Pokemon Rejuvenation Viability Rankings 3.0 [Community WIP]

Lord Chespin

Ninjask: C

+160 Base Speed

+Access to Speed Boost, Swords Dance, and Baton Pass make it an ideal partner for physical attackers or even special attackers that just need an increase in speed

-Dismal defenses

-There are better attackers out there...

Available after Valerie

EDIT: Derp Detect is on my Yanmega, not Protect on my Ninjask...

Edited by Drymus

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Drymus (sorry, mobile) Do we have the Protect TM? iirc, that's the only way to get Protect on Ninjask.

Might as well get some of the suck-y early stuff out of the way. You can now cross out my reservation.

400MS.pngBibarel (C Rank)

+ Available before Gym 1, Venam, as a wild Pokemon.

+ Simple is pretty useful for boosting stats, and Unaware is decent for any opponents who try stat raising.

+ Decent movepool: Rollout, Super Fang, Superpower, Surf, etc. actually are some very nice attacks. Yawn is a great status inflicter, as well.

+ Best HM slave, plus Headbutt!

+ A helpful Immunity to Ghost.

- Mediocre stats without using boosting moves, and it's too slow for an evolved Pokemon. Lackluster Attacks and no boosts for Special Attack. You honestly just want to stick to the utility set.

- Many better Water types and Normal types out there.

- Simple is a two way street, due to stat drops.

457MS.pngLumineon (D Rank)

+ Swift Swim is decent for Rain Dance support.

+ Surf, Aqua Ring, and Silver Wind are handy moves.

+ Available before Venam.

+ Pure water type means only two weaknesses.

+ One of the earliest Pokemon to learn Rain Dance. This is the only reason to consider Lumineon, and the only reason why it's not E Rank.

- After Marianette, there's a lot more better Water types.

- Lumineon's stats aren't the best; the only one standing out is Speed.

- No good TMs or Tutors like Tailwind for Lumineon. Many of its decent moves come from breeding, in addition.

- Absolutely terrible late game, especially because...

- The TM for Rain Dance is available, so every Water type and support Pokemon outclasses it (i.e. Greninja, Ludicolo, Meowstic).

162MS.pngFurret (D Rank)

+ Available before Gym 1, Venam, as a Wild Pokemon.

+ Has Run Away, great for when you don't have any Repels, or Frisk, useful for when you're trying to get wild Pokemon's held items.

+ You can make use of Furret by giving it HMs Rock Smash, Cut, and Surf.

+ Covet + Frisk is a nice combination that sets it aside from every better HM slave, although you do have to breed Covet...

+ Decent Speed and HP, and somewhat decent Attack.

+ Ghost Immunity is nice, although Furret isn't meant to be offensive...

- Defenses and Special Attack kinda suck, so you can't even utilize Furret's huge movepool.

- Kinda sucks for most Gym battles except maybe Venam and Narcissa (but even then, there are better Normal Pokemon like Raticate...)

505MS.pngWatchog (E Rank)

+ Available before Venam, wild.

+ Okayish Attack and some decent moves like Hyper Fang, Crunch, Super Fang, Hypnosis, and Confuse Ray.

+ Analytic is usable with that meh Speed.

+ Ghost Immunity is nice... I guess?

- Terrible Defenses, and for an offensive Pokemon, bad Speed.

- Unless you want to grind, will not be evolving before Venam, and is dead weight against Keta. From there, Watchog just keeps sucking.

- Outclassed by literally every other Normal type out there EVEN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. Raticate gets all of its physical moves and is faster, Bibarel learns more HM moves, Noctowl is a better Hypnosis user, etc.

- Oh, and that design is really creepy.

Okay, I think I got everything so far. Sorry for the wait; I had school today, and I'm doing this from a school computer.

