Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads [IC]

krim

KkPQGBp.png

"Fine then! To the depths with the likes of you anyway! Ne'erdowell! I Shall defeat you for what you've done! Come on Beau, GIGA RAYNEBEAU OVERDRIVE!!!" She couldn't tolerate what he did to one like Karik. She never would, it was unacceptable. No one should ever force one so young as him into this kind of life. She spun into a dive with Beau, and released her javelin, straight for the insane captain.

Move to U26, and dispense Justice from on high.

Spoiler

(Rayne will attack twice)
(Rayne is going on overdrive)
(Gonzap has the advantage)
(Gonzap is ready to deflect)

Rayne:
Attack: 6
Hit: 66%
Crit: 1%

Gonzap
Attack: 11
Hit: 82%
Crit: 1%

Rayne's Attack 1: 67, miss.
(Rayne's eyes glimmer: 81)

Gonzap's Attack: 99, miss.

Rayne's Attack 2: 50, hit! (1: CRIT!)
Gonzap takes a devastating 18 damage!

(...)

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon

Pirate 1: (0/22) (G10) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 2: (0/22) (H7) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 3: (0/22) (G10) Iron Club (43/45)

Pirate 4: (0/22) (J8) Iron Club (44/45)

Wakin: (0/24) (O14)

Pirate 5: (0/22) (N24) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 7: (0/22) (L19) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 8: (0/22) (N20) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 9: (0/22) (M21) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 10: (0/22) (O21) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 11: (0/22)(U15) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 12: (0/22)(K20) Iron Club (45/45)

Mercenary 1: (0/21) (J11) Released

Mercenary 2: (0/21) (H13) Iron Sword (43/45)

Mercenary 3: (0/21) (K15) Iron Sword (44/45)

Mercenary 4: (0/21) (T28) Iron Sword (45/45)

Mercenary 5: (0/21) (Q25) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)

Mercenary 6: (0/21) (T25) Iron Sword (45/45), 
Archer 1: (0/20) (H8) Iron Bow (42/45)

Archer 2 (Agrev): (0/20) (K10) Iron Bow (44/45), Vulnerary (3/3)

Archer 3: (0/20) (M22) Iron Bow (44/45)

Archer 4: (0/20) (M25) Iron Bow (45/45), Iron Longbow (28/30)

Gonzap: (8/26) (U28) Airmd (30/30), Hatchet (35/35)E

Players: Health, Location, Weapons

Rayne: (18/19) (U26) Iron Javelin (38/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Lance (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Belros: (19/19) (R28) Iron Dagger (42/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Sword (29/45), Iron Knife(39/40)E 
Cadence: (20/20) (Q28) Iron Rapier (32/40), Vulnerary (1/3)

Emilee: (17/17) (P24) Heal (25/30), Vulnerary (3/3)

Darius: (19/21) (S24) Flux (35/40), Vulnerary (3/3)

Idei: (18/19) (S27) Iron Bow (35/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3)

Chirya: (21/21) (P23) Vulnerary (3/3)

Karik: (24/24) (T26) Iron Axe (38/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Iron Club (45/45), Hatchet (32/35)E 

Allies: Health, Location, Weapons

Madante: (21/23) (S28) Allegretto (-), Vulnerary (3/3)

Exp Tracker: 71/100

Karik_Seriously....png

Karik’s hands had a firm grip on his axe. Staring down at the weakened man, Karik approached Gonzap. “It’s been much too long, Gonzap.” Karik stood calm, his eyes showing no fear as he raised up his axe. “Only been a year, but it certainly feels longer than that.” Karik shook his head. “But this year’s finally over. I can finally go soon. Away from this ship. Just one more Pirate we need to get rid of.”

Karik_No_Way.png

Karik paid no attention to vital areas. He just needed to strike. “I’m going home today. Back to Versidia!” With a quick dash, Karik sought to strike at Gonzap.

Move to T28 attack with the Hatchet and END THIS LONG YEAR!

