Pokemon Rejuvenation Viability Rankings 3.0 [Community WIP]

Lord Chespin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to propose Haxorus for A+ rank:

+ Obtainable as a starter, if you're lucky or patient enough with the jackpot machine

+ Axew learns Dragon Rage at level 10. That early on Dragon Rage is deadly, OHKO's most other lvl 10+ 'mons. Not to mention it can 2HKO pretty much anything a bit later on as well, making Dragon Rage very effective for the first two gyms

+ Dragon-typing leaves few weaknesses, so you're not getting hit by super-effective moves very often

+ Learns both Dragon Claw and Dragon Dance early as well (lvl 28-32), so you can just replace Dragon Rage at this point

+ High Attack stat, combined with good Speed and aforementioned moves means Haxorus will at least hit hard if setting up and sweeping isn't possible (which it can do in many cases, like against Crawli for example)

- Evolves quite late, going by the level caps you still have Axew versus Marianette

- There aren't that many moves you can teach it via TMs

- Requires patience or luck to obtain

Seeing that Houndoom isn't on the list, I want to build on what CoolGirl brought to the table (my old ranking).

229MS.pngHoundoom for A-

+ Available before Gym 2.

+ Has some utility (Magma Drift, Rock Smash)

+ Massive special attack stat, boosted further by Nasty Plot.

+ Decent movepool: Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Crunch, Foul Play, Magma Drift, Overheat, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb TM, Sucker Punch (Breed), Destiny Bond (Breed).

+ Flash Fire a great ability, especially for Amber.

- Other than Special Attack, rather average stats (paper thin 75/50/80 defenses).

- Struggles with many field effects.

- Sees no use for the first few gyms.

Here are some more~

181MS.pngAmpharos for A Rank

+ 90/85/90 defenses are very useful.

+ Great utility and support moves: Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Light Screen, Rain Dance TM, Cotton Guard, Flash TM.

+ Parafusion is great, for obvious reasons.

+ Wide offensive movepool: Power Gem, Signal Beam, Thunder, Discharge, Dragon Pulse, Volt Switch TM, Charge Beam TM.

+ Very flexible and useful in many gym battles.

+ Static is a very useful ability.

- Mega unimplemented.

- Extremely low 55 base speed.

- Obtainable relatively late in the game (moved to after 5th Gym in V7), and is an event Pokémon.

407MS.pngRoserade for B+/A- Rank

+ Available before Gym 1.

+ Great offensive stats, with 125 SpAtk and 90 Speed.

+ Can function with utility: Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Leech Seed, Aromatherapy, Synthesis

+ Great STAB moves, but lacking versatility: Giga Drain, Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb TM, Shadow Ball TM.

+ Great against Keta (field effect), and Valarie.

- Horrible defensive typing, 60/65/105 defenses are horrendous

- Struggles with many late game Gym Leaders (Crawli, Angie, Amber)

528MS.pngSwoobat for B/B+ Rank

+ Available before Gym 1.

+ Great 114 Speed

+ Fantastic Simple ability, easily allowing it to abuse many boosting moves.

+ Good utility in Calm Mind, Amnesia, Rain Dance.

+ Decent movepool: Psychic, Air Slash, Shadow Ball TM, Stored Power (Breed), Charge Beam TM. Endeavor.

+ Can sweep many gyms with one Calm Mind, useful against Venam, Keta, Valarie, Crawli.

- Paper thin 67/55/55 defenses.

- Can do little without any boosts.

- Level up moves leave it with little options.

Edited by TheWaddleDee

• 1 month later...

dodrio.pngDodrio for B Rank

+ Learns a powerful flying move known as Drill Peck

+ Learns some powerful NORMAL Stab moves

+ Can be quite fast

- Can't take hits very well

- Its abilities doesn't support its moves or itself

- Has a limited movepool

- Doesn't learn any good moves after Thrash

- Doesn't get Brave Bird

I would like to reserve Sawsbuck and Parasect.

Also, I hope this thread is active 'cause I find it very helpful.

Edited by Cool Girl

dodrio.pngDodrio for B Rank

+ Learns a powerful flying move known as Peck

+ Learns some powerful NORMAL Stab moves

+ Can be quite fast

- Can't take hits very well

- Its abilities doesn't support its moves or itself

- Has a limited movepool

- Doesn't learn any good moves after Thrash

- Doesn't get Brave Bird

I would like to reserve Sawsbuck and Parasect.

Also, I hope this thread is active 'cause I find it very helpful.

Just to verify, I think you mean Drill Peck, not the move named Peck, correct?

Casual bump.

Bouffalant for A rank.

Pros:

+Amazing Bulk

+High attack and access to megahorn and SD. Can be taught the facade TM you have lying around too.

+Pretty good movepool so move tutor/relearner is amazing for it.

+Gets Sap Sipper.

+Going with above, it is available right before the grass leader and gets megahorn so it is basically viable as soon as you get it and many times afterwards.

Cons:

-Low speed

-Normal type so not a whole lot of STAB

-Lack of TM's at time of being obtained and being forced to move tutor/relearn some of its better moves is a very notable con.

