Pokemon Se7en Episode 1 official topic (TO BE USED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING)

Tomas Elliot

Since im kinda new to episodical released fangames, how exactly do i update my version? do i just have to download the whole thing again and it still keeps my savefiles? or do i have to do something specific in order to keep them?

Your savefile is stored in an entirely different directory, so yes, just download and play the new version, and the savefile will be there.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your savefile is stored in an entirely different directory, so yes, just download and play the new version, and the savefile will be there.

thanks a ton :)

So after updating i could successfully pick up the parlyz heal and finish the "show me a pokemon" sidequest without crashing. However, now when i talk to the Lady at the Police Station that gives me those sidequests she offers to give me a reward for completing all of them, and then the game crashes every time.

Well but it IS resisted by something, so it is not typeless... You didn't mention Fairy, but that should have been SE on Voodusk, so... I dunno :/

According to Azery there is no such thing as HP Fairy in the game.

I guess it counts as a normal attack which is resisted by steel but for some reason hits ghosts.

• Veterans

According to Azery there is no such thing as HP Fairy in the game.

I guess it counts as a normal attack which is resisted by steel but for some reason hits ghosts.

Try removing HP from Bunnerd and re-adding it. Any changes?

Also for the sidequest thing, I dunno man. You're only supposed to talk to them once..

I got an error after finishing the 4 side quests and going to get the reward at the police station. When I speak with the lady, this bug occurs.

Don't know if it was already reported or not. Sorry if it was.

http://imgur.com/bWd94Qe

Yeah, there IS a note in the OP warning people against police quests, I believe...

As a radom note, you may want to label the various Versions of Se7en so people can discern between them in the file name

You mean like, the name of the folder that you download?

• 3 weeks later...

Where are those Police Station Side quests? I talked to everybody there and can't seem to find it...

Also, the game is awesome and i'm looking foward to play the next episode

P.S. Missereye was a pain for my team

Where are those Police Station Side quests? I talked to everybody there and can't seem to find it...

Also, the game is awesome and i'm looking foward to play the next episode

P.S. Missereye was a pain for my team

More precisely: after getting Mary's badge, a new character (a lass) should appear outside the mall. She is the one you are looking for.

And thanks for your kind words! :D

Well, forcing Struggle via Torment is broken. At least, I'm assuming that's what happened here, against the Drunkard's Voodusk... every turn...

This error appeared every turn after Torment was used, between deducting PP from selected move and removing move selection from view.

oNfcI.jpg

I... do not know if this is 1.5, or the previous release; I downloaded it 11/30, but am not sure if that occurred before or after the OP update.

Well, forcing Struggle via Torment is broken. At least, I'm assuming that's what happened here, against the Drunkard's Voodusk... every turn...

This error appeared every turn after Torment was used, between deducting PP from selected move and removing move selection from view.

oNfcI.jpg

I... do not know if this is 1.5, or the previous release; I downloaded it 11/30, but am not sure if that occurred before or after the OP update.

Well we did not code Struggle, we kept what already was in Essentials, so it is their problem, at least in theory... Still, this is weird: can you replicate it?

Well we did not code Struggle, we kept what already was in Essentials, so it is their problem, at least in theory... Still, this is weird: can you replicate it?

Might also be because I tormented the foe during Bide. I will replicate it soon-ish, hopefully, and edit this then.

EDIT:

Successfully duplicated with a Lucifly against a Voodusk. Occurs when using Torment on a foe during their second turn of Bide (Action > Storing > Release).

Also, target is not struggle-locked (it knows detect, at least), but it does not act each turn, instead throwing the exception posted above. Prolly Essentials. :(

Edited by Cobalt996

the game crashes immediately and nothing pops up so i doubt its a audio issue.

If you can tell me which sound pops up in the beginning I will try to remove it and see if that solves anything.

I might be wrong, but IIRC Tacos had a similar issue. Please try and check the first 3 or 4 pages of this topic...

ok so i checked and the problem is in the bgm sound folder he said. I'm busy right now but later I will experiment to see which song is the problem

EDIT: Ok so i removed all of the bgms and put them back in until i found the problem and it was title.mid so just remove that and the game starts smoothly.

EDIT2: What sound/song pops up at the end of the battle? The game keeps crashing after I beat Tim and its after i gain experience so I'm guessing its music after beating him.

Solution to edit 2: It seems that after a lot of removing and putting back song files 001-victory01.mid seems to also be a problem on macs. Oh and just gonna say that after the girl takes all of the poke balls off of the table a suitcase magically appears which makes no sense.

Edited by foovy10

• Veterans

ok so i checked and the problem is in the bgm sound folder he said. I'm busy right now but later I will experiment to see which song is the problem

EDIT: Ok so i removed all of the bgms and put them back in until i found the problem and it was title.mid so just remove that and the game starts smoothly.

EDIT2: What sound/song pops up at the end of the battle? The game keeps crashing after I beat Tim and its after i gain experience so I'm guessing its music after beating him.

Solution to edit 2: It seems that after a lot of removing and putting back song files 001-victory01.mid seems to also be a problem on macs. Oh and just gonna say that after the girl takes all of the poke balls off of the table a suitcase magically appears which makes no sense.

It's the suitcase the balls were in originally zzzz. I dunno the problem with macs tho.

I think it is safe to assume the .mid files crash Wine. We'll make sure to convert those into a different format for Ep 2.

Yeah um... Whoops. Forgot to make that clear with my first issues. Those audio files have troubles with Wine for sure.

Wish I was around when the issue first popped up or I could have saved time searching for the problem files.

Edit: Also, if any of you ever run into Mac issues, just make it clear here and also send me a message. I'll more than likely be able to help fix your problem.