[SPOILERS] V7 Discussion/V8 Speculation thread

Zumi

Just finished my second run of Rejuvenation, and I have to say I'm quite impressed. My second run did not go as smoothly as the first run (which also had some trouble), as half my team really sucked up until I replaced them right before Erick. I did do all of the side quests, barring a few event Pokemon this time around though.

I've had quite a bit of fun with the plot, and am looking forward to seeing where it's going.

I wonder how many hours will Shofu be stuck at the Mansion puzzle if he continues playing lol

It's simple math, it's not like it's a really involving puzzle and all you gotta do is run around and find the numbers. Although he's gotten stuck on easier things before...

Edited by Personthing

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think this was possible in Rejuv, im surprised.

Now im glad that i got vivillon.

That being said i had fun playing V7 and im looking forward to V8! :3

I wonder how many hours will Shofu be stuck at the Mansion puzzle if he continues playing lol

so simple yet cruel at the same time O_>

We can probably all agree that unless it's already here in V7 and Jan just hid it, we're getting strength in V8. Beating Erick literally gives you the ability to use strength out of battle, and in Wispy Ruins there is a door that takes 9 badges that required strength to get to. I'm even assuming it might be literally right after we leave the gym, since it's so clearly gonna happen.

Edit: I'd also like to add, Angie's pet is

Regice. I literally just finished that bit of the Angie scene then Googled legendary Pokemon cries, and Regice was an incredibly obvious parallel when I heard it. Arceus did kinda sound similar, but I'm still quite sure it was Regice.

Edited by BananananaK

I didnt think this was possible in Rejuv, im surprised.

Now im glad that i got vivillon.

That being said i had fun playing V7 and im looking forward to V8! :3

I pretty much did that with my gardevoir he sent out his electross and kept spamming knock off even though I didn't have an item anymore. So I just set up calm minds and healed and blew through his entire team.

V7 is great! Good job, Jan! Between our business with team Xen, the mysterious disappearance of Grand Dream City citizen, Angie's revival, curing Aelita from the curse, and the side-quest story-line continuation, we can expect v8 will contain more contents unless they're made in separated episodes. Either way, rejuvenation is getting better for each version. Love to see this game getting more and more polished ^^

No one talked about Spector but is it possible that he is the spiritual healer that is possibly capable of curing Aelita? I'm looking forward for his role in the future along with other reserve leader... As for Madame X, I'm suspicious that she is Maria and that's why Nastasia (Anastasia) is her right hand. As for Melia, maybe she is another clone like Zeta?

Also for the four lights not born from human, well I just realized that not born from human does not mean they are not human. Being a clone make you possible (perhaps) to be "not born fro human". OK, this is nonsense..I dunno..this is getting more interesting...

Edited by PhantomBima

Did anyone else think Erick was too easy? Might have just been me.

i found him incredibly hard on normal might have just been my team, as for my thoughts i found this game really fun and challenging as well as annoying (looks at angie with really mad expression) cant wait for E8 when it appears wonndering if we will get to leaders to battle. the increased level cap will be handy since we'll have both angie and team zen to deal with in grand dream city

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

I think maybe we actually won't be going to Grand Dream City in V8 and it'll be saved for V9 for two reasons

1) It was said this version is one of the shorter ones. Grand Dream City has been hyped up as a really big city/key location in Aevium

2) The teaser for V8 ended with someone saying to stop the train, maybe implying there'll be a delay and we have to take care of some problem that comes up, then we can get on the train again and head to GDC.

No one talked about Spector but is it possible that he is the spiritual healer that is possibly capable of curing Aelita? I'm looking forward for his role in the future along with other reserve leader...

It's pretty possible, yeah. What I'm more interested in though is how the Young Narcissa will react to him. With the request in West Gearen ending with her running off to find Goldenleaf Town, and Spector being the new reserve leader, I am foreseeing an interesting sidequest for that in V8.

I was just pondering about this today while replaying Rejuv; but..

