Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

Well, it's been a bit since I last said something, worthwhile at least. This... is a little preview of what's to come, this summer. There are 3 anime stylized animations that are currently being storyboarded, and being created. I've made all the payments necessary for the animation, over the course of the year, and you'd be surprised by how much they were. In total, there are about... 7-8 of these anime animations that highlight important parts of the game, this one highlights the introduction to the Herald's Disguise, as Ninetales demonstrates the ability in question.

Down below is the storyboard for it.

BrowserPreview_tmp.gif

This summer, 3 animations will be worked on, and most definitely during the summer, this animation will be the first to be finished. They are all super short scenes, and... I don't even want to get into how much they were.

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

Also, here is something that I had made for me, a year ago, but here is a banner for my game. I forgot to add this to the main forum thread, but, here it is:

Also, it features Vivian's Dark Fang Spy attire, which is a costume you can unlock in the game, since she technically did work for the Dark Fangs, undercover.

commission__encounter_in_ancient_ruins_b

• Upvote 3

So, here's an update for you guys. I introduced the amazing Supernova to Tales of Symphonia, and I'm sure Nyava is quite happy with the results ;D

Secondly over the past week, I've spent a lot of my time working on the S.S. Valeria, which takes you to and from the first and second continent. This boat has all original tiles in it, and they all look... exquisite ;D I've also been working on improving older scenes, again, because some of them ended without much satisfaction as to what happens next, and it just seemed really lazy on my part. And I included some parts where you can interact with the other characters, for silly moments, and funny dialogue.

4c5300932f5c1cccbdbac4298203fa5b.png

fdf992e8de86ff5147855db6fd8f279c.png

4341a0cdc1e24d125bbb30665d754c41.png

I've also been heavily working on the manga of my game with my artist, and there will be 2 NEW pages of the manga coming out this week. My manga artist uploaded a short video of her working on the manga, if anyone is interested in watching it. Here is a sketch preview of it:

Wheee5.png

There have been several alterations to my set of tiles, many of which were up-resses from what they previously were, which... were basically rips from Diamond and Pearl. But now, they are high-quality, and match the style of my game. Because... my spriter is just amazing like that ;w;

b29388686e018efdb92c73fd661f2d10.png The boxes and power thingies have now been greatly enhanced!

Speaking of tiles... several universal maps, like the apartments, will now be getting a HUGE makeover, to compensate for their... really ugly designs that are so outdated that I can't stand looking at them. They are literally 2 year old maps.

Lastly, on top of that, 2 new anime stylized animations are now fully storyboarded, and will be getting animated sometime this year :D

BrowserPreview_tmp2.gif - Vice vs. Allan with Vice's Verdant Transformation. However... my animator got Vice's hair wrong XD

BrowserPreview_tmp3.gif Allan vs. ??? in the Next Dimension Tournament. Allan's Mega Lucario uses Surging Aura Storm on Mega Pidgeot, and decimates the entire ring. I thought that this would be cool, since it showcases Allan's power as a Trainer, compared to others.

-----------------------------------------------

As a casual aside to this all... I am quite proud of what my game has now turned into, after 3 years of working on it. It started out looking... really bad, and now, thanks to you all here on the Reborn Forums, I've been able to make my game grow in quality ever since. And to that, and everyone reading, I thank you all very much. I hope you all look forward to reading the new pages of the manga, since the game won't be out for quite a long time, and I hope you all look forward to these new animated scenes! I don't know if anyone who did follow this tread still are, but, I am grateful to all of you for what you've done ^^

Seriously though, if it weren't for a lot of you, I'd probably done and quit a long time ago. Especially with the help of my amazing, and very supportive spriter and tester ^^

If anyone is curious how bad my game used to be, go check out my old forums on Pokecommunity. Even I started out my game pretty horribly...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=342508

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316241

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 5

I also wanted to apologize for my rashness a week or so ago to my readers. But, with the way things are, at the moment with my game, I kind of have to take these kinds of extreme measures. But, it's only for the summer, which... is not so bad.