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

(Karik is ready to send his enemy to the Locker)
(Karik will attack twice)
(Karik is inspired)
(Gonzap is ready to deflect)

Karik:
Attack: 9
Hit: 77%
Crit: 6%

Gonzap
Attack: 9
Hit: 68%
Crit: 5%

Karik's Attack 1: 46,hit!
Karik defeats Gonzap with 9 damage!

One final strike was all that was needed to bring the wounded pirate captain to the ground. Karik's axe tore into Gonzap and threw him back, bleeding on the deck.

"You little runt," Gonzap gasped in his final breaths. "I shoulda killed you off when I had the chance. Maybe if ol Wes was still here, if he hadn't bailed on us...then you...would all..." Gonzap collapsed onto the deck dead before he could finish his last words.

[Victory!]

Final Results:

Spoiler

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon

Pirate 1: (0/22) (G10) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 2: (0/22) (H7) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 3: (0/22) (G10) Iron Club (43/45)

Pirate 4: (0/22) (J8) Iron Club (44/45)

Wakin: (0/24) (O14)

Pirate 5: (0/22) (N24) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 7: (0/22) (L19) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 8: (0/22) (N20) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 9: (0/22) (M21) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 10: (0/22) (O21) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 11: (0/22)(U15) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 12: (0/22)(K20) Iron Club (45/45)

Mercenary 1: (0/21) (J11) Released

Mercenary 2: (0/21) (H13) Iron Sword (43/45)

Mercenary 3: (0/21) (K15) Iron Sword (44/45)

Mercenary 4: (0/21) (T28) Iron Sword (45/45)

Mercenary 5: (0/21) (Q25) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)

Mercenary 6: (0/21) (T25) Iron Sword (45/45), 
Archer 1: (0/20) (H8) Iron Bow (42/45)

Archer 2 (Agrev): (0/20) (K10) Iron Bow (44/45), Vulnerary (3/3)

Archer 3: (0/20) (M22) Iron Bow (44/45)

Archer 4: (0/20) (M25) Iron Bow (45/45), Iron Longbow (28/30)

Gonzap: (0/26) (U28) Airmd (30/30), Hatchet (35/35)E

Players: Health, Location, Weapons

Rayne: (18/19) (U26) Iron Javelin (38/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Lance (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Belros: (19/19) (R28) Iron Dagger (42/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Sword (29/45), Iron Knife(39/40)E 
Cadence: (20/20) (Q28) Iron Rapier (32/40), Vulnerary (1/3)

Emilee: (17/17) (P24) Heal (25/30), Vulnerary (3/3)

Darius: (19/21) (S24) Flux (35/40), Vulnerary (3/3)

Idei: (18/19) (S27) Iron Bow (35/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3)

Chirya: (21/21) (P23) Vulnerary (3/3)

Karik: (24/24) (T28) Iron Axe (38/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Iron Club (45/45), Hatchet (31/35)E 

Allies: Health, Location, Weapons

Madante: (21/23) (S28) Allegretto (-), Vulnerary (3/3)

Exp Tracker: 1/100 Level Up!

Madante_New.png

“Well then, he’s taken care of. Let’s get back to our ship and get back towards our destination.” Madante said, exhausted from the fighting and worried about the dark clouds overhead. Once everyone got back on board, Madante broke off the boarding planks from the pirate ship. "With that out of the way, we can finally get back on track. But first..." Madante paused before looking towards his comrades.

“Honestly, while I wasn’t quite expecting us to enter combat just yet, you all seemed to handle yourselves quite well. I don't think I could have been more impressed," he praised. He then focused his attention on Karik. 

"As for you Karik, you seemed to be quite capable yourself. Though you are young, you still were able to hold your own. Normally I would have asked you to assist us further, but you wanted to go to Versidia if I recall? It may be a while till we return there, since we have business elsewhere, but if you are willing to come with us we can certainly get you—” Madante was cut off by a loud roar of thunder, followed by a light drizzle.

“That…isn’t good. This particular area known to be able to tear apart ships in storms. I’ll try and see if I can steer us back to land,” Madante told the party, running towards the steering wheel. Before he could reach it however, the ship was pushed to the side quite hard by an incoming wave. Madante was flung onto the nearby railings, while everyone else was scattered across the deck.

