PokeNations 2 General Discussion

No, you dropped out because you got mad when you lost because we refused to ghost for you. And we were all polite to you.

i was mad in general that i lost not that you wouldnt help me

like youre the one to talk about politeness though

saying you have no use for someone because theyre a coward isnt exactly polite but ya know

whatever

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was mad in general that i lost not that you wouldnt help me

like youre the one to talk about politeness though

saying you have no use for someone because theyre a coward isnt exactly polite but ya know

whatever

It wasn't me that said that - I can give you a screenshot if you want to contest it (but true, that comment was out of order).

Wait a minute... Isn't this how the Knight of the Round Table went down in the first place?

History is about to repeat itself...

Not part of the conversation, but this was my witty one liner that I posted as our pre-week snark. xD I just find that funny that I'm not the only one to reference it.

Not sure if this was asked but if a major level of hax (like 2-3 freezes for example) happens and both sides are willing to restart the match, are they allowed to? Or is it merely a one and done type of rule.

Not sure if this was asked but if a major level of hax (like 2-3 freezes for example) happens and both sides are willing to restart the match, are they allowed to? Or is it merely a one and done type of rule.

I'd probably lean towards no for the sole reason that people might try to nag their opponent into restarting. Begging, annoying, guilting, etc. It's just a can of worms I don't think is worth opening.

I'd probably lean towards no for the sole reason that people might try to nag their opponent into restarting. Begging, annoying, guilting, etc. It's just a can of worms I don't think is worth opening.

Fair enough. Kind of wasn't so sure on the stance of that, but I suppose that makes sense.

Hax happens and is part of the game. I don't see why there should be a reset allowed for it. ((Considering there is strategies that use it... Serene Grace etc... it makes it much more likely but it's the same thing so one could say that them getting hax'd like that isn't fair and demand a restart as well.)) Basically, as soon as that's a rule it'd instantly be abused and it's a road that can only lead to harassment.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's very likely that it wouldn't be welcome to people who simply want to get their match done and over with. It's very unlikely that the committee would focus time into working on commentators for every battle. That doesn't stop you from doing it on your own free will. Just be wary that some people will appreciate it less than others.

I'd argue against commentary. It could possibly alert one player to what the other is planning if they aren't subtle enough about it, for example, and that would be unfair.

If it were post commentary that would be 100% fine.

Edited by Personthing

Cool idea, but I think commentating replays instead of live commentary would be better. If you're good at commentating and know the rhythm of the battle, it would be entertaining to watch.

So, I was thinking. We should have commentators for PokeNation matches! It would make it so much fun! Now, I don't know about you guys, but I would commentate any PokeNation match I stumble upon! :D

I did enjoy having Dragon commentate lol. This could be a cool concept I think so yeah it would be good especially for aspiring commentators.

Great idea Cool Girl.

EDIT: good commentating CG for dragon's battle. ;)

So, I was thinking. We should have commentators for PokeNation matches! It would make it so much fun! Now, I don't know about you guys, but I would commentate any PokeNation match I stumble upon! :D

Tbh, I'm really against this. Maybe in a fun match or one that isn't super serious, but generally I tune out comments in a battle when I need to focus against good players and I'm sure a few others feel the same way. I mean commenting on a battle is fine when something interesting or insane happens, but I generally ignore everyone but my opponent when battling.

the comments people post during a chat seems really fast that i have to pause the video to read them. Now i think it would be cool if somebody took the time to commentate after a match is over during the editing process. Kind of like what you see on youtube. However to pull it off you would need something who is entertaining and has great stage presents and who has basic pokemon knowledge to comment on risk plays and when the match was basically over kind of thing.

If this were to be a thing, there should be multiple "announcers" who can whip up a commentary stream on the spot, and preferably unbiased (or equally biased) announcers so it doesn't become a hate stream.

We could do this thing I guess. Or a thing.

What i'm proposing is a match of the week. We vote on it. Commentators of really high calibur who did well in that week with another commentator (Preferably the winning battler to explain his/her/xi's moves) to really give a look into the time, effort, and consideration for the battle that took place.

As long as its not during the battle, commentary does sound quite interesting and fun to watch. If it happens during the battle, battlers can lose their focus and sometimes commentators can hint players of the opponent's strategy - which like Personthing said, is very unfair.