[Season 2] Redemption League Discussion Board

Bazaro

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, InnocentSerenity said:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Hey, Venus is back! Glad to see one of my favorites coming back.

I'm now remembering the one avatar Bazaro used a few months ago that was a zoomed-in screenshot of a figure with the same hair as Venus (but with a different pose than her season 1 sprite).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm now remembering the one avatar Bazaro used a few months ago that was a zoomed-in screenshot of a figure with the same hair as Venus (but with a different pose than her season 1 sprite).

That was just an older version of the Venus sprite you saw in S1, it was actually almost identical

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Are duplicate held items allowed? also any word on when we can expect gym leaders/brackets?

Near the bottom of the previous page of the thread, Sonata said Gym Leader and bracket information will begin on the 23rd.

In season 1 there was a clause where you couldn't have more than 3 Pokemon with the same held item, but I read this clause no longer applies in season 2.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:57 PM, Cyanna Cyril said:

Is it possible to "win EXP" from this event? I remember there was originally talk about activity both on the server and on the forums counting for EXP gains, so I was wondering if participating in something like this actively could generate some EXP for participants (even if it's part of the championship reward). Just wondering if that was part of the experience. 

This is something I have noticed has gone unaddressed, unless I missed something...

Basically all we can tell you is that it's something that is being decided upon, and we are unsure as of this very moment. I'm sure in due time I can update this and let you know, but as of now I cannot tell you yes or no. I appreciate you asking, but for now we're still working on things such as prizes and eligibility for future tournaments, & X-League related things until further notice. Of course we will most definitely have something, but it'll take a bit to get back to you on that one. 

I have a couple questions about how the gym leaders knowing the challenger's sets. Are the leaders supposed to build specific teams against the challengers after knowing their sets or are they just going to have some generic teams? Are gym leaders going to choose the battle format (singles, doubles...) after knowing the challenger's set or before?

1 hour ago, Lugruf said:

I have a couple questions about how the gym leaders knowing the challenger's sets. Are the leaders supposed to build specific teams against the challengers after knowing their sets or are they just going to have some generic teams? Are gym leaders going to choose the battle format (singles, doubles...) after knowing the challenger's set or before?

theyre not really supposed to build teams in response to the teams of the challengers, but theyre allowed to. the only generic thing in their team will be their ace pokemon- the leaders are forced to always bring this one in battle. theyre still allowed to change items, evs, etc. on it though.

the leaders are allowed to freely choose the battle format before challenging, and you will only be notified which format it will be at the moment you receive their challenge. so they do know your pokemon and moves before challenging you, but not your items, evs, etc.

On 1/23/2017 at 10:26 AM, Lugruf said:

What bibs said.

2 hours ago, Ragnor said:

Is it allowed to relinquish your rights to battle on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday and move those to Friday and Saturday since I go to school during those times from where I come from? 

Sorry, but no.

15 hours ago, Melody said:

Can I battle all the gym leaders in one day if I beat them each on my first try?

Only if you do a triple backflip and swallow a goldfish each time a pokemon gets knocked out

Once our Card Makers finish making all of the Trainer Cards that constantly pop up/need fixed, we will get a public thread where everyone can keep track of other trainer cards. When they have the time, they will update the cards with the proper badges and post them there.

• Global Mods

Lol I should probably register soon. I didn't realize you could reregister and was kinda stressing out because I thought you were locked into that team for the entire season, even if you got completely stuck. granted, now that I've actually found out, there's a 2 week limit on it.... but whatever. still would like a bit of feedback with someone from actual experience who has maybe fought some leaders already (team I've been planning on is at the bottom of page 5 of rate-my-team)