Could Braixen be related to Gardevoir in a way? Or at least.. have some weird similarity? That's really offshoot, but..

In the Hidden Shack, where Braixen is first initially found, there's an old book that when you interact, is titled "How to survive Domestic and Emotional Abuse.", issued to a woman named Anthea.

While it is spelled as Anthea, that could be a mistake, or the events may not be related in the first place. idk. @@

Whoa- Hold on, where and what is that hidden shack? I've never heard of it o.o

• Global Mods

Whoa- Hold on, where and what is that hidden shack? I've never heard of it o.o

It's the one in Blacksteeple that Saki leads you to to introduce Braixen. If you don't remember it, it could be that you did the Blacksteeple arc in V5. Blacksteeple was massively changed in V6.

It's the one in Blacksteeple that Saki leads you to to introduce Braixen. If you don't remember it, it could be that you did the Blacksteeple arc in V5. Blacksteeple was massively changed in V6.

Oh THAT hidden shack. I never saw the book in there I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Although this episode was pretty interesting, there were a few things that bothered me (spoiler alert):

-Puzzles that involve you spam clicking every single object in the damn room/building are NOT fun. Also due to my own stupidity, I did not realize that the PC on the second floor was actually needed for entering the code.Maybe an idea to change the design so that it is clearer?

-I was kind of disappointed how easily Anthea was killed, and how easily Vitus turned into Indriad. I was expecting something more over the top, kind of similar with the Radio Tower thing in Goldenleaf Town.

-So now that there's time traveling involved, I hope things will not be messed up too much as these kind of stories tend to because extremely confusing or riddled with plotholes

What I did however like, and what surprisingly has not been mentioned before in this thread, was the friendship/conversations between Melia and Venam. What I really like in this game in contrast with Reborn (or even more the normal pokemon games) is that the side-characters play such a huge role in this game. As every episode passes by, the characters get fleshed out more and more and it really makes me care about them.

Having that said though, I think Erick was a pretty disappointing gym leader. The gym puzzles were pretty easy (and pretty much a ripoff from normal pkmn games), and Erick himself pops up out of nowhere into the story and then minutes later you have to battle him. With other gym leaders, there was a lot more suspense/build up involved as you had to do other stuff before fighting them. Not to mention that the fight was too easy, see my points below.

Set up 2 nice sword dances and spammed outrage with Haxorus, these gym leaders have nothing against sweepers.

This. After using Memento with my Spiritomb, I could easily set up 2 Bulk Ups with my speed boost Blaziken and easily swept her team (on Intense mode). I literally one-shot everything easily, and haven't even seen Ampharos mega-evolve. Yes you could blame me for using that OP chicken, but at least on previous gym battles/difficult battles it was a lot harder to set up on them. He also doesn't have an unfair field effect so that doesn't help him either.

As much as I hate them, I think there should be more double battles in the game. These tend to be the more difficult battles, since it is more difficult to set up, and usually the teams have movesets that can hit both targets and that kinda stuff. Although the Geara/Zetta battle was incredibly difficult (my mons were around level 55 or even lower), it feels incredibly satisfying to beat such hard battles hence the reason why I even bother to play on Intense mode.

It is pretty much guarantueed a Dimensional Regice. I mean look at the ruby and saphire pokedex entries.

"REGICE’s body was made during an ice age. The deep-frozen body can’t be melted, even by fire. This POKéMON controls frigid air of minus 328 degrees F."
"REGICE cloaks itself with frigid air of negative 328 degrees F. Things will freeze solid just by going near this POKéMON. Its icy body is so cold, it will not melt even if it is immersed in magma."
The first entry describes pretty well how the houses are being frozen and the second one shows a lot of correlation with the dimensional rift.
Edited by FairFamily

tbh I was hoping Angie would have an Articuno since Amber has a Moltres and Erick has a Zapdos in Intense mode, but the sound is too similar to a Regice :[

Regice must be more of a cannon mon that will stay no matter what Jan changes where as zap and moltres are their because they make the team powerful