Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

I hope they don't change much in the mechanics. The competitive scene is already balanced enough, and the only flaw it has is that it misses good options for the lower tiers. I would consider certain type changes like Ice getting a resistance to Dragon or buffing Bug a bit, but nothing else really. Oh, perhaps introducing a couple of new abilities and priority moves but that's it.

Usually at the 1x th day of a month so I guess somewhen next week or this weekend .. Last month it leaked around march 10 or so I think

And well, I more or less treat bw/2 as one entity since they belong to the same region and generation .. kinda like i always consider the best out of each gen's games as the comparison marker (i.e. to me platinum is superior to dp so when i think of sinnoh, i have platinum in mind when comparing that to other gens) But aye, there is this feeling that pokemon steadily became better with sinnoh and then unova...and then took a giant step back with kalos... so here's hoping gen 7 will follow in gen 4+5's footsteps

You want an 'evil team'

Team Deliverance

Goal: Use Pokemon to topple all forms of Government and let the world be in complete anarchy, Only then can people understand and experience true freedom. Then maybe they'll understand how they've been used.

Their 'Leader' is simply the one all other members look towards for guidance. They don't have any true power structure.

• Upvote 1

I prefer BW plot-wise to BW2. As a person of my acquaintance put it so succinctly:

BW Plasma: "Hi! We're PokéPETA! Consider your Pokémon's freedom!"

BW2 Plasma: "F*** it, we're terrorists now. Gimme."

Well, yeah. Gen 5 did have some problems. The 'bad guys' had something that rubbed me wrong.

BW: "We're for liberating pokemon from pokéballs!...But we still use pokéballs!..."...completely undermines the dilemma, which could've made it a very interesting game. N was a great antihero (undermined by the former), and that finale was so grand, it was amazing.

And our rivals were meh. (weren't much better in other gens...)

B2W2: Great rival, decent villains and nice story about the split, but compared to BW...the end felt quite underwhelming (Yes, we were almost a popsicle, but why nerf the villain???)

Not to mention designs...were a mixed bag. (put into perspective: Zekrom, but icecream...)

Still pretty good games, though. Just could've been better. I hope they reiterate on the concept in BW, perhaps in the form of a rival or so.

Just make it more difficult and give me a good reason to question my motives in-game for gen 7, that'd be nice.

Oh, that's for sure. They will not have a feature like trainer customization restricted only to Kalos; it wasn't done in ORAS to 'preserve the original feel' more. I too look forward to having a Titanic Time God follow me again and accept poffins/cupcakes from my hand.

I also appreciate the depth of your sentiment, since you seem to have created an account just to make this one post. Why not introduce yourself in the Grand Hall, friend?

And as for game mechanics, I sincerely hope they won't go farther than Mega evolution. To be frank, some old favorites are just crying for a Mega: Roserade, YanMEGA, Magnezone, and so on. Perhaps they will finally introduce a 'free-for-all' mode of battling, which involves four people on four sides, all battling the other three, with the last man standing declared the winner. Currently we only have multibattles, with two on a side, that makes free do all's limited due to the way certain moves don't target the 'ally' next to you. In a free-for-all mode, moves like Hyper Voice could hit everyone, while Stealth Rock and similar hazards would target a single 'corner' at a time. It's be fun, I'm sure!

Edited by Viridescent
  • Upvote 2

interesting theory, but if they'd make flare be the evil team in sun, i do hope their story is different than xy ....though my hopes are that the return to kalos is only a postgame sidestory like johto's kanto. I do also hope for dual evil teams. It seems fitting since sun and moon are entities as different as the land and sea (then again, so are life and death but.... that's also one of kalos' great faults.. making 2 contrasting plots for the same team that end up illogical)

also, those 3 statues, isn't the third one just a cresselia? looks like one but not 100%

and the other 2 look too ..un-pokemon and ordinary to be legends but wellp XD I really really hope coro coro tells us something more than "hey guize, you alrdy knew this since over a month ago but, these games exist!"

I'm currently doing a soullink wonderlocke with my friend on pokemon Y, so on my way, I'm trying to look more into npc dialogue and stuff, and see if something may be theorized upon, but yeah, I suppose those things come later on... I also have no idea what Lysandre aimed to do with giving the world eternal life if X ...Y and destruction/death made more sense since from the ashes, a new world shall be reborn, but eternal ugliness is illogical xD

The plot of gen6 was a horrible mish-mash. The only logical conclusion we can arrive at is that Mr.FlareBlitz-face was simply genocidal, depressed and clinically insane in about ten different ways.

And that Diantha, being a ditz, and Sycamore, being too enamoured by the player's mum, both completely ignored the signs of madness so clearly screaming 'He's the bad guy' that Lysander was displaying in all his earlier interactions.

• Upvote 1

And as for game mechanics, I sincerely hope they won't go farther than Mega evolution. To be frank, some old favorites are just crying for a Mega: Roserade, YanMEGA, Magnezone, and so on. Perhaps they will finally introduce a 'free-for-all' mode of battling, which involves four people on four sides, all battling the other three, with the last man standing declared the winner. Currently we only have multibattles, with two on a side, that makes free do all's limited due to the way certain moves don't target the 'ally' next to you. In a free-for-all mode, moves like Hyper Voice could hit everyone, while Stealth Rock and similar hazards would target a single 'corner' at a time. It's be fun, I'm sure!

