team, this can be potentially used to defog and save your team from hazards, hence its an important detail.

Other than that, I'd suggest u to run life orb on sylveon still. 10% drawback is something really small, 1.3x is far powerful damage boost when compared to 1.1x.

U may want to run sash on breloom aswell, even with jolly nature 252 speed, it is still slow af, u may get oneshotted/get forced to switch. A guaranteed spore will guarantee you 1 out of action, or potentially 1-2 dead pokemons. 

I see. I didn't realize hazard damage is rounded down, so yeah, knowing that does help.

Just as an FYI, I generally try to go with "Using mons I like over mons that are necessarily better", but here I had to make some concessions, like giving up Glaceon in favor of Mamoswine as the Ice-type of choice.

I'll consider LO, though I admit I am not a huge fan of it, even if the power boost is significant. I just don't like the idea of my mons slowly fainting themselves. The Sash on Breloom, though, that one I will admit is a good suggestion.

Also, one more question: How much worse is Drought Ninetales compared to Flash Fire Typhlosion? (Moveset of Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Nasty Plot and...I don't know, Substitute or Extrasensory), on in general what would be a good Fire-type to use, as that's kind of what my team is lacking.

Edited by Anstane

Comparing Typlosion to Ninetales

Their def,atk,speed and hp barely matters as they re really close to eachother.

I'll start comparing them from abilities, because thats the most important part in the comparing.

Typhlosion Has to set up sunny day in order to use solar beam, that is a turn loss for you. A fast water type pokemon like Starmie may knock you out. ( Even if u set sun, ur hp will be significantly down so u wont survive another hit) On the other hand, ninetales will have a free access to solarbeam, along with weakened water attack and a greater spdef will give higher chance of survival against water types.

Typhlosion lacks a great coverage, its best moveset is known as scarf eruption, on the other hand ninetales can set up with nasty plot and can get extra coverage with Hex, Energyball, Dark pulse, even psyshock. If ur not satisfied, u can also run willowisp to cripple physical attackers due to its mediocre speed stat.

In those cases , ninetales > Typhlosion

If you want a hard hitter, u wont need sun, u can just run scarf typhlosion with eruption ( 150 bp move at full hp). 

So it's a case of greater power or greater survivability. Considering at least half my team is already quite vulnerable, I might just go with Drought Ninetales.

With that, the team looks like this right now:

Spoiler

Mamoswine @ Life Orb  
Ability: Thick Fat  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Icicle Crash  
- Ice Shard  

Crobat @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Infiltrator  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Defog  
- Brave Bird  
- Roost  
- Toxic  

Swampert @ Leftovers  
Ability: Torrent  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Waterfall  
- Ice Punch  
- Rock Slide  

Breloom @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Technician  
Jolly Nature  
- Bullet Seed  
- Mach Punch  
- Rock Tomb  
- Spore  

Sylveon (F) @ Wise Glasses  
Ability: Pixilate  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hyper Voice  
- Psyshock  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Shadow Ball  

Ninetales @ Leftovers  
Ability: Drought  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Flamethrower  
- Nasty Plot  
- Solar Beam  
- Dark Pulse  

Went with Dark Pulse purely for extra coverage.

@Anstane Heat Wave over Flamethrower on Ninetales for the double battles! Also you have 2 EQ users and ony 1 flying type (Breloom resists it, but it still doesn't take a spread EQ that well). That way you might find yourself not able to spam EQ in multi battles. I suggest putting Wide Guard on Swampert over Ice Punch since Mamo already offers stong ice attacks! Also I would put Wish on Sylveon for team support

7 minutes ago, pyrromanis said:

@Anstane Heat Wave over Flamethrower on Ninetales for the double battles! Also you have 2 EQ users and ony 1 flying type (Breloom resists it, but it still doesn't take a spread EQ that well). That way you might find yourself not able to spam EQ in multi battles. I suggest putting Wide Guard on Swampert over Ice Punch since Mamo already offers stong ice attacks! Also I would put Wish on Sylveon for team support

1) Yeah, Heat Wave might be better in that case. I'm just so used to single battles...

2) Again, I'm just really used to single battles. Also, I wouldn't say that I want to leave Swampert without any coverage against Grass-types, sometimes I have no real choice.

3) In place of what, though? HP Fire sounds like the obvious weak link as it's mainly to deal with Steel-types which Shadow Ball does decently well against.

