Favorite video game ending

mar_mar

Hi you all! I've decided to make this thread because..I was watching ff sad moments I am curious to see which ending(s) you like most..also, it's an opportunity to talk about video games. ^_^ So, which video game ending is your favorite and why?

Mine is...

Mmmmh... well, the Mystery Dungeon games always ended in a tear-jerking way but I always really liked how the Legend of Zelda games ended. It never really feels like it's the end, it's like we're going on a whole new adventure. Or something. Wind Waker's a pretty good example.

I cried at the end of Layton 3.

Same with Okami

My favorite though... Undertale's true pacifist ending. Not saying anything, but the boss, the ending, and the music... I loved every moment of it. Made me feel incredibly satisfied and haven't felt like that in a while.

ive learned to accept the ending to twilight princess, i hated the ending but after reading up on how the Zelda series universe works, its a good ending that fits the game nomatterhowbadlyiwantedlinkandmindatohookup

Easy...

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 for the PSP

The thing about this is... since I played the original Final Fantasy 7 (soooooooo many times) - I KNEW how Crisis Core would end, because FF7 has a secret-scene you can trigger where you find out what happens...

but in Crisis Core it is so well done... I actually cried during it - again, despite knowing what would happen...

here is the entire ending with 'Final Battle' - Ending - Credits and post-Credits scene (aprox. 20 minutes)

and it is worth watching the the 'Final Battle' but you can skip the credits (credits start at 14:00min and end at ~17:10min)

Easy...

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 for the PSP

The thing about this is... since I played the original Final Fantasy 7 (soooooooo many times) - I KNEW how Crisis Core would end, because FF7 has a secret-scene you can trigger where you find out what happens...

but in Crisis Core it is so well done... I actually cried during it - again, despite knowing what would happen...

here is the entire ending with 'Final Battle' - Ending - Credits and post-Credits scene (aprox. 20 minutes)

and it is worth watching the the 'Final Battle' but you can skip the credits (credits start at 14:00min and end at ~17:10min)

I have seen the ending, it's one of my favorites as well, it is pretty emotional imo. :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. That game had one of the most mind boglingly good endings ever. So many emotions, plot twists, mind screws and not to mention the music... I've never felt so emotional towards solving a Suduku puzzles in my entire life...

Silent Hill 4 - 21 Sacraments

For some reason, I find this ending satisfying. Sad and creepy, but satisfying. I don't know why. It's maybe because I have love/hate feelings towards Walter as a character and as an antagonist.

But I can't deny how sad it is, though. Poor Walter ~

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It hits really hard in the feels and ties everything together really nicely for KH2 to pick up on.

Ill have to second the Mystery Dungeon games, especially Explorers of Sky. (And Explorers of Sky's Special Episodes. Igglybuff's and the final one especially).

• Support Squad

Persona 3 The Journey's Ending (fuck the answer)

Persona 4

Kingdom Hearts 2

The Mystery Dungeon games

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1

Jakler listed a lot of my faves too to be frank. Especially walking dead, Goddammit but I love Lee so much. I'll add a few more.

KH: Birth by sleep, the final battles all feel so climactic. It makes it worth slogging through all the same worlds again and again.

KH 358/2 days. FUCKING WHY WHO WILL I EAT ICE CREAM WITH NOW?!

Dragon Age Origins. The story for 2 was alright but the final battle was not hard at all. UNLIKE THE FUCKING ARCHDEMON DEAR LORD. Inquisition was the same as 2 for me. Good in story, battle wise meh.

Little known game called Lost Magic for the DS. Depending on your choices you'd get some honestly real fucked up endings. Kinda horrifying to me but hey, it made me feel something damned strong.

Thomas was Alone. Not any more he wasn't.

The Wolf among us. I was a wolf muthafuckas.

As for the Layton endings, I'm honestly not going to lie, I think I prefer the second or first games endings to the third. The third I didn't even realise I had played because I honestly forgot it so hard.

I'm hesitant to say Digital Devil saga. My strife is that I hate what happens just before the final dungeon but the lead up, the set up to the final dungeon was so good.

Mmmmh... well, the Mystery Dungeon games always ended in a tear-jerking way but I always really liked how the Legend of Zelda games ended. It never really feels like it's the end, it's like we're going on a whole new adventure. Or something. Wind Waker's a pretty good example.

Yes. I totally agree with this

Undertale Genocide.

Because I'm wracked with a perverted sentimentality.

Custom Robo Arena

Because you save the day, you get to battle all the people again AND YOU GET TO JOIN AN ILLEGAL GANG AND USE ILLEGAL MILITARY-GRADE TERRORIST WEAPONS IN AN UNDERGROUND FRIGGIN GANG.

Edited by Juuzou

It's hard to say what my favourite video game ending is without succumbing to nostalgia. In recent games, the most satisfying and rewarding ending to a game I've played was the Option C route in Grand Theft Auto V. The game as a whole was so damn entertaining, and to have an ending that great after such a solid experience really completely made the game for me. You know you've played a great game when you sit through the entirety of the credits, reflecting on all the fun you had. Fantastic game with a really great ending.

One that had the most lasting impact on me, however, was Red Dead Redemption. I know that they're both Rockstar games, but they've proven they're masters of their craft. One of the most poignant endings in a video game to date I'd think, all of it coming to an end at Beecher's Hope. Don't need me to tell you that both games come highly recommended.