I'd have to agree with you on both points there. I'll admit, I was initially sceptical when I first heard about the premise of Mega Evolution, but I've warmed to it after I played ORAS. Nevertheless, I think another step down that line would be a step too far.

Also, I can't believe I've never considered a format like free-for-all battles before. It sounds like it could be really fun, and quite nerve-wracking as well; do you aid an opponent in taking down another? The enemy of my enemy is my friend, until I end up being pummelled when the rest of the cannon fodder competition is gone.

Oh, they're great fun. The betrayals, tacit deals and crazy strategies are hugely entertaining. It's even more fun when you start using doghorse mons and idiotic moves, because half the strategy in free for alls is to avoid looking like an obvious threat that would be triple-targeted the moment it hit the field. So you won't always find the same old Lando-T and stuff, you may well be surprised by a Special Garchomp or a Larvesta or something unexpectedly weird that can still pull stuff off.

Ah, coming back to gen7 theorizng, though...

Do you think the concept of bathrooms and toilets will finally appear, if only as a cosmetic joke? We've at least had our Mom have a room of her own in XY, so we can assure yourself that she doesn't have to sleep on the floor. But where does anyone go to answer Nature's call? Or do you think that'd go too far even for a joke?

Edited by Viridescent

Well, I don't know. I mean, I don't feel that the target demographic is a real justification for excluding the presence of toilets. It's not like they're unmentionable places, and I'm fairly confident that most kids who play Pokemon are aware that bathrooms are places that exist. My main reason for expecting them to not be included is a purely developmental one; why go to the bother of modelling everything in a bathroom when, realistically speaking, not much conflict is going to be happening there? Sure, Pokemon games are top of the list for enabling you to randomly chat with NPCs just about anywhere, and them thinking nothing of it, but in a bathroom? Everyone just sort of keeps to themselves there.

If they want to throw one in as a joke, fine. Toilets are confirmed for the Pokemon world, in that case. I totally thought everyone just did it the normal way. Behind a tree.

Edited by Spineblade

After looking at Serebii again, we might not even get leaks until the 15th when corocoro's actually released. However, since leaks do generally happen before the release, we might get them on Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe Tuesday, if we're lucky.

I know I will choose Sun, because I associate more on a spiritual level with the Sun.

This went philosophical. Never mind.

Let's talk about the potential new game graphics! Shall we see beautifuller animations of moves, comparable to Pokken's?

I have to wonder how much they'll attempt to improve on in terms of the graphics. The transition to full 3D battles was a big one. Every single Pokémon had to be modelled, coloured, and animated. It must have taken a long time. Will we see a noticeable change? Are Game Freak willing to go to the efforts of redoing all of that work? And even if they did, what would they change? More polygons? Better shading? Would it be worth it? Time will tell.

Edited by Spineblade

Well, they have had three years since XY-level graphics. And they aren't exactly short of staff, if what I am led to believe is true.

Of course, it may be too much to expect complete remodelling of every Pokémon to match Pokken's, but at least of moves?

I, for one, would like to at least see Blastoise shoot out Hydro Pump from its goddamn Cannons, instead of just belching it out from its mouth. Even Mega Blastoise's Hydro Pump animation just involves it bending and shooting a jet of water from its mouth, and not using the three massive Cannons on its body at all.

Of course! If you take a look at the sprites, they are expressing emotion. Now, most pokemon do not have that, because their 3D animations are wobbling right and left and their faces look pale and unexpressive.

Take Haunter as your prime example. From the time of Red (and with it's highest points in Emerald and HeartGold) it looked sinister, sly and ... dangerous. The 3D sprite we are using now showcases its contest with Slowbro in terms of derpy-ness.

Another is Nidoking. Notice how its stance projects it as the alpha male, always angry and ready to defend its area, in every single pokemon game. Now it just looks... constipated.

Let me join in on the agreement.. to be honest, I had not paid attention until I saw it pointed out but now that I look at it, it does seem like some pokemon's sprites lost their intimidating vibe.. There are some that received improvement imo though.. for instance, Sneasel. It has its arms crossed like this badass lil sneaky b*st*rd, I like lookin at it. I also am not fond of them changing up the pokemon cries..they ruined some cool-sounding ones :\.

But wellp, there is hope they'll change up sprites eventually, I mean, black and white did, from DPPT, and on the same handheld too... Now we are once again on the 3ds still, but entering a new generation, so it's entirely possible.

April 12 and no coro coro scans..doesn't seem like we'll get any today either, since serebii already made a tuesday post (even if it might get edited) .. It's not the first time coro coro doesn't leak until around the 14th , though >_> I just hope it won't be a disappointment yet again.. Usually the magazine is never the first source to reveal new info and the fact that there has been no directs or any shows announced to give new info is worrying since it alludes to corocoro doing nothing but say the games exist