Pokemon Se7en Episode 1 official topic (TO BE USED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING)

Tomas Elliot

yeah I can't go around him so here my save file.

I got you past that guy, your save file is attached to this post :)

TO ALL OF YOU STUCK AT ACACIA'S LAB.

I've fixed the problem and I've got a fixed map file here. Do note however, that certain people, Cough Tomas Cough have not had their problems resolved. If this fix does not work for you, I'll fix the savefiles myself along with Tomas.

Here you go!

To clarify: you need to put this in the "Data" sub-folder of your game. As Az said, for some reason this procedure, while known to solve all kinds of problems, doesn't seem to work for me, so yeah, should you have the same problem as myself, post your save files and we'll unstuck you.

Incidentally, I am also adding the two missing sprites to the OP.

Game.rxdata

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing Eufur's cry did nothing (that is if Eufur's is 001cry.wav). I tried removing the cries of the other two starters just in case, but that didn't work either. Idk if maybe it's just an error with the fact that Catherine is giving Lifoam to Tim when he's not next to her or?

Removing Eufur's cry did nothing (that is if Eufur's is 001cry.wav). I tried removing the cries of the other two starters just in case, but that didn't work either. Idk if maybe it's just an error with the fact that Catherine is giving Lifoam to Tim when he's not next to her or?

Nope, that is Bulbasaur lol. 722 is the one you want to remove :P

And I just realized that, for some reason, our custom cries (722 onwards) are in the mp3 format, rather than in the wav format cries and other sound effects of this kind of games generally are. So yeah, maybe that is the issue?

• Veterans

Try replacing Map033.rxdata in the data folder with this one.

Nope, that is Bulbasaur lol. 722 is the one you want to remove :P

And I just realized that, for some reason, our custom cries (722 onwards) are in the mp3 format, rather than in the wav format cries and other sound effects of this kind of games generally are. So yeah, maybe that is the issue?

Welp, I'm stupid. I'll try Azery's solution first though.

Alright, Azery's did not work, so I guess I'll move onto removing the audio file.

...And none of those worked. I removed the cries of the other starters just in case and that also provided no solution.

• Veterans

yeah it happened again

sb3kli.jpg

which strikes me odd, this is like the first time rpgmaker game done to this me before.

sorry to trouble you but here my save file as before.

Try removing the TrainerBattle.m4a file and see if this works. Is this Windows 10 by the way?

In the audio -> BGM folder by the way.

yeah it happened again

sb3kli.jpg

which strikes me odd, this is like the first time rpgmaker game done to this me before.

sorry to trouble you but here my save file as before.

At this point I need to ask: have you met a single trainer battle that DIDN'T give you this problem? Because you are the only one who is running into something like this, and mind you, what you are getting is not the usual crash screen, but rather a notice about a not better clarified "problem". As things stands, it seems to me that there is something about the trainer encounters in this game (the fonts? The audio effects? The battle transitions? The style of the text window? Something else?) that is interfering specifically with the settings of your computer: this being the case, untill you are able to figure out what the problem might be (I'd help you, but I would need more info to do so) I don't really see the point in you playing this game. I mean, what's the point of playing a Pokemon game, if you must ask for others to fight every single trainer battle of the game for you?

So yeah, I could get you past that point, but IMO it would be pointless, because as soon as you meet another trainer you'll be back to square 1. It would be much wiser to figure out the root of the issue...

EDIT: and it looks that, while I was busy typing my tirade, the root was figured out and solved. Welp, ignore me then ;-;

I leave Albion, march back towards Kelon, battle XXX just before the Kelon checkpoint. I beat him and go to Kelon. Can't get into the Tavern, can't get into the Flying Arkaneer, so I go back to the Route and XXX shows up again, same speech as before, and proceeds to rebattle me.

Welp, free exp :P

• Veterans

I leave Albion, march back towards Kelon, battle XXX just before the Kelon checkpoint. I beat him and go to Kelon. Can't get into the Tavern, can't get into the Flying Arkaneer, so I go back to the Route and XXX shows up again, same speech as before, and proceeds to rebattle me.

Welp, free exp :P

....I could've sworn I fixed this a while ago....

Pass me your savefile, I'll fix it for you aswell as uploading a map fix, hopefully the last one necessary.

@Tomas What I meant was that the reflection displayed on top of the grass as well as the water :P

Torch tile error in the Gym

torch_tile_error.png

Also, when facing off the Oppossite in Kelon Tavern, there is a bug that causes the screen to lock up sometimes when you walk in front of the Pokemon instead of next to it. The first time you do this, you're simply sent backwards the way you came, presumably the way you're supposed to. Then, when you talk to it from the side, it moves to a new location: however, walking in front of it makes the game freeze for the second and third locations.

Location #2

oppossite_error1.png

The Oppossite freezes in place and you have to reset the game.

Location #3

oppossite_error2.png

The Oppossite walks off screen and you have to reset.

(Also, thanks for the Acacia's Lab fix :D)

• Veterans

I AM SO FUCKING, DONE, WITH, THAT, GOD, DAMN, OPPOSITE.

DONE.

It's over, the game's canceled, blame that fucking thing....

Not really but that thing's been a pain in the arse for far too fucking long.

To give some context to our reactions: you see, this game has gone through 3 iterations before being released, making this public one the fourth. AND IN EACH ITERATION THERE HAS BEEN SOME KIND OF ISSUE WITH OPPOSSITE'S EVENT.

At this point, it's either we completely rework the event in 1.5, making it bug-free at the cost of it being MUCH easier, or we just axe the guy lol

To give some context to our reactions: you see, this game has gone through 3 iterations before being released, making this public one the fourth. AND IN EACH ITERATION THERE HAS BEEN SOME KIND OF ISSUE WITH OPPOSSITE'S EVENT.

At this point, it's either we completely rework the event in 1.5, making it bug-free at the cost of it being MUCH easier, or we just axe the guy lol

The event wasn't that hard anyways :S It's kind of just a simpler version of the Farfetch'd quest in HGSS.