[OOC/Sign-Ups] Myriad of a Thousand Worlds - Ashes of War

Notus

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Idk if you were referring to me, but Jarvis is a professional bodyguard. Part of his job is to assess the threat level that people pose. Considering the wild and warlike nature of the world, I'm sure it's not unreasonable for Jarvis to sense something different about her.

´bout Vermillio, he certainly sensed something off about Bom, due to being a demon and whatnot. Probably she is the one he has less info on as well, so that´s why he´s trying to make her react. Or maybe he´s just liked her, who knows? :P

Yea but keep in mind her aura probably isn't something demons have felt in... 1000's of years. Primordial Ones rarely have contact with the mortal world anymore. Bom is... an exception. ((Her aura wouldn't even feel like that of other demons to the point.)) Like until she shifts the first time, no one will have a clue what she is lol.

Basically, she's a "demon" but she's not a demon. She's something different enough to warrant the classification. Can't really look at her and go, "Thaaat's a demon alright!" she doesn't have a true form her form is whatever it is in the moment. ((she just feels more of an identification with the form that is uniquely hers.)) Like, think of it this way, True sight wouldn't reveal anything about her, because she can change her anatomy. How she looks now, is what she is. lol. ((so, she's basically a human right now. Her Shifting abilities as you recall I've said aren't magic. Bom can't use magic. She's not able.)) the only trace of her being "off" is the aura which can only really be sensed by demons which they can feel because they are offspring in a sense, so they can feel it, things that are related to demons.

Really the only characters that should be able to feel the "broadcast" are those that are demons, half-demons, Murdoc's character ((since Vampires are related to demons, and in some myth are said to be types of them.)). None of the angels and humans could sense it with the exception of Lucielle most likely. ((due to yea, Animals apparent ability to sense the super natural.)) even then, she's still "human" as far as anyone there knows.

Look, it's juuuuuuuust... kinda really annoying that a character that has 1000's of years of practice seeming to be something different than she is, si being ousted in... 2 seconds flat. Like I'm really starting to regret having put in that line cause now like... everyone is using it to meta the fuck out of me... It's like... a chill or a somewhat bothersome feeling not a giant beacon that says "HI I'M A DEMON!!!"

like this is what I wrote.

"As a note, Other demons can sense that Bom is something more than she lets on, though can't pinpoint the feeling directly to her. Though, whether they find this comforting... or highly terrifying... depends on the individual. Those that have connections to demonic forces also can sense it, but with no where near as much clarity."

Like so... folks want to stop meta'ing me or...?

• Support Squad

I mean not having a true form is one thing but anything with any kind of magical sense would be able to distinguish a big, bad, old muthafucka, right? If she's that old, she's probably the source of legends of shapechangers. With that in mind and the fact that people are dealing with the literal possibility of anything and it only makes sense for someone wary to pay attention to their spine and any chills it may feel. I've specifically avoided Jorgen noting anything cuz he wouldn't have any predisposition, knowledge or sense to pay any attention to Bom beyond looking at her as she speaks but I wouldn't put it past any other character more related to magic and such.

Hmmm yea, but literally no one is listening to me as per usual. I'm seriously about to just drop cause clearly what I'm saying doesn't matter to people so why should I bother being here.

Like I've been saying this whole time it's impossible for people to know she's a demon. As far as anyone else knows she is 100% human. There's no indications otherwise. How many more times do I have to say it? Seriously. The signal doesn't even pinpoint to her, the people that can feel it would jsut feel it from the room. They'd not knwo it's from Bom herself. And yet everyone has pinpointed her as the source when that's literally impossible.

So uh, yeah, don't want to really have to do this, but since it seems I kinda have to...

just as a general note, can we all like, maybe tone it down a bit with the being overly suspicious of Bom. Like seriously, god damn, once is excusable as a learning curve for new folks, but for it to keep happening. For reals, she's basically done fuck all to warrant this level of attention thus far, aside from obviously being the most socially adept given how she deflected dem questions... but yeah, seriously. starting to get a bit ridiculous with the metaing, and look at from the perspective of the person going through it; how much fun do you think it is to play a character when people begin to put words in her mouth and make up body language and such every like freaking ten seconds?

