Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

Just now, Alex said:

For your first point I wasn't accounting for STAB for Ninetales either, so that's irrelevant. The 1.5x boost was simply from Drought. If STAB was included, that number would be higher.

Also, every flying-type that is faster than normal Ninetales but slower than Alolan ninetales: http://prnt.sc/ew6hmy

Wait, 95 speed ingame is fast?? Ninetales is 100 speed and I've been talking about ingame all this time so how is it not fast?? Competitive is irrelevant since this is about its discussion about performance ingame.
"I'm pretty sure Max spA stab blizzard hits harder then drought flamethrower"
252+ SpA Ninetales Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino in Sun: 141-166 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- 49% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 114-135 (27.8 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

1. I never said 100 speed was slow..? I've been saying 100 speed isn't useful for any well rounded team such as gym leaders. Granted Gym leaders are in game, so my fault for referring to them as different things, but that's what I've been doing.

2. Learned something new today. (The calcs)

3. And I was mainly talking about performance against well rounded teams, not ingame in general. I only brought up 95 being fast in ingame because it is. I never said 100 was slow in ingame in general. In fact, I never said 100 was slow at all. The summary of what I've said this whole team regarding Ninetales' speed that refers to it potentially being "slow" is that it gets it's one kill on a mon and then another mon switches in on it then it dies. And this is in reference to well rounded teams. The entire time I've been trying to talk about it's performance against well rounded teams, and you kinda just brought up in game in general. And Breeder Timmy's team of Audinos isn't a well rounded team.

EDIT: Whatever. Point originally was that ninetales should be given to the player and A. Ninetales shouldn't. I'm just going to stand by that and move on.

Edited by Sceptilespy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I see where you're coming from more, but I still think the speed difference is pretty slim since accounting for random IVs on your pokemon and such, and leaders, especially on intense, being a higher level and having perfect IVs is a thing, so their speed is going to be higher than usual. Of course, both normal ninetales and alolan ninetales do different things; alolan ninetales is faster but ninetales is stronger, but I think the strength is a much more important difference than the speed. However, when thinking about where something is going to be placed, you need to think about the game in general and not just leaders. Also, Drought provides a lot more support than Snow Warning, (although now with slush rush, this might change) and we already have snow warning providers.
I see where you're coming from, I just disagree. :P

You both are downplaying drought. The ability to setup weather with such a small cost is huge. Setting up the sun that way means not only don't you have to "sack" the pokemon for your weather, you can reuse him easier, you have guarntueed weather, you can put more pressure on your opponent , ... . Then don't forget what it does to some pokemon. Charizard becomes a huge monster under the sun. Under solar power it has more special attack then its mega. This makes charizard a threathening sweeper. Chlorophyl users like leafeon get monstrous speed,  moonlight and synthesis get their healing increased, ... .

To refer another fangame, in desolation, you get ninetales. When you as a sun team get draught, your effiency improves by a lot. I clearly noticed the difference. It is not a threathening sweeper but it is a dangerous support. It boosts my heliolisks special attack, it makes a setup clefable easier, it makes charizard a nuke, ... .

when i managed to beat madam x i used knock off on her yveltal, it was holding a soul stone, maybe our mother was killed long ago and madam x did some shit and now she is reborn as her tool, well ... WAS reborn as her tool

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, sakurajinguji said:

Hey @Jan, if people made fan-art for Rejuvenation, would you put it at the end of the final game, like the credits perhaps? My friend really wants to give you some and I'm tempted to draw some too. 

There's a thread here for fanart.

6 minutes ago, sakurajinguji said:

Hey @Jan, if people made fan-art for Rejuvenation, would you put it at the end of the final game, like the credits perhaps? My friend really wants to give you some and I'm tempted to draw some too. 

That would be amazing. Just Skip all of the shipping fanart and give us the awesome ones.