What a surprise, I like your old maps :ph34r:

Nice lookin current maps as well

But, my old maps used low-quality tiles from Diamond and Pearl XD These ones are now custom made and up-resed to look much nicer XD How could you like tiles that don't fit the style :P

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

But, my old maps used low-quality tiles from Diamond and Pearl XD These ones are now custom made and up-resed to look much nicer XD How could you like tiles that don't fit the style :P

Because the landscapes look nice anyway. Just 'cause it's older doesn't mean it's worse ;x

• Upvote 1

Update and Rant - Warning, Reader Discretion Advised:

So, I've made considerable progress on my game as of late. Custom tiles have now been created for newer areas of the game, as well as replacing old tiles that don't fit my needs anymore. They were placeholders, once upon a time, but now they've been swapped out for better stuff ^^ The Next Dimension Tournament will be having it's custom tiles created, at the beginning of the month, once I receive my first payment from the 4 jobs that I now work. Which has been excruciatingly dreadful, but it certainly has teached me a good amount of discipline and time management. However, I've been feeling... rather angsty as of late, and I don't know if it's from the stress of the jobs that I've been working or not, but...

Rant: I really hope that my readers won't think any less of me, from this small vent :(

As of late, there has been some bad talk about my game on another forum website who I will not plug, and I mentioned this to my spriter a couple days ago. Normally this kind of stuff is whatever and doesn't bother me any, but since it's been an ongoing thing there, from what I've heard, it makes me angry knowing that they keep bringing me up as a bad example of game development.

I'm frustrated at this forum that I used to frequent, who all still believe that my game hasn't improved, one bit, since I last visited there. That was over a year ago, when my game wasn't as good as it is now. They refuse to see what has changed in my game, and still acknowledge it as a crappy Pokemon game. They still say that because it's a non-traditional Pokemon game that doesn't follow the standard formula. Most of them believe that if you tread too far away from the standard formula your game will be deemed bad, in their eyes. They frown upon me for making a manga adaptation saying it's overly ambitious. However, I may be ambitious, but I don't give up. I live to prove people wrong, especially when it involves removing someone's big dumb grin off their faces. In fact, makes my motivation go even higher. Also, some of the criticisms were directed towards old maps, which, quite a few of you know that I went to great lengths to improve. This came to my attention in a YouTube comment, almost about a year ago, but I've been keeping this festered up inside for quite awhile now, and I think that it's time for me to mention it.

I've put my body through hell to not only work more hours than a normal person can handle, while learning programming, and still am to help fund my game for as long as I have. They aren't developers, and I sure as hell won't waste what little time that I have left to live on their half-assed routines. Why it won't take more than 1 more year to wipe their sissy grins right off of their faces and onto the concrete, right next to their broken pride.

tl;dr, people need to acknowledge improvement, even if they aren't willing to actually see what has changed. If you are going to criticize someone, and want them to improve, then believe it as such. Especially if you're going to put in the time to critique one's work. It's not like I was doing nothing for an entire year, and neither should it be assumed as such. If you saw some of my older works, then would know how far things have gone since then. I even spent 5 months, day in and day out to learn various programming languages. Something that is not easily done in that time frame.

Also, you don't insult my friends and hope to be forgiven again.

Sorry for the rant, but I really needed to get that off of my chest for a few days now ^^; I hope you guys won't think any less of me for wanting to get that out there... Especially with what was said about my manga artist.

-------------------------------------------------------------

ON A LIGHTER NOTE XD

The 2nd page that I showed off a week or so ago has now been sketched. The final inking process has now begun and text for the pages will be added in, possibly later today ^^

Wheee%201_1.png

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 3

On the other hand, you have other developers that check here from time to time (From the top of my head, Caz comes to mind. Maybe because their game was the most recent one I played) and if those developers who develop quality game content think highly of your work and appreciate the effort you put in then that's more than enough to show that you're headed in the right direction.

I can't understand your frustration because I've never been in that situation before but being angry for your friends is a good thing.

Reminds me of that news when a student destroyed their artwork due to trash tier criticism (not constructive). Honestly, it's best to just disregard their comments as much as possible but if you can't, just think of the good feedback from everyone else.

I find your artist's work very cute and that level of art is on a level I can never attain in my life even if I tried to (stuck with drawing pikachus for days) so they should hold their head up high and be proud. =)

Edited by Pandalex12

On the other hand, you have other developers that check here from time to time (From the top of my head, Caz comes to mind. Maybe because their game was the most recent one I played) and if those developers who develop quality game content think highly of your work and appreciate the effort you put in then that's more than enough to show that you're headed in the right direction.

I can't understand your frustration because I've never been in that situation before but being angry for your friends is a good thing.

Reminds me of that news when a student destroyed their artwork due to trash tier criticism (not constructive). Honestly, it's best to just disregard their comments as much as possible but if you can't, just think of the good feedback from everyone else.