I would hereby like to nominate Sawsbuck for C+. A Pokemon of average qualities with average utility, and here's why.

+ EARLY availability. Right after Gym #1, if memory serves.

+ Normal/Grass is an interesting typing, leading to few resistances but many weaknesses. However, Ghost immunity and the resistances of Grass make this deer a good check to weaker Water and Ground types.

+ Two very nice abilities. Sap Sipper blanks Grass attacks whilst boosting your already good Attack stat, whilst Chlorophyll turns you into a monster under the Sun. Serene Grace is great and all, but not the right movepool outside of Bounce, which is currently unavailable. Perhaps the addition of Slash And Burn in V8 will help this out.

- Relatively late evolution, given it's only a two stage evolution, so you'll be stuck with Deerling until Level 34. Awkward.

- 80/70/70 bulk isn't great, but it's certainly passable. Enough to take a hit and nuke something back

+ Speaking of that Nuke, let's talk 100 base attack with 95 base speed. Not too shabby!

+ Movepool is interesting. Megahorn through Heart Scale if you care, Jump Kick, Double Edge, Horn Leech, Leech Seed, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Agility(breed), Baton Pass(Breed), and Nature Power. Those are some of the more notable ones, but the power IS there.

- With that said, it takes a while to get Double Edge. Level 52. Yikes! Your best Normal STAB for most of the game will be Facade, but once you get Double-Edge, Sawsbuck turns into an absolute powerhouse. Of note, however, is that with the addition of Return once you have access to West Gearen you have a weaker but less suicidal Normal STAB. Power or longevity, the choice is yours.

+ All in all, a solid overall choice. There are better Pokemon, and there are worse Pokemon. Don't be afraid to give it a shot, you'd be surprised how strong it can be.

- It really needs some of the stronger TMs like Swords Dance and Thunder Wave to truly shine(Yes it gets TWave. Why? Who knows)

Editted to have Pros with + and Cons with -, rip.

Edited by Ssbmfreak36

Swampert for A- Rank.

+ The entire Swampert family has solid bulk for where they're used. (50/50/50 -> 70/70/70 -> 100/90/90). The well-rounded stats allows it to work with many natures.

+ Water/Ground typing leaves it with one weakness only, allowing it to take neutral hits against a lot of Pokemon.

+ Learns the coveted Protect, Rock Slide, Earthquake and Hammer Arm from leveling up (Hammer Arm can also be relearned, if you need it before Level 63)

+ Useful against a lot of gyms, as its moves counter many normally-dangerous Pokemon by exploiting their 4x weakness. Not to mention Marshtomp gets Protect at Level 32, walling Marianette's Slaking completely.

+ Can be bred Curse from Bidoof/Bibarel, which is an incredible setup move.
- Waterfall is unobtainable as of V8, forcing Swampert to use Surf for Water STAB.

- Rather lackluster in the early game without Earthquake.

- Near-useless against Keta, due to the terrain making Gale Strike a Grass-type move.
* Available as a starter. (This counts as both a Pro and a Con)

Edited by IntSys

I would hereby like to nominate Sawsbuck for C+. A Pokemon of average qualities with average utility, and here's why.

- EARLY availability. Right after Gym #1, if memory serves.

- Normal/Grass is an interesting typing, leading to few resistances but many weaknesses. However, Ghost immunity and the resistances of Grass make this deer a good check to weaker Water and Ground types.

- Two very nice abilities. Sap Sipper blanks Grass attacks whilst boosting your already good Attack stat, whilst Chlorophyll turns you into a monster under the Sun. Serene Grace is great and all, but not the right movepool outside of Bounce, which is currently unavailable. Perhaps the addition of Slash And Burn in V8 will help this out.

- Relatively late evolution, given it's only a two stage evolution, so you'll be stuck with Deerling until Level 34. Awkward.

- 80/70/70 bulk isn't great, but it's certainly passable. Enough to take a hit and nuke something back

- Speaking of that Nuke, let's talk 100 base attack with 95 base speed. Not too shabby!

- Movepool is interesting. Megahorn through Heart Scale if you care, Jump Kick, Double Edge, Horn Leech, Leech Seed, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Agility(breed), Baton Pass(Breed), and Nature Power. Those are some of the more notable ones, but the power IS there.

- With that said, it takes a while to get Double Edge. Level 52. Yikes! Your best Normal STAB for most of the game will be Facade, but once you get Double-Edge, Sawsbuck turns into an absolute powerhouse.

- All in all, a solid overall choice. There are better Pokemon, and there are worse Pokemon. Don't be afraid to give it a shot, you'd be surprised how strong it can be.

- It really needs some of the stronger TMs like Swords Dance and Thunder Wave to truly shine(Yes it gets TWave. Why? Who knows)

I'm just pointing out that it might be a good idea to use the + for pros and - for cons instead of always using -s to make your rankings more clear, but I'm just putting it out there :P

Also, @Pyrrhon (Idk how to quote multiple people in one post, so I have to do that) I'd like to point out that we don't really know if Bouffalant is viable after the grass leader, as the episode basically ends right after you beat the grass leader. Just saying.

