Ivory Umi, The Voice for Imperfection

IvoryUmi

Hello, everyone!

I'm using the alias of an Oc (original Character) I made specially for Pokemon Reborn's storyline for here. Other names I'm called by include Amara, Lunaria, Butterfly, or even just L, But you can run something by me if you wish to call me something else!

About me: I'm an open-minded ace and demiromantic girl living in Florida. I enjoy learning new things about the world, cultures, fairy tales, and history, as well as spending time with my friends and my cat. I have a little sister who I love to death and will fight anyone who makes fun of her. You can easily get a general idea about my personality and relationship with my friends and sister by looking at Fu from Yuki Yuna is A Hero (Below).

201411150354468d6s.jpg

My dad was a history teacher a long time ago, so I'm a world history and culture nerd by default, with a particular interest in the stories, taboos, and legends of different countries. I'm also probably the only person on the planet to SOMEHOW get expelled from preschool. Long story short: Don't have a cognitive processing disorder and grow up on Godzilla, you will probably be a menace to your teachers as a four-year old.

About Ivory:

ivory_sketchdump_by_sumomosushi-d96yn1t.

Ivory is a once-blind girl from Lapis Ward. Her two guide pokemon are a Lucario named Ginko and a Shiny Gardevoir named Harmony. Upon gaining the gift of sight, (Sorry, you'll have to rp with me to learn how that happened, and you'll have to rp a while. You'll be better off following an rp collab comic I'm doing with my friend stephsin2kh) she fell in love with the imperfect world around her. When she learned about Team Meteor's goals, she decided to fight for her imperfect world and stop them. The rest of her team consists of A goodra named Gisabelle, a Braviary named Delta, a Tyranitar named Ivan (pronounced EE-van), and a Lapras named Laruto.

She's also a pansexual.

My favorite shows/anime include: Your Lie in April (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso), Kill La Kill, Death Parade, Any documentaries on the ocean - especially sharks -, Dinosaur King, and Steven Universe.

My favorite movies include: Most b-horror flicks, Shark movies (I love sharks), The Jurassic Park movies, Dragon Wars, All Japanese Monster movies by Toho Studios I can get my hands on, Monster movies in general, And Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I love drawing art for the things I enjoy, Pokemon Reborn being one of my recent kicks. You can see my art by searching SumomoSushi on Deviantart. I'm also happy to take requests for art as well, provided I know a little bit about what you ask me to draw.

Among some of my other interests are the Japanese Kaiju (I.e. Godzilla, Rodan, etc.), video games (Favorites include Pokemon obviously, Legend of Zelda, Golden Sun, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Okami), and the art of animation (which I'm trying to learn more about.) I also love to cook, baking being a specialty of mine, reading fantasy and sci-fi books (Micheal Crichton's The Lost World being one of my favorite books), Listening to music (Nightwish in particular), and roleplaying with friends.

I hope to learn more here and I'll try to be a helpful part of the community.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I also have a pirate Au for Pokemon Reborn. It still needs sprucing up and I only have a rough sketch available online, but if you have a headcannon to add to this AU, I'd be happy to hear it!

Edited by IvoryUmi

Hello there, IvoryUmi!

Fellow history nerd here, used to read books all the time, especially maps of the world's empires. Always interested me how they rose to power, then fell, sometimes dramatically like the greeks and whatnot. Nowadays not really that into history like i once was (you can thank my parents for giving me a DS when i was 6 for that) But i still enjoy discussing history. Also speaking of games, i absolutely love the civilization series! Always enjoyed the aspect of having an empire you can create and 'stand the test of time' with lmao. If you have steam and Civ 5, im down for playing some games together!

Anyways, I hope you have fun here! Remember that we are always here for you if your feeling down and whatever the issue is~

(also hop on the server! We have dank memes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

See you around! :D

-Sini

Hi there! Welcome to Reborn!

Your OC and art look incredible, so props to you for that :D

History is also completely awesome so it is great to have more of those who are passionate about it around the community.

While you're here if you could quickly check out the rules to the left, to avoid accidently breaking them, that'd be much appreciated as well.

Hope to see you around!

Welcome to Reborn, friend!

(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

eat some sprinkles.

Loving your OC btw, I think her concept and design is really cool. :3

History is pretty cool (Love reading about Victorian stuff).

i think sharks are cooler though

Hopefully you'll enjoy your time here! ; )

Welcome there, Lunaria!

Hope you enjoy your stay at Reborn.

Welcome to Reborn, friend!

(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

eat some sprinkles.

Loving your OC btw, I think her concept and design is really cool. :3

History is pretty cool (Love reading about Victorian stuff).

i think sharks are cooler though

Hopefully you'll enjoy your time here! ; )

Hello and welcome to Reborn! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

Hi there! Welcome to Reborn!

