Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, DarkDaemonSpade said:

At least 3 berries are missing from the berry shop

Nanab Berry

Pinap Berry

Magost Berry

All three of those berries you mentioned are ones used as ingredients for Berry Juice at the Cianosa Cafe, and can be found in Bunnelby Burrows. I don't remember if I removed them from the berry shop for that reason or if I just forgot to ever put them there in the first place, but I'll put them in. 

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods
Just now, DarkDaemonSpade said:

When the full game is released, will you give post where and how to obtain all pokemon?

There's a notepad file named obtainablepokemon in the game folder that lists all available Pokemon as well as their locations. This is updated with every episode. 

I'll probably either make a post or a separate notepad file for legendary sidequests, though. 

• Thanks 1

So, it seems like I have somehow managed to screw up my safedata. When I wanna load my file, it just tells me;

"Script 'PScreen_Load' line 399: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'updateMap' for nil:NilClass"

Starting a new Game works fine though... But I would like to avoid starting a second run before I finished my first. So if there is any way to fix it, I would appreciate much <3 

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Mana said:

So, it seems like I have somehow managed to screw up my safedata. When I wanna load my file, it just tells me;

"Script 'PScreen_Load' line 399: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'updateMap' for nil:NilClass"

Starting a new Game works fine though... But I would like to avoid starting a second run before I finished my first. So if there is any way to fix it, I would appreciate much <3 

Game.rxdata

I'm also getting this error when I load your save. I think I might have an idea of what caused it, but first I have a few questions. 

1) Where were you and what you were doing when you first got this error?

2) Do you remember when you downloaded Spork?

1 hour ago, DarkDaemonSpade said:

I found a U-Corsola, but can't find it in the obtainablepokemon.txt

That was an accident caused by me forgetting to change U-Corsola's internal name from "CORSOLA" to "UCORSOLA". U-Corsola isn't supposed to be obtainable until the postgame.

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm also getting this error when I load your save. I think I might have an idea of what caused it, but first I have a few questions. 

1) Where were you and what you were doing when you first got this error?

2) Do you remember when you downloaded Spork?

For the first question. I was in the second Training Center, walked into the Atk Room and saved. Then I loaded the Game a bit later, but it told me the script takes too long, so it auto safed and closed the client. After that, this Error occured all the time. Thought I could just delete that last safedata like in Reborn or Rejuvenation. But unlucky it doesn't work like their save system x) 

Edit; I'd like to note, that my Pc is a toaster. So for some reason it did delete the client and some other things from the Spork folder at some point (a week ago or so). So i had to re-download Spork to get that back. But after I made this, during battles the screen that Shows Hp and Exp turned blue, instead of the usual white. Was weird, but game just worked fine so I didn't think too much about it. Only thing was that the Exp-bar wasn't clean to see anymore.

But it might have also something to do with this? And I downloaded Spork for the first time like a Month and a half ago. This I'm certain off

Edited by Mana

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Mana said:

For the first question. I was in the second Training Center, walked into the Atk Room and saved. Then I loaded the Game a bit later, but it told me the script takes too long, so it auto safed and closed the client. After that, this Error occured all the time. Thought I could just delete that last safedata like in Reborn or Rejuvenation. But unlucky it doesn't work like their save system x) 

Edit; I'd like to note, that my Pc is a toaster. So for some reason it did delete the client and some other things from the Spork folder at some point (a week ago or so). So i had to re-download Spork to get that back. But after I made this, during battles the screen that Shows Hp and Exp turned blue, instead of the usual white. Was weird, but game just worked fine so I didn't think too much about it. Only thing was that the Exp-bar wasn't clean to see anymore.

But it might have also something to do with this? And I downloaded Spork for the first time like a Month and a half ago. This I'm certain off

Regarding the HP and EXP bars being blue, I recolored the UI aquamarine in a recent reupload. 