“Ok, this is bad, this is very bad,” Madante yelped as the drizzle turned into a downpour. “Everyone get in the ship, I don’t need anyone going overboard!” He yelled to the group, as they all tried and eventually managed to get below deck. Madante eventually met up with the rest of the group below decks, soaking wet, but believing that now they just needed to wait out the storm. His belief was short-lived however, as everyone in the ship felt a violent lurch.

With a thundering roar, the ship’s deck was torn in two and it’s inhabitants were thrown into the water. The last thing they heard was Madante shouting at them to grab something before they blacked out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: A Journey Off Course

Year 1638, 19th of Vembra

A seagull flies through the air and, upon noticing a group of people on the beach side, decided to go over and investigate. After landing near the head of one of them, it gave a few pecks before the man began to stir, scaring the bird off.

Madante_New.png

“Ughhh, that was terrible,” Madante moaned, unsure of where he was or what had happened. As he tried to think, he recalled that his ship had been damaged, and the rest of his comrades were thrown to the ocean. Frantically, he looked about, but was relieved to find everyone else nearby, though none of them have woken up.

“Here’s hoping everyone’s alright,” Madante whispered before trying to rouse everyone. It took longer for some, but eventually everyone was conscious, with varying degrees of pain.

“So, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that all of us are alive with most of our belongings still with us. The bad news...I have no idea where we are.” He told the group, unsure of how they would react.

Emilee.png

Eyes closed, hugging her staff tightly Emilee seemed to be having a pleasant dream. As she roused her expresson quickly changed to a worried one as she looked around. "I was having the best dream... It was just about to get to the best part." She got up, clutching her head woozily. Emilee roused up trying to get the others to wake up as well. "Everyone get up, water is a bad substitute for air when it comes to breathing."

Karik_Seriously....png

“Ugh…” Karik’s eyes slowly opened, the bright sunlight quickly shutting them again as he brought his hand over them. Getting up to a sitting position, Karik noticed the rather odd ground. “What’s all this small rocky stuff?” Looking to the ground, Karik noticed something he hadn’t seen up close in awhile.

Blue_Headband_Karik.png

Sand.."

Karik_Talk_to_Me.png

"Sand."

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

"Sand!” Picking up clumps of sand beneath him, Karik had a big grin on his face as he realized where he was. Getting onto his feet, Karik nearly stumbled back to the ground, having not been on land for so long. “Ah, Aye missed ye, land!” It took all his restraint to not grab clumps of sand and drop them on his head in celebration.

Karik_No_Way.png

Noticing the lack of his weapons on his person, Karik quickly looked to his sides, finding his Hatchet and Club nearby. Not caring as much for his other weapons, Karik tried to find the one weapon he wanted. Lain on the ground behind him was his Iron Axe. “Oh, thank goodness.” Karik attached his axe to his belt, collecting the rest of his weapons. “Aye’d hate to lose this thing.”

Adjusting his headband, Karik actually gave a look to his surroundings. While he wasn’t one to appreciate the forests in the distance, he was certainly excited that he wasn’t looking at water for once.  “Aye be well, Madante.” Patting down his clothes to get the sand off his clothes, Karik waited for the others to wake up.

Edited by InnocentBoy

GtWSBYz.png

"Ugh... that could've gone better..." Belros groaned as he lifted himself off the sand. The light of the sun was blinding and he had this massive headache. He glanced around to see that they are indeed on land, though where exactly has yet to be determined. The sand in his... well... everywhere started to bug him so he began to shake it out. Away from anyone of course. "Besides the sand all over my clothes, this pound in my head and out boat being destroyed I'm relatively fine. Well, at least I have my blades still. Be a shame to walk around defenseless." He stretched out his legs, no use sitting around waiting for someone to come find us. I guess if anyone is going to get a layout of the immediate vicinity it's going to be him. Turning to Madante he spoke.

