RAI electrifies the field!

rokubiraijuu

[ insert cool ssb4 teaser video for self here ]

...........that topic title is probably the most out-there i've ever put myself in my 22 years of life ;;

hi everyone! o/ my name is rai, and even though i've been hovering around the reborn forums for about half a year now, i've always been too shy to actually join it, but today i summoned up the courage!!! and here i am. i'm newly 22 ( as of yesterday uvu ) and a grad student in english lit. from the east coast of the US c': i love reading and writing and use way too many emotes when i talk yeah

uhh my hobbies include procrastinating on my work ( actually have my last final paper of the semester due in two days and i'm avoiding that rn ), roleplaying ( been rping for half my life now, exactly 11 years! c: ), and of course video games, most notably pokemon and, recently, fire emblem! been working up the courage to start on that new patch of genealogy of the holy war after my best friend got me into fe with the fates release and got me to play awakening after that

my dreams include......not sucking at life lmao no for real i want to be an english professor c: it's why i'm in grad school after all i promise i don't just like giving my country money for no reason. i'm currently specializing in modern and contemporary lit. but i really like to look at super modern stuff like the sandman comics.......but i also love shakespeare and the victorian era so really i just need to abolish periodization completely amirite!

i've been a pokemon fan since rby -- i used to own all three before i gave away my yellow version stupidly and lost?? blue??? and now i only have red, but!! i have mew on my red version so! ever since then i've played at least one of every generation -- silver, sapphire, emerald on emulator, leaf green, pearl, heart gold, black, black 2, y, alpha sapphire, and ( soon......... ) sun uvu i've also played all the mystery dungeon games, as well as coliseum, gale of darkness, conquest ( best. game. ), both pokemon stadiums -- you get the idea. the only spinoff games i haven't played are the ranger ones for some.....reason...... and pokemon will always be the one franchise i will stick with even if i have no money to buy anything else!!

my greatest regret is not having a wii u to play pokken tournament this is breaking me up inside for real

being not much of a pc gamer, i hadn't really delved into fan-made stuff until now! and reborn was actually the first fan-made game i played! and i promptly fell in love and proceeded to play it again. and i'm currently on my third run through it, voicing out all the cutscenes with my best friend because we do this for video games pretty often. my favorite character is cain because he's great protect him. but i also love many others!! like taka my son. and florinia. and radomus!!! as a writer, reborn's characterization makes me happier than anything else; compelling, well-developed characters are my lifeblood and i want to give three cheers for titania because even tho i don't personally find her very likable, she's an A+ written character and i will fight anyone who says otherwise ( only not really because i'm a wimp but )

also in my spare time i am a little ( read: very ) addicted to competitive and shiny breeding so i do a lot of that on oras. i run giveaways for competitive and shiny pokemon on tumblr which i won't link here but let me know if you want in on that!

and now this intro has gotten hella long so imma stop here. i hope to be friends with all of you and see you guys around! c':

-- rai

Rai! Hi! I follow you on Tumblr, it's nice to see you make a forum account!

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

wait, you do? c8 who are youuuu

holy shit what a fucking cute intro. happy belated birthday!! cain is fucking adorable yes.

u///u ty i try my best and thanks!! yes cain love i want to adopt him and put him in my pocket ;u;

Hey Rai and welcome to Reborn! Hope you enjoy your stay! We also have a Reborn server where you can do pokémon battles, so feel free to join! :D

Hope we get to know each other! :D

I also love English Literature! I even write my own stories (I can show them to you if you want! :D) We also have people write fanfic here, so feel free to check that out! :D

But, welcome, welcome! :D

Edited by Cool Girl

Well uh the blog I followed you on is askthethoughtful, but I think you follow my Pokemon blog pidgeottoed. It's nice to see you here!

oh, it's you! c8 you're much of the reason i played reborn in the first place ahaha and here i am now, two runs later xD

although i'm sure you played it on earlier eps when it was much harder........

Hey Rai and welcome to Reborn! Hope you enjoy your stay! We also have a Reborn server where you can do pokémon battles, so feel free to join! :D

Hope we get to know each other! :D

I also love English Literature! I even write my own stories (I can show them to you if you want! :D) We also have people write fanfic here, so feel free to check that out! :D

But, welcome, welcome! :D

i would love to see them! c': i might write some reborn fanfic of my own one day, if i can find the inspiration.

it's usually hard for me to do fic without some sort of prompt or exchange ;;

Welcome to Reborn, friend!

(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

eat the sprinkles

Funny that we have the same dream! I also want to be an English professor not suck at life.

If you haven't already, you can check out the Creative Works section of the forum to share your stories or RP.

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

if taka is my husbando, does that make u my mother-in-law? o.0

• Administrators

Wanting to give three cheers for Titania in particular is an automatic approval as far as I'm concerned. You've done well already. Welcome.

EDIT: oh, I appear to be the first authority figure here. that never happens.
Well, obligatory "be sure to read the rules on the left" and "if you have any concerns or questions about stuff, feel free to ask myself or one of the other staff!"

Wow, that's one great intro topic!!!

Wanting to be an English teacher is amazing!!!

Titania is great as well, although she isn't my favourite.

Hope to see you around!!!

Also Ikaru was the first auth to reply to this... how did that happen...

YooooOOOOOOoooo rai heya welcome pal

Im sure youll fit in well here. You seem cool but im not around that much these days but im hoping to see ya around when im back!!

Have fun and welcome again uwu