Pokemon Se7en Episode 1 official topic (TO BE USED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING)

Tomas Elliot

THE MILDLY AMUSING STUFF

It's not like Episode 1 is out, and I overhauled my profile just to advertise it or anything, b-baka.

And it's not like I am thanking Zim for the awesome banner he made for signature or anything, b-baka.

I could continue like this the whole night, but here is the thing: Episode 1 is out. Meaning Se7en is finally a reality. And for me, a guy who has tried and failed to make a fangame for like 5 years, this is more than a dream come true, this is more than a long-time coming. This is an emotion words cannot describe, so I am not going to channel my inner Cat tonight. Tonight, I am going to channel someone else: if you are old enough for this reference to mean anything for you, congratulations! You are a lame nostalgia addict just like me!

Michael-Buffer.jpg

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! FAN OF POKEMON ALL AROUND THE WORLD! The moment you all were waiting for has finally arrived. The following annoncement, paid for by #FOLD, is the main event of the evening, and it is for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

It is now time, for the official announcement of Pokemon Se7en's Episode 1: ARE YOU READY?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ARE YOU READY?

To the thousands in attendance, and to the millions watching around the world: LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RRRRRRRRRRUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DEFINITELY NOT AS AMUSING STUFF

Da rulez (READ THIS SPOILER BEFORE POSTING IN THIS TOPIC)

This topic is dedicated STRICTLY to discussion and troubleshooting for Episode 1. ONLY POST HERE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM DOWNLOADING THE GAME, IF YOU ARE STUCK SOMEWHERE, IF YOU FOUND A BUG, OR IF YOU NEED ADVICE ON A SPECIFIC PASSAGE.

Do not post random chit chat, comments on my signature, "FINALLY IT IS HERE" and/or enthusiastic support in this topic, under any circumstances. While we do appreciate those, they are better off posted in the original topic, which remains the main topic for this project. You can find it by clicking on the banner in my signature.

Oh, and if you post to ask advice on a specific passage, resulting in you having to describe what happens in a specific scene, PUT EVERYTHING IN SPOILERS.

What changed and what didn't with Version 1.5

Aftermath was fixed, but after numerous complaints regarding Ebounny, we decided to give it something else entirely as first ability. So don't worry, the dreaded Cursed Body is gone.

All the map fixes attached to this post are in the Data folder by default, meaning that the Eufur glitch, the Acacia freeze, the issues with Tim's event and the Mary freeze should be gone for good. I am leaving the fixes attached to this post just in case.

Many typos, grammar issues and tile errors were fixed. Of course, do report if you spot more.

Mary's gym battle was tweaked in a couple of aspects, to make beating her a matter of skill and not of using Mouroot. Like, Mouroot still gives you an advantage, but now it is not so mandatory to use it.

New species were NOT added. Sorry Pineapple ;-;

Grudge is still bugged.

The various crashes connected to side quests and minor events SHOULD be solved. Just in case, remember to save before taking a sidequest, and be careful when picking items up in Albion.

Credits and legal stuff

Pokemon Se7en is made by Zimvader42 (artworks, Pokemon creation, general awesomeness), Hukuna Fulmine (dialogues and plot planning), Nova (sprites, crazy ideas that get shot down more often than not), Calvius (cries of the mons and sprites when Nova is not around), Azery (laziness and procrastination) and Tomas Elliot (yelling at everyone while coming up with excuses to do nothing himself).

Special thanks to Eluria Mendes: it is a pity it ended the way it ended, but your ideas are still an important part of the project, and the Pokemon you created ARE in the game. Your musical talent would surely come in handy so yeah, now that we had that discussion and clarified many things, I personally hope you will consider coming back one day.

And a big, big, BIG thank you to our idol and my personal inspiration, Ame. Leaving aside the conspicuous parts of Reborn's PBS that Azery may or may not have stolen taken inspiration from, the fact is that I met all of these crazy, yet fantastic people on your forum. Without you, this project would have never been possible, so again, thank you. Oh and Az told me to thank Jan and Rejuv as well: I guess it means he stole took inspiration from that one as well.

For the people who made essentials, the people who ripped the tilesets we modified for our game, and the people who made the various tracks we are currently using for the placeholder soundtracks (again, we hope to be able to replace those with our own tracks by Ep 2), please refer to the "Credits" .txt document included in the game's folder.