Your OC and art look incredible, so props to you for that :D

History is also completely awesome so it is great to have more of those who are passionate about it around the community.

While you're here if you could quickly check out the rules to the left, to avoid accidently breaking them, that'd be much appreciated as well.

Hope to see you around!

Hello, really interesting OC you have and I really like the artwork. Welcome to reborn.

Hi Lunaria, and welcome to Reborn! Your OC is pretty cool, and I like your artwork~

Hello there, IvoryUmi!

Fellow history nerd here, used to read books all the time, especially maps of the world's empires. Always interested me how they rose to power, then fell, sometimes dramatically like the greeks and whatnot. Nowadays not really that into history like i once was (you can thank my parents for giving me a DS when i was 6 for that) But i still enjoy discussing history. Also speaking of games, i absolutely love the civilization series! Always enjoyed the aspect of having an empire you can create and 'stand the test of time' with lmao. If you have steam and Civ 5, im down for playing some games together!

Anyways, I hope you have fun here! Remember that we are always here for you if your feeling down and whatever the issue is~

(also hop on the server! We have dank memes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

See you around! :D

-Sini

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! I'll definitely read up on the rules so that I don't goof anything up!

Welcome!

a Braviary named Delta

Okay, so I thought a Braviary on its own was already all kinds of badass, but I gotta say I love the name Delta for a Braviary. Good stuff, Ivory. Glad to have you aboard, enjoy your time here!

Welcome to reborn Ivory Umi, and now for my regularly scheduled challenge.

אתה יכול להבין אותי?

כי אם אתה יכול ; אז מזל טוב ; אתה יכול

להשתמש בהתקן תרגום

כמו כן דיוקן נחמד דרך

אגב

Welcome!

Okay, so I thought a Braviary on its own was already all kinds of badass, but I gotta say I love the name Delta for a Braviary. Good stuff, Ivory. Glad to have you aboard, enjoy your time here!

welcome man to reborn!!!! nice to meet you!!!!

Welcome to reborn Ivory Umi, and now for my regularly scheduled challenge.

אתה יכול להבין אותי?

כי אם אתה יכול ; אז מזל טוב ; אתה יכול

להשתמש בהתקן תרגום

כמו כן דיוקן נחמד דרך

אגב

AAAAAAA SO MANY NICE PEOPLE

Thank you all so much!

And another droplet has added to this black ocean of ours...

Welcome to the forums, prepare to lose all your free time as you spend increasing amounts of time (re)playing Pokemon Reborn and browsing these forums.

iTA681x.png

Edited by Tartar

And another droplet has added to this black ocean of ours...

Welcome to the forums, prepare to lose all your free time as you spend increasing amounts of time (re)playing Pokemon Reborn and browsing these forums.

iTA681x.png

Ezuri-Claw-Of-Progress.jpg

I WILL FILL YOU WITH THE GLORY OF PHYREXIAN PERFECTION

also welcome

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK YOU EVERYONE, I FEEL SO WELCOME!!!!

And trust me, I've lost some much free time on this game, there's no stopping me.

Hello and welcome to Reborn! Hope you enjoy your stay! We also have a Showdown server where you can do pokémon battles! :D

I hope to see more of your artwork! :D

Hope we get to know each other! :D

Thank you! I'm not a very competitive battler, so I'll probably end up losing. :lol::D

I usually post my art on Deviantart, so searching for SumomoSushi would be the best bet.

Welcome, Siren of the Abyss

Do you know what the most intricate thing in this world it?

No, it is not the needle you lost in the desert

Your thoughts drift, as you ponder the intricacy of this world

Do your thoughts fall upon the Crow's feather whose pigment, black as night, that you lost in the darkness?

No, for in truth, the most intricate thing thing to find in our world is,

Realizing your own erroneous contemplation

Walk with purpose towards perfection as you walk among the stars we all share.

- From one traveller of the Abyss to another

Edited by Tartar

Welcome, Siren of the Abyss

Do you know what the most intricate thing in this world it?

No, it is not the needle you lost in the desert

Your thoughts drift, as you ponder the intricacy of this world

Do your thoughts fall upon the Crow's feather whose pigment, black as night, that you lost in the darkness?

No, for in truth, the most intricate thing thing to find in our world is,

Realizing your own erroneous contemplation

Walk with purpose towards perfection as you walk among the stars we all share.

- From one traveller of the Abyss to another

Oh gosh, as myself I love that, but Ivory would probably be internally screaming. XD

1264185000204.gif

Nice DeviantArt profile by the way, you seem pretty into drawing. I'm anticipating what kind of creative things you'll post on this forum.

hothothothot_by_sumomosushi-d9im9he.jpg

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the comment!

Quick question so I know, is there someplace specific on the forums for fan art or do I have to create a thread for it?