2 hours ago, Anstane said:

So it's a case of greater power or greater survivability. Considering at least half my team is already quite vulnerable, I might just go with Drought Ninetales.

With that, the team looks like this right now:

Hide contents

Mamoswine @ Life Orb  
Ability: Thick Fat  
Jolly Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Icicle Crash  
- Ice Shard  

Crobat @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Infiltrator  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Defog  
- Brave Bird  
- Roost  
- Toxic  

Swampert @ Leftovers  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Waterfall  
- Ice Punch  
- Rock Slide  

Breloom @ Focus Sash  
Jolly Nature  
- Bullet Seed  
- Mach Punch  
- Rock Tomb  
- Spore  

Sylveon (F) @ Wise Glasses  
Ability: Pixilate  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD  
Modest Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Psyshock  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Shadow Ball  

Ninetales @ Leftovers  
Ability: Drought  
Timid Nature  
- Flamethrower  
- Nasty Plot  
- Solar Beam  
- Dark Pulse  

Went with Dark Pulse purely for extra coverage.

Okay, I have a few suggestions for your team:

First of all, Crobat only knowing one attacking move can get difficult if you're up against a type that resists Flying. Since the only thing it will be able to is remove hazards and spread Toxic, which doesn't work on Steel-types anyways.

Swampert really doesn't work well in the role you have put it in. If you want to use all-out attacking Swampert you really should Mega Evolve it. But if you're running Mega-Swampert you should get rain support to make sure you get the most out of it. A lot of your Pokemon learn Rain Dance including Swampert, and if you don't want to waste a turn setting up rain you should add Pelipper to your team, as it recently got Drizzle in Sun and Moon. Mega-Swampert in the rain is a great sweeper, which your team really lacks outside of Ninetales.

Just a suggestion, but Focus Punch works really well on Breloom with Spore, since after you've Spored someone, they're likely to switch out. Meaning you can get a free Focus Punch on the Pokemon they send in. It doesn't work too well in doubles though.

Sylveon really, REALLY needs Choice Specs. As a wallbreaker, it needs all the power it can get. And while the versatility of switching moves is nice, you will most likely be spamming Hyper Voice anyways, since a resisted Hyper Voice is actually a bit STRONGER then a neutral Shadow Ball. (Hyper Voice's base power after Pixilate and STAB is 162, more then double of Shadow Balls 80.) And MUCH stronger then Hidden Power. And Wise Glasses is a really bad item regardless. Even if you don't want to use Life Orb or Choice items because of their drawbacks, Expert Belt and Arceus Plates 20% boost is still better then Wise Glasses 10% boost. Never use it.

As for Ninetales, if you decide to take my advice and use Mega-Swampert, I would advice against using Ninetales, since conflicting weather on one team is never a good thing. But if you don't, regular Ninetales is still completely outclassed in almost every way by Mega-Charizard Y. (Alolan Ninetales is still good with Snow Warning + Aurora Veil though. In case you really want to use Ninetales.)

52 minutes ago, Korvpizza said:

Okay, I have a few suggestions for your team:

First of all, Crobat only knowing one attacking move can get difficult if you're up against a type that resists Flying. Since the only thing it will be able to is remove hazards and spread Toxic, which doesn't work on Steel-types anyways.

Swampert really doesn't work well in the role you have put it in. If you want to use all-out attacking Swampert you really should Mega Evolve it. But if you're running Mega-Swampert you should get rain support to make sure you get the most out of it. A lot of your Pokemon learn Rain Dance including Swampert, and if you don't want to waste a turn setting up rain you should add Pelipper to your team, as it recently got Drizzle in Sun and Moon. Mega-Swampert in the rain is a great sweeper, which your team really lacks outside of Ninetales.

Just a suggestion, but Focus Punch works really well on Breloom with Spore, since after you've Spored someone, they're likely to switch out. Meaning you can get a free Focus Punch on the Pokemon they send in. It doesn't work too well in doubles though.

Sylveon really, REALLY needs Choice Specs. As a wallbreaker, it needs all the power it can get. And while the versatility of switching moves is nice, you will most likely be spamming Hyper Voice anyways, since a resisted Hyper Voice is actually a bit STRONGER then a neutral Shadow Ball. (Hyper Voice's base power after Pixilate and STAB is 162, more then double of Shadow Balls 80.) And MUCH stronger then Hidden Power. And Wise Glasses is a really bad item regardless. Even if you don't want to use Life Orb or Choice items because of their drawbacks, Expert Belt and Arceus Plates 20% boost is still better then Wise Glasses 10% boost. Never use it.