MKRj07N.png

"Hey Madante, I could scout around the area around here a bit if ya want. Give us a sense of our surroundings and whats nearby." While he did care about the others and they're current well being, it'll probably be best to find a safe location to huddle up before anyone catches a cold. Also, food and water are also a necessity.

dna37JF.png 

Rayne only remembered everything going black. She didn't really remember much of anything, just she never ended up hitting the water. Beau had managed to catch her midair. He not really done such a maneuver before but being the show off he was, and having the experience with flying with someone he needed to keep his eyes on at all times least she forget where she was... he was used to flying being a challenge. It was a long while until Rayne came too, but she did so in the saddle of her faithful steed who had landed on the island the storm was still going. The rain pelted down msahing into the ground discordant music it's creation.

Storms, the wrath of nature. Rayne, only awoke at the chance meeting of one of the droplets that were a homophone for her name. Beau had taken her a bit into the forest, but it didn't stop all the rain from getting to them. One hit her squarely in the brow, and she jolted up in her saddle. Beau snorted in response. At last she was awake.

"I'd say good mornin' sleeping beauty. But alas, I can nary speak a word. You worried me girlie. I wish I could tell ye that, but I'm sure ya know, in yer 'eart of 'earts."

3uhmXwU.png

"AHH! COLD!!!" she awoke, the unpleasent chill of the rain stinging her forehead. "Where...am I?"

KkPQGBp.png

"Beau, thank you. I'm sure you saved me from something. I don't really remember what though." she racked her mind trying to think of what it could be, then remembered the crack of thunder. The Slicing of the ship. It came in a flash, much like the lighting had. "Oh, I hope the others are okay... I wonder where they are. We need to look for them once this storm subsides."

And so, the girl and her pegasus stood in the forest while the world battered everything around them. It was almost serene in a way. Rayne and Beau, weathered the storm together, like they had with every other challenge that met them. They faced it with the other, ever since they had that chance meeting. Fate, one might call it.

The winds caressed her face as they flew around now, rather than tore at it. The storm finally having subsided, it was time to search for their companions. It didn't take long. After all, a group that large stuck out from the air. It looked like most of them washed ashore in the same place, which made finding them all the much easier. She was quite relieved, to the point she entirely stopped worrying, figuring they'd be fine and their healer wouldn't taken care of any bad injuries by now. So, when she landed she entirely forgot to announce her presence. Beau nearly landed on that annoying spy, but refrained from flattening him entirely. He was a merciful Pegasus. ((just needed to remember to shit in his tent later.))

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo2_100.png

Heart still pounding, he wakes to the sound of water lapping and the warmth of it pawing at his shins in soothing rhythm, a harsh change from the panic of what couldn't have been but moments before. He had thought he would go many years before experiencing terror of that kind again, but what does not come to him from roaring sands can be found in the destructive power of an angry sea, to whom the sturdiest ship is no stronger than a matchstick. His head throbs, likely from where the plank of scaffolding had struck him and robbed him of consciousness, so it takes him a moment to come into his senses once again.

And when he does, he starts instantly awake, taking in a deep breath only to find water disrupting his lungs. Instantly, he doubles over with a hacking cough, but all the while forces himself to his feet, ignoring his own sodden clothes and myriad of bruises for a more urgent fear -- Kite.

The last he had known, he had secured the frightened stallion in his compartment below decks when the sea had lurched their boat to the side. Has he lost him -- ?

A large, mottled grey heap on the sands some ways down the shore reassures him, but the relief is replaced almost instantly with a new, worse terror. Is he . . . ? Breaking into a surprisingly agile sprint across the soft terrain, he draws to a slow, unsure pace a few steps away, hands trembling. Does he want to know? But then, perhaps sensing someone approaching, the stallion twitches, a hind leg kicks impulsively. And hope dares to bloom in his chest again. "Kite . . . y-you're -- you're -- " But the moment he crouches to rest a hand on the horse's flank, the animal flies into a panic, screaming shrilly, ears flattened to his skull. Thrashing his body on the sand, he struggles to plant his legs beneath him, but the combination of fear and weariness fails him and he sinks down again. Startled, Idei steps back, wincing at the twinge of pain from his hip where a thrashing hoof clipped him ( another bruise to add to the tapestry, he guesses ). He bites his lip and moves around to where Kite can see him, calling forth the tactics his uncle had mastered to quell a berserk steed; and he needs to do it fast -- horses are more harm to themselves than to people in this state.

tumblr_inline_ofzyoxoVfM1tu2j7t_540.png

"Kite! Please, calm down. It's me. It's me, Idei. Please." He softens his voice though it trembles with fear, and begins to wonder what he's going to do if the stallion won't listen to him. Will he even trust him anymore after the shipwreck? And after they had just been beginning to build something . . . 