I mean, it's like Hukuna already said multiple times folks, the only ones present who have any justification to sense the slightest thing "Different" about Bom are a very small group comprised of those who are either of Demonic kin (or are vampires apparently), have done a fuck ton of research into ancient demonic lore (ala Murdoc's pc) or have some innate tie to animals and access to their natural senses (Lucille)... and even then, whatever slight "offness" they sense should be nowhere near enough to instantly know "Oh yeah, she's a primordial being, just like the types feared in legend and song, yup, definitely, no doubt about it..." I mean, both me and murdoc had ours notice only because they fell into that tight category, and even then, Lucille didn't bother paying much attention to the sensation and Murdoc didn't immediately go "She's an ancient demon of untold power!" no, he essentially went "Huh... wtf would anyone name themselves after some demon god, what is this, some edgy cult?" (OK, paraphrasing the hell out of it, but...)

I mean, for christs sakes, the man obviously wants to have something to reveal at some point in time, given he had her say "It would be easier to show you, but not now..." and the constant metaing kinda shits all over that. One of the most basic rules around here is respect... how respectful do you all think it is to repeatedly brush the man off when he asks to cut the bs? how much would you all like it if another person here did that to ya? I know you wouldn't, you'd go to the host, and if the host did nothing and it escalated, guess who you'd be whinning to then? that's right, Hukuna...

so yeah... please, let's cut the crap. The amount of people who could justifiably sense anything "different" about bom is so small here that it's nigh laughable how many outside of them have already done it. and this same principle can easily apply to future situations and npcs and such brought in by notus- Metaing is frowned on for a reason... a reason dobby already explained... I mean, I can expand if you guys want, but... he already explained it well enough.

seriously though, please tone it down. Everyone's supposed to be able to have a good time here, kinda hard for him to do that when everyone's got homing demon sense or some crap...

not trying to sound mean here, but... god damn, it's gotten to the point where even I'm annoyed.

Bargus' a demon, so at least I can put some "suspicion notes" on that, right? I even brushed it off almost completely by leaving it as "Not-Human". If that's not okay, I'll just edit that out. Sorry for any inconvenience.

It's honestly more up to hukuna, but given what he's already said and folks have ignored, I think it be safe to just have Bargus notice something a bit off about her but not enough to instantly id her as anything non-human. maybe like a weird vibe a girl at a party might get from a creeper, idk, it was just...really getting ridiculous and all.

Alright, gotcha. I'll fix that one tidbit to make it more acceptable. Thanks for the heads up.

"He looked around, memorizing the looks of each and every single one of his teammates. There was something unusual about the "Bom" woman, but then again, everyone here was unusual one way or another, so he paid it no mind."

This is the tweaked version. In my opinion, it's better than before.

Edited by IntSys

Ooops, OK, I´m kinda late to the party. I´ve read through the whole thing again and yep, none of Bom´s behaviour suggests she´s anything sinister. Let´s tone down everything ok? Remember to consider only what the other PCs efectivelly do and talk, not what they feel or think.

Tachibana, you can submit a character, no problem. I´ll have to introduce your´s later though.

KK, that's kewl. Incoming chuuni

Name: The One Who Brings True Justice to Both Light and Darkness: Twilight Avenger (Her real name is Lisa Fujita, probably, she might have made that up too)
Race: Half demon, half angel. A being born of a forbidden union who is destined to save the world from destruction (She's human)
Class: Chuunibyou (Mage)
Primary Weapon: A demonic sword filled with the power of darkness (It's just a normal katana) It has a black hilt and a silver blade

Backup Weapon: A handgun which shoots purifying bullets (It's not even a real gun, just fires plastic pellets) It is painted white

Appearance:

[Normal] An average height teenage girl with short black hair and grey eyes. Lisa looks vaguely East-Asian but with slightly less rounded features. She wears a black sailor fuku with the tie-thing and accents being red, knee-high red socks and black shoes. Her gun is strapped to her left ankle and her sword is sheathed to her right hip (the sheath is just plain black)

[Chuuni] When her powers are unleashed, Lisa's appearance changes drastically. Her hair changes color to red and grows longer, reaching to her hips. Her eyes also change to red and start glowing. Her sword's blade turns to black fire and her gun starts to glow brightly. A ruby attached to a silver chain latches itself around her right wrist. She keeps the sailor suit, but it doesn't even shrink like it's supposed to. She also sprouts one black bat-like wing and one white-feathered wing to represent her fantasy heritage