I find your artist's work very cute and that level of art is on a level I can never attain in my life even if I tried to (stuck with drawing pikachus for days) so they should hold their head up high and be proud. =)

I understand that I've gained quite a bit of respect from those developers, and I'm happy to hear their feedback, especially their criticisms and whatnot. However, what strikes a nerve with me are the people who refuse to realize the amount of progress that I've gained over the past year, as well as all the hard work that I had to put into my game to get it to where it is now. I've taken their criticisms to a new level, and improved everything that they deemed wrong, and I now have to work 4 jobs at nearly 100 hour weeks to help fund my game for the summer, and they still believe that my friends and all of my followers who believe that my game is good are a bunch of idiots. That pisses me off more than anything, and any kind of respect that I once had for that forum is now dead. I'm damn-near killing myself for progression in my game because I have no other option, and all they do is tell me how awful I am; it's sickening.

But, trash criticism to make someone destroy all their works is terrible.

Well the thing is about my manga artist being criticized like that is because I've known her for a long time. And my manga artist put a lot of hard work into this project and every page takes a lot of effort to make. A lot more effort than it takes for someone to make a map, or really anything with a game. They criticized her style saying it was awful and that she was stupid for following me, and that came from the same person saying that all the people who follow my game are nothing but idiots. You don't insult my friends and hope to get away with it, with your pride still in-tact; I can guarantee you that much. If you're going to insult someone, insult me; the guy behind the whole thing. Don't go and slandarize someone's artistic style and decisions for wanting to work with me, because you think my game is awful. I'd like to see them do what I have to, in order to get by. Especially if you're the person who has people working for you, for exposure; that's a load a crap and I frown upon that heavily.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Lol.

3826082-laughing+gif.gif

With that out of the way..

Yeah, uh. seriously, such petty people should not even cross your mind. It's not worth it. Critique is nice, but blatant dissing is a trait of small people. Even shittier is to drag in people who aren't even aware of this useless drama. In the end you know it for yourself that you've improved and keep striving to improve, that's all that matters. If that forum's community is so toxic, well, their loss. They won't get to play your game when it's done. Or rather, I bet they will anyway because it's going to be epic and even if they'd never admit it, they'd still want/go play it.

Either way, don't even bother with this crap, just keep doing what you're doing and always know that you have our support in this forum

..Like honestly though, what the f ... How can people stumble so low? What the hell did anyone do to them to get so brutally piece-of-sh*tty - Toxic humans . Let them wallow in their hatred, np, they'll never grow as people and that's their own sh*t to worry bout later on in life when they find out they cant trashtalk their way out of rl situations

Edited by Masquerain
  • Upvote 1

Lol.

3826082-laughing+gif.gif

With that out of the way..

Yeah, uh. seriously, such petty people should not even cross your mind. It's not worth it. Critique is nice, but blatant dissing is a trait of small people. Even shittier is to drag in people who aren't even aware of this useless drama. In the end you know it for yourself that you've improved and keep striving to improve, that's all that matters. If that forum's community is so toxic, well, their loss. They won't get to play your game when it's done. Or rather, I bet they will anyway because it's going to be epic and even if they'd never admit it, they'd still want/go play it.

Either way, don't even bother with this crap, just keep doing what you're doing and always know that you have our support in this forum

..Like honestly though, what the f ... How can people stumble so low? What the hell did anyone do to them to get so brutally piece-of-sh*tty - Toxic humans . Let them wallow in their hatred, np, they'll never grow as people and that's their own sh*t to worry bout later on in life when they find out they cant trashtalk their way out of rl situations

I normally don't let these things get to me, but what really made me snap was the fact that one of them went out of their way to insult one of my closest friends' art style, and decision to follow me, and saying that she is an idiot for doing so. She's a brilliant person, who has reached her final year in college, and is going to get her degree as being an illustrator, and manga artist. To think that they'd say such a thing is... is so disgusting. I would beat the ever-living hell out of that person if I knew in them in real life, regardless of the consequences. If they wish to insult someone, I'd rather it be me.

That forum is toxic, and immature. Most of those developers base their criticisms on more experienced developers who've been in this for as long as I have, or pretty close to it. But, I want to make sure that word doesn't spread about my game being here on the forums, because I think that letting them play the game and giving them the benefit of the doubt, as that would be too good for them. Now that they've gone to so erroneous lengths, such as that to berate me, my followers and helpers; I don't think that they deserve it at all.