It takes a little while, but finally the fever dies down in the animal's eyes and his mouth stops frothing, shrill, screaming whinnies fading slightly. He is still in shock and in a state of panic, but Idei is able to touch him again after another minute, and his hand upon the horse's neck seems to at least remind him of a familiar presence. Kite's chest and sides heave with exertion, but slowly, very slowly, Idei is able to equal parts guide and coax him to his feet. The saddle had been lost to the watery depths sometime during the wreck, but the bridle and reins remain secure, and he holds them gently but firmly with one hand as he attempts to do a check of Kite's condition, making sure to keep careful in case he lashed out again.

Remarkably, despite everything, they both seem to be largely uninjured. There are a few cuts along the stallion's hide, but nothing swollen to indicate internal damage. It seems the worst that had gripped him is trauma. Idei wishes he had his equipment to groom Kite to comfort him, but that had all been lost with the ship. For now, he settles for running his hand down the length of his neck and side and whispering to him in a low, soft voice.

Darius_Anstane.png

"Nngh..." Darius groaned out before starting to wake up. He could feel a light headache, but beyond that he was fine. He proceeded to get into a kneeling position before looking around. What happened? he thought to himself before the last few memories returned to him. He remembered seeing the ship tear in two and him, alongside everyone else, being flung into the water. Beyond that, it was all a blur until he woke up.

"Well...at least we actually washed up on land instead of sinking to the bottom of the sea..." the shaman muttered to himself. The same could not be said of his belongings, though. All he had left are the clothes on his back, the lone tome he had on his persona and a vulnerary. He chanted a few words to himself before standing up, taking a better look at their surroundings.

Edited by Anstane

Spoiler

Silence. Their screams had ceased. The baying pleads for help no more. But the ambient roar of the dark falls still cascaded all around her. Despite the utter lack of light though, she could see for miles upon hundreds of miles upon the desolate lands. The barren place, filled with their sullen, milling forms, empty eyes of black boring into her even now. Mere apparitions, yet also something far more.

U1y5nQw.png

"thank the goddess...they finally stopped..."No sooner had she awoken had they immediately set upon her. All that she recalled was the ship's destruction and being ragdolled into the ocean. Washed up apparently... no sword, no coat, no supplies, why even the book was gone. Though perhaps losing some of those wasn't so bad in hindsight- it was only free of the coat's weight that she'd ever been able to outmaneuver them. And even then, just barely. It wasn't often she found something so able to easily match her natural speed.... all the more reason to get as far away from the fiends as possible. The only issue was she had not the slightest idea of where she might be headed in this realm.

"Forward....forward...forward...." the spirits whispered in her mind. No sooner than they had, the shades again began to surge, screeches filling the empty air with their intrepid voices, their hate, their envy, their terror. Like a wave of ashen gray and black, incorporeal forms merging and splitting with mad folly, one wraith scrambling over top the other, each face filled with the desperation of the damned as they reached out to the sole member of the living before them Again, the spirits called to her- forward, ever forward -and this time she did not hesitate. And lo and behold, as she turned, all she could find was a narrow street of cobblestone, naught but abyss on either side. Onward she pressed, as the single street expanded into many streets, and those many streets into many districts  and those districts into a township. All around, wills o' the wisp seemed to follow, casting their unnatural light upon the stones, their pursuit so dogged that it took only moments for Cadence to realize- they had no intent of lighting her way. Only signalling to the shrouded wave where she was. And just as she came to knew their motives, so too did the air itself begin to turn, turning cold and damp against her bare skin, her own breath escaping in hurried puffs. And then she saw them... their shapes looming bold.

