Time to Build Up Some V8 Hype!

Polaris

Now that Alpha Testing has been completed, Jan has given me permission to leak some interesting details and pictures that may appeal to those of you who are eager to play the upcoming version! Being that I've played through V8 already, I know that the new content (and the old redesigns for that matter) will not fail to impress. Well, let's get started!

For those of you who have been following the Status Thread (hopefully patiently), you already know that the vast majority of Terajuma Island has been redone. The Shore, Terajuma Jungle, Kakori Village, Route 5, Route 6, Aquamarine Cave, Teila ​Resort​, and Kristilline Town are all newer, more polished versions of their old selves! Wait...Aquamarine Cave, what's that? Just a beautiful replacement to the awkward cave that connected Route 6 and Teila Resort! In all honesty, all the redesigns are stunning. That's the thing about V8, although its content is indeed short, this is by far the most pretty update released thus far in Pokémon Rejuvenation. Now, for those of you who have considered starting your save over when you heard about the new Terajuma Island, I am not here to discourage it. If you truly want to embark upon a mostly similar, but improved in certain parts, Terajuma Island story, I say go for it! And although not major, starting over means you get to take on Valarie in her new and improved arena...along with experiencing many new revisions and additions. Anyways, I think that's all for the details concerning the old content. Buuuuuut, since I'm nice, ​unlike Jan here are three new pictures that can be found in the Graphics folder!

post-54792-0-71391100-1467684710_thumb.png w-why is Angie black?

post-54792-0-21448900-1467684750_thumb.png Him? He's a very minor character that has set up shop in Gearen City!

post-54792-0-60861200-1467684923_thumb.png Crawli's looking pretty spiffy, huh?

I wish I could share more, but I'm afraid that's all I've been afforded.

Now, on to the V8 content! Like I stated above, this is a short, yet breathtaking release. But although this is a shorter version, that's not a testament to how much story the new content contains! And we even witness the return of a familiar face! Well, familiar to some, very new to others...

So, remember when you had to decide whether to give Cera the Magma Stone or keep it for yourself? Did you find making that decision hard? Well honey, you've got a big storm coming. That's right! Jan (and his sadistic self) has introduced yet another story-influencing decision. Now, I can't attest to how largely the whole Magma Stone choice will affect the story, because not even I know. But with this one, you'll feel the effects of your choice right away, trust me. So, all I can really say is pick wisely, pick what you believe is the right option, and good luck! Also, since most of you will complete the new content in a short amount of time, explore the new terrain! I think Jan did an especially good job with this aspect of V8, and hopefully you'll agree with me after the new version is released!

Well, I hope that the limited information I was able to release builds up some excitement! I don't know when Jan will release V8, but what I can assuredly say is that it's coming soon. But, with this choice, I don't know whether that's a good thing, or a bad thing. Again, pick wisely and get hyped!!

Edited by Polaris

FUCK the new sprite s look good.....but why tho. Angie and the shop guy makes senSE BUT CRAWLI??? are you ok my dude

JUST RELEASE V8 AND LET ME RESTART ALREADYYYYY WAHHH

I don't want to restart because i spent so long breeding perfect IV pokemon and EV training, BUT I WANT TO EXPLORE THE NEW CONTENT

I KNOW

I'll wait till rejuvenation finishes, then replay it for a final time and get the perfect ending

• Global Mods

The Magma Stone choice was actually pretty easy for me to make. I did what the Eldest wanted, which is also what the best way out of that kind of situation is. You have a hostage? I don't care and the hostage doesn't care, you're not negotiating with me. That being said, V8's split sounds really heavy. I'm guessing it could lead to a conflict within our group, or maybe endanger innocent people.

When V6 came out I was kind of reluctant to start a new file because I don't usually like doing everything all over again. But when I did, playing through felt like a whole new experience. After that, I thought I wouldn't really have a reason to start over again, but V7 gave one when I missed the Weird Diary. And now with V8, I'll be playing from the beginning again for the new Terajuma. Aquamarine Cave sounds pretty, and better than what Jirakula Cavern was. Couldn't stand going through that place and it's why the Venam/Amber CD conflict is my least favorite part of the game. It felt like not having eaten for days and having food, but the food is a soggy peanut butter and jelly sandwich that's been in a bucket of dirty water and is being offered by a homeless man with a creepy expression who's pretty dirty (and possibly deranged) himself. It seems like Rejuvenation always has good reasons to play through it again.

I've been lucky enough to play through the beta and can confirm that this is a wonderful episode!

You're all going to have a LOT of fun playing it! Jan really outdid himself when working on V8!

• Veterans

I've been lucky enough to play through the beta and can confirm that this is a wonderful episode!

You're all going to have a LOT of fun playing it! Jan really outdid himself when working on V8!

Basically what Mde said, the story content is somewhat short compared to previous episodes but that is more than made up for by how amazing all the areas are and how beautiful new Terajuma is. It's absolutely stunning.

• Global Mods

I made this when I was eating chocolate chip pancakes this morning

When V8 comes out I'll start a new file

This time I'm picking Totodile

I'm trying out a new style

Flow so ill I spit bile

Hydro Pump, flooding the Nile

Stopping Team Xen 'cause their plans are vile

For hidden items I'm checking every tile

When it comes to cash I got a huge pile

I know V8 will make me smile

I made this when I was eating chocolate chip pancakes this morning

When V8 comes out I'll start a new file

This time I'm picking Totodile

I'm trying out a new style

Flow so ill I spit bile

Hydro Pump, flooding the Nile

Stopping Team Xen 'cause their plans are vile

For hidden items I'm checking every tile

When it comes to cash I got a huge pile

I know V8 will make me smile

XfJq5V2.gif

I'll wait on the V8 hype for until after I've actually played past V1 content. Couldn't get into it, because college, and ne'er came back because... well... college.

So for me, it's "Actually See V2 Content" hype.