• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone like to give their thoughts on the new ban list? I personally am pretty satisfied with it, gold sarcophagus is unlimited now which means I can use my banishment deck almost to its fullest if it weren't for macro cosmos being limited and necroface being semi-limited though I can see why. Allure of darkness is unlimited so that's kinda alright. Monarchs are pretty much dead and kozmos have been crippled a bit. Pendulum magician's are also essentially dead. Burning abyss had beatrice limited. RIP kirin. And what even is kaiser colosseum? And for whatever reason MAXX "C" was semi-limited even though most people only use 1 anyway

Edited by BlueMoonIceCream

Konami, can we please have Construct, Zenmaity and Stratos back? They're not even that strong anymore, and don't deserve to be banned.

Oh and thank god for the utter anihilation of Monarchs, that deck was simply the worst to play against.

Konami, can we please have Construct, Zenmaity and Stratos back? They're not even that strong anymore, and don't deserve to be banned.

Oh and thank god for the utter anihilation of Monarchs, that deck was simply the worst to play against.

They still didn't hit Domain or Erebus.... The deck will still be strong smh...

Well they still want the deck to be playable, the ban list isn't there to kill decks just to make them more "balanced" whatever konami's definition of balanced is

I mean they kinda made Shaddolls unplayable with outright banning Construct.

Or at least not fun to play. I mean sure there's a boatload of other El Shaddolls I could use but they're not as fun and good as Construct besides Winda.

I mean they kinda made Shaddolls unplayable with outright banning Construct.

Or at least not fun to play. I mean sure there's a boatload of other El Shaddolls I could use but they're not as fun and good as Construct besides Winda.

I played shaddolls post-ban in legacy of the duelist and had no idea construct was banned, I'm actually surprised it's banned, I could understand limited but banned?

Construct opened shaddolls to many tech choices, like trick clown, wulf, and other light monsters that gained effects when sent to the grave. It also set up the grave with its effect, and was very hard to get over with special summoned monsters since it destroyed them when attacked/attacking. We have a few ways to bypass this effect now, such as Rank 5 Utopia, but back then construct was auto-win vs rogue decks that didn't run outs to it.

Construct opened shaddolls to many tech choices, like trick clown, wulf, and other light monsters that gained effects when sent to the grave. It also set up the grave with its effect, and was very hard to get over with special summoned monsters since it destroyed them when attacked/attacking. We have a few ways to bypass this effect now, such as Rank 5 Utopia, but back then construct was auto-win vs rogue decks that didn't run outs to it.

Honestly at the time every deck ran Castel or 101, and both were outs to the card. And regular destruction effects also easily deal with the card.

I never saw it as a problem card with any deck I ran.

Honestly at the time every deck ran Castel or 101, and both were outs to the card. And regular destruction effects also easily deal with the card.

I never saw it as a problem card with any deck I ran.

They are, but you are forgetting something. Shaddolls have a quick play fusion spell, easily dodged those target effects then set up another construct, and most decks ran 1 of each of castel and most dropped 101 when NECH came out.

The statements made about Construct are pretty accurate. I used an IRL Lightsworn/Shaddoll deck against my friends and I wouldn't tell them I was using it, then when they saw a lightsworn or shaddoll monster they'd end up quitting because they knew I'd be using Construct and they didn't have a way to get rid of her. I only had one of her mind you, and the deck was still a huge threat because of Construct. Not to mention, she was a free Foolish Burial for Shaddolls, and it was easy pickings if you had say BLS Envoy of the Beginning in your hand. I can understand why she's banned but I'd still like her back at least to one.

Well I want to be able to use shaddolls at some point and I really like the designs of the archetype so

Prediction Dolls are pretty fun even though you can't use Construct.

#F R E E C O N S T R U C T

Yes please and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I went to my locals for the first time in 3 years (magic took over my tourney goings, but i didn't have a deck that week) with basically an old Zielgigas turbo list that had some new stuff i pulled from packs and one game i just went off and had over 50k on board with Number 35: Ravenous Tarantula, he wasn't ready.