Also, I'd like to add a Ranking of my own, based on my playthrough so far:

697MS.pngTyrantrum (A Rank)

+ Great Physical Attack and Defense, as well as decent speed

+ Gets the coveted Rock Head + Head Smash, doing massive damage with no recoil

+ Great movepool alongside Head Smash: Dragon Claw as a secondary STAB, Crunch and Earthquake as coverage moves, Stealth Rock for utility, and rock polish and outrage from breeding

+ Surprisingly good typing, giving it an advantage against the new gym

- Obtained very late in the game, after most of the story

- Bad special defense, undermining its otherwise solid bulk

- its most spammable move, Head Smash, only has 5 PP

- You have to steal its fossil to get it, and no one likes a thief

Edited by Lord Chespin

Sharpedo For A-

+120 Attack :)

+Aqua jet stab priority, Crunch Dark Stab, Eventually waterfall for pure damage stab and poison fang to troll fairy types

+Speed Boost

+VERY useful in Natasia (Ghost Gym)

+Mega Grants Insane Stats and Strong Jaw for Ubsurd damage

-Mega isn't implemented yet (mega-sharpedo isn't the best, we might get it before the postgame)

-At 70/40/40 Sharpedo is not living unless its resisted

-Can't deal with Physical Walls

Shedinja at C+

+Wonderguard Best Ability in the entire existence of Pokemon, hands down (no one better say sheer force or huge power or magic

guard is better)

+Shadow Sneak Priority And X-Scissor Stab, hone claws for powerup

+Can Litterally Invalidate Certain Battles Example *Kyogre*

-1 HP

-Many Weaknesses

-Common Weaknesses

-Low Speed

Slaking For B+

+Greater Stats then most legendaries And Pseudo-Legends at 670 base stat total, Slacking is a fucking MONSTER

+160 Base Attack, like, are you serious, THAT FUCKING INSANE

+100 base Speed, with the name slak, in your name, your really fucking fast

+Decent Learnset

+Reliable Recovery

+Defense Is 150/100/65, Like, jesus christ

+Body Slam through breeding = RIP everyone, also slash for RIP Crits

+Tutor moves are Insane, Gunk shot, Elemental punches

-Worst ability in all of Pokemon, Truant (you can't act every second turn)

+Yet because of truant, when we get giga-Impast (RIP Life) there is no drawback to using it as you would wait a turn anyway

-Can't handle special attack all too well, but gets amnesia

Weavile For A-

+base 120 Attack And 125 speed

+Priority in Ice Shard, Icicle Crash for damage

-Not sure if you can evolve Sneasel yet

-no tutor yet, no knock off

Volcarona For A++ (Not Quite S, but still insanely good)

+135 Special Attack, 105 Special Defense, 100 Speed

+Access To Best setup move in all Pokemon bar shell-smash, Quiver dance

+Can learn Fiery-Dance And Q-Dance through Relearn, Fiery-Dance has a 50% chance too boost special attack when used and is 80/100 and Q-Dance Boosts Speed, Special Attack, And Special Defense By 1 every time its used

+Bug Buzz For Bug Stab

+1 Q-Dance Grants Volcarona the potential to Sweep any and everything put in-front of her, Bar Kyogre And Groudon (But you wont have a Volcarona at those points in the game)

+Pokemon Incarnation of the god whom controls the sun

+Enemies run in fear when she is released apon the world

+Relative power can be summed up with this Song ((

) Remove this if video links are not allowed)

+Can possibly use silver-wind to RNG roll a 6 stat 1-stage boost, essentially make her even more godlike

+Can Get Recovery Move through Breeding

-Very Very Very Late Evolution

-Can't deal with rock types

-Probably Will not help in amber's gym if you got her by then

695.gifHeliolisk ( B+ / A- )

+ Obtainable very early! (Before Venam)

+ Pretty strong when first obtainable.

+ Nice Speed to snipe opponents.

+ Nice immunity to Ghost and Water (Dry Skin)

+ OUTSTANDING versus Valarie.

+ Has a use in every Gym. Some are just iffy.

- Below average move-pool before access to certain TMs.

- Frail so be sure that you out-speed your opponent.

- Learns Thunderbolt at Level 49 as a Helioptile. It is worth the wait though in my opinion.

272.gifLudicolo (A-)

+ Available semi-early. (Before Narcissa)

+ Absolute BEAST in the Rain

+ Access to Nature Power which helps in many Boss Battle.

+ Mist allows Ludicolo to transform the Field into Misty Terrain.

+ Giga Drain is easily breed-able.

+ Naturally learns Hydro Pump.

