• Jolteon
    • Vaporeon
    • Flareon
    • Umbreon
    • Espeon
    • Leafeon
    • Glaceon
    • Sylveon
  3. 3. Gen 7 (partially 'cause it wouldn't fit above)

• Rowlet
    • Poplio
    • Litten

thought I'd add a counterpoint to the Meganium hatefest. Who's your best and first friend?

My choices:

Blaziken, for looking cool and kicking hard.

Empoleon, for being the only steel

Chesnaught, for being a bulky bro

among the eevees:

Umbreon, for being spooky and improbably bulky

Jolteon, for being one of like 3 decent non-legendary electrics

and out of the new three, that kit is lit!

Delphox, my first starter ever, in reborn, my first pokemon game ever. I didn't even know about gen 6 when I picked it, but just looked cute at the time. It proceeded to destroy most gyms with a combination of calm mind, psychic, shadow ball and flamethrower. Delphox is also very cool and beautiful looking imo, never understood why is it that people have something for braixen that they lose for delphox. The whole line looks super cool and is powerful in game.

Second place goes to Serperior, with that super useful contrary and that elegant design.

Third place for me is a tie between chesnaught, cool looking and bulky, and typhlosion, fast and with dat eruption.

Honorable mentions to: bulbasaur, always my pick in all games that go with gen 1 starters, and feraligator, because I love sheer force.

I love all eeveelutions, but if I'm forced to pick, Vaporeon. Always found it very elegant, and I like my mons fat. Vaporeon sets up an acid armor and is the fattest thing ever. Honorable mentions to: sylveon, espeon, umbreon, flareon, jolteon, glaceon and leafeon, in that order.

As for gen 7's, I like the 3 of them but litten is the superior one to me. Popplio will depend on what its final form looks like, and rowlett is cute but the whole internet seems to be obsessed with it, kinda ruins it for me.

I don't think anyone would pick it since most people hate it but, shouldn't pokemon yellow's pikachu count as a starter too?

Meganium really needs more love. Its design is awesome and it has great bulk and a great movepool Sure it's weak at this moment in the original Gold and silver Games, but isn't that why we even play Pokemon Reborn, because we want a good challange?

And besides, imagine how awesome it'll be once it gets a Mega evolution, imagine it, or don't, because here's some lovely fanart!

pokemon-mega-evolution-torterra-johto-me

#Meganium4Life

Edited by Tartar

My favorite starter is Typhlosion. He was my first starter Pokemon in my first Pokemon game, after all. Then there's a tie between Empoleon and Samurott for second place.

Out of the Eeveelutions, my personal favorites are Espeon, Umbreon and Vaporeon.

Last but not least, the Gen 7 starters. In order of favorite to least favorite, they are: Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten.

I pick whole sets of gen 3 and gen 4 starters because they are great designs as a whole, especially gen 4, final evos counter each other with secondary typings, no one has the absolute advantages against each others. I don't care what people said about gen 4, gen 4 is dope!

especially gen 4, final evos counter each other with secondary typings, no one has the absolute advantages against each others.

Actually, in terms of type advantage only, they're not that well countered. Empoleon's steel is weak against torterra's earthquake but also against infernape's close combat (physical infernape can OHKO max defense empoleon), while it can only hit infernape for SE damage with a water move. Offensively, Empoleon's steel is neutral on torterra and resisted by infernape.

Empoleon depends on ice beam to OHKO torterra, while it can scald or hydro pump infernape... only if it survives the close combat.

Lastly, Infernape is faster than the other two and can potentially OHKO any of them with the right move, meaning based on type only, infernape is the most benefited of this trio.

They're great starters with cool typings, but said typings are far from a perfect rock-paper-scissor system. The closest thing to a good secondary type equuilibrium is in gen VI, with fighting-psychic-dark, the only inconsistency being dark's immunity to psychic instead of just resisting it.

I'm super surprised we don't have this thread already, but I couldn't see it in the directory, so there you go :D

My votes for starters went to Feraligtr and Delphox. They aren't the best pokemon in competitive, but I really like both of their designs and have great fun using them.

My favourite eveelution is espeon by far as it is great and also looks really cool.

In terms of gen 7 I like rowlet and poplio equally, but will go with poplio in the game because it deserves more love than it is getting.

Sinnoh is my favorite region, and Empoleon is my favorite starter. But I love so many of them... I do really like Meganium design wise, Charizard is my first, and favorite out of Kanto, AND the reason I got into Pokemon because I saw it on the Fire Red game box.

Espeon and Umbreon are my favorite Eevees. Even though I don't metagame much, I love using a stalling Umbreon.

And I'm team Rowlet!

Edited by Caraboo

Charizard-is there a reason I shouldn't like him?

Sceptile and Serperior-their designs and personality are very endearing.

Espeon and Umbreon- both of them are cute and mystical plus Wes uses both of them.

Popplio-thia thing needs more love.

Infernape is not my first starter, but it's my favourite starter and starter i used most in official and fangames.

Moveset is so great and many roles it can go, fun pokemon with full offense.

Despite not liking eeveelution, Espeon is my favourite as it's base stat and it's close to my real name lol.

For those new starters. Poplio is probably my chosen one. It's pretty easy why. It's because other two gives me flaws or personal dislike.

Rowlet is a bird and it's cool. But fuck that typing through. Flying and grass is bad typing for me. Only that.

Litten reminds me of shadow the hedgehog and it's neat. But i hate the "ow the edge" meme and it's very forced everywhere. And lit is stupid thing too.

Through i could try this fire starter out as i like cats.

Poplio interest me and it's really surprising for me since i don't have any favourite water starter each gen til now.

Let's see how the final evolution goes and my opinion may change.

For some reason your favorite Gen 7 starter is Litten instead of Rowlet, which is obviously the best of the bunch.

Ah, sorry for being a derp.

I don't really like the look on Rowlet. Sorry, but that's my opinion.