Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Okay I'm totally getting Moon, since I just prefer the Moon Legendary over a cooler Pyroar, and I think I'll be choosing Popplio just from these unevolved forms. The other two look cool and all but Popplio <3 (I'm a huge fan of Oshawott, Seel, and Spheal, so...)

Since Rowlet is already Grass/Flying, I guess Popplio won't be Water/Flying despite being an acrobat :[

Maybe Water/Fairy, though? It's sort of a clown, and Mr. Mime is part Fairy, after all. It would be a pretty nice type for it, anyway~

The other two most plausible options for typing are pure Water (pls no we already have so many of those) and Water/Fighting (depending on what its evolutions look like).

edit: Oh there's also Water/Ice but we already have two of those :x

Cultists would make a good choice for evil teams, but then people would freak out about 'the game that tries to steer pokemon away from religion and god', like they did 10 years after RBY were published with 'games promoting underage gambling'.

@Lady of Bears, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can't help but express my disappointment when a creation doesn't meet my standards, even when it's the Pokemon franchise (one I grew up with) that's promoting it. One would expect fantastic designs from a game that's celebrating 20 years of success. Yes, I currently am salty, but one cannot deny that it's for a good reason. Let's hope the other (at least) 80 pokemon of this region and the newer megas are worth it.

@Viri, if we don't get a Dolphin pokemon in Hawaii (or Alola region *vomits in mouth*), we never will. NEVER.

EDIT:

@Chubb, what do you mean "two of those"? I count 4.

Lapras

Dewgong

Cloyster

Walrein

Cultists would make a good choice for evil teams, but then people would freak out about 'the game that tries to steer pokemon away from religion and god', like they did 10 years after RBY were published with 'games promoting underage gambling'.

@Lady of Bears, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can't help but express my disappointment when a creation doesn't meet my standards, even when it's the Pokemon franchise (one I grew up with) that's promoting it. One would expect fantastic designs from a game that's celebrating 20 years of success. Yes, I currently am salty, but one cannot deny that it's for a good reason. Let's hope the other (at least) 80 pokemon of this region and the newer megas are worth it.

@Viri, if we don't get a Dolphin pokemon in Hawaii (or Alola region *vomits in mouth*), we never will. NEVER.

They would fit into a region that has its tribal roots as mere extreme worship .. they don't have to be likened to religion but knowing people nowadays, so sensitive about everything, who knows. At least we're one pegi rating away from having even more mature things in pokemon. The 3Ds games apparently started having PEGI 7 which allows for at least CERTAIN things that may not be intended for children but we won't really get anywhere super far until we see pegi 12 i guess

On a side note, I wonder if there's hope for difficulty mode to come back... Seemingly they heard our pleas and are bringing customization back... there's a chance, right???? Rip the dream of seasons though

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

There's also the Uri Geller case, where he claimed that 1) Kadabra was a ripoff of himself (he's supposedly a psychic who bends spoons) and 2) Kadabra is anti-Semitic because of the star on its forehead. Although he didn't win the case, apparently Kadabra hasn't appeared in the trading card game ever since because of him.

There's also the Uri Geller case, where he claimed that 1) Kadabra was a ripoff of himself (he's supposedly a psychic who bends spoons) and 2) Kadabra is anti-Semitic because of the star on its forehead. Although he didn't win the case, apparently Kadabra hasn't appeared in the trading card game ever since because of him.

I can only laugh at that. True, the Gen1 mons were the most controversial, but that dear Uri is plain projection of your unsurmountable ego. Every mentalist, psychic and other form of charlatan has been associated with spoon bending and mind reading. He should also sued the Matrix movies for having young Aang manage this feat. I don't care about the Trading Card Game because it's a rip-off from Magic The Gathering, but this is nonesense. Sure, the gameboy game was nice (and had a black cartrige which was extra cool at that time (plus nice music)) but I didn't know they continued with the card trades. Not on a big scale at least.

Since GF wants to make a good impression this time and sell more than their last gens (to outperform the.. something Watch that's getting populatity in Japan), they won't touch too soft subjects. Perhaps enter murder in games, but that's about it.

