Favorite video game ending

mar_mar

When you follow a series for a while, you get attached to it.

And after following MGS for a while, getting the conclusion for Solid Snake was a lot to take in.

My favorite ending is the MGS4: Guns of the Patriots ending. Kojima writing skills are amazing.

Dat 1h+ ending though

I've played Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, and while I found the story and ending to be quite good for a Pokemon game but there wasn't anything truly spectacular in the story that blew me away like something from let's say... Kingdom Hearts.

Do you think the series has improved since Blue Rescue Team in such a major fashion?

Edited by Tartar

The ending to the first Danganronpa game was pretty nice and arguable for a spot on my "favorites" list...

Portal 2 had a fantastic ending as well.

The ending to Kingdom Hearts 1 is probably the best ending in the whole series.

Undertale True Pacifist ending is pretty high up there.

Final Fantasy XIII told a pretty spectacular story, but none of the endings in any of the games felt like they wrapped up the story all that well...

Shadow of the Colossus had me almost break down in tears.

My favorite ending isn't any of these though. I personally enjoyed Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair's ending the most. Most of it is in regard to me liking the cast of the 2nd game a whole lot better than I did the first one as well as all of the emotions that led up to that ending. For me, it was just brilliant.

Edited by DiLimiter

I've played Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, and while I found the story and ending to be quite good for a Pokemon game but there wasn't anything truly spectacular in the story that blew me away like something from let's say... Kingdom Hearts.

Do you think the series has improved since Blue Rescue Team in such a major fashion?

Darkness/time/sky were great imo then the 3ds series were plain awful.

I mean the ending is closely the same but the character development was a stepup from blue especially in Sky. It's not too amazing but for Pokemon i was pleasantly surprised. It had great personality. Then they ruined it!

Edited by RudeStyle

When you follow a series for a while, you get attached to it.

And after following MGS for a while, getting the conclusion for Solid Snake was a lot to take in.

My favorite ending is the MGS4: Guns of the Patriots ending. Kojima writing skills are amazing.

Dat 1h+ ending though

MGS4's entire climatic finale was such a stellar way to close the series off. I'm glad Kojima was still at Konami to let that vision come to life. Such a fantastic culmination that really made that game remarkable.

I have played Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Darkness..well..I liked the story, i liked the ending but not that much to say "wow what an ending". That's personal my opinion though.

The ending of Persona 3. People can say what they want but the ending was perfect. The build up, the small hints all leading to that moment. I loved it and I cried my eyes out. Persona 4's ending was good but felt like a typical RPG bittersweet ending.

Other than that the ending of the Phoenix Wright trilogy was amazing. I haven't felt as satisfied as much as that moment. The feels were real.

Nobody has mentioned the Ace Attorney Apollo Justice ending. That game is great and its ending just ties every case in the game up so nicely. It by far my favorite game in the series.

Although it's not that bad of a game I feel that Apollo Justice's ending felt less satisfying since everyone did everything for you. It didn't feel like you earned your happy ending. But other than that it's quite nice even if turnabout serenade was annoying.

Although it's not that bad of a game I feel that Apollo Justice's ending felt less satisfying since everyone did everything for you. It didn't feel like you earned your happy ending. But other than that it's quite nice even if turnabout serenade was annoying.

What do you mean? We had to see Phoenix fall and we had to gather the necessary evidence to clear him. And then we as Apollo had to clear his name. It was a clear team effort by Apollo, Phoenix and Trucy. If anything this was where we had to work the hardest here since that final case the case so amazingly long (the longest in the series I believe).

I'm sorry... I just felt that it tied everything so nicely together, and that all the characters involved in that final case were all so memorable.

What do you mean? We had to see Phoenix fall and we had to gather the necessary evidence to clear him. And then we as Apollo had to clear his name. It was a clear team effort by Apollo, Phoenix and Trucy. If anything this was where we had to work the hardest here since that final case the case so amazingly long (the longest in the series I believe).

I'm sorry... I just felt that it tied everything so nicely together, and that all the characters involved in that final case were all so memorable.

It's alright. I guess I wasn't clear. I meant from Apollo's part. While Phoenix did set up the whole thing so that the case would be won but the trial itself felt extremely automated. You only do one cross examination which was quite obvious and the pursuit music does not even play. And when the villain does present an argument Apollo i.e we do not get to rebut it instead letting others handle it which felt anti climatic for me.

It's alright if you liked it. I'm not bashing your opinion since even I think the whole past and present thing was kind of cool but the trial felt anti climatic. Again it's your opinion and I respect it.

My favourite ending is still to this date is, kingdom hearts 358/2 days. That ending starts so early and the feels make you understand deeply about the pain and sadness the characters face at the end. Not all their endings in the franchise are sad, but for this game, all the main characters had a sad endings, which made me sad when I first played it.

• 3 weeks later...

"Final Fantasy X"'s ending will always hold a special place in my heart, as will "Mass Effect 2". In more recent memory though, if I had to pick endings that forced me to make friends play the game themselves to I could have conversations about them; I'd have to say "Wolf Among Us" and "Bioshock Infinite". Both had incredible stories and endings.