I've gotten the "The script is taking too long to load" at random points in various fangames including Spork, but usually the game works fine after closing and opening again. I thought the issue with your save might've been one that was fixed in the latest re-upload, but this sounds different (especially considering you're using the latest re-upload now). Unfortunately, I don't know why the script sometimes takes too long to load in fangames, and since it still happens when you load your save, it sounds like your file is corrupted. 

The only solution I can think of is starting a new file with all of your data you had before. How that would work is you telling me your team (including any PC Pokemon you want to keep) and movesets, items, how far you were, and any other info you remember. Based off that information I'd input it into a new file and play up to the point you got to before so that you wouldn't have to start over from the beginning. 

I think the reason for this "script takes too long", as I said is my Pc is a toaster and at that time an League patch was running, which slows it always down alot. Didnt think it would turn out so bad though.

Alright, a few hours of EV Training is better than starting all over I think. Movesets aren't as important I assume, I can get most of the moves through the move tutor or buying the TM for it.
So just finished the 8 Gym Leader. I already gotten the HM Strength, Fly and Cut. Also finished all Ranger and Police Sidequests. But if I can do em again it's fine. 

My Starter was an A-Vulpix, by now it was an A-Ninetales though (It was really Fast with Low Def, so I assume it had a Hasty Nature). Rest of the Team are the fire Ninetails (It had a Quiet Nature I think), Lucario (Brave Nature), Guardevoir (Don't remember), Honchkrow (Don't remember), Flygon (Don't remember). Since I have to EV Train 'em again, it would be nice if they could be at Level 35 or something like that (They were Level 42-to 46 with Flygon as highest Level). I don't Mind having a Vibrava for that Matter. I will just grind it up again :3 They all had Items on. Like Honchkrow the Glasses that Amplify Dark Atks. Never Melting Ice on A-Ninetails. The Coin to double your Money (I'm really bad at remembering names sometimes) was on Flygon. The Fire Type Strengthen thingy on Ninetails. The Twisted Spoon on Guardevoir. And Lucario didnt had one yet I think, since it's just new to the team. For the "Event" or "Special" Pokemon, can I pick 'em up again? Then I Will just do that.

And for the rest of the Pc Pokemon, I know where to get 'em, so I will catch them again. I really don't know which Marbles I've collected so far. I only remember the tricky one in Wonky Woods^^ Same for alot of other Items. But if I'm able to use Fly anywhere up to the Point where u get Cut, I'm fine by running through everywhere again to get that stuff, if you can put me like 50 Max Repels into the Inventory, so I don't have to bother those wild pokemon while doing this xD

I think that's most likely it. Name was the same as here. And thanks alot in advance <3

I have some things to say about the game also (most of it is positive nature), but I will do that once I finished anything this Game has yet to offer with this current Episode :'p

Edited by Mana

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Mana said:

I think the reason for this "script takes too long", as I said is my Pc is a toaster and at that time an League patch was running, which slows it always down alot. Didnt think it would turn out so bad though.

Alright, a few hours of EV Training is better than starting all over I think. Movesets aren't as important I assume, I can get most of the moves through the move tutor or buying the TM for it.
So just finished the 8 Gym Leader. I already gotten the HM Strength, Fly and Cut. Also finished all Ranger and Police Sidequests. But if I can do em again it's fine. 

My Starter was an A-Vulpix, by now it was an A-Ninetales though (It was really Fast with Low Def, so I assume it had a Hasty Nature). Rest of the Team are the fire Ninetails (It had a Quiet Nature I think), Lucario (Brave Nature), Guardevoir (Don't remember), Honchkrow (Don't remember), Flygon (Don't remember). Since I have to EV Train 'em again, it would be nice if they could be at Level 35 or something like that (They were Level 42-to 46 with Flygon as highest Level). I don't Mind having a Vibrava for that Matter. I will just grind it up again :3 They all had Items on. Like Honchkrow the Glasses that Amplify Dark Atks. Never Melting Ice on A-Ninetails. The Coin to double your Money (I'm really bad at remembering names sometimes) was on Flygon. The Fire Type Strengthen thingy on Ninetails. The Twisted Spoon on Guardevoir. And Lucario didnt had one yet I think, since it's just new to the team. For the "Event" or "Special" Pokemon, can I pick 'em up again? Then I Will just do that.