Because as I previously stated: They aren't developers, and I sure as hell won't waste what little time that I have left to live on their half-assed routines. Why it won't take more than 1 more year to wipe their sissy grins right off of their faces and onto the concrete, right next to their broken pride.

And that, as they say, is that. I'm gonna get back to work on my game, now.

Edited by Dylanrockin

I bet they wouldn't have the nerve to say that to your face in person.

If they did say that to my face in person, specifically about my friends, they won't wake up to their dear friends and family, I can promise them that much. They can say what they want to me, but never to my friends. Sometimes when I read the guests at the bottom of the thread, I feel like they are reading this. And if so, I think they should hold off their pre-conceived notions, until they actually witness how much has changed over the past year. After all, a lot can happen in 1 year.

They could use some humility, I can at least teach them that.

Edited by Dylanrockin

• Developers

It's likely that they don't want to admit your improvement as they are jealous of it. Their opinion is very obviously flawed and is backed up with basically nothing and so you don't even have to acknowledge it. Keep doing what your doing, just ignore the dickheads who would say otherwise.

It's likely that they don't want to admit your improvement as they are jealous of it. Their opinion is very obviously flawed and is backed up with basically nothing and so you don't even have to acknowledge it. Keep doing what your doing, just ignore the dickheads who would say otherwise.

I won't lie saying what those other people did was totally wrong, but you're going to just have to accept people will sabotage and do whatever they can if they don't like you. That's a very big cancer of the internet which will never go away. Reborn has even had moments where we slandered Zeta and Omnicron due to it being more poplar than Reborn, but that's kind of in the past now. It just happens and there's not much you can do about it. We've been more opened and welcome to other fan-games since the Expose came about which originally started with Rejuvenation getting its own tab. I'm not a mod but I do try to keep and eye to stop slander and negativity from effecting any fan-game. Criticism is a completely different thing though. I generally suggest turning your head the other way when it comes to people slandering you. You should address it and see if it can be stopped, but you shouldn't get so worked up about it that it gets in your way.

As for the whole people calling your artist things, I'd be a freaking liar if I said I wouldn't get worked up about it. It happened to me when someone who's helping me out just said a few things which pretty much boiled down to that this person shouldn't be allowed to help me because he's supposed to work for him. Ultimately, it really didn't effect me or my helper but what bothered me most is that I didn't step in and say something. I gave that kid a freaking lecture and warned him not to do that to any more of my workers or he'd be sorry. So I don't blame you, but try to take this kind of stuff with a grain of salt and make sure your workers are okay and not bothered too deeply by this.

When you really think about it, you were basically a newbie coming into Reborn but your game got a lot of attention. I'm sure more people than just those who posted here are quite interested in how this will turn out. Let me tell you this: the people who are interested now will only be a fraction of those that will play it. I'm predicting this'll be one of those games that spreads like a wildfire.

I try not to get so worked up about these things, since I know it's bound to happen, but it's that they can't let it slide after a year is what makes me angry, and then they go and insult my friends artistic abilities which really sent me over the edge. Zeta and Omicron? Well, I'm not gonna say anything else, other than I don't blame you for saying those things, tbh. I have my own reasons for that, but that's besides the point.

What you mentioned about that is sometimes why I refuse to say who my artists are, in fear that there are people with selfish intents who will do exactly as you said. And not only that, try to use them by having them work for exposure, which... I don't really like very much. Artists are not objects to fuel a developers desire, and shouldn't be treated like such.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I was a newbie, since I knew about Rom Hacking and Game Development since I was 11, but didn't take it seriously until I was 16 or so. But even still, I don't really care about the popularity of my game, since I'd rather not have fame cloud my pride or better judgement like some fan-games that are not on the Reborn Forums, which I will not mention, have. I just want to create a game and manga that is a hybrid Pokemon-Tales series, like I always wanted to since I was young.

Update: Ohio! I haven't posted much as of late, and because of that I've taken a week off to do stuff and whatnot. Butt, I've also made quite a lot of headway, event-wise, and am now past the S.S. Valeria part of the game, and now onto the newer and cooler stuff of the game. New tiles have been created, and completely original tiles and areas have now been introduced. That said, a lot of tiles in the game will be receiving an up-res and will be changed to fit 1 style, as opposed to the thousands of tile styles there are.

