Pokemon 20th anniversary vids

Monochrome_Complex

I watched them all again and freshwater is easily the worst of the bunch, why are the PCs so ugly in it? Dawn is fat and it's just boring in comparison to the others. Poison is actually one of my favorites now, as the animation syncs with the music perfectly to where the reusage doesn't bother me as much.

2nd normal vid is here! It's the shortest one yet too.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing much in the second normal vid content wise. Cutesy evolutions and pre-evolutions of what normal 1 had, and a feature of Regigigas and Arceus. The tiny SM reference was cool though.

Waiting to see Dragon, now. It's going to have all the borked stuff in it, but I'm not sure if it'll best Steel because I'm obviously biased.

dragon's up

Was nothing special to me, not sure why the lake trio was there ..they're not dragons, are they ? There was also a dunsparce and a mewtwo ... Is there something I'm missing or are they just there to emphasize some environment stuff or part of lore stuff?

Anyway, next vid is apparently sunmoon dedicated

Edited by Masquerain

Was nothing special to me, not sure why the lake trio was there ..they're not dragons, are they ?

Well, they bind Dialga, Palkia and Giratina and were directly created by Arceus, other than that, no idea.

• Global Mods

What's the music that starts playing around 1:15 at the shot of Drayden with his Druddigon? It sounds extremely familiar and I know I've heard it several times before, but I don't remember where it's from off the top of my head.

EDIT: nvm, just remembered it's Relic Castle.

I've seen Dragon, and even though it has all the badass Dragon types in it, I somehow don't find it so great. It did everything that was expected of it...so I guess it's just that. It didn't surprise me.

Even though I'm horribly biased forwards Steel, if I step back and look at it impartially, I still do not think Dragon made that big an impact. Dragon was more like a panoramic view of all the legendary Ubers and prominent Megas, and it was undeniably awesome, but even so, it didn't -click- as well as Steel and Normal-1 and Ghost did. Just my opinion, and a neutral one at that. Some parts were cooler, though, like showing all the player characters and the view of the stained glass creation Pantheon, but overall it was good but not excellent, in my view.

And I'm a little upset that nothing used Draco Meteor.

Yeah dragon honestly was one of the most underwhelming ones, which is a disappointing. The music didn't play off the visuals really too well at all, compare to say fighting/poison or steel.

IMO i'd rank them like this, in 4 tiers:

Excellent: Fighting, Psychic, Steel, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Normal

Good: Ground,,Fairy, Fire, SeaWater, Grass, Flying, Normal2

Okay: Electric, Ice, Rock, Dragon,

Meh: Freshwater

Yeah dragon honestly was one of the most underwhelming ones, which is a disappointing. The music didn't play off the visuals really too well at all, compare to say fighting/poison or steel.

IMO i'd rank them like this, in 4 tiers:

Excellent: Fighting, Psychic, Steel, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Normal

Good: Ground,,Fairy, Fire, SeaWater, Grass, Flying, Normal2

Okay: Electric, Ice, Rock, Dragon,

Meh: Freshwater

Agreed with the ranking except for me Electric was meh, as well as rock

Freshwater was okay for me along with normal 2, the rest I agree with

Dark was fun enough. It featured all the regional villains and their Dark type Pokemon: Cyrus and Honchkrow, Archie and Sharpedo-M (no one cares about that sissy Maxie), Lysandre and Gyarados-M, Ghetsis and Hydreigon, N(?) and Zoroark, Giovanni and his entire Team Rocket despite none of them really having a dark type Pokemon I guess...

Also poochyena was adorable, and Cacturne was hella creepy, worse even than Darkrai and Yveltal.

Well it looks like I'm the odd one out because I loved the dragon video (second favorite out of all them) thanks the pantheon shot, N, and the shots of the series' protagonists, though fighting is still the best video.

Edited by The Swordsman