As for Ninetales, if you decide to take my advice and use Mega-Swampert, I would advice against using Ninetales, since conflicting weather on one team is never a good thing. But if you don't, regular Ninetales is still completely outclassed in almost every way by Mega-Charizard Y. (Alolan Ninetales is still good with Snow Warning + Aurora Veil though. In case you really want to use Ninetales.)

The problem is that Crobat doesn't really learn all that many good attacking moves aside from Brave Bird. I can replace Toxic with U-Turn, but that won't solve the Steel-type problem. My other option is replacing, I dunno, Roost or something with Heat Wave which would be pretty weak because Brobat has pretty meh Special Attack.

I could also consider running Rain Dance on Brobat specifically for Mega-Swampert, even if Pelipper is a better choice. As I mentioned, I want to try using mons I enjoy using, and I admit Brobat is up there as one of my favorites which is why I immediately went for it. As for Mega-Swampert, well, that's the thing. It needs rain and I don't really have much ability setting it up aside from pure support Brobat.

Focus Punch could be good, but I think the current moveset provides me with overall better coverage. Plus, Mach Punch should be good at checking the likes of T-Tar and Weavile, among other mons weak to Fighting that could otherwise deal with Breloom.

I...alright, I don't like Choice items because of the drawbacks, but I will concede on this point, though it will depend on the leader. For instance, if I'm against the Psychic leader, I might run something else because Shadow Ball for Psychics and Hyper Voice for Dark/Fighting dual-types.

I want to use Alola-Ninetales. I really do. Problem is simple, though: If I do, I have absolutely no Fire Coverage bar Sylveon's HP Fire. This is why I went through Ty and Ninetales. Another potential candidate I'm considering is Rotom-Heat for extra Electric coverage, plus Rotom being a cool mon in my eyes, despite the frustrations I've had fighting it before.

1 hour ago, Anstane said:

The problem is that Crobat doesn't really learn all that many good attacking moves aside from Brave Bird. I can replace Toxic with U-Turn, but that won't solve the Steel-type problem. My other option is replacing, I dunno, Roost or something with Heat Wave which would be pretty weak because Brobat has pretty meh Special Attack.

I could also consider running Rain Dance on Brobat specifically for Mega-Swampert, even if Pelipper is a better choice. As I mentioned, I want to try using mons I enjoy using, and I admit Brobat is up there as one of my favorites which is why I immediately went for it. As for Mega-Swampert, well, that's the thing. It needs rain and I don't really have much ability setting it up aside from pure support Brobat.

Focus Punch could be good, but I think the current moveset provides me with overall better coverage. Plus, Mach Punch should be good at checking the likes of T-Tar and Weavile, among other mons weak to Fighting that could otherwise deal with Breloom.

I...alright, I don't like Choice items because of the drawbacks, but I will concede on this point, though it will depend on the leader. For instance, if I'm against the Psychic leader, I might run something else because Shadow Ball for Psychics and Hyper Voice for Dark/Fighting dual-types.

I want to use Alola-Ninetales. I really do. Problem is simple, though: If I do, I have absolutely no Fire Coverage bar Sylveon's HP Fire. This is why I went through Ty and Ninetales. Another potential candidate I'm considering is Rotom-Heat for extra Electric coverage, plus Rotom being a cool mon in my eyes, despite the frustrations I've had fighting it before.

I wouldn't worry TOO much about Steel-types, since you have two Ground-types, one Fighting-type and one Fire-type on your team, but since it can't do anything against them, you will have to make sure that Crobat doesn't become set-up fodder.

If you're lacking rain support, I'd suggest simply giving Swampert Rain Dance instead of either Ice Punch or Rock Slide, the ability to outspeed almost everything is worth more then the extra coverage.

Also, I don't think your team really needs Fire-type coverage. Since Crobat takes care of Grass and Bug-types. And Mamoswine, Swampert and Breloom takes care of Steel types. The only type Fire beats that you don't have much coverage against is Ice, since you only have Breloom. But Ice-types usually aren't TOO threatening. And if you're using rain, Fire-type attacks won't do much anyways.