That said however, 2 new pages of the manga have been finished, and 2 more are on their way. The 2 finished pages don't have text, however, but will either today or tomorrow.

Anyways, 2 new pages currently being story-boarded:

PokemonSB6-7New.pngAlso, if anyone is gonna comment on less long scenes with dialouge in the manga adaptation, it's because that's what manga's do. The art tells the story. So a lack of super-extensive dialogue is par for the course.

Also, I know this is gonna get a lot of people riled up in their jimmy's, but I need you to read this. There will only be 6-7 pages available for normal people on the internet to read. So, these upcoming pages will be the last that anyone will see, unless you purchase the manga from my artist. The justification here is this:

My manga artist puts a lot of hard work into this manga, and every page takes a lot of effort to make. A lot more effort than it takes for me to make a map, or really anything with a game. If there's anyone who deserves payment for anything fan-related, it's her and this manga. This manga requires more labor than anything that I've done, and I've watched her meticulously work at just 1 page. It takes her several days to make each page perfect. Plus people sell Dojin's on Ebay and on their own websites all the time. The same thing goes for when people slap a Pokemon on a t-shirt, add in some stupid text of their stupid internet handle *cough*

Shofu

*cough* and sell it to people.

So long as it isn't mass produced, there isn't anything wrong with it. We do not intend to ever mass produce the Symphonic Horizon Manga, and will only sell it on her website, Ebay and at conventions that she will be attending. That said, my game is free and always will be. I will not stoop to that level.

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 3

Yo shiggy-diggy what's up my sizzles?!

So. New stuff and whatnot coming out next week, and they will be quite the doozies. Actually, scratch that, tomorrow there will be 3 new sets of tiles being created and all of them will be for very specific areas of the game, and I will no longer have to use stupid placeholder graphics, anymore, thankfully ^^

I have been in a bind as of late, in terms of progressing the story, because of lack of special tiles, but thankfully that will all be fixed, tomorrow. That said, my schedule has been kind of... busy, because of my 3 job schedule that I have to deal with ^^; But, the money is coming, and half-way through the month, I will have enough money to pay off all of the commissions that have piled up, in one go! It might suck for now, but it's unfortunately my only way out at the moment ^^;

I spent a good while improving old maps of mine, to help increase overall quality of gameplay, and whatnot, and this so happens to be one of the older maps that I made 2 or so years ago:

4f4894810b4025deaff9254cc15aa9b2.png

The homes of specific characters have been improved in quality, so that way they don't look like generic NPC rooms:

Krista's House:

cbcac1f49d5d1940b62e712ae4193d72.png

Marissa's Room:

ca1b9277dbbf38ff7d4bb065c23ee43b.png

• Upvote 3

Please tell me I'm not the only one who is bothered by those pillows. I suppose it's 12 years of seeing pillows being circles (or on beds) or flat and never shown on couches that warped my vision of them. I can't say they're bad, but 12 years of never seeing something angled in a Pokemon game warps your mind a bit. They aren't bad though.

• Developers

Please tell me I'm not the only one who is bothered by those pillows. I suppose it's 12 years of seeing pillows being circles (or on beds) or flat and never shown on couches that warped my vision of them. I can't say they're bad, but 12 years of never seeing something angled in a Pokemon game warps your mind a bit. They aren't bad though.

I think it looks quite fitting. It's certainly unique and it's pulled off well.

I think it looks quite fitting. It's certainly unique and it's pulled off well.

I guess it's just an opinion thing, I actually don't mind them ;D

So, here are some screenshots of some of the tiles which I commissioned awhile ago. Now, I know what a lot of you are going to say about the style of tiles, and bare with me on this: I will be having my tiler/spriter do an up-res on these tiles, since I mainly wanted to purchase these tiles as a future reference for that person to go off of, and improve. So, for now they look pretty... basic XD These tiles were styled in a 1x1 format, and not the standard 2x2 that is present in my game, which... is quite a bit of a no-no, so I'll be having the tiles up-resed and improved to fit the overall style of the game. For now, though, they are placeholders, for improvement. And, the improvements will bring about some new swag and shtuff ;D

Renma Casino - Get out your Poké (the currency in the Symphonic Horizon Universe) and get ready to gamble, because there be some slots and a whole lot of stuff that you underage kids shouldn't be doing! In this casino, you can do all the things you normally could do in the normal games, however... there be some lotteries that you can invest in... and lose (and they are just as stupidly rigged and impossible as they are IRL).