"Save us..."

"Leave us..."

"Save us!"

"Kill them!"

"Sunder the light!"

"You have seen how it burns!"

"Free him!"

"Bring them all to ruin, none are fit to live!"

"SAVE US!"

"LEAVE US!"

hZPUbKG.png

"Damn..." She cursed beneath her breath, body shivering beyond her control  "WHAT EVEN ARE YOU!?"

They only continued in their calls, disregarding the question. It was hopeless, they'd found her. The wisps drew ever closer, forming a halo with their spectral light. Rolling tides of despair on all sides, lost within an ungodly sea of crossroads. Like beasts, they charged, palms outstretched, voices lamenting a myriad of incoherent thoughts and pleads. She took a step back, only to find herself closer to yet another wall of them. But just as all paths, neath the halo of the ghostly lamps, there were her eyes stabbed by a flash of astral light that split the night.... and with it, again came the sounds of silence.

A burst of divine might. Even untrained as she was, she could feel the raw presence of the blast in her mind, even before it tore a swath through the realm and sundered the shades blocking her escape, vanishing into the ether from the mere touch of the Aura like so many puffs of accumulated soot.

And in the naked light, she saw... the cloak of a scholar, gold adorned. Hair shining like beaten silver, eyes of peircing ruby. And even now as she watched, his silhouette doth moved to call the spirits yet again, and once more there came the flash of a neon god, whispering the sounds of silence.... and instinctively, as she had so many times before she made to reach for him, as the shades on either side continued to burn, this realm constituted of only the figure in the distance and herself. But there 'neath the halo of the wisps, between the walls of burning power, he would not even look at her. 

Only shook his head...muttered a few words in the old tongues, gestured to something behind Cadence.

then turned on his heels...

and walked further into the silent night as the spirits began to drag her away. 

Ouf1kQ5.png

"NO, WAIT!"  She awakened with the words screaming from her throat, still frantically trying to break free of the spirits hold until she realized... this was not cobbled stone beneath her... twas sand. And this moisture on her face... it wasn't merely the air. She touched a single hand to her eyes as she pushed herself up to sit. She took stock of the surrounding shoreline, finding her coat strewn a few feet away...and the book mere inches from where she sat. And she knew what had happened... what it had all really been...

Ylw75hC.png

"It...no... it couldn't have been, that was... it was real, I know it... he..." The spirits were again whispering to her as she tried to process the experience. She took a shaky breath, though the centering had a far lesser effect than it had in battle, given the sights of the other realm. But from what they told her... it had been real. In it's own bizarre, twisted way, the other realm had been as much apart of reality as the barren sand she'd woken up on and the shapes of her allies, far in the distance. It seemed most of them had survived the calamity as well... she stood, shaking, and wiped her face as best she could.

q3LZTUv.png

"I know it was him...why? Why did he do it, why'd he tell you to drag me away?" The spirits gave no response. "ANSWER ME!" again, nothing. All she could even feel from them was the slightest trace of regret over the whole encounter. 

Zn4783x.png

"....rrrrrrrrrr....fine, stay silent, wandroughts. One way or another, I'm going to find a way back to that place...whatever the hell it even was." She collected the- surprisingly dry given it's time at sea -brigandine-laden coat and slung it over her shoulder, bending down to collect the old codex... and there she saw it. The damn rapier, sticking out of the sand as if someone had sheathed it there with every ounce of furious force they could muster. She sighed as she straightened with the book in tow, shaking her head. It was too obvious that these lot had a massive hand in saving her- waking up without her coat on, her meager belongings and her weapon still intact and gathered together despite every bit of logic dictating they be lost at sea, especially the damn iron rapier- peice of shit should've sunk right into the depths, yet here it was... but they could've been a little less cheeky about it.

"Look... I don't like this damn thing either ok, but.... don't just go shoving it into the ground like that, you wandroughts. It's the only damn thing I've got, the last thing I need is for you lot to ruin it doing this type of stuff..."