But if you are looking for a special Fire-type there are many to choose from. Mega-Charizard-Y is the undisputed monarch, and regular Charizard is also decent. Meaning you could switch between Charizard and Swampert as your Mega, meaning there doesn't have to be conflicting weather. Though this means that the one that doesn't Mega Evolve will have to will have to be a kind of weak link, since neither regular Charizard nor Swampert are amazing.

Rotom-Heat as you said is also good option. Though it too needs Choice Specs to consistently get KOs. Chandelure has similar speed to Rotom-Heat, but much better Special Attack, so it hits way harder, and doesn't need Choice Specs as much. Delphox is the better fiery fox compared to Ninetales, being slightly faster and with more power. (Disregarding sun) And it also brings Psychic-type coverage. Volcarona is my personal favorite though, and as long as you clear away the Stealth Rocks, it can become an amazing sweeper with Quiver Dance.

Hm...you know, I might try Chandy. As you mentioned, amazing Special Attack as well as overall good coverage with Flamethrower, Shadow Ball and Energy Ball. Debating on which item I should go for. Considering Expert Belt as they might expect Specs or Scarf. Also don't really know a good 4'th move. Will-o-Wisp maybe?

As for Swampert, I think I'll replace Rock Slide. Rock coverage I feel isn't as vital as some other types.

As for Steel-types, the big one I'm worried about is Skarmory, as it denies the Fighting and Ground weaknesses, leaving just Fire. I'd also say Celesteela if it wasn't banned.

9 hours ago, pyrromanis said:

I tried various teams but I can't seem to find something that works well/i like a lot!

This is probably my last try to teambuilding:

Hide contents

Gardevoir 
- Hyper Voice  
- Psyshock  
- Moonblast  
- Taunt  

Heracross 
- Close Combat  
- Megahorn  
- Rock Blast  
- Facade  

Crawdaunt 
- Knock Off  
- Crabhammer  
- Aqua Jet  
- Swords Dance  

Aromatisse 
- Trick Room  
- Wish  
- Protect  
- Moonblast  

Mudsdale 
- Close Combat  
- Rock Slide  
- High Horsepower  
- Rest  

Empoleon 
- Scald  
- Ice Beam  
- Stealth Rock  
- Defog  

The only thing that the team lacks is status, but i can either swap Aromatisse's Protect for Toxic or Garde's Taunt for WoW/Twave/Hypnosis. I'm also tempted to run CM on Aromatisse over Protect...

Originally I had Araquanid with Wide Guard over Crawdaunt, but then I had 0 priority! I guess the trade is fair.

Just wondering, what is your plan beating the fairy team? Just thinking about Azumarill, it resists the majority of your offensive moves while also dealing with almost everything on your team. Similarly, there's a lack of water coverage that may bite you later on. 

25 minutes ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

Just wondering, what is your plan beating the fairy team? Just thinking about Azumarill, it resists the majority of your offensive moves while also dealing with almost everything on your team. Similarly, there's a lack of water coverage that may bite you later on. 

Pray I guess :P. I could try Bullet Seed on Hera, but I really like Facade when I don't mega (+ it can come in on status)
I'll try to replace Empoleon but that means I don't think I can find a mon that can fullfil both hazzard set and removal role :/
Just to note, I changed Garde with Alakazam now, I'll edit my previous post

Here's a team that I just created. Would really appreciate feedback how it looks.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/9bpqfFGt

Spoiler

Swampert  
- Stealth Rock  
- Avalanche  
- Earthquake  
- Waterfall  

Dragonite  
Ability: Multiscale  
- Roost  
- Thunder Wave  
- Power-Up Punch  
- Iron Head  

Araquanid  
Ability: Water Bubble  
- Leech Life  
- Scald  
- Wide Guard  
- Liquidation  

Incineroar  
Ability: Blaze  
Hardy Nature  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Leech Life  
- Darkest Lariat  
- Flare Blitz  

Magneton  
Ability: Magnet Pull  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  
- Flash Cannon  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  

Sceptile  
Ability: Overgrow  
Timid Nature  
- Giga Drain  
- Leaf Storm  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Focus Blast  

Hey! I've got a very rough beta team that I made yesterday, and I'd like some feedback on it.

Spoiler

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Shell Smash
Minior @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
252 Atk/148 SpA/108 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Power Gem
- Earthquake

Thank you guys in advance!

6 hours ago, Lord Chespin said:

Hey! I've got a very rough beta team that I made yesterday, and I'd like some feedback on it.

