Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Nasty Plot

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power Ice

- Dark Pulse

The idea was to get Speed Boost and maybe a sub from Ninjask'd and set up a NP and sweep. It woulda worked perfectly, with DPulse to murk Avalon's Psychics also, but unfortunately Zumi did not think to lay SR first before passing to Thundurus-Therian, so Multiscale Dragonite was able to live a HP Ice and kill it off. A very solid build regardless of the misplays, though, because it nicely checks Avalon's electric types and conplements Mega Aero. Pity it was misplayed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 2 Sets

klefki.png+charizard-mega-x.png or volcarona.png
Against Avalon, I noticed they had very few checks to Charizard, if I have setup once or twice, preferably twice. How would I achieve that? By using Klefki as a means to trap something that can't hurt my Charizard at all, say, Magnezone or Rotom-W. The idea was to be annoying with Klefki, as Avalon's most common ways of dealing with Klefki effectively was to use Rotom-W to take it on or for Magnezone to trap it. By using Fairy Lock at just the right moment, I could have potentially setup with Charizard-X or Volcarona, depending on the situation, and sweep. I have two setup sweepers just in case I got paralyzed and needed a backup plan. Healing Wish Jirachi also served well for Charizard in the end.

Klefki @ Charizardite X

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Fairy Lock
- Magnet Rise

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 HP / 164 Atk / 68 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost
Volcarona (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 136 HP / 20 Def / 244 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Fiery Dance

Week 2 Vs the Ravenholts: I used a bit of a strange, mono-rock, Trick Room team designed by me (With a bit of input from Xiri). Rock gets a lot of good sweepers for Trick Room, such as Aggron and Rampardos in the lower tiers, but not necessarily a lot of Trick Room setters.

Are You Real? (Carbink) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Sandstorm
- Magic Coat
- Explosion
My thoughts on this was that I needed a Trick Room setter immune to Taunt. Taunt is probably the biggest shutdown of Trick Room in the game, and I knew that Prankster Liepard or Murkrow were very real possibilities that the Ravenholts had access to. Oblivious is probably the best way to avoid being taunted, but the only thing with that I could use was slowpoke. I didn't want to give up the power life orb offered the sweepers for eviolite just for slowpoke, so I gave up on it. Then I realized that Magic Coat not only reflects Taunt, but also things like hazards, with +4 Priority. This didn't really come into play during my battle with Cronos, but I attempted it anyways when I saw the Murkrow he had at the beginning. Sandstorm was really there because I watched Cobalt and Inno's battle. Cobalt was running a snow cloak hail team, which showed me that weather teams were also a possibility for the Ravenholts. Cronos himself tried to set up Sunny Day on me, so the Sandstorm definitely came in handy. Other benefits were that it did minor damage to the other team and none to mine, and increased the special defense of the entire team because of the Mono-Rock element (Basically a Light Screen, which I actually had in the slot originally). Explosion allows for a bit of damage and a free switch in to a sweeper after setting up Trick Room.

This set can also be used on Lunatone and Solrock. Lunatone was a part of the team as well, as a second Trick Roomer. The only difference was that the EVs were put in Defense instead of Special Defense, and Explosion was swapped with Stealth Rock.

Here's one that I thought would work better than it did in Week 1:

Drifblim @ Weakness Policy

Ability: Unburden

Nature: Modest

252 Sp Atk

252 Speed

4 HP

-Endure

-Shadow Ball

-HP Ice

-Baton Pass

The idea was to tank a super-effective move with Endure, and clean up.

But that didn't happen, because Evolite Sligoos are evil.

Unfortunately you cannot pass the Unburden boost, so maybe a 252HP set would prove more productive?

Lets you forgo of Endure as well. Perhaps something like Substitute would work in its place.

why am I helping you? I'm supposed to beat your mascot pony tomorrow

Since Amazon won (we still have one match), I don't feel so bad about posting this since I had to come up with a mock Gaia team. This thing really grew on me being a freaking wall that can one shot a few mons especially for a nation that really benefits from Sheer Force LO

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

mantine.gif

24 Hours (Mantine) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 200 HP / 76 SpA / 136 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
This was the set I used against Red Chaos (Slight EV help from Skitty). It was supposed to act as a wall... but it ended up killing most of my opponent's mons
I realized the Ravenholts can utilize the Sun to just completely demolish us - so I needed to prepare for that. The spread allows it to tank multiple Solar Beams from non LO Victreebel and Freeze-Dry from non LO Aurorus, and it can set up the Rain again while tanking those hits. Sleep Talk was there, so that Mantine can attempt to set up Rain or attack with Air Slash when Vileplume or Victreebel tries to put it to sleep (It kinda works against Jynx as well but using Scald on Jynx is a bad idea)