Again, they said nothing in response. But she knew they were laughing. She took the rapier out of the dry sand, sighing in relief that their little statement hadn't worn it out  even further than the pirates' bodies had.

Madante_New.png

"Hmm, as much as some scouting would be useful, I'd rather not split up the group. Especially not when we have no clue where we are or what's around," Madante told Belros, taking a look at the forest further past the beach line.

"Plus, it looks like the forest area here is rather dense. We'll have to go through it eventually, but I'd rather we all go together if its alright with you."

Only after he is certain that Kite had calmed down enough to take his attention off of him does he survey the others who, one by one, are beginning to rouse themselves from the sand and collect their bearings and belongings. Remarkably, none of them seem to be much worse off despite the wreckage . . . it is reasons like this that he does not trust the sea. He can't blame the stallion for being nervous over open water like that, not anymore; it's only Idei's second time on a boat and he's not eager to repeat the experience a third time, given that. It's a miracle they'd all survived and he throws up a quick, fervent thanks to Mother Earth and Father Sky for preserving them before gently coaxing Kite further inland to join the others slowly gathering.

As he draws near, their Commander's words reach him and he glances to the thick underbrush not some paces from them with a deepening frown. Navigating through that forest on horseback will be more of a challenge than he would like. And he's not even sure how ready they would be for whatever might greet them; it seems that, even if the others aren't too shaken about the unexpected change in events, his horse is still skittish. With luck though, they won't encounter anything hostile.

"We have no idea where we are?" he asks Madante. "This land isn't on any map?"

Edited by rokubiraijuu

Madante_New.png

"I can't say for certain. Most of the islands in the region are charted, but it's hard to tell which island is which from just something like this. Also the storm and the currents could have washed us up nearly anywhere. If I knew the ocean currents better, maybe I could be of more help in navigation," Madante answered, disappointed in his lack of actual navigational or geographical skills. 

"Here's hoping that this place has some towns nearby at least."

MKRj07N.png

Belros was a bit startled after the pegasus knight landed right by him. While it was annoying it was nothing to get worked up over. He looked back at Madante,  "Alright, you're the commander." Belros didn't mind not scouting, if anything, less work after that shipwreck is a good thing.  "Well, I guess we'll just have to sit and wait for the others to wake up." He walked over to a decent sized rock in the sand and plopped onto it.

Emilee.png

"You know, isn't this a little bit exciting?" Emilee says clapping her hands together. "No one seems to be injured, and we all came out of this unharmed. This is a lot like a beach camping trip! We can sleep here at night looking at the shining stars and then when it starts to get cold at night we can huddle together for warmth..." She gazes dreamily at the sky and sighs sweetly but moments later snaps back to reality. "Oh... Hold on maybe that won't work very well with so many of us. We can have a campfire instead! That also sounds nice."

Glancing to their spy dropping down to make himself comfortable on one of the small boulders scattered about the beach, Idei frowns in thought for a moment, then takes a couple steps towards him, Kite following along for a step with a low, nervous huff, ears on a constant swivel. " . . . Belros, right? I might need to borrow one of your daggers in the near future. Would you lend one to me?"

Zn4783x.png

"Yeah, that sounds fun and all" Cadence called in response to the priestess as she finally neared the group, the trail of her steps showing just how far down the shore she'd washed up, coat and rapier still hand. Those closest to her likely could've seen the tell-tale redness of her eyes, along with the strange black book she carried beneath her other arm. Interestingly enough though, without the heavy garb slung over her shoulder hiding most of the gracious, goddess-given endowment of her figure now, it was plain beyond the utter shadow of a doubt that she was most definitely female.

"but I think you're forgetting about how we're supposed to be looking into things over on Kabumu. Not really much time to be enjoying ourselves... goddess knows how far off course we went and how much time we've already lost thanks to the storm. Better to try and find help and a way back off this place as soon as we can. Well... assuming we actually ended up somewhere with anyone to help us, that is."

MKRj07N.png

Belros looked up at his nomad comrade with a bit of confusion. He didn't think he's be hearing a question like that, much less from a bowman.  "A dagger? Sure I don't see why not, just don't go stabbing me behind my back!" He chuckled a bit. "But might I ask why you need a dagger? Nothing much to stab here and you favor using bow right? Not that I'm doubting your intentions, just curious is all."