Also, an Idea: Someone should create an Anime Opening/ending Style video for the game. It might take a long time, and it would require a person with skill, but It could look good.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, sakurajinguji said:

Yeah I know, but I mean if he'll actually put some fanart in the credits/end of the game. 

that's up to jan on that he have to seen them first

on another note I wonder if jan will let use get the tm dark pulse soon (my umbreon needs a hard hitting dark move)

Edited by lokighost

• Developers

-Small Update-

--Rift Pokemon--

This isn't planned for V9 because I'm tired of piling on work, but in the next version Dimensional Rift Pokemon will

be reworked. Some will be receiving new Rift Worlds, stats, abilities, and sprites*

Instead of just going for "This Pokemon is strong now", I want to go for giving them each more personality and

differences that you can distinguish from each battle. I also want to give more counter play (There I go sounding

like a Riot employee :/) to each rift instead of just "Oh, this Rift just one shotted me." Because I can't say I'm

entirely a fan. If each fight comes down to an opponent being able to one shot you, is that really a battle

or just a game of Hyper Potion/Revive stall? No bueno. 

*I've already redone a couple of them already and they will be in V9, but I just want to show off one for now. 

Some Pokemon resent the fact they have been turned into a Rift Pokemon- Others couldn't care less?

Spoiler

yVUBML8.png

22xxdlB.png

andyesIknowIwroteThiccFatThatWasIntentionalAndIReallyWantToKeepItThatWayButIDontKnowIfItsTooMemeyOrNotButImAboutToJustSayFuckItAndKeepIt

oh yeah, I'm almost done with V9 too. I guess that's important to say. :^)

48 minutes ago, Jan said:

-Small Update-

--Rift Pokemon--

This isn't planned for V9 because I'm tired of piling on work, but in the next version Dimensional Rift Pokemon will

be reworked. Some will be receiving new Rift Worlds, stats, abilities, and sprites*

Instead of just going for "This Pokemon is strong now", I want to go for giving them each more personality and

differences that you can distinguish from each battle. I also want to give more counter play (There I go sounding

like a Riot employee :/) to each rift instead of just "Oh, this Rift just one shotted me." Because I can't say I'm

entirely a fan. If each fight comes down to an opponent being able to one shot you, is that really a battle

*I've already redone a couple of them already and they will be in V9, but I just want to show off one for now. 

Some Pokemon resent the fact they have been turned into a Rift Pokemon- Others couldn't care less?

Reveal hidden contents

yVUBML8.png

22xxdlB.png

andyesIknowIwroteThiccFatThatWasIntentionalAndIReallyWantToKeepItThatWayButIDontKnowIfItsTooMemeyOrNotButImAboutToJustSayFuckItAndKeepIt

I like that new look  Jan (any news on use getting strength soon)

51 minutes ago, Jan said:

-Small Update-

--Rift Pokemon--

Hide contents

yVUBML8.png

22xxdlB.png

Pokemon Rejuvenation? More like Pokemon  T H I C C

Just now, Jan said:

-Small Update-

--Rift Pokemon--

Hide contents

yVUBML8.png

22xxdlB.png

Yes. I've been waiting for some personality. Now how about some use too? Like if Zetta didn't do it in the heat of the moment, he could've used Carnivine to like strangle everybody. Make a wall of uncuttable vines, which would keep them there AND block off Kakori towns food supply. Well, at least some of it. Now while the mon has personality now, it's still just a Pokémon that's there to be strong storywise. Maybe more could be done in the future? Like a Dimensional Rift Spiritomb that releases the 108 spirits it was made of (Check dem dex entries yo) and, idk, like haunt a town to scare them out? A Dimensional Rift Psychic type Pokémon that uses telekenisis to grab a meteor or something and destroy the region? Not sure, but from the Player's POV, these dimensional rift pokemon seem to be there only to be strong. Which is fine I guess. But would like to seem some more done. (Not to say you need to do it now. You can focus on delivering me my version 9.)

1 hour ago, Jan said:

-Small Update-

--Rift Pokemon--

Reveal hidden contents

yVUBML8.png

22xxdlB.png

WAAAIIIIIII!!!