I am hesitant to put any of my builds in here, since they tend to be so very... special, as the other Ravenholts can attest. I'll clutter the place up near the end, but for now, I'll leave you with a Week 2 anti-sun mock build (because it tested sun teams, yeah?). Well, one-sixth of a build, rather. Not even an item, since I forgot what it got. Don't worry, they'll be better as I get better at teambuilding. :3

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Wanted to post this set cause I was very proud of how it performed in battle today.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop

Aerodactyl is a really cool pokemon to use, and I happened to know in particular what my opponent liked to use (That being follow me Blastoise) and so me and my crew went to work. We found out that if we Sky Drop a mon that used Follow me, our second pokemon could still taunt the opponents other pokemon if we initially targeted it, Basically making the follow me strat useless in a sense. This, paired up with taunters like Cobalion and Tornadus and then an immediate switch to Cradily, would remove most threats to Aero and a fast team weak to water and TR in an instant. I would post the rest of the team since they all worked so well together, but they all have very basic sets so I'm not going to do that.

didn't get to reveal this set in my battle unfortunately, but still thought it was pretty fireflames.

Magnezone @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Discharge
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

One of the MVP's of the Amazon Nation was the all-powerful Hitmontop.

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: Varied between users

Adamant/Brave Nature

- Wide Guard

- Close Combat

- Fake Out

- Rock Slide

Hitmontop showed up on every one of our teams due to its amazing utility in doubles.

Intimidate was a general nuisance to our opponents, since they lacked Contrary/Defiant.

Fake Out bought a turn for us to stop either a devastating attack or prevent set up.

Close Combat and Rock Slide hurt things.

Wide Guard stops stuff like Rock Slide and Blizzard.

Here are two of my favourite sets this week against Amazon:

080.png

Slowbro (M) @ Rindo Berry

Ability: Oblivious

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD

Quiet Nature

IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe

- Trick Room

- Ice Beam

- Flamethrower

- Psychic

As I needed Trick Room for my Aurorus and Escavalier, I picked Slowbro as it has Oblivious to stop Taunt and resists Fighting which were threatening to our team.

I gave it Rindo Berry so it can survive a Leaf Storm from Life Orb Serperior.

Max SpA to deal as much damage as possible before it's taken out.

589.png

Escavalier (M) @ Custap Berry

Ability: Overcoat

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD

Brave Nature

- Iron Head

- Megahorn

- Endure

- Reversal

I've always liked Escavalier because of its raw power, so I used it with Aurorus since they make a good pair against Amazon.

Overcoat stops Spore moves like Rage Powder and Spore/Sleep Powder.

The purpose of this Pokémon was to hit and kill opponents as fast as possible in Trick Room.

I gave it Endure and Custap Berry so it's not completely useless when Trick Room ends or fails to set up.

Reversal to hit very hard against Pokémon like Cobalion.

Here's my MVP for this week!

post-49747-0-08893300-1465734538_thumb.png

With 1st look you'd say "what the heck are those EVs?"
But they all fullfill a purpose!
Speed EVs let me outspeed Adamant scarfed Lucario & Excadril, +1 Bulky ZardX and +1 non-mega Blaziken under the rain or Tailwind. I would like to put some more speed EVs for things like +1 Volc, Scarf Victini, Scarf Typhlosion etc. but I was losing bulk which was important to survive some hits!
Sp. def and HP EVs let me survive a +1 Volcarona's Giga Drain with the Rindo Berry and Ninetales Solarbeam under the sun, while the Def EVs let me survive +1 MegaZardX Dragon Claw and being 2hko by SD Doublade by Shadow Sneak. Ofc max Sp. att with modest nature for maximum damage!

Seismitoad's partner was Mega Pidgeot cause it almost guaranteed me to set up a Tailwind against most mons, with that beautiful 101 base speed in non-mega form in turn 1. With Tailwind up, I didn't have to rely on Rain Dance to have speed control since a simple switch in from a Ninetales could take away that advantage. Earth Power and Scald could hit almost anything Phantom Vulcan had and Protect was there whenever I needed to set up Tailwind again!

metagross-mega.png
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Week 3 team idea.
I knew Doubles UU were going to be infested with Wide Guard / Protect users, so I tried to make my mons not too dependent on moves such as Earthquake or Surf, whatever. The "innovative" part is Brick Break, since I also knew Reflect and Light Screen were possible moves that could have been used by Gaia's Klefki. By using brick Break, I continue to break down the opponent's team with Victini and Volcarona. Brick Break was actually a last minute change, but it worked in Lexii's favor against Dark Desire.