And I'd also just like to say that (I'm just saying a lot of minor things to make the rankings a bit better lol):

TM Return is now available on that little grass path from the West Gearen news station to the place where you can steal the fossil in the museum

Edited by BananananaK

(Idk how to quote multiple people in one post, so I have to do that)

You can hit the Quote button on multiple posts. The quoted texts will automatically pop in the Posting box below.

Also, @Pyrrhon (Idk how to quote multiple people in one post, so I have to do that) I'd like to point out that we don't really know if Bouffalant is viable after the grass leader, as the episode basically ends right after you beat the grass leader. Just saying.

To refute this point, yes it has only been one episode, but we have already gotten the ghost and fighting leaders out of the way. Therefore, the only real threats to a bouffalant at this point would be an upcoming steel leader and maybe a mon that carries fighting coverage. The fact that you listed that Return is available may only make it more viable too tbh >u>

Asking if a mon won't be viable at this point in the game is pretty odd, as we're basically right at the halfway point. Not to mention Bouffalant is one of those pokemon that's known for being pretty good in main games, and is usually only hindered by how late you get it. That isn't the case here. Soon as v9 rolls around, it's either going to stay at a predicted A rank or drop down to say, B/B+ Just my thoughts though.

Stoutland is definitely getting a bump, now that Return is available. A? A-?

Meanwhile, Flash Cannon is finally available, making Vanilluxe a bit more viable (80BP Special Steel-type that can drop Sp. Def? Hell yes.)

also how did nobody catch that vanillite line actually learns mirror shot and not flash cannon by level-up

Tropius really shouldn't be in B; Earthquake isn't in game yet, neither is Outrage. Aerial Ace you can get only after Amber, and you're stuck with Air Slash for a while. For Dragon Dance, you need to roll an Axew with the jackpot machine. Not to mention the bad typing and not great defenses. It should be somewhere in C or C+.

Stoutland is definitely getting a bump, now that Return is available. A? A-?

Meanwhile, Flash Cannon is finally available, making Vanilluxe a bit more viable (80BP Special Steel-type that can drop Sp. Def? Hell yes.)

also how did nobody catch that vanillite line actually learns mirror shot and not flash cannon by level-up

Also has to bump Empoleon more. Access to the other STAB move that benefits its stats! Finally! We're basically one Ice TM away from a very good movepool, so we may need to reevaluate the penguin.

Staraptor isn't on there, I think it should be A

+ Gets great moves in: Close Combat, Brave Bird, Final Gambit, Take Down, and Double-Edge (Egg Move)
+ Gets the ability Reckless, which goes very well with its moveset.
+ Obtainable right after Gym #4
+ 120 Attack, and 100 Speed go well together.
+ Can kill most Pokemon with 1-2 Double-Edges, or Brave Birds.

+ Does pretty well in every gym, except Erick's.
- Very Frail, 85/70/60
- Only obtainable through luck.

- Reckless makes you deal more damage with recoil attacks, which makes you take more recoil.

Edited by BitFree

• 2 weeks later...

I think Trevenant should be pushed up to A for something that wasn't mentioned for him - Destiny Bond. Quick Claw or Prankster Screens from Meowstic let you beat any 1 Pokemon boss in the game, it was how I beat Kyogre/Groudon and some other bosses. Even for hard gym battles you're generally bulky enough to survive 1 hit and Destiny Bond to take out a threat.

Z2NMRac.png

Here's a minus for Clefable: Cleffa is basically the rarest encounter on that Route.

It took me a lot of Sweet Scent abuse. I've found a whole ton of Drowzee, a bunch of Pansear, Pidove, Oddish and Bidoof, as well as about 4 Chingling and 6 Munna by the time I found a single Cleffa.

I think it's also a nocturnal Pokemon? Considering there are different Pokemon during morning and day, and that I have found a Swirlix at daytime, probably.

• 1 month later...

B+ for Ditto

+ Interesting ability of Imposter. It can makes the game fun enough by reading opponent's moves for you and help you experience DEMON or MEGA pokemons, or leaders' custom moves.

+ Any Ditto with an Imposter is great. You needn't select moves and train EVs for it. It really help saving time, but be sure to keep a high level.

+ A very great solution of Amber. Use a Flash-Fire Helping Hand Growlith (obtainable in Gearen Helping Center) and an Imposter Ditto(on the right position) can Easily beat him with his Typhlosion.

+ Will be useful when you need breeding.

+ Only in Rejuvenation, a Ditto always moves faster than its target if it transformed.

- Relatively late (gain access to Tarajuma Shore).

- Embarrasing when meet some opponents.

Swoobat from B+ to A

+ Double-Team increases 2 levels of Evasion makes it very easy to setup.

+ Although defenses are low, it is not difficult to endure special moves by Calm Mind.

+ You can get Stored Power Natu early, so it is easy to get a Stored Power Swoobat although it's an Egg Move.

+ Stored Power is very easy to sweep Gyms after Calm Mind, Double-Team and Call (2 levels of accuracy).

- Only ONE X-Defense can be picked up. So use it carefully!