Hide contents

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Shell Smash
Minior @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
252 Atk/148 SpA/108 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Power Gem
- Earthquake

Thank you guys in advance!

Nice team overall. Just a slight note that when you run a speed boosting move on a sweeper pokemon, running a +speed nature on it is not recommended.

Reasoning: 100 base speed , stat at +1 and nature is positive result is 492 speed. Without a positive nature, your speed is at 448. With 448, you can manage to outspeed pokemons with 150 base speed, with positive speed nature, 150 base speed pokemons will have a speed stat of 438. This means there are like 2 pokemons that can outspeed you, which are pokemons over 155 base speed stat. Ninjask cant do a significant work towards you, and deoxys speed is banned. Other than that, your not fragile to any priority move except for accelerock, but that wouldnt knock you out anyway. 

( Statcalc code : Copy paste on showdown server --> (/statcalc 100 positive +1) ---> Statcalc 100 means u will calculate 100's possible values. Positive means a nature that increases stats, +1 is the boost)

For slowking, you may want to 0 the attack IV's, because you dont need a significant damage with dragontail. 

For ninetales, I'd recommend blizzard over freeze dry. Im guessing the reason why you put freeze dry is water coverage, but you already have 2 pokemons that can deal with water types well, chesnaught can leechstall and slowking will probably wall more than half of them with dragon tail. I'd recommend to you to use blizzard over it, its a great BP power that gets boosted accuracy under hail, which means u'll always land a blizzard.

Aaaand I got a question for you ;D 

U purposely run minior as a mixed attacker right? U coulda run it adamant and get stone edge/rock slide over power gem.

Edited by Cyczer

9 hours ago, Cyczer said:

Nice team overall. Just a slight note that when you run a speed boosting move on a sweeper pokemon, running a +speed nature on it is not recommended.

Reasoning: 100 base speed , stat at +1 and nature is positive result is 492 speed. Without a positive nature, your speed is at 448. With 448, you can manage to outspeed pokemons with 150 base speed, with positive speed nature, 150 base speed pokemons will have a speed stat of 438. This means there are like 2 pokemons that can outspeed you, which are pokemons over 155 base speed stat. Ninjask cant do a significant work towards you, and deoxys speed is banned. Other than that, your not fragile to any priority move except for accelerock, but that wouldnt knock you out anyway. 

( Statcalc code : Copy paste on showdown server --> (/statcalc 100 positive +1) ---> Statcalc 100 means u will calculate 100's possible values. Positive means a nature that increases stats, +1 is the boost)

For slowking, you may want to 0 the attack IV's, because you dont need a significant damage with dragontail. 

For ninetales, I'd recommend blizzard over freeze dry. Im guessing the reason why you put freeze dry is water coverage, but you already have 2 pokemons that can deal with water types well, chesnaught can leechstall and slowking will probably wall more than half of them with dragon tail. I'd recommend to you to use blizzard over it, its a great BP power that gets boosted accuracy under hail, which means u'll always land a blizzard.

Aaaand I got a question for you ;D 

U purposely run minior as a mixed attacker right? U coulda run it adamant and get stone edge/rock slide over power gem.

Thank you for the feedback! I'll change Charizard to Adamant instead of Jolly, Slowking to 0 Attack IVs, and give Ninetails Blizzard. I'll probably keep Minior mixed, though, as I found a post on the Smogon Forums that recommended Power Gem for reliability (it hits most targets that wall Minior harder, and has perfect accuracy; Stone Edge's 80% accuracy turns all clean OHKOs into 80% chances to OHKO, for instance).

40 minutes ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

@Lord Chespin You may want Slowbro over slowking. Although you lose dragon tail, you'd gain access to another possible mega, a pokemon which benefits more from the AV (since it's defense and special defense will both be good), and it doesn't necessarily lose bulk or offensive capability. 

