Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

The animations look fine, but I dunno about that Greninja one. Takes waaaay too long, at least for a Pokemon game.

I think you're missing the point, here. Verdant Artes are supposed to be over-the-top, and long. They're supposed to feel personal to that character and their signature Pokemon, and less throw-away like other moves that can are standard fair and commonly seen and known. I'm going to assume you're not familiar with how my game's approach is. Basically, my game is supposed to be less stereotypical Pokemon, and instead taking pages out of the Tales series, and various JRPG's. Which is why my game can get away with long animations like that.

Edited by Dylanrockin

I'm going to be asking for some user input, here. Opinion, how would you guys feel about Transformations taking up an entire turn, rather than Transforming and attacking in the same turn? I was contemplating this, because I wanted to balance all the Verdant Artes, Dual Techs, and Transformation options, so that way strategy had to come into play more readily. So, you'd have to plan out your Transformation more accordingly, and so you can also plan out the use of Verdant Artes and Dual Techs more.

Also, I've been pondering if Verdant Artes should only be usable in Single Battles. Not sure tho. I might need some input on that as well.

I'm always up for raised difficulty, so i will be a supporter of Transformation = Entire turn.

I don't understand why you would want VAs to not be usable in Doubles. If you state your reasoning it might help create a judgment.

I'm always up for raised difficulty, so i will be a supporter of Transformation = Entire turn.

I don't understand why you would want VAs to not be usable in Doubles. If you state your reasoning it might help create a judgment.

Well, that is now done, and done. I now made it so that way Transformations burn your turn, and you now have to plan accordingly, when you should transform. Also, I was thinking about Verdant Artes being single battle only, at the time, because they functioned super weirdly in double battles, but, I managed to fix the problem so they now work in doubles as well.

ALSO! Verdant Artes now no longer operate on the basis of once per battle. Now, I am starting to program in something referred to as the "Focus Limit Bar" into the game, which does exactly what you RPG Veterans know it should. Basically, how it works is like this:

If you deal damage or receive damage, that damage gets calculated by a unique formula that puts that data into a bar of energy that when filled allows for you to use a Verdant Arte. I MIGHT tie this with Transformations, so that way the gauge has to be filled before it can be used, but... I'm on the fence about that. But, basically, once I get the graphic for that Focus Limit Bar, I will begin programming its functionality into the game, and when that is in, Verdant Artes are 100% finished.

• Upvote 1

Update: Pokemon Showdown University Tournament results.

So, I posted as a status that I entered a Pokemon Showdown Tournament at my University. I placed 3rd, which is not bad, all things considered. I haven't worked on my game the past 2 days, because school and whatnot. This event was sponsored, by people whom I never heard of, but it was fun all the same! But, here are some pictures of the tournament that took place. Guess which dork is me XD

14859839_1330302830321872_51783662310459

14876669_1330303043655184_74181806043378

14589866_1330302936988528_31788029000418

14570717_1330303083655180_53780248382309

14729384_1330302863655202_33962585741158

14708205_1330302983655190_62606882760535

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

So, I don't know how many of you celebrate Halloween or something similar, BUT 'tis the season for the last of the Halloween Costumes to be available in Symphonic Horizon! So, to my readers: Happy Halloween from the Symphonic Horizon Cast!

This artwork was made by one of my best friends from dA, and I had this done so that way I could have her post something super festive for this year's Halloween :D Before there was only Vice and Hiro with their costumes, but now the entire cast has theirs ready to go!

If you're wondering who is what in this picture, then here is the list:

Vice: Crobat

Hiro: Froslass

Marissa: Mega Absol

Krista: Mismagius

Vivian: Honchkrow

Allan: A very pensive Weavile XD

Sara: Gourgeist

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

halloween_by_krisantyne-damlihh.png

spooky_candy_by_krisantyne-d99tqx3.png

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 2

So, I don't know how many of you celebrate Halloween or something similar, BUT 'tis the season for the last of the Halloween Costumes to be available in Symphonic Horizon! So, to my readers: Happy Halloween from the Symphonic Horizon Cast!

