PokeNations 2: Nation B

NickCrash

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is PokeNations Season 2, and I am your host NickCrash!!! *audience claps*

As you already know, this Sunday we're announcing the teams you will be in, so I want all of you to come here and check whether your names are in the list of the chosen ones or not. If you are in Team B, stay and have a nice chat. If not... GTFO.

It is important that you get to know your fellow players, so as to be able to co-operate better and tackle the challenges in the most effective ways, while also making friends along the way. No matter how fierce battlers and mastermind strategists we may be, all of us enjoy a nice chat. Besides, constructive teamwork can beat any individual beast.

Now that I mention, you didn't think we wouldn't get our very own hidden room in showdown, did you? Because we do! And it has the most intimidating name I could imagine! This will be our base of operations, in which we'll discuss battle strategies, team-building, break down the weekly challenges and find our ways into decimating our opponents, and with the roster we have, we can totally do whatever we set our minds to.

So, enter THE ROOM, check your name, sit at a comfortable chair / couch / sofa / poof, place your order, and get ready, because an exciting tournament is about to begin!!!

V.I.P. List

Other stuff you need to know:

Note that we have to elect a leader by Thursday 5 EST. I am illegible, due to being a committee member, but we will discuss about this in our super special awesome backchannel. You are free to post your candidacy right below if you wish. Expect a PM with our very own hidden room in Reborn Showdown. Do not share the link with our competitors because that's where we will discuss strategy. Include 'B is for Best Nation' in your response if you have read this far down. Good Luck to all individual members of our awesome group, and stay awesome!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo. Can't wait to see how this goes. Just a question. is leader nominations happening for this nation because I had the plan to apply to be a leader.

doers this mean i'm playing jund with Bloodbraid elf even though it's banned? if so, cool!

When in doubt, Jund 'em out.

All we need to do to win is B-lieve in ourselves, right? XD

Edit: I concur that 'B is Best Nation'.

Edited by Roswell

I am posting my candidacy for leader. I'm available always right now so for that nation draft, you know I can be there.

I know Dark Desire was an awesome leader but he has already done it so why not give someone else a try. Sorry if that seems selfish.

I have learned and with a monoish type of team, I can be a good battler and I try my best to be positive and nice to everyone I meet so I would love if you could consider me as an option. :)

Thanks and great to B a part of this once again. :D Good luck to everyone and see you in the room.

I think we need someone with experience and great knowledge of the game to be the leader of our great nation, so I'm putting my vote for Dark Desire.

I'm happy to accept Chubb's nomination 'cause honestly we could do worse than me as leader but I'm throwing my vote at DD because honestly he's the best one for the job in my opinion. I urge anyone who doesn't know much about the candidates to vote DD as well.

Personally, I think my favorite pokemon are

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Protect
- Endeavor
Drug Dealer (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Gimmick sets are always my favorite! :D
The best OU wallbreaker!
Emboar @ Muscle Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sucker Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Wild Charge
Fuck you M-Sableye!
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Give me some sand raging and I will not fall!
Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Seismic Toss
Edited by pyrromanis

Personally, I'm most satisfied by seeing one of my 'mons OHKO an opposing 'mon. Stall just aint my thing :P As such, I tend to stick with mons with huge offensive potential, like:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite

Ability: Trace

EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 HP

Timid Nature

Hyper Voice/Psyshock/Focus Blast/Calm Mind

Gallade @ Galladite

Ability: Justified

EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Atk, 4 HP

Jolly Nature

Swords Dance/Close Combat/Knock Off/Zen Headbutt

(In case you can't tell, I like the Ralts line :3)

But naturally, that Hyper Offense wants suicide leads like:

Froslass @ Focus Sash

Ability: Cursed Body (I'm still waiting for the Hail equivalent of SS, GameFreak)

EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.A, 4 HP

Timid Nature

Spikes/Taunt/Destiny Bond/Ice Beam

They're fairly standard sets for those 'mons, but I think they reflect the sort of style I like playing (also, Voir, Gallade and Froslass are my 3 favourite 'mons, so w/e :P)

---

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Iron Head

- Heart Stamp

- Fire Punch

- U-turn

---

Togekiss @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace