What Pokemon are near you? (Pokemon Go)

Bazaro

Haven't been able to play around with it today (too busy working on my car), but from my short time messing with it I have found a Squirtle, Pidgey, and a Spearow. So I have TWO Squirtles now!

...no seriously, trading when Nintendo?

I don't have the game yet, personally; but according to accounts from my friends, there are a lot of Water Types in my town.

Horsea, Poliwag, Squirtle, Goldeen, etc. I wish we had more than Gen 1 Pokémon.

Wtf is a water type, everything I find is Ground, Rock, Fire, and Poison.

Wtf is a water type, everything I find is Ground, Rock, Fire, and Poison.

Our climate is cursed with a dearth of water types.

I was even traipsing around the neighborhood pond (complete with pokestop for me to hit up) and found no water pokemon whatsoever. Not so much as a damned poliwag, despite all the bullfrogs bellowing at me.

Our climate is cursed with a dearth of water types.

I was even traipsing around the neighborhood pond (complete with pokestop for me to hit up) and found no water pokemon whatsoever. Not so much as a damned poliwag, despite all the bullfrogs bellowing at me.

Yeah, so if you want water types, chances are that you'll find them anywhere that you'll find regular Pokemon. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but even some of the Pokemon that seem like they'd be required to be in water are just randomly out on land. I don't think I've actually found any Pokemon whatsoever in any body of water so far.

Oh, and I found a freakin' Venonat and Nidorino in my local Wal-Mart. Caught 'em, thank goodness.

Edited by DiLimiter

idk when they're gonna set up trades or how. preferably starting by using your contacts and an in-game friend adding function.

but when you think about it. trading will be kinda useless. You can't raise any traded pokemon's cp or evolve 'em without their specific candy. And you won't have the candy unless you could have caught a bunch of them in the first place, which would defeat the point of the trade in the first place.

Do any of the beta testers have any knowledge on this that we don't? Cuz I don't see this working out.

In south Bend, I see a ton of the normal common ones but I think certain areas just have higher concentrations of some pokemon and others are jusr really rare but can still be found. Like there's jynx's eevees and hypnos galore around me but when I leave the city i find none of them. have yet to see many ground types at all and no wild fire types whatsoever. did find a nifty little porygon tho.

yeah... water type pokemon are really rare here. I got lucky and found a staryu in the backyard.

the only other water pokemon I have was hatched from an egg. and eggs are supposed to give you the chance of finding pokemon rare for your area.

oh, and saw a kabuto shadow but I couldn't go looking for it at the time.

i live in a rural area but even so it took me awhile to make a solid list of all of the pokemon that are near where i live, i only counted pokemon within a 30 minute walking distance from my home. Even with me spending time being thorough i doubt i found all of the pokemon around my home

pidgey

ratatatatatatata

belsprout

oddish

eevee

scyther

venonat

Nidoran male

nidoran female

ekans

staryu

eggsecute

bulbasaur

beedrill

doduo

caterpie

weedle

Yeah, it looks like some of what you can find and catch is dependent on your trainer level. You will run into higher cp and evolved forms more often at higher trainer level.

On a side note, what you get when you evolve an eevee might be random. First time I evolved one, I got a flareon. thougtht it might have something to do with the area being a desert. might have something to do with me being red team. second time I evolved one I got a vaporeon. hopefully it goes on rotation and I get a jolteon next.

Note to self: wait to use the lucky egg later when I've got several pokemon to evolve at once. cuz each one gets you 1k exp, and the egg should double that...

pidgeotto is ready

rattata no 2 is ready

ekans is ready

sandshrew 2 needs 2 more candies

growlithe needs 20, so don't wait for this one.

abra needs 6

geodude 2 is ready

cubone needs 25

so.. catch 1 more sandshrew and 2 abra, then do eet.

Ok well, near me so far (given i havent ventured further than like 100-200m away from my house due to lack of fone internet )

All of my destined rats and birds and their evolved forms

Shellder, Magikarp, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, psyduck, some very cool tents

Drowzee, Zubat, Jigglypuff, Caterpie, Rhydon, Eevee, there was a Jynx once only , Growlithe, Venonat

but srsly mostly my destined rats and birds

Edited by Masquerain

so far, from my house, I've noticed:

Common: Spearow, Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat, Doduo

Uncommon: Nidoran (M and F), Poliwag, Caterpie, Weedle, Pinsir, Horsea, Ekans, Koffing, Exeggcute

Rare: Jigglypuff, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Scyther (haven't found any of these at home besides one Jigglypuff, but I've seen that they were nearby before)

Idk how it is for you guys, but pokemon that are rarer or super rare in the surrounding areas (like water pokemon in the desert) are actually relatively common at the mall. I got psyduck, onyx, kabuto, magikarp, omanyte, poliwag, and krabby today, all at the mall.

We have Doduo, Staryu, Goldeen, Exeggcute, Rattata, Pidgey, Bellsprout, Weedle, Spearow,nidoran, venonat,Caterpie sometimes Zubats, Poliwags, Eevee and I found a tangela and Pinsir once too.

Edited by Zane0144

Rattata, Pidgey, Eevee, Duduo, Exeggcute.

Weedle, Caterpie

Nidoran

Venonat

Poliwag, Bellsprout, Tangela

Bulbasaur, Squirtle

Pinsir/Scyther

Jigglypuff

....those are the commons.

Spearow

sandshrew, sandslash

ekans, arbok

charmander

bulbasaur

growlithe

pidgey, pidgeotto, pidgeot

ponyta, rapidash

rattata, raticate

venonat, venomoth

geodude, graveller, golem

mankey

eevee

diglett

zubat, golbat

Pinsir

doduo

nidoran m, nidorino

nidoran f

cubone

onyx

omanyte

kabuto

weedle

caterpi

clefairy

chansey

meowth

vulpix

oddish

paras, parasect

ryhorn, rhydon

abra

machop

bellsprout

eggsecute

hitmonlee

staryu

tauros

magmar

flareon

koffing

at the mall only

poliwag, poliwhirl

krabby

magikarp

psyduck

kabuto

omanyte

those are the ones I can see out to be caught, even if some are rare. rest assured, I've got some of the evolutions that aren't listed here.