This artwork was made by one of my best friends from dA, and I had this done so that way I could have her post something super festive for this year's Halloween :D Before there was only Vice and Hiro with their costumes, but now the entire cast has theirs ready to go!

If you're wondering who is what in this picture, then here is the list:

Vice: Crobat

Hiro: Froslass

Marissa: Mega Absol

Krista: Mismagius

Vivian: Honchkrow

Allan: A very pensive Weavile XD

Sara: Gourgeist

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

halloween_by_krisantyne-damlihh.png

spooky_candy_by_krisantyne-d99tqx3.png

and also the forgotten gourgeist girl xD

happy halloween btw

Oh yeah, that is Sara Keeney, an unlockable, secret character ;D

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 2

While everyone else is celebrating Halloween I'm just going to stay home and play overwatch, still trying to get that witch mercy

I bought mine and somehow ended up not using her for quite a while. Lucio is just way better at this moment. Thanks for the nerf Blizzard :/

Back on the topic, that looks super impressive. What do you think is the estimated playtime for the game upon completion.

Happy 1 Year anniversary here on the Reborn Forums! So, it's been a whole year since I made the original post for my game, here on the Reborn Forums, and my god has the game changed within this time span! I am thankful for the year of support that I have received from everyone here, you all are awesome, and I am glad to have met you! I was planning on doing something super cool for today, buuuut, sadly I have school and a 10-page paper that is due by the end of the day, soooooo.... yeah. However, I do plan on doing something cool for my 1 year anniversary here on the forums, sometime this month, when I find time to do so.

Again, thank you all for the support, and hopefully within the next year my game will hopefully be finished and out to the public!

• Upvote 2

Character Update and shiz. So, I know the scary day was yesterday, but who cares, here is one of the Elite Four members, Tara Bloom. Tara is a 10 year-old member of the Elite Four with a strong affinity for ghost type Pokemon. So much so that she is capable of turning into a shadow, herself by sinking into the ground. She carries around a Banette, which is actually alive, due to her finding it in a trash bin, four years before becoming a member of the Elite Four. At the time she felt remorseful towards the Banette, and decided to befriend it. Due to her level of talent with Ghost Type Pokemon, and being able to integrate their shadow manipulating abilities into her own, she became a member of the Elite Four, only half a year into her career as a Trainer; managing to become a member at the age of 9. As she began her own journey, she met with Helena Brennan and battled her, late at night, in the streets of Renma. Shocked at her capabilities of keeping up with the Champion, and even being able to knock out three of her Pokemon, Helena decided that she should crown her as one of the Elite Four.

Even though she appears to be dark in appearance, she is actually quite friendly. She believes ghost Pokemon to be mistreated, and often times mis-interpreted for their actions, and because of that people discard and even forget them. Tara first meets the main cast within Infinity Mine, upon orders of Helena's investigation of the Dark Fangs' activity around Eclipse Mountain and various other locations. More than this, however, I cannot say ;)

5bc7a931661727d54cf568df8383d49a-dan2c70

• Upvote 4

I like her already :3 Such cuteness for master of spirit. Plus, I got Anise-Arietta fusion vibe which is a good thing~ Will Elite Four has Verdant Transformation for themselves? Speaking of Verdant Transformation, do you consider them to have more prominent different design similar with Mega Evolution or do you want to keep them now as it is?

Edited by PhantomBima

I like her already :3 Such cuteness for master of spirit. Plus, I got Anise-Arietta fusion vibe which is a good thing~ Will Elite Four has Verdant Transformation for themselves? Speaking of Verdant Transformation, do you consider them to have more prominent different design similar with Mega Evolution or do you want to keep them now as it is?

Verdant Transformation is exclusive only to Vice, so the Elite Four will be using Mega Evolution. Also, appearance and personality changes is only for Verdant Transformation, so if they Mega Evolve their Pokemon, their clothes and personality remain the same.

Character Update: So, I haven't worked on my game in about a week or so, mostly because I just got a new graphics card (AMD 390X) and have been playing XCOM 2, which is basically Fire Emblem, but with Aliens and this happened while I was playing:

98152f6d9deb841f56e77bff6e8561f0.jpg

That is all...