• Upvote 1

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo4_100.png

He had expected the question, though the other's comment is a little bit of a strange one to make. Why would he think he would stab him in the back? "Yes, I'm most skilled with the bow, but I can handle a knife," he says with a slight smile, located more in the eyes than in any actual change in the turn of his mouth. "Kite lost his saddle in the disaster . . . I doubt any towns here sell saddles like my tribe makes them. I'm going to buy leather as soon as I can and fashion my own."

MKRj07N.png

"Ah ok." He took a quick glace at the horse and indeed the saddle was gone.  "Well at least we're all still alive, a saddle is a small price to pay. But you know how to make a saddle? I guess living like nomads do you'd eventually learn stuff like that. Tell ya what, once you get the leather come tell me and I'll give the dagger to you. Also, I might be interested in seeing you make it, if you don't mind of course."  

Karik_Talk_to_Me.png

Karik fidgeted in place, realizing where he was. Where he was? Nowhere near Versidia. While he had missed the land, Karik had never seen a place like this in all his life. Anything could be hiding behind those trees. What if it was a bear? His mother always told him not to venture into forests alone. What if a bear came up and attacked him?! No, Aye shouldn’t think that way. Karik lightly slapped his cheek, trying not to overthink. Versidia can’t be that far away. We’ll be back there in no time. Calming his emotions, Karik gave a listen to Madante.

Karik_Calm.png

“There shouldn’t be too much to worry about.” Karik came up, raising his hand to call attention. “If it wasn’t too long, we’d probably end up not too far from where the ship was.” Karik closed his eyes, trying to think about where they could be.

Karik_Foolish_Child.png

“If it wasn’t too long since the shipwreck, we shouldn’t be too far. If you were going directly from Versidia to Kabumu, you should end up within the area. From there, you’d end up on Versidia, Kabumu, or northern Arcadia. Given the lack of any notable desert areas, it’s not likely that we’d end up at Arcadia, unless we ended up on the west side of the island, which means we’d be able to find the capital nearby.”

Karik_Talk_to_Me.png

“Does anyone happen to know how long we might’ve been out?” Karik glanced towards all of his allies, hoping to see if anyone had any idea.

Edited by InnocentBoy

Madante_New.png

"That would be convenient for us. I'm surprised though. For someone so young, you seem to be quite knowledgeable about Veritias. More so than I it seems," Madante says, muttering the last part under his breath.

"As for how long we've been out...I have no idea. All I know is that I just recently came to. Though it seems like its more midday, so maybe we weren't out too long?"

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo4_100.png

Relieved to hear that the spy doesn't have any misgivings, Idei simply nods. "Yes, all the men of my tribe are taught to make our own tack by ten years old." The touch of pride to his tone is unmistakable, though subtle enough not to be overbearing. He runs the fingers of one hand through Kite's dark mane, trying to comb out the sand and seawater that had gotten matted in the hair. "I don't mind . . . " If anything, he hadn't expected that anyone should give more than confused attention to his native practices; since he had arrived in Versidia, all his heritage had done was set him apart from the locals. "Though I'm surprised you're interested -- "

Karik's arrival cuts him off, and he turns to face the boy as he speaks; as the conversation has shifted to their survival, he ought to pay attention. After their Commander's pensive words, he adds his own following a moment of consideration: " . . . Kite made it here alive and well," he replies, more reservedly now that he's speaking to a crowd. "We can't have been swept far." After all, a horse is much more liable to sink and drown in open water, and . . . he's not sure Kite knows how to swim, given their origins in the desert.

MKRj07N.png

"Well lets worry about finding civilization then worry about where exactly where we are. Our survival is top priority and I... we can't afford to die here." He corrected himself. Working together as a group is the best way to stay alive in this world. Without teamwork and synergy stuff becomes tougher and sometimes lead to casualties. It's harder to pilfer without trustworthy help, he'd have been caught multiple times without his former friends.