Yup, that Metagross was beastly. I thought my victory was assured when it was 4-1 and Jelly only had his M-Metagross left. But no, it knocked out 2 Pokémon and was even close to winning him the game was it not for a timely predict, which canceled one of its attacks and let me get the last hit in that I needed to secure victory.

We were pretty lucky this week that it was only towards the end of the week you decided to run triple Steel Types, as compared to the first few matches which were dominated by Sun-Teams and M-Houndoom.

I'm glad we got to face such a strong opponent this week.

Edited by Tartar

I tried something out vs Pbood. Not that it helped me because I played horribly

Rotom-Mow @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Discharge
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

ursaring.gif

Ursaring (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Thrash

My big boy Ursaring here had one job and he did it pretty well. Stop me from being swept by a Sigilyph. Guts means that they can't stop you by burning you and if you can snag a burn with the band then you'll deal with a standard cosmic shifter at +2 with no worries whatsoever. I needed the band though because I judged that the guts boost on its own wasn't going to be enough to stop that damn bird totem pole thing setting up on me. It's a shame that despite getting rid of his number one threat I still lost to Jerry's even more creative Eelektross set. Props to him for that.

Edit:

togetic.gif

Togetic (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tri Attack
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell
I guess there's also this set here. Designed to troll pretty much their entire nation into submission, act as bait to lure in Sigilyph, and spread status around their team, it was stricken by a sudden case of being unable to land a 40% chance. Still worked alright for a while though I guess.

eelektross.gif

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Drain Punch
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder Punch
Once you have any initial wall breakers out of the way, this thing can clean up. Send it in on a favorable matchup, set up a coil or multiple. Drain Punch for Recovery. Thunder Punch for Stab, Aqua Tail for coverage purposes. Max SpDef to keep it alive longer. 168 HP gives it 353 HP which gives it back 22 HP per turn and gives the odd HP number for those strange instances with Stealth Rocks. I could have put 48 more into HP for a tiny bit more bulk, but I preferred the extra attack here at this point. so I put 88 into attack rather than 40 had I chosen to put more into HP. Hardly anyone expects this set so it is likely to catch most off guard. Little known fact is that Eelektross actually had a higher Attack than Special Attack stat.

giphy.gif

Mah Bro (Slowbro) (M) @ Slowbronite

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

Relaxed Nature

- Thunder Wave

- Slack Off

- Focus Punch

- Psychic

decided to run megabro because ridiculous balk

thunder wave to not make slowbro setup fodder to things like volcarona

slack off because hp is important

psychic over water pulse because volcanion is a thing

last slot would have been amnesia, but due to some lastminute revising with xiri, we noticed that my team could get shredded by a swords dance life orb bisharp. I chose focus punch over drain punch as my final move because drain punch wouldnt ohko bisharp. stupid choice of mine looking back at it now, because even adamant bisharp with life orb cant 2HKO megabro after one swords dance (unless crit)

originally the strat was to lure bisharp out with megabro. looking at slowbros movepool, there was nothing it could really hit bisharp with (rip scald and flamethrower). but if I lured out that swords dance, megabro could strike back with focus punch on the same turn, ohkoing bisharp. it didnt turn out that way eventually but...good enough tbh

Paul (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Impish Nature

- Foul Play

- Thunder Wave

- Slack Off

- Drain Punch

A bit of an edit on Bibs' set, this is the version I used. It could take basically any physical hit that Phantom Vulcan could have possibly thrown at us this week and I needed a counter to Mega Metagross.

Thunder Wave cripples almost any threat (including Megagross) that comes into it.

Foul Play 2HKOes Megagross, and does some damage to other things such as Jellicent, which was also very common.

Slack Off was just for HP.

Drain Punch deals with other things such as Bisharp and Excadrill and nets back even more HP.

tumblr_mqtdl8Qwgh1sx73sko3_500.gif

Ultra Tundra (Regice) @ Chople Berry

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam (Learned at Level 43)
- Counter (Gen 3 Tutor)
- Thunder Wave (Gen 3 Tutor)
- Ancient Power (Learned at Level 31) / Seismic Toss (Gen 3 Tutor)

This Regice is used to bait out physical attackers, preferably banded or scarfed.
With a Chople Berry, it's guaranteed to tank any of Amazon's physical 'mons bar Infernape, who will require a bit of luck to OHKO with Flare Blitz.