And for the rest of the Pc Pokemon, I know where to get 'em, so I will catch them again. I really don't know which Marbles I've collected so far. I only remember the tricky one in Wonky Woods^^ Same for alot of other Items. But if I'm able to use Fly anywhere up to the Point where u get Cut, I'm fine by running through everywhere again to get that stuff, if you can put me like 50 Max Repels into the Inventory, so I don't have to bother those wild pokemon while doing this xD

I think that's most likely it. Name was the same as here. And thanks alot in advance <3

I have some things to say about the game also (most of it is positive nature), but I will do that once I finished anything this Game has yet to offer with this current Episode :'p

Okay. Once I'm finished, I'll let you know and send you the new file. For marbles, I'll give you every marble that was available up to the point you were at. 

@DarkDaemonSpade I'm sorry for only just now seeing your edit. Regular Corsola are the ones that are supposed to appear in the Sand Castle, but because of this oversight, I'm not sure if regular Corsola will appear at all. I plan to re-upload soon to fix this (probably tomorrow). 

Edit @Mana: When Jim asks where you're from, what did you pick? Also if you want I can set your Pokemons' EVs and IVs to what you want them to be and save you the time it would take to EV train them.

• Thanks 2

Oh, didn't saw the Edit up until now, my apologies. So, I've chosen the very last answer for the "Where are you from". The one that stands alone on the last page. I don't remember the name though (Sorry). Edit; I think it was named "Maria City" ? If I recall it right now.

For the EV's;
Lucario wasn't trained yet. I wanted to do that next. But, yea x)

A-Ninetails Special Atk was up round 130. Speed like 50. Same for Defense, was round 50. Special Defense something at the 60 Mark. Rest was random due to trainer fights. But usually below the Defense stats
Ninetails Special Atk was at 110 or so. Speed 40. For Defense and Special Defense, I think both hit the 50 mark. Rest also random.

Honchkrow's Attack was at 120. Defense and Special Defense 60. Rest random and below the Def stats

Guardevoir's Special Atk 110. Speed 40. And Defense also 40 or 50 I think. Didn't really Grind Special Defense here. So it was a random number.

Flygon's Attack 120. Special Def and Defense 50. Speed 40. Rest was random and below Def stats

And for the IV's, except for Vulpix and Riolu, which I caught a few more off choosing the "best" from them, I didn't really pay much attention to those. So I am perfectly fine if they are randomly generated

Edited by Mana

• Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the following fixes:

-Corrected the internal names of U-Corsola and U-Musharna, so regular Corsola and Musharna should appear now instead of the U versions

-Fixed a typo in Pheromosa's event where battle was spelled as "batte"

@DarkDaemonSpade Thank you for mentioning that it happened with Musharna too. I assumed it was only happening with Corsola. 

@Mana Here is your save file. I've given you your team according to the info provided, and you also have every marble available up to the point you were at. I'm not sure if you've done the extra events in Virima City or not, so I didn't do them in case you haven't. All ranger and police sidequests are done, though. You'll probably want to use TMs and the move tutor for movesets as you mentioned. Please let me know if I forgot something or got anything wrong.

Game.rxdata

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

@Mana Here is your save file. I've given you your team according to the info provided, and you also have every marble available up to the point you were at. I'm not sure if you've done the extra events in Virima City or not, so I didn't do them in case you haven't. All ranger and police sidequests are done, though. You'll probably want to use TMs and the move tutor for movesets as you mentioned. Please let me know if I forgot something or got anything wrong.