I can only laugh at that. True, the Gen1 mons were the most controversial, but that dear Uri is plain projection of your unsurmountable ego. Every mentalist, psychic and other form of charlatan has been associated with spoon bending and mind reading. He should also sued the Matrix movies for having young Aang manage this feat. I don't care about the Trading Card Game because it's a rip-off from Magic The Gathering, but this is nonesense. Sure, the gameboy game was nice (and had a black cartrige which was extra cool at that time (plus nice music)) but I didn't know they continued with the card trades. Not on a big scale at least.

Since GF wants to make a good impression this time and sell more than their last gens (to outperform the.. something Watch that's getting populatity in Japan), they won't touch too soft subjects. Perhaps enter murder in games, but that's about it.

Lmao, seriously though. You can tell they intended pokemon to be on a more serious note from the start before they got all those complaints (probably) What with blatantly having lavender town and the whole story surrounding it, also things like Hypno that lure little children or dream-eating mon.. The dex entries overall also give off that vibe. They had death and implied + avowed murder in Kalos, so they might actually slowly start including these things. At least I really hope they do.

I guess you mean Yokai Watch. Personally I've only heard of that thing, never experienced it, but I've seen some pictures and it doesn't look like it has anything on pokemon, but hey, if they wanna outperform it, they better step up their game and deliver something of gen 5 quality.. I really hope the region and characters aren't bland this time around. Gym leaders, towns, villages, cities, PLEASe don't be useless loreless landscapes and pieces of meat

I'm torn between the grass and water starters as I don't really like Litten.

I think the sun legendary looks a bit better, but I'll have to see if the moon one grows on me!

Overall I'm just super hyped!!!!!

i will admit with all these news, im slightly disappointed we didn't get another female professor :S

And this. I really don't know why we couldn't get another lady prof , especially in a casual place like Hawaii but wellp, Wattson/Rowan blend it is, apparently named Hala

7742827-Hawaiian-hala-tree-with-lauhala-

And this. I really don't know why we couldn't get another lady prof , especially in a casual place like Hawaii but wellp, Wattson/Rowan blend it is, apparently named Hala

7742827-Hawaiian-hala-tree-with-lauhala-

scary as heck that tree is O_O

I am probably going to end up getting both anyway, but probably getting sun first. Definitely a Rowlett fan. Been hoping for a better Grass/Flying type than tropius. I am betting that the Moon pokemon will be some combination of Fairy and Ice/Dark/Flying. Sun i can bet will most likely be Fire with maybe Grass/Flying/Psychic/Fairy. Sun i feel is a bit harder to pin than moon. I am also betting that Litten will end up being Fire/Dark, like houndoom. It looks the part. And Popplio i bet will be Either Water/Ice (Against my better judgement, as there is already a Water/Ice seal pokemon) or Maybe Water/Fightning. Or maybe even Water/Poison or Water/Psychic. Just haven't had a "good" (Notable) Water Poison/Psychic Type recently, and there could be some potential there. Just a thought.

Personally i am hoping this will be the Johto to Kalos' Kanto. That being they will be attached and You can go to Kalos after you are done with Alola. My reasoning behind this is Gen 6 only brought in like...less than 100 pokemon (I don't know the exact number) and i felt personally Kalos was rather small and uneventful. It added to the battle mechanics and that was roughly it. So i'm hoping this will add an equal amount of pokemon similar to how johto affected Kanto. But meanwhile i am loving the aesthetics of it. Tropical is totally my thing. I thought Hoenn already accomplished a sort of style like that, but i guess this one will be more so.

Sooooooo,

Bowtie owl

Bwark!

Emo cat with hair that stands on end when it attacks

Fancy Lion

Fancy Bat

Bwark!

Anyone else notice that in battle each mon seems to have more personality to its movements? They all seemed to have a couple different idle actions when not attacking, as opposed to just standing there blankly.

Bwark!

The description says it Kicks so it's going to be a physical attacker. That's new, since the other Grass/Flying were special. It's definitely getting the following moves:

Leaf Blade

Leaf Storm

Razor Leaf

Peck

Gust

Aerial Ace

Brave Bird

U-turn

A man can only wonder.

The description says it Kicks so it's going to be a physical attacker. That's new, since the other Grass/Flying were special. It's definitely getting the following moves:

Leaf Blade

Leaf Storm

Razor Leaf

Peck

Gust

Aerial Ace

Brave Bird

U-turn

A man can only wonder.

Don't forget Leafage, a new grass move we know nothing about.

Gale Wings HA

Oh hey, the cat has something cool about it, it references fire breathing and fire dancing found in Hawaii and India.