The Pokemon brand belongs to Game Freak. We do not claim ownership on anything outside of our own ideas for characters and original creatures/characters/locations. We are not making a single cent out of this so please don't C&D us ;-;

THE DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/download/35qa4e39nv02mgp/Pokemon+Se7en.rar

I should mention that, if you save in one of the maps that were altered to fix the various issues, your savefile might give you problems upon upgrading to 1.5 (which is probably why Chimchain's savefile gave him problem after Az gave him a new Data folder, whih was essentially this 1.5 version). To avoid problems, it is therefore recommended that, before upgrading, you save indoors, BUT NOT IN ACACIA'S LAB OR MARY'S GYM.

I should also mention that, while there are still many audio files that might cause compatibility issues on Mac, the main reason why we had declared this game unplayable on Mac (the Eufur glitch) is now gone. So we would appreciate it is Mac players could give this 1.5 version a try and report on how it works for them.

Map083.rxdata

Map076.rxdata

Map090.rxdata

Map033.rxdata

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

The following sprites are missing from the "battlers" folder: 753sb, 763b, 763sb

Some pokemon do not have backsprites as they are not available at this point in time, this explains why 763's backsprites aren't in there. No idea about 753 though...

The following sprites are missing from the "battlers" folder: 753sb, 763b, 763sb

The 763 ones were intentional because the okemon in question is not catchable for now. We in general preferred to avoid putting in there data concerning Pokemon that will be available at a later time (or as little data as possible) to prevent spoilers (hence why I advised against grinding past level 20). Of course, as episode progress, more stuff will be added.

The 753 one is indeed a mistake, but since it is a shiny of a Pokemon obtained in very specific circumstances, it won't ptobably affect the gameplay experience of most players, and thus it doesn't justify making an update graphics folder JUST for that (although we could post the sprite here and tell you guys where to put it, I guess). We WILL make an updated graphics/maps folder, or even an updated version of the whole episode, should similar problems be found in an amount large enough to justify it.

753b is in the game, which means that 753sb should be too, of course based on already available information. I mentioned 763 just in the odd case it was obtainable, since other pokemon that are 90% not available already have their back sprites (although tbh it was obviously intentional)

edit: Tomas I am not suggesting an update. If you need at some point to upload a v1.5, keep that stuff in mind as well.

Ok here is the thing: apparently, Pikrieg's shiny backsprite has disappeared from our stash, a problem that, because of one of our usual miscommunication issues, was never solved.

Now, I asked Nova to just make a new one, but he has already gone to sleep, and we had already decided to take a day off tomorrow (we all neglected our respective real lives to get this out tonight). So yeah, as soon as Nova seesmy message and makes the sprite (knowing how hyperactive he is, he could actually make it tomorrow despite it being a "day off"), I will post it here, so that you guys can download it and put it in the folder.

attachicon.gifGame.rxdataAs soon as I went through the first barier thing, I got stuck in some trees.

And I had just finished telling people they could take a day off...

Sorry, I am the only member of the team left online ATM, and I have no way of helping you right now. Please hold on untill tomorrow, someone will help you eventually. Much apologies for the inconvenience, but we are mostly european boys and it is already bast 1 AM here, so most went to sleep...

Alright so, just to make sure it's not just an error on my end, has anyone checked at all to see how Wine on a Mac works with the game. I received a bit of an error upon trying to load it. I'll try to deduce what it could be.

Removing the contents of the BGM folder solved it for me. I don't know which audio file(s) was causing the error, but hopefully I can figure it out soon enough.

I'll try to keep posted to this thread to help you guys out with mac issues for a bit though. I'm sure the release will be a bit hectic, so you guys could probably use all the help you can get.

Also, I've already found a few typos, so you may want to make a thread designated for that.

I'm sure the release will be a bit hectic, so you guys could probably use all the help you can get.

Absolutely, thanks a lot. I dunno about Az, but compatibility with Mac never crossed my mind as an issue, so we will definitely need help on this regard. Although judging by what you are saying, it was probably some audio file being saved in a screwy format?

Absolutely, thanks a lot. I dunno about Az, but compatibility with Mac never crossed my mind as an issue, so we will definitely need help on this regard. Although judging by what you are saying, it was probably some audio file being saved in a screwy format?

Yeah, I can't be sure which one though. Wine is notorious for being incompatible with certain audio files, so it's natural for this to occur.