Game.rxdata

OM.GG!! This rox. You rock! Even got money to buy some stuff \(>o<)/ But now seriously, thanks alot! *happy again* This safes me a couple of hours grinding it back <3 Not to mention that it did frustrate the hell out of me =.= 
Ps; If you mean that point after the Bridge. I only got the Tepig and beat that Lady, who's name I don't remember (The one having all kinds of teams according to her words). But that's it. Wanted to explore the Ship later. So I appreciate that <3

Pretty eager to progress with the Story now, once Lucario got on track :3

Edit; O yea, just saw the sprite for A-Ninetails in the Team Menu is now not that small anymore. Was actually something I wanted to mention once I finished anything. Sort of was an disturbance for the eye. Nice it's fixed now :3

Edited by Mana
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Content up to the 14th gym has been done, including a sidequest that becomes available after the 14th badge. 

This would normally be the part where I send Palletite the episode for the sprite revamps, but as far as I can tell Palletite's last activity was May 14, which was three months ago. At the time she was working on finishing the ep 4 sprites. I've sent her a message since then but she hasn't read it. 

For ep 4 I did an unofficial release, and considered doing one for ep 5 too, but decided against it after consulting with a few people. The reasons I did an unofficial release of ep 4 were:

-While the sprites weren't finished, progress was still made on them

-It was more convenient than having to edit the obtainability/location notepad files every time I reuploaded, since I'd already updated them to episode 4

I don't really want to make a habit out of doing unofficial releases, and I don't want my recolored base sprites to be how people see the characters, even if it's only temporary. During the first four uploads of episode 1, I was okay with the sprites just being recolors, but only because it was all I was capable of doing and I was too shy to ask for help. But now that someone who's amazing at sprites offered their help, I'd rather wait for them to come back than release the episode right now. I can't consider the episode complete if the sprites aren't complete. 

I don't know when Palletite will come back. It could be a second after I send this post (or as I'm making this post). It could be in an hour, or tomorrow, or next week, a few months, etc. She mentioned IRL issues were making things hectic. I'm going to be working ahead on episode 6, and will sometimes post pictures and let everyone know how progress is going. 

If anyone's interested, I'd be willing to post a summary of episode 5. This would include obtainable Pokemon in ep 5 areas, new TMs, story events, sidequests, and new marbles. Probably each under separate spoiler sections in case someone is interested in the Pokemon or TMs but doesn't want to be spoiled about the story, for example.

Thank you to everyone who plays this game, and I hope you understand my decision. 

np ICWS but something i must ask since you mentioned it, if you finish making E 6  and your spritter returns will u just give us both e5 and e6?

i would be interested in a obtainables list for e5 as ive been using the sa,e time for the entire playthrough sofar

Edited by sandy

• Global Mods

That depends on what they want to do. I don't want to overwhelm them with sprites from both episodes immediately when they return, but if they're willing to do it, it's possible I'll go right from 4 to 6. 

New in ep 5:

image.png.d0ddb18e13411d74a5e0ac50d2c8fd3d.png

Also technically Niroran M and Nidoran F. Nidorino and Nidorina are obtainable as wild encounters, but the Nidorans haven't been until now unless you chose them as a starter because for some reason Nidorino, Nidorina, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen can't breed; only the Nidorans can. (that's not a bug in Spork, that's legitimately how their evolution line works in terms of breeding)

17 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That depends on what they want to do. I don't want to overwhelm them with sprites from both episodes immediately when they return, but if they're willing to do it, it's possible I'll go right from 4 to 6. 

New in ep 5:

Hide contents

image.png.d0ddb18e13411d74a5e0ac50d2c8fd3d.png

Also technically Niroran M and Nidoran F. Nidorino and Nidorina are obtainable as wild encounters, but the Nidorans haven't been until now unless you chose them as a starter because for some reason Nidorino, Nidorina, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen can't breed; only the Nidorans can. (that's not a bug in Spork, that's legitimately how their evolution line works in terms of breeding)

omg your so generous ur giving me me both charizard and salamance, are they going to be wild encounters or events?