Max SpA is preferred over Max Defense because Seismic Toss is really weak and useless against what they have. However, running Max Defense instead of Max SpA will allow me to tank Flare Blitz from Infernape. I'd be able to run something else like Leftovers then, but there's also the chance of banded Heracross appearing, who definitely will OHKO Regice at max defense.

Ice Beam is the STAB move of choice and can 2HKO Physically Defensive Mandibuzz. It also has a chance to 2HKO Specially Defensive variants.

Thunder Wave can be used to paralyze a mon on switch in, though the foe usually will just attack head-on.

The last moveslot can be Ancient Power or Seismic Toss, depending on your needs. Ancient Power has the niche of getting boosted, while Seismic Toss can get the extra damage on Lucario and Cobalion, who resist Ice Beam. My personal preference leans to Seismic Toss.
Edited by IntSys

I brought some heat to week 4, thought I would share

462.png

Magnezone @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
This is a pretty interesting set, I decided to go with this because vulcan already had access to most steel types so I didn't really need to rap anything. Mirror coat plus sturdy and t-wave gave me a backup plan for setup sweepers, lured in volc and would have been helpful if rain was used against me.
593.png
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Shock Wave
This set is one I was very happy with while building, the greatest tool atlantis had was waters and I noticed right away the struggles I might have vs things like gyarados and volcanion. This set can surprise things like storm drain gastro, swampert, gryarados and quagsire. It is also a perfect counter for volcanion something that would just get a kill every turn otherwise.
Fun week for teambuilding, ggs Atlantis.

Here is a Victini i used for Week 5 ha ha love the cute little critter enjoy

494.gif

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 SpA
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Hidden Power [ice]

Although I didn't practice for my match at all since I was a sub, I opted to use a more trollish team this week insted of something more serious :P

girafarig.png
Girafarig @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Thunder Wave
- Hyper Voice

This time I decided to "build" around AgilityPass giraff, so I paired it with 2 slow but very strong attackers Ursaring and Beartic. The plan was to bring Girafarig safe against a poison type that will be scared of a psychic STAB move and set up on the switch in. Depending on what was coming in I could T wave it and survive due to sash and then pass the boost to one of my attackers. Didn't work as much as I wanted since specs Sylv had really good chances to OHKO my switches and I chocked the second time I had the chance to Pass!

And ofc I'm glad I had the chance to use Ditto at last!!! :D

Did you really expected to see a Ditto set?

Well, since it worked out quite well I may as well post that core of my team I used this week:

The ghosts of batons passed: (Yeah I know their not ghost types but just roll with it)

545.gif

Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
This thing was at the core of my strategy for this week. It's main job was to set up subs and get at least +2 speed before baton passing to Scizor
or if Scizor would be a bad idea Feraligatr, before coming back out and subbing until the Lansat berry activates and baton pass to Kingdra. Megahorn was there so it could hit things hard if need be.
212.gif
Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 224 HP / 244 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Scizor's main job was to get the +2 speed from Scolipede and punch as big a hole as possible in the enemy team before it dies, and sometimes it even completely swept in test battles. With 40 speed EVs, Scizor outspeeds the lati twins at +2 speed, and any non scarfed Pokemon with base 110 speed and lower. Occa berry stops it from dying to a stray fire type attack if it has about 55% hp or higher.

230.gif

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 36 HP / 244 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Focus Energy
Kingdra was my designated late game cleaner. With focus energy activated it gets a 100% crit rate and it could OHKO most of the common threats that Avalon brought to the table. 228 speed EVs lets it outspeed scarfed lati twins at +2 speed, so any more speed would be excessive so I gave the rest of its EVs to HP. If Kingdra is sent out against something that it can live two hits from, Focus energy is there just in case it didn't get the lansat pass. Hydro pump is there for the bulky things that resist Dragon like Jirachi or Metagross/things that are weak to water that I'm not confident surf will OHKO like Tyranitar.
May as well mention this thing as well:
160.gif
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance

Pretty standard stuff, except for Rock Slide over Crunch. Now you may think, why would you run that over Crunch against the psychic nation? Here's why: +1 244+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 393-463 (100.5 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Kyuren-b was a big concern for us, and it couldn't be OHKO'd by any of Feraligatr's standard stuff and most psychic types aren't that bulky so I decided to run Rock Slide just to be safe. 248 speed EVs because it's enough to outspeed noivern after one dragon dance.

Edited by Personthing