Anyways, new character today, and that is another member of the Elite Four, and her name is Dreyah Haven. She is a master of Ice Type Pokemon and was an Ice Princess from a distant land who traveled to the Lumia Region after her land was overthrown. Since then she dedicated her life to becoming powerful enough to take back her land, and assume the position on the throne, which she was destined to rule. At her age of 28, Dreyah has been in the Elite Four, for about 9 years, and takes great pride in her position. Once Ariana (the previous Champion) passed away, and Helena took the throne, Dreyah began to think of Helena still as a student of Ariana, rather than a full-fledged Champion. Mostly because of how Helena lacks the same kind of discipline and moxie that Ariana had. Even still, she follows Helena's orders, begrudgingly mind you, and helps out the main characters during the latter half of the game.

Her personality can be seen as somewhat cruel and cold-hearted, going so far as to say to Vice and his friends that she could care less what happens to them, with the only up-side to this being that her own strength will go up as well. Towards the other members she is indifferent, except towards Tara, since she is the youngest and most naive out of all members. Because of that she finds her naivete to be somewhat of a motive to look out for her. However, due to Dreyah being an ice princess from another land, she tends to have way more pride for her position than necessary, even going so far as to say that Helena is still less than her, even though Helena beat her for the position of Champion. In some regards, you can say the two of them have a rival-like relationship, only working together when the stakes are high, and the situation demands for it. Regardless though, since Helena is above her, she follows orders, even if it makes her stomach turn.

In terms of overall power, she could be considered the strongest out of the Elite Four, even stronger than the Fire Type master: Vincent Burklight, which opposes her own typing.

dreyah_haven_by_rialynarts-danhix4.png

• Upvote 1

Character Update: So, I haven't worked on my game in about a week or so, mostly because I just got a new graphics card (AMD 390X) and have been playing XCOM 2, which is basically Fire Emblem, but with Aliens and this happened while I was playing:

98152f6d9deb841f56e77bff6e8561f0.jpg

That is all...

Anyways, new character today, and that is another member of the Elite Four, and her name is Dreyah Haven. She is a master of Ice Type Pokemon and was an Ice Princess from a distant land who traveled to the Lumia Region after her land was overthrown. Since then she dedicated her life to becoming powerful enough to take back her land, and assume the position on the throne, which she was destined to rule. At her age of 28, Dreyah has been in the Elite Four, for about 9 years, and takes great pride in her position. Once Ariana (the previous Champion) passed away, and Helena took the throne, Dreyah began to think of Helena still as a student of Ariana, rather than a full-fledged Champion. Mostly because of how Helena lacks the same kind of discipline and moxie that Ariana had. Even still, she follows Helena's orders, begrudgingly mind you, and helps out the main characters during the latter half of the game.

Her personality can be seen as somewhat cruel and cold-hearted, going so far as to say to Vice and his friends that she could care less what happens to them, with the only up-side to this being that her own strength will go up as well. Towards the other members she is indifferent, except towards Tara, since she is the youngest and most naive out of all members. Because of that she finds her naivete to be somewhat of a motive to look out for her. However, due to Dreyah being an ice princess from another land, she tends to have way more pride for her position than necessary, even going so far as to say that Helena is still less than her, even though Helena beat her for the position of Champion. In some regards, you can say the two of them have a rival-like relationship, only working together when the stakes are high, and the situation demands for it. Regardless though, since Helena is above her, she follows orders, even if it makes her stomach turn.

In terms of overall power, she could be considered the strongest out of the Elite Four, even stronger than the Fire Type master: Vincent Burklight, which opposes her own typing.

dreyah_haven_by_rialynarts-danhix4.png

oh Xcom a game where one bad RNG can cost the entire game

oh Xcom a game where one bad RNG can cost the entire game

Indeed, the series is extremely brutal. I've had to restart my game so many times, because RNGesus decided to give me the finger XD However, Amethyst makes a badass unit, real talk.

Character Update, yet again for the final member of the Elite Four :D This is Vincent Burklight, the master of Fire Type Pokemon. Instead of me giving you a large synopsis and background on the character, I'm just gonna show him here, and let you guys enjoy the art ;D

da6bf1a4f75261d255973a5929efee51-danxjmy

• Upvote 2