+ Crawli's "Rain" actually helps.

+ Grass/Water Typing nets Ludicolo many useful resists.

+ Due to the point that is is ontainable, you could get throgh all of Lombre's moveset with a little help from Reverse Candies.

- Pretty limited move-pool but its enough to work with.

- Requires Rain to be at its best.

- Below average Special Attack and Speed in the absence of Rain, however, Ludicolo's strong moves counter this.

365MS.pngStallrein for B Rank

+ Relatively diverse movepool with: Crunch (Relearn), Swagger, Encore, Body Slam, Rest, TM Rain Dance, Blizzard, Sheer Cold, Aqua Ring (breed), Curse (breed), Stockpile (breed), Yawn (breed), and HM Surf

+ Sheer Cold is especially a niche choice if you want to overlevel Walrein and try your luck. In addition, its supportive movepool includes Swagger, Encore, Rain Dance, Hail, and Yawn, which are somewhat useful (Swagger, Rain Dance, and Yawn especially).

+ Thick Fat is great to make up for an Ice/Fire weakness (if one of your Pokemon is weak to Ice/Fire). Ice Body is somewhat usable since Walrein naturally learns Hail, so it can be a Leftovers for 5-8 turns.

+ Impressive bulk with 110/90/90, plus Curse / Stockpile to boost it.

+ 80 base Attack and 95 base Special Attack means while it is not the greatest offensive Pokemon, it sure makes a dent in opponents with Ice being a great offensive type.

+ It's one of the few Pokemon that learn Blizzard via leveling up for removing ever annoying Amber's field. Thick Fat and Rain Dance/Hail also works well against her, as Walrein now resists Fire type moves and can change the Weather.

- Fairly late - before Angie, Gym 7.

- For a defensive typing, Walrein is terrible. It gets 4 weaknesses and only three Resistances if you have Thick Fat.

- 65 base Speed isn't very nice, although it gets a pass for being more of a wall, I guess.

- Aqua Ring, Ice Body, and Rest are its only ways of healing itself. This isn't such a bad thing, but Aqua Ring requires using up a moveslot (and breeding), Ice Body requires Hail, and Rest forces you to fall asleep. You'd probably use Healing Items instead.

- Fairly few attacks besides Crunch, Ice STAB (probably Blizzard), Water STAB (probably Surf), and Signal Beam from breeding.

- Can't really do too much against Angie besides taking out Aurorus/Mamoswine, nor can it do much to the new Electric Leader.

- No Substitute + Protect stalling with Ice Body and Hail, nor Toxic. Its stalling capabilities are somewhat limited.

Gonna throw this out there.

Gardevoir from A to A+

This is pretty much speaking from personal experience and playing it very smartly in the early and mid game. It isn't really a beast until it gets Calm Mind, and that combined with Draining Kiss makes it a self-sufficient tank pretty much if you have a Potion or 2.

I got this lucky lady as my starter and haven't looked back ever since Keta. I may have overleveled it to Gardevoir vs Keta, but the impact was HUGE. Pretty much every Leader from Keta to Val as well as other key battles so far hath faced the wrath of CM Gardy either singlehandedly sweeping or chunking out crucial players. Even NARCISSA couldn't stand eating up Psychic/Draining Kisses from a Gardy with CM boosts that softened some of her key attackers.

Despite the horrid physical defense, I think it'd make a solid A+ mon.

Noivern for A rank

+Really good base stats 97 special attack 123 base speed

+Air Slash+King's Rock flinching cheese or silk scarf boomburst for pure damage

+Super fang makes catching pokemon a lot easier and can severely weaken legendary pokemon

+Completely wreck Crawli

+decent defense stats, will live from the Rotom-wash HP ice although rather badly

-Takes a while to evolve from a noibat with horrible stats

-It is a pokemon used more so for the later half of the game

Updated. Also, Anti-Fern, you might need a little more research and polish on your suggestions. For example, is Weavile even available? Should Slaking really be so high up with a horrendous ability in Truant? Should Megas be considered yet even though we can't currently use Mega Evolution?

Wait.. How is metagross available?

The only time he was available is in shadow form which can't be puritfied in normal way. The only time he could be purified is a gltich, which don't work anymore.

So getting metagross is impossible unless someone can explain how to get one.

I went through all my unimplemented posted Mons, polished them, removed weavile (thought you could get it) and now here they are for realzies this time (i also fixed slaking's rank i meant C++ not B++

Also another note, i would stand to change one of noiverns things

Kings rock doesn't work in conjunction with airslash

Sharpedo For A-

+120 Attack :)

+Aqua jet stab priority, Crunch Dark Stab, Eventually waterfall for pure damage stab and poison fang to troll fairy types

+Speed Boost, Insanely useful

+VERY useful in Natasia's(Or whatever her name is's Ghost Gym)

+Mega Grants Insane Stats and Strong Jaw for Ubsurd damage

-Mega isn't implemented yet (mega-sharpedo isn't the best, we might get it before the postgame)

-At 70/40/40 Sharpedo is not living unless its resisted

-Can't deal with Physical Walls

Shedinja at C

+Wonderguard Best Ability in the entire existence of Pokemon, hands down (no one better say sheer force or huge power or magic

guard is better)

+Shadow Sneak Priority And X-Scissor Stab, hone claws for powerup

+Can Litterally Invalidate Certain Battles Example *Kyogre*

-1 HP

-Many Weaknesses

-Common Weaknesses

-Low Speed

-Is not useful in many other fights

Slaking For C++ (Not Quite B- but close) (Accidentally put B+ the first time)

+Greater Stats then most legendaries And Pseudo-Legends at 670 base stat total, Slacking is (Almost) a fucking MONSTER

+160 Base Attack, like, are you serious, THAT FUCKING INSANE

+100 base Speed, with the name slak, in your name, your really fucking fast

+Decent Learnset

+Reliable Recovery

+Defense Is 150/100/65, Like, jesus christ

+Body Slam through breeding = RIP everyone, also slash for RIP Crits

+ Will Get Insane tutor moves, Gunk shot, Elemental punches

-(This Counts as Three cons in one) Worst ability in all of Pokemon, Truant (you can't act every second turn)

+Yet because of truant, when we get giga-Impast (RIP Life) there is no drawback to using it as you would wait a turn anyway

-Can't handle special attack all too well, but gets amnesia

Volcarona For A (Would be A+, but you only get access to level 59 at like Post Angie's gym)

+135 Special Attack, 105 Special Defense, 100 Speed

+Access To Best setup move in all Pokemon bar shell-smash, Quiver dance

+Can learn Fiery-Dance And Q-Dance through Relearn, Fiery-Dance has a 50% chance to boost special attack when used and is 80/100 and Q-Dance Boosts Speed, Special Attack, And Special Defense By 1 every time its used

+Bug Buzz For Bug Stab

+1 Q-Dance Grants Volcarona the potential to Sweep any and everything put in-front of her, Bar Kyogre And Groudon (But you wont have a Volcarona at those points in the game)

+Can possibly use silver-wind to RNG roll a 6 stat 1-stage boost, essentially make her even more Powerfull

+Can Get Recovery Move through Breeding

-Very Very Very Late Evolution

-Can't deal with rock types

-Probably Will not help in amber's gym if you got her by then

Edited by The Anti-Fern

Wait.. How is metagross available?

The only time he was available is in shadow form which can't be puritfied in normal way. The only time he could be purified is a gltich, which don't work anymore.

So getting metagross is impossible unless someone can explain how to get one.

There's a book in the new library in Gearen City that tells you how to do it. Basically, you need to have all the chambers on the Purity Chambers at max tempo. You can easily do this by putting all normal-type Pokemon in the machine.

Also, updated the list with The Anti-Fern's new batch of suggestions. I edited a few of them; I hope you don't mind.

Mismagius (A-) (By Biboo & Me)

+ Available before Gym 1, Venam, as a repeatable event.

+ Levitate is the only choice of Ability, but a Ground Immunity is nice to add on with the Fighting and Normal Immunity. This also means Migmagius is a suitable partner for an Earthquaker in Doubles.

+ A nice special movepool to go along with Mismagius' nice Special Attack and Speed: Shadow Ball, Magical Leaf (Relearn), Power Gem. Mystical Fire (Relearn), Perish Song, Destiny Bond (Breed), Nasty Plot (Breed), Pain Split.

+ A great Special Defense.

+ Useful for Narcissa, if you outspeed. In addition, Perish Song/Destiny Bond can take out some bosses.

+ Nice Speed for OHKOing opponents who are weak to its Moves.

- Terrible Defense and HP...

- You have to get the moves you want on Misdreavus before evolving it, since some moves aren't available due to evolution by stone. In addition, many of Mismagius' offensive moves are available only by relearning.

Also, I'd rec. Typhlosion to A+ due to the sheer power and early availability of Eruption. Breaks one of the hardest battles in the game and is very useful for every Gym minus Valarie honestly.

You can get Swinub already in Blacksteeple, unless V7 removed it (unlikely). It is rather rare, though.
Also, Sleep Powder + Giga Drain + Moonlight ((+ Acid) on Vileplume takes out almost all of Valerie's pokemon without healing items, especially if you have Stealth Rock support or okay EV's/IV's (Seriously, it only died to Milotic's Ice Beam) suggest maxing out its HP to tuck a mon in with more certainty. Quick Claw works like a charm on it, too, if Sleep powder.

Basically, everything with Sleep Powder is so useful in this game (and Vileplume can tank a heavy hit if trained well, so you can tip the battle in your favour).

666MS.pngVivillon for B+ or A- Rank

+ Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder + Hurricane is an already amazing gift. Having Quiver Dance makes Vivillon even better.

+ Available before Venam.

+ It also gets some other nice moves for the earlier game like Psybeam, Struggle Bug, Protect, and Draining Kiss. Bug Buzz is also a nice STAB. Vivillon also gets some decent support moves like Safeguard, Light Screen, Aromatherapy, and TM Rain Dance, although it's best to leave that job for another Pokemon.

+ Base 89 SpA and 90 Speed are only somewhat okayish, but, again, Quiver Dance boosts these stats to amazing levels.

+ Compound Eyes also has the benefit of boosting the chance of wild Pokemon holding Items (if they can), like Lunatone's Moon Stone.

+ Psybeam can help against both Venam and Keta, and Crawli is easy if you can get a Quiver Dance off, as you just need to spam Hurricane for the most part. Sleep Powder also is helpful for those bosses like Dimensional Rift Gyarados.

- Base 80/50/50 Defenses are absolutely terrible. If by chance your opponent is faster, meaning you can't get a Sleep Powder off, bye bye Vivillon.

- Quiver Dance and Hurricane are extremely late, from level 45 - 50.

- Outclassed by Volcarona, although you may not be able to get it from the Mystery Egg.

- It can't do much against Marianette, Narcissa, or Valerie besides maybe getting some Sleep Powders off. In addition, Angie, Amber, and the new Electric Leader can simply crush it to pieces.

Also, I'd rec. Typhlosion to A+ due to the sheer power and early availability of Eruption. Breaks one of the hardest battles in the game and is very useful for every Gym minus Valarie honestly

I agree, tbh. You can get Eruption around Marianette, and Typhlosion is just a nuke from there on out. The only reason why I brought it down was because somebody said that Typhlosion couldn't get Eruption till Angie and should be moved down, which was false.

700.pngSylveon (A- to A Rank)

+ Pixilate is an amazing Ability, and Cute Charm is also usable.

+ A decent movepool: Skill Swap, Draining Kiss, Quick Attack, Misty Terrain, Light Screen, Last Resort, Trump Card, TM Shadow Ball, Wish (Breed), Yawn (Breed)

+ Pixilate Trump Card with low PP is a huge nuke, and Pixilate Last Resort is a little weaker, but doesn't require you to use up as much PP. In addition, Skill Swap is interesting because you can take away opponents' Abilities to weaken them and buff yourself, such as Ren's Prankster Sableye. This makes Sylveon usable for many battles, from Marianette up.

+ Also, Sylveon resists Keta's Pokemon and can hurt them with a Pixilate Swift.

+ Amazing Special Attack and Special Defense, as well as Decent HP.
+ Resistance to all Shadow Pokemon, so you don't have to worry about them damaging you as much.

- Available only by Jackpot or before Gym 9.

- It's hard to fight Venam with.

- Despite that good HP, Defense is terrible.

- Fairly slow.

Vanilluxe (B to B+)

+Available before Keta.

+An Ice-type with great Sp. Atk. Learns Blizzard later on; a move that can really help against Zetta and Geara double battle due to fact that it transforms the battlefield. Can also prove useful against Amber if you keep her from taking Vanilluxe down.

+If you have a Heart Scale to spare, Vanilluxe can be taught Freeze-Dry. It's a bit weaker than Ice Beam, but has double the PP, the same freeze chance, and is SE on Water, which can be useful against Valarie.

+Hail can be used to both damage enemy and regenerate HP because of Ice Body. It also makes Blizzard a sure hit.

+Will-O-Wisp is great. While not as potent as Toxic in terms of damage, it halves Attack of Pokemon that don't have Guts or use Facade, helping this piece of Ice survive physical attacks longer.

-It's an Ice-type, so defensively speaking, there are better. 71/85/95 bulk isn't THAT bad, though.

-Most of the moves it learns right now are Ice-type. There's Weather Ball, Flash Cannon and Uproar among the exceptions.

-Relatively slow evolution. By the time you'd get starters to final stage, this thing would just recently evolve to second stage.

-Only available as Shadow Pokemon.

inb4 someone challenges my two rankings. which is fine, since I am not really that great at making these.

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

Meowstic (F) For B Rank

+ Can be obtained before Gym One
+ Has type advantage over first two gyms
+ Can have competitive as a hidden ability, which makes it a special attack power house
+ Can learn Shadow Ball, which will annihilate ghost types

+ With a speed nature, can out speed many opponents
- Is terrible defensively, making dark types the bane of their existence
- Requires a lot of time and patience to get (Voltorb Flip)
- Needs to get to level twenty five before learning a decent psychic move

It might be a good idea to not have Metagross, as while you can get a shadow Beldum, it cannot be purified by any method. Just sayin.

There's a book in the new library in Gearen City that tells you how to do it. Basically, you need to have all the chambers on the Purity Chambers at max tempo. You can easily do this by putting all normal-type Pokemon in the machine.

Also, updated the list with The Anti-Fern's new batch of suggestions. I edited a few of them; I hope you don't mind.

Tropius for B-

+Get the abilities Harvest and Chlorophyll.
+Defensive wise his stats aren't bad; 99/83/87 in HP, Defense and Sp.Def. All you need is some Sitrus Berry and you have a Wall.
+You can also make him a Physical Attacker with Dragon Dance(Breeding), Aerial Ace, Leaf Blade(Breeding), Outrage(Move Tutor), Earthquake...
+Able to hold his own against Erick's Team but be careful about his Electivire.
+Able to do the wombo combo with the help of Harvest(Sub+Dragon Dance).
-Available only after the 8th gym (?).
-There is better Grass Types out there.
-Get a total of 5 weaknesses.
-Learn his best moves via Breeding, TM and Move Tutor.
-Low Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed 68/72/51.
-Needs to set up in order to achieve his Final Form.

Mawile for B

+Intimidate and Sheer Force are amazing abilities

+Sucker Punch makes up for its speed

+naturally learns Iron Head and Play Rough for stab and possible boost with Sheer Force

+Can take physical hits fairly well

-It is slow

-Lacks special defense

-when it isn't in a type favorable matchup it may win but it will tend to live only 1-2 more battles

-no mega currently

-If running intimidate it can have trouble killing

036.gifClefable (A+)

+ Available early (Route 2).

+ Fairy Typing is advantageous against many Gym Battles.

+ Although it doesn't need it, Clefable has a wide compatibility with TMs.

+ Onto the main course, Cosmic Power + Stored Power is simply overpowered in almost all of the fights that it could be used in.

+ The combo above is usable by the Third Gym.

+ Relivable recovery through Moonlight.

+ Cleffa begins with high Base Happiness and Moon Stones are farm-able off of Lunatone.

+ Can change Terrain with Misty Terrain.

+ Immune to Status Moves due to Magic Guard.

- Moonblast is learned at Level 46.

- Below average Stats without Cosmic Power.

- Bad at setting up against Saki and Venam.