6a0ca0df8fefcca00445161f54b06944.png

Renma Chapel - Bell Tower: So yeah, a chapel in the capital city of Renma (the capital of the 2nd continent) and one of the few places where people go to worship, and shiz. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure you get where this is going and whatnot. The 2nd Continent is a lot more religious than the 1st one, by a long shot!

98ca90ce673db6ee06b2c1823cc19919.png

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 2

Here's a little work in progress that I've been doing for the past day or so, since I received the new tiles. This is Renma, the Capital City of the Northern (or 2nd) Continent of the game. And just to clarify, "continent" /= "region," as each continent is still a part of the main region that they comprise.

If you're wondering what the heck is up with all the empty space, it's because this is still a work in progress, and it will be finished soonish. The map is nowhere near completion, and I am still working with some stuff in it, so don't see some of the things in there and think that will be included (looks at the awkward bridge to the far east of the map >.> )

96d2ee2fb69734624f44a12ceda5ae7a.png

• Upvote 1

Update: So, all of the Tales costumes are now finished, and have been inserted into the game :D The video below will show you what I mean ;D

That's right! Now, specific Tales characters will be able to represent their specific games! Currently, the only Tales costumes available are for Vice and Marissa, Lloyd Irving and Colette Brunel, respectively.
New inclusions, since the last update are:
Vivian's Costume represents Suzu Fujibayashi's costume from Tales of Phantasia.
Hiro's Costume represents Pascal's costume from Graces.
Krista's Costume is Elize Lutus' costume from Xillia.
Allan's Costume is Yuri Lowell's Costume from Vesperia.
Also, the flashing that you see with Allan's Pokemon is due to Allan's Time Skip ability, which has a 10% chance of him going first. In the story however, it makes him and his Pokemon move 5/10th's of a second through time. It's Allan's only method of Time Manipulation, as opposed to Hiro's "technical" control over it. I say that in quotes, since it's against the laws of nature to use any form of "drastic" Time Manipulation, like going back in time, stopping time, or time traveling in general, where it's not needed.
Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 2

As a follow-up to the recent post, I've almost finished the new capital city of the game, and this is what I've done so far:

f107dcc2cea51aaf5e3cbd1d3e386c80.png

Also, as a side-note: I've created new battle dialogue, which essentially works the same way it does in the Tales Series. This new inclusion is the start of battle dialogue, where a character has several things to say at the start of fights, such as:

Vice: Holy cow! <------ Battling against a Pokemon whose weight is greater than or equal to 600, and being over 7 ft tall.

Vice: Let's go all out!

Vice: This is gonna be tough... <--- Battling a Pokemon whose level is greater than your own.

All 6 characters have several phrases that they can say at the start of a battle, each of which is unique to their own personalities. However, I did not include Super Effective and Not Very Effective response phrases out of them. Mainly because something like that is extremely annoying to program, and I don't wish to have another Time Skip problem. If you don't know what I mean, I basically had to resort to asking for help, for programming Allan's Time Skip ability. And I eventually found out how to do it, myself, after 5 or so hours of fiddling around with the code. In short: not fun.

Also, just in case no one has yet seen this:

Update: So, all of the Tales costumes are now finished, and have been inserted into the game :D The video below will show you what I mean ;D

Vivian's Costume represents Suzu Fujibayashi's costume from Tales of Phantasia.
Hiro's Costume represents Pascal's costume from Graces.
Krista's Costume is Elize Lutus' costume from Xillia.
Allan's Costume is Yuri Lowell's Costume from Vesperia.
Also, the flashing that you see with Allan's Pokemon is due to Allan's Time Skip ability, which has a 10% chance of him going first. In the story however, it makes him and his Pokemon move 5/10th's of a second through time. It's Allan's only method of Time Manipulation, as opposed to Hiro's "technical" control over it. I say that in quotes, since it's against the laws of nature to use any form of "drastic" Time Manipulation, like going back in time, stopping time, or time traveling in general, where it's not needed.
Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 4

Here is another new update, I'm on a roll at the moment, this is the new video in question that showcases the new beginning of battle dialogue, as well as the new battle transition that was edited by me:

So, as opposed to the older battle transition, this one was heavily inspired by the Tales series' battle transitions. Currently, I am still trying to edit the transition to be a lot more... good XD
Also, at the beginning of battles there will be dialogue that will play out, depending on certain parameters. A better explanation is above this current post.
  • Upvote 3