Personality Overview: Lisa, is, expressive. That's the nicest way to put it. She always acts like she's the protagonist of the universe and that everything is about her journey to "bring justice to light and dark." She's not really a bad person, just a little obnoxious. But on the flip side, she is earnest. She really does wish for justice and peace and even if she acts like life is a game, deep-down she knows the truth of it and will always fight her best. She talks all the time, usually about one of her absurd delusions, making her tough to interact with. When her facade does fall, which isn't often, it's usually because she misses her home and her family. Although her foremost goal is to enjoy herself and show off, she does eventually want to return home

Skill Level Overview: The chuunibyou is a powerful being capable of turning their fantasies to reality, but only in the case that their opponent also believes in their power. When her spell is broken, she reverts to being a normal teenage girl with some cheap weapons. However, if one is willing to believe in her strength, then she will gain it, the prayers of a thousand dead flowing through her endlessly and warping reality around her to give her imagined powers truth. The tough part is convincing her enemies that she does possess these powers, since she can't manifest them until after they believe her

Her abilities when these powers activate are as follows:

• Launching waves of demonic black flame from her sword
  • Shooting bullets which explode with light
  • Moving at speeds far beyond that of a normal human
  • Reaction times far beyond that of a normal human
  • Superhuman strength
  • Resistance to injury and pain, as well as hyper-healing of most injuries (notably excluding broken bones)
  • Short-range teleportation
  • The ability to discern the locations of invisible objects and people
  • Flight
  • Generating forcefields out of light and darkness
  • Access to a variety of darkness and light based attacks so long as she can think of a cool name for them

Also if she were ever to take off her bracelet in her chuuni form, her powers would run amok and probably destroy a world somewhere (or just start a few memes, she's never done it so there's no real way to know)

Backstory: Lisa was born from the union of- Okay, no, let's be real. Lisa is an average girl from an average life in an average world. She always wanted desperately to be special, to be a hero destined to save the world. She created a fantasy around this, one where she became the Twilight Avenger, a being powerful enough to bring justice and balance to the war between light and darkness but who struggled to avoid being overcome by either force. Then came the day when she found a ruby bracelet in her grandmother's attic. She dubbed it the perfect container for her power and wore it nonstop, claiming that if she were to remove it her powers would run amok and destroy the world

Some point not long after this, she was sucked through a portal into Myriad, where miracles and magic were real. Angels and demons like in her fantasies did exist. And when she claimed to have power, that power was granted her. Her bracelet now truly contained her powers, and would appear when she was capable of activating them. Why this was the case was unclear, but she was overjoyed by this discovery. She entered into the human military, but was almost immediately "kicked out" because she was crazy claimed to be half and half demon/angel, which didn't go over well. But she did manage to hear about the strike force which totally didn't involve any eavesdropping and decided she would find a way to become a part of it and show them all her true power (I figure you can figure out how she becomes part of it, since I can't exactly see her being invited >_< )

Lemme know what needs changed and if I accidentally stopped mid-thought in any of the sections

Hmmm, can't sleep might as well point out the post that's still an outlier in all this is this one here.

If you could rework that post, CG, that'd seriously be swell. ((Because yea... there's no way in hell that Misara knows that. No one there knows that Luna is a demon [which teeechinally isn't even correct... since she actually isn't a demon... but semantics.]. Trust me... I know.))

Anyway, hopefully after this is taken care of... this whole thing stops cause I'm kinda... really tired of it already. There's only one RP I got this hardcore meta'd in before and that incident was bad enough that I did quit because I just couldn't enjoy it anymore afterwards. Here's hoping that it doesn't come to that this time. because seriously, I want to enjoy this. But, this shit is making it excessively hard to do so right now.

Inno, just a suggestion: try to differentiate the type of writing you use for thoughts and speaking, like using italyc for thoughts or something along these lines. It gets much easier to read.

CG, Huk´s linked it on the first line of his last post here.

@Tachibana: That´s hillarious :D . So either she is completely defenseless, or quite overpowered. Tough character to run , but an interesting one!

Ok, Twilight Avenger/Lisa accepted. I´ll talk to you later as to how we´ll introduce her into the plot.

Edited by Notus