I actually chose Slowking over Slowbro because Slowking forms a nice defensive core with Chesnaught; not only do they cover each other's weaknesses rather well, but Chesnaught has physical bulk while Slowking has special bulk.

ok back for round 2

Hans (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- U-turn  
- Knock Off  
- Superpower  

Maleficent (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Rough Skin  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Slide  
- Stealth Rock  
- Dragon Tail  

Pete (Porygon2) @ Eviolite  
Ability: Trace  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Trick Room  
- Recover  
- Thunderbolt  
- Ice Beam  

Cruella de Vil (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Overcoat  
EVs: 248 HP  / 8 Def / 252 SpD
- Knock Off  
- Defog  
- Roost  
- Toxic   

Ursula (Primarina) (F) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Liquid Voice  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA  
Quiet Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Hyper Voice  
- Moonblast  
- Psychic  
- Energy Ball  

Jafar (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Flash Fire  
Timid Nature  
- Heat Wave  
- Shadow Ball  
- Energy Ball  
- HP Ice / Clear Smog / Trick  

probably be the most basic version of the team I'll be using, but ofc I'll be switching things around like Megas and speed IVs and whatnot

changes made:

- Mandibuzz > Conkeldurr - I need a Ground immunity for EQ spam + I felt like a bulky Toxic Pokemon could be useful since p2 doesn't have that anymore, so yeah. too bad I can't fit brave birb on it but o well

- Scizor: Superpower > Defog - Mandibuzz has Defog now, so I gave Scizor Superpower to be able to do something against Steel (unlike last season >>). Against Swords Dance bc of U-Turn, but idk

- Chandy: Still dunno what to do for the last moveslot - I'll probably be Choicing Chandy for most battles, so Trick could be useful (especially against things like Clef), but as Cyanna suggested HP Ice gives me coverage against Dragon (nice bc I don't have Pixilate Hyper Voice anymore), and while weak, Clear Smog is nice for hazing (and I could switch Dragon Tail for Dragon Claw on Garchomp, giving it a nice STAB without negative priority). And again Trick Room is always an option :>

zzz thoughts? also wonder if I should give Primarina HP Fire > Energy Ball for Grass types, although that means less coverage against Water types

Help is much appreciated, i don't see many outstanding weaknesses bar maybe that damn Scarf Mold Breaker Excadrill

Metagross

- Meteor Mash

- Zen Headbutt

- Earthquake

- Bullet Punch

Clefable

- Flamethrower

- Thunder Wave

- Soft-Boiled/Moonlight

- Moonblast

Hydreigon

- Dark Pulse

- Heat Wave

- Flash Cannon

- Draco Meteor

Hippowdon

- Earthquake

- Roar

- Rock Slide

- Stealth Rock

Starmie

- Scald

- Psyshock/Dazzling Gleam

- Recover

- Rapid Spin/Filler

Infernape

- Nasty Plot

- Heat Wave

- Close Combat

- Grass Knot

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

I'm reposting my team here for advices, since I got no aswers (feels bad, man...) in the previous post (or my case of myopia is really severe), with a slight change.

Spoiler

Gallade  

- Drain Punch  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Ice Punch  
- Bulk Up

Bisharp  

- Sucker Punch  
- Iron Head  
- Knock Off  
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash  
Ability: Levitate  (Obviously)
- Hydro Pump  
- Volt Switch  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Trick

Porygon2  

- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam  
- Thunder Wave  
- Recover

Gengar  
Ability: Cursed Body  (Rip Levitate...)
- Sludge Wave  
- Shadow Ball  
- Giga Drain  
- Trick

Garchomp  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Claw  
- Toxic

As Redemption seems to be now, high versatility and multipliying potential roles appears to be the key to victory.

I like balanced strategies, with a bit of crippling the opponent before sweeping, that's the primary idea of my team .

Yeah, I know I'm running two Tricks! But I like this move in this league, it offers so many possibilities and ways to bypass weaknesses that I can't imagine not running it. 

There is currently this natural weakness to Fairy type and attacks, but I think I can handle it offensively.

Two Potential Megas, Gallade and Garchomp. Make your bets!

Thanks for helping me.

48 minutes ago, Shinyrio said:

I'm reposting my team here for advices, since I got no aswers (feels bad, man...) in the previous post (or my case of myopia is really severe), with a slight change.

Hide contents

Gallade  

- Drain Punch  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Ice Punch  
- Bulk Up

Bisharp  

- Sucker Punch  
- Iron Head  
- Knock Off  
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash  
Ability: Levitate  (Obviously)
- Hydro Pump  
- Volt Switch  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Trick

Porygon2  

- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam  
- Thunder Wave  
- Recover

Gengar  
Ability: Cursed Body  (Rip Levitate...)
- Sludge Wave  
- Shadow Ball  
- Giga Drain  
- Trick

Garchomp  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Claw  
- Toxic

As Redemption seems to be now, high versatility and multipliying potential roles appears to be the key to victory.

