Pokemon Se7en Episode 1 official topic (TO BE USED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING)

Tomas Elliot

• Veterans

The event wasn't that hard anyways :S It's kind of just a simpler version of the Farfetch'd quest in HGSS.

That's what it's meant to be but trying to get it to work proved to be frustrating. Atleast you can get it....

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed the maps, but the game still freezes after beating Mary.

So you are like me, in that swapping maps doesn't work for you. Well here is the thing: I have an older version of the episode in which the freeze does not occur, so if you give me your save file, I can get you past Mary... But to do so, I would have to beat the gym for you, is that ok?

The alternative is to just wait for 1.5, which will come soon-ish and fix all these problems once and for all.

I've beaten Mary 3 or 4 times already, I loved it, I loved her, I LOVED the music, please go ahead, make my day. Don't give a damn about the Fresh Waters. Oppositte and Bunnerd are just sack and heal material, or Leer/Sand Attack to cheese something before they die. Go ahead, make my day.

FOLD has HP Bug. Chromalyd has HP Fire.

Game.rxdata

I've beaten Mary 3 or 4 times already, I loved it, I loved her, I LOVED the music, please go ahead, make my day. Don't give a damn about the Fresh Waters. Oppositte and Bunnerd are just sack and heal material, or Leer/Sand Attack to cheese something before they die. Go ahead, make my day.

FOLD has HP Bug. Chromalyd has HP Fire.

I take it that putting the fixed map Azert made into your game didn't solve the problem for you? Weird, it worked for Acacia...

Hey when i try to go after Oppossite, the game freezes

Yeah we know, the event IS possible to complete if you never approach it from the front (you must approach it only from the sides), however it is kinda buggy. If it keeps giving troubles, just skip it for now, it should be fixed when we release version 1.5

I've tried it a couple times already. Nada. If it was so easy I wouldn't be here :P

If you want, I can exactly tell you how the matchups in the battle went.

Here you go pal.

Game.rxdata

Yeah, I'd really appreciate the help man. Should I tell you how I beat her, or do I just give you the file?

attachicon.gifGame.rxdata

Sorry, it is 1:45 AM here so I really must sleep. I posted in the private conversation of the developers telling them about your situation: the first who comes online will help you, later tonight or first thing in the morning. Apologies for the inconvenience, but I have uni tomorrow :(

Just started playing, so I'll edit in more bugs/mistakes as I find them: (Mostly just minor nit-picking)

-There is a typo in the line about the elegant brat saying she knows where to go after your initial battles, I don't remember the exact spot but there isn't a space after a period.

-The Sign in the north part of the starting town, nothing happens when you try to read it.

-Same with the mailboxes in the starting town (except for the cook families house).

-The Elmet Peir sign is missing a space after the Elmet Peir: (it reads "Elmet Pier:Grass is...")

-There is a bugged house in Kelon City, the house west of the shopping stall area (with the chopped trees) enters into the same house as the one to the south-east, and exits from it too.

-None of the trainers on Route 1 appear to have battle music.

-No pokeballs appear on the healing pad in the Kelon City's pokemon center.

Edited by WavesBlade

Just started playing, so I'll edit in more bugs/mistakes as I find them: (Mostly just minor nit-picking)

-There is a typo in the line about the elegant brat saying she knows where to go after your initial battles, I don't remember the exact spot but there isn't a space after a period.

-The Sign in the north part of the starting town, nothing happens when you try to read it.

-Same with the mailboxes in the starting town (except for the cook families house).

-The Elmet Peir sign is missing a space after the Elmet Peir: (it reads "Elmet Pier:Grass is...")

-There is a bugged house in Kelon City, the house west of the shopping stall area (with the chopped trees) enters into the same house as the one to the south-east, and exits from it too.

-None of the trainers on Route 1 appear to have battle music.

-No pokeballs appear on the healing pad in the Kelon City's pokemon center.

Most of these were already reported. The lack of music is your problem, I know because it happened to me too in the past (it has something to do with the audio format, dunno the details), but the theme is there and plays for most people. And the Pokeball thing in Pokemon centers is intentional, the mini-event in Essentials didn't have them so we didn't feel the need to add them (it's not like this impacts playability in any way).

*goes to sleep for real*

Ok, I defeated Mary, then Tomas defeated Mary for me in the older version to get me unstuck, and now I can't go to the ship's proper because the receptionist won't open the block. His dialogue is the same as before.

Check it out here, if you can replicate it. Perhaps it's just the back&forth between versions?

Game.rxdata

Ok, I defeated Mary, then Tomas defeated Mary for me in the older version to get me unstuck, and now I can't go to the ship's proper because the receptionist won't open the block. His dialogue is the same as before.

Check it out here, if you can replicate it. Perhaps it's just the back&forth between versions?

CRAP I JUST REALIZED THIS MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY FAULT.

I got you past Mary in version 1.2, but I just remembered her badge in that version was bugged... This might very well be the cause. We would need someone for whom the map switch worked (as in, they can beat Mary on their own without the game freezing) to confirm that accessing the area is possible afterwards...

Lemme go to sleep guys please ;-;

Ok guys hold on. I was trying to confirm that the problem with Ody's situation was my fault... And turns out, the supposedly fixed map doesn't work for me either.

At this point guys, I must ask you to stop posting your save files. I repeat: STOP POSTING YOUR SAVE FILES. I am in no conditions to help you, and we have no confirmation so far that the updated map actually works, so we'll have to wait for Azery (who went to sleep LONG ago, and God knows if I should have done the same) to look into this one.

Everyone wait for Azery's post before posting anything in this discussion.

The game is freezing for me when I pick my pokemon (Eufur).

I tried picking the fire one and it worked fine. However whenever I pick Eufur (who is the one I want) nothing happens after Catherine gives Tim his pokeball. No dialogue after she says "here's your one."

I couldn't find a quicksave option so I'm not sure how to save if with the freeze to give to you.