PokeNations 2 General Discussion

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

commentating could be fun but on the realistic side its better if done in post. Like all said one slip of the tongue and the opponent can learn another's strategy and is unfair also many players like to keep their fights private and do not like others bothering them so theirs that.We could test it but it will be a waste of time tbh as more or less this will be a pointless endeavor as it adds nothing on to nations as a whole and if its to be done like mentioned do it in post end of each week and thats if someone has the time to watch record and commentate each of the 21 battles per week.

I too would prefer if the commentary was done after the battle, or not at all. It's very disrupting to the battlers and might not be taken in good light at all. Also, there is the chance that due to a slip of the tongue (or finger), the tide of the battle could change. Personally, I dislike if anyone apart from the battlers pass around some comments of what just happened. Onlookers can comment and all, but to a bare minimum. Or if the commentary is to be done, it's better if both the battlers switch on the ignore spectators button and proceed with the battle, the commentary can entertain the other spectators and if the battlers want to, they can always read the commentary from the replays.

As a whole, I'm against the idea of commentary. If such a rule is passed that commentary is allowed during the battle or even if someone unofficially starts commentating during battle, expect me to switch on the ignore button.

Alternatively, we could have a "highlight reel" of the top 3 or 5 battles this week, voted by the community, and the announcers could go over those (after everything's done, of course)

It's fine if you all want to do this, however I'm having two stipulations:

1. The committee will not be involved with it.

2. You do not do it via text during the battle as it's likely to frustrate the competitors if they have to see and deal with it.

so we pretty much do a post commentary. If so and you are invited to commentate along side someone will you do it

Keeping it short this time:

Against commentary; already hate it enough when people talk about sets in a serious manner during the battle (sarcasm is okay, when obvious). Chat predicting moves is the same as the commentator proposing them. If it's post-battle, well that obviously annuls my objections. Just make sure you don't see the battles prior to the commentating, as it turn out better that way. :3

Just ask Kaito to do it. If anyone here is good at cheesy commentary it's that guy.

Pray tell.

Ok so it's settle then. We will have post-commentary, so like after the match is finished. I will talk to Kaito if he wants to do it. I'm also thinking of having a group of people with Kaito comment too. Let me know what you guys think of this.