I like balanced strategies, with a bit of crippling the opponent before sweeping, that's the primary idea of my team .

Yeah, I know I'm running two Tricks! But I like this move in this league, it offers so many possibilities and ways to bypass weaknesses that I can't imagine not running it. 

There is currently this natural weakness to Fairy type and attacks, but I think I can handle it offensively.

Two Potential Megas, Gallade and Garchomp. Make your bets!

Thanks for helping me.

There's some issue with garchomp having earthquake, since it'll kill your bisharp and gengar in doubles. Also, you don't technically have a set up sweeper (bulk-up is slow) to use after "crippling" your opponent, which seems at odds with what you like. Mega-garchomp is technically worse than garchomp, so it may not be the best to M-evolve it. You're also likely to run into problems with the fighting leader if they play well. Fighting has surprising coverage and knock off, so it'll be easy to cover your mons with them. Taunt probably isn't that great on bisharp as it's slower than many mons; gengar might do better with taunt than trick. 

I decided to go back to the drawing board, this time taking a shot at a Fairy/Dragon/Steel core.

Steve Jobs (Metagross)  
Ability: Clear Body  
- Meteor Mash  
- Ice Punch  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Earthquake  

Jaws (Garchomp)  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Slide  
- Dragon Claw  

Morticia Adams (Gardevoir)  
Ability: Trace  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Psyshock  
- Protect
- Focus Blast  

Old Father Williams (Hitmontop) (M)  
Ability: Intimidate  
- Close Combat  
- Rapid Spin  
- Wide Guard  
- Rock Slide  

Winston Churchill (Whimsicott)  
Ability: Prankster  
- Switcheroo  
- Giga Drain  
- Tailwind  
- Dazzling Gleam  

Thomas Edison (Rotom-Heat)  
Ability: Levitate  
- Overheat  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Thunderbolt  
- Foul Play  

It has 2 special attackers, 2 physical attackers, and 2 supporters.

Also, two options for mega evolution. (Let's face it, Garchomp is a terrible choice for the mega slot)

Once again, any feedback would be appreciated.

• Global Mods

OK, I have no competitive battling experience but I thought trying this out might be fun so I picked some things from my reborn team that worked decently together then tried to shore up some holes with the rest.

Gallade @ Galladite  
Ability: Justified  
Jolly Nature  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Drain Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Swords Dance  

Bisharp @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Defiant  
Jolly Nature  
- Sucker Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Iron Head  
- Low Kick  

Scolipede @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Speed Boost  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Baton Pass  
- Poison Jab  
- Aqua Tail  

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Volt Switch  
- Hydro Pump  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Pain Split  

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet  
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Tail  
- Fire Blast  

Starmie @ Leftovers  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature 
- Rapid Spin  
- Scald  
- Recover  
- Psyshock  

The gimmick here is scolipede passing a dance and a speed boost to one of several potential physical sweepers, or attacking himself depending on the opponent. all tips appreciated as I dunno what I'm doing.

On 1/9/2017 at 3:30 PM, DreamblitzX said:

OK, I have no competitive battling experience but I thought trying this out might be fun so I picked some things from my reborn team that worked decently together then tried to shore up some holes with the rest.

Gallade @ Galladite  
Ability: Justified  
Jolly Nature  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Drain Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Swords Dance  

Bisharp @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Defiant  
Jolly Nature  
- Sucker Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Iron Head  
- Low Kick  

Scolipede @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Speed Boost  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Baton Pass  
- Poison Jab  
- Aqua Tail  

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Volt Switch  
- Hydro Pump  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Pain Split  

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet  
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Tail  
- Fire Blast  

Starmie @ Leftovers  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature 
- Rapid Spin  
- Scald  
- Recover  
- Psyshock  

The gimmick here is scolipede passing a dance and a speed boost to one of several potential physical sweepers, or attacking himself depending on the opponent. all tips appreciated as I dunno what I'm doing.

Aqua tail is good coverage move for your scolipede but if you want a guaranteed speed boost pass on it, try adding protect rather than solely relying on your focus sash. You could also transform it into a full support role by also having substitute so you could pass it into your other mons (I think that requires you to transfer 252 EVs of your attack to hp). Other than that, I think you have a good semi offensive scolipede if you stick to your original build. Hope I helped :)

Edited by Mr. Penglog