Titania Inspiration

Dreamy

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do You See the Connection?

• Yea I see it
    • Na I don't see it
    • What's Fairy Tail?

• Global Mods

There isn't much to say here, but does anyone else think Titania is heavily inspired by Erza from fairy tail? I mean we have the red hair, swords, armored heart/emotions, fierce protection of friends. what do you guys think?

Kinda difficult for a guy with an FT character as their avi and part time editor of the wiki not to notice it.

However, I suspect that Titannia's name is derived more from the metal Titanium than it is of the Shakespearean Queen of the Fairies.

For a list of other characters who're very much alike Titania and Erza check the Fiery Redhead and Lady of War tropes over at TVtropes. Every character is pretty much an emalgemation of various tropes, and thus aren't inherently based on one another even if they share tropes.

And the red headed swordsman with a fiery temper is hardly a rare character type.

Edited by Tartar

Red-haired female swordsmen are not uncommon. and is probably a stereotype now?

Two of my favorites are Shana from Shakugan no Shana and Elesis of Grand Chase/Elsword.

This was back on 2009.

Edited by Alchemia Chan

Erza is based on a combination of both Titania from Shakesphere's Midsummer's Dream and the Psuedo Judism Arch Angel, Erza.

Titania is the banished Queen of Fairies. And Erza is one of God's most power knights in his army. If Reborn Titania is based on anything, it would be Titania from the GameCube Fire Emblem. Who also is a Red Haired knight who is both female, powerful, and wears white armor.

It's also worth noting that Ame is a huge fan of Fire Emblem, but not Fairy Tail. She is also a big fan of Theater and Classic Literature. So Titania is most likely just based on Shakesphere's Titania. Not any of the anime/JRPG ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Fiore (or however it's spelt) the region that Fairy Tail takes place? When I first entered the mansion, I assumed I was looking at a reference, but I can't really say for sure, since it's been a long time since I watched that anime.

• Administrators

growling noises in the distance

Yes, that's Fiore too, or so I've been told. That was picked as Amaria's last name more or less by chance. I have never seen Fairy Tail. I did not know Ezra who was, I did not know what Fiore was, and I have more salt than the bottom of a bag of chips that this is a thing.

Titania also wasn't deliberately based off of Fire Emblem's Titania, but I had played (a little of) FE9 before then so it's possible her color scheme was influenced by FE's Titania without me realizing it. That wasn't a conscious connection either, but it happens sometimes.

growling noises in the distance

Yes, that's Fiore too, or so I've been told. That was picked as Amaria's last name more or less by chance. I have never seen Fairy Tail. I did not know Ezra who was, I did not know what Fiore was, and I have more salt than the bottom of a bag of chips that this is a thing.

That's fair enough. I have a bad habit of looking waaay to deeply into every little thing, so coincidences tend to drive me a bit crazy. If she happened to be the Fairy type leader, and had a team named after some of the least likable protagonists in anime, then it would be a reference. No matter what, I think we all can agree that Titania needs to stop killing people.

(I should make it abundantly clear, I really, really don't like Fairy Tail. It started strong, but eventually degraded into a dark pit of fan service. This makes me glad that Titania isn't based on Erza, since she might be one of the worst offenders in that show.)

kinda reminds of how Bro (later Dirk) was thought of in the Homestuck community as a Kamina reference, but in fact Hussie had no idea what TTGL was.

also, combat medic, what killed FT for me was probably how illogical the fight scenes got after a bit. like, here's this massively threatening rival! oh no, what's team hero gonna do? oh natsu yelled that he isn't gonna lose its ok now.

• 2 months later...

I always thought Titania was based off the S.S. Titenic

Just kidding, I don't know anything about FE or Fairy Tail. But what I can say is that I love Titania's character as a whole, regardless of who she's based on.