....And the game froze as Catherine was assigning Tim his starter.

Yeah, I can't be sure which one though. Wine is notorious for being incompatible with certain audio files, so it's natural for this to occur.

....And the game froze as Catherine was assigning Tim his starter.

I am 100% sure that never happened on Windows, not even in early stages of development. Could you post a screen? It would help figuring it out...

If it makes any difference, I chose Eufer.

c06a0c84d5.png

I am damn sure that I have never seen a situation like this in windows, regardless of the starter. I am sorry I cannot help you further, you will have to wait for Az and the others to get back on.

Um, I exited the starting town and spawned in a tree. Is that a common problem?

While I know of many people (including myself) who didn't have this problem and made it all the way to the end of the episode, it would appear that there are other people who got this issue. My tip is to save before entering any building (route gates in particular), and if something goes wrong, soft-reset and try again. If you are unable to do so at the moment, post your savefile and somebody will help you tomorrow (sorry, I am unable to do so ATM).

I am damn sure that I have never seen a situation like this in windows, regardless of the starter. I am sorry I cannot help you further, you will have to wait for Az and the others to get back on.

I must have made my edit to the other post a bit late, but if there's any possibility that you know of a specific audio file associated with this event, it would most likely be the solution. If you don't, then I apologize for pushing.

I must have made my edit to the other post a bit late, but if there's any possibility that you know of a specific audio file associated with this event, it would most likely be the solution. If you don't, then I apologize for pushing.

You needn't apologize, such reports help us improve the game (if anything, I feel sorry for Az who, as our only true coder, is seriously overworked and would need some time off). Anyway, from the top of my mind I cannot think of an audio effect associated with the specific scene: to clarify, has the dialogue between Cat and Tim (the one concerning how Tim is not happy that Cat chose for him) already ensued? Or is this right before that?

You needn't apologize, such reports help us improve the game (if anything, I feel sorry for Az who, as our only true coder, is seriously overworked and would need some time off). Anyway, from the top of my mind I cannot think of an audio effect associated with the specific scene: to clarify, has the dialogue between Cat and Tim (the one concerning how Tim is not happy that Cat chose for him) already ensued? Or is this right before that?

She basically says something along the line of "And that leaves you with Lifoam," and then it crashes.

She basically says something along the line of "And that leaves you with Lifoam," and then it crashes.

As of right now, I cannot imagine a reason for this, I am sorry. No such thing happened on Windows so I really don't know. Will try and replay that scene tomorrow to see if there is indeed some audio connected to that specific scene.

Double post and re-quoting the same thing, because I just thought of something and I need to attract Tacos' attention: just to narrow down the options, and confirm the problem is music-related and not event-related, could you try and redo the scene with a different starter?

uhm! a question! should we post screenshots of tile errors/typos here too? 'cause i've found a few...

Sure. Now it's really late and I really must go to sleep, but tomorrow I will include all of your reports in the OP, so that we can fix those whenever we make a new release.

EDIT: if anything, please put them in spoilers.

capture000_zpsmfemeiek.png

This is a house in Kelon, just south of the Berry vendor. There is also a house slightly seen in the upper left corner of the screen. Both doors lead to the same room, intended for the house of this screen, since exiting the room leads outside of this one. It's the house with the guy talking about seeing someone in Halloween and then discovering it was a Pokemon. Propably same map file address used for both doors or something. Dunno how the program works.

Also the guard in the left checkpoint of Kelon says nothing and you can just walk over the Cut tree.

Also, the NPCs in cutscenes can walk on their way out through the NPCs walking around in the side of the screen. Cathie's dad went through an old sailor. Also I think there's a misplaced (!) cloud in that cutscene with him and Mary.

Edit: Also I peeked. The shiny backsprite of Roober's evo is missing.

Edit2: The seated boy in the checkpoint from where you enter Albion is irresponsive.

Edited by Odybld

Double post and re-quoting the same thing, because I just thought of something and I need to attract Tacos' attention: just to narrow down the options, and confirm the problem is music-related and not event-related, could you try and redo the scene with a different starter?

Tried Lifoam and everything worked properly. Unfortunately, Lifoam isn't the starter I'd prefer to use. I'll check with the other starter and see how it works.

It also worked with Roobber.

Tried once again with Eufer and it freezes again.