Pokémon Reborn Hardcore: Evolution is for babies

Redo.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be honest, I'm really surprised you actually won that Solaris fight. He's one of the fights I struggled with (that and Shelly for some reason). Seriously, I'm surprised how you're now able to breeze past a couple fights compared to the beginning where it was so many attempts. But yeah, think of hardcore's difficulty similar to Fire Emblem Fate's hard difficulty. I've considered making an actual difficulty fitting for hardcore, but that's on the backburner until I get more free time. Imagine Corey getting his Mega Beedrill back kind of difficulty and Shelly leading with LO Armaldo in permarain. I mean if enough people are interested I'll considering working on it, but for now, I'll stick to this difficulty. (I'd also probably have to raise the cap to around 120 or something).

As for Serra, she'll be cake if you're careful with Magneton. Noel shouldn't be too bad, but Radomus and Luna could be very dangerous. If you plan your moves and teams right, I'm sure you'll make it to the end. I'll be watching the run and seeing where you'll end.

Replies:

Glad to see you managed to beat Solaris, well 14 tries are quite good for an NFE set mode without in battle items challenge lol

Grats on beating Solaris, I didn't think it was possible to beat him with NFEs!

Thanks guys, please continue to support this run!

I'm going to be honest, I'm really surprised you actually won that Solaris fight. He's one of the fights I struggled with (that and Shelly for some reason). Seriously, I'm surprised how you're now able to breeze past a couple fights compared to the beginning where it was so many attempts. But yeah, think of hardcore's difficulty similar to Fire Emblem Fate's hard difficulty. I've considered making an actual difficulty fitting for hardcore, but that's on the backburner until I get more free time. Imagine Corey getting his Mega Beedrill back kind of difficulty and Shelly leading with LO Armaldo in permarain. I mean if enough people are interested I'll considering working on it, but for now, I'll stick to this difficulty. (I'd also probably have to raise the cap to around 120 or something).

As for Serra, she'll be cake if you're careful with Magneton. Noel shouldn't be too bad, but Radomus and Luna could be very dangerous. If you plan your moves and teams right, I'm sure you'll make it to the end. I'll be watching the run and seeing where you'll end.

Wow, didn't expect this comment.

To be honest, my current success from Corey to this point is thanks to 4 things:

1. Better pokémon: Things like Graveler, Ponyta, Murkrow, Piloswine and Magneton have BST that aren't so bad, and 100 base attack is good enough to score key KOes (Before Corey I had stuff with 60/70 base attack that failed to KO pretty much everything).
  2. Better movepool: More level use to bring better moves with higher base power.
  3. Sturdy: Insta resist any move and strike back? I love that.
  4. EV's boosting items: Totally OP, in both normal Reborn and hardcore, like, before Corey my Roselia had 5 SpA EV's, now add 252 in everyone and break everything (I'm sure my 252 attack Graveler hit stronger than a normal grinded Golem with around 100 attack EV's when they cap).

So Pignite won this time, and with him having Thick Fat it's one of the first pokémon I really like!

Also, the update took a while because catching and grinding 7 new pokémon is boring.

UPDATE#8: PIG(BOSS)NITE

Caught:
  • Roggenrola
  • Sandile
  • Aron
  • Scraggy
  • Skrelp
  • Zubat
  • Tepig
trainer015.png
VS Sirius:
Easy battle, mostly because it's 2v1 but I don't care.
trainer088.png
VS Casanova Acheron:
Lost against him once because 3 of my 6 pokemon were KOed beforehand.
trainer089.pngtrainer089.png
VS Meteor Grunt Devin and Sanchez:
I don't even... Team member swap and I won easily, but to loose even once against these guys.
trainer018.png
VS Bennett:
Stealth Rock, break the field and Ponyta sweep.
trainer208.png
VS Serra:
After Boldore honorable sacrifice for the Stealth Rock, Pignite killed MAbomasnow, Mamoswine and Glaceon (Guys, Pignite may have HP but it defenses are ugly, it's slow and it's not actually that strong, but Flamethrower + Flame Charge is OP and Pignite is a boss, he won here the prize of becoming a rotation member). Finally OPMagneton killed the rest. In my normal Reborn RNG challenge it took me a while to beat Serra and here 3 of my pokemon didn't even appear, heck I didn't even need to break the field. Is this gym too easy? Also, please give her back her Jynx, fighting types have it easy here thanks to Froslass being always her last pokémon.
Team:

Overview

Team.png

Detailed

boldore.gif
Chase ♂ Lv49 @ Hard Stone
Quirky
Sturdy
-Stone Edge
-Rock Slide
-Rock Smash
-Stealth Rock
pignite.gif
Anddew ♂ Lv50
Mild
Thick Fat
-Flamethrower
-Sucker Punch
-Head Smash
-Flame Charge
ponyta.gif
H.Tatsumi ♂ Lv49
Naughty
Run Away
-Flare Blitz
-Bounce
-Low Kick
-Flame Charge
magneton.gif
bepe Lv50
Bashful
Sturdy
-Flash Cannon
-Discharge
-Charge Beam
-Metal Sound
graveler.gif
Vinny ♂ Lv49
Hardy
Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Explosion
-Rock Polish
scraggy.gif
Enripsa ♀ Lv49 @ Black Belt
Lax
Moxie
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Rock Climb
-Dragon Dance

Welp, this is quite easy now, so yeah, give me a horrible pokémon so I suffer vs Noel but if you choose an actually good pokémon I'll be happy guys.
Edited by Redo.

Replies:

hmmm. I hate ducks so no.

I don't wan to make it easy either, but I really like Lairon. So my vote goes to Lairon

Fantastic work on Serra btw.

I didn't PM him so he changed his vote to Lairon, no sir.

So, again there was a tie between Lairon and Ducklet, so...

Random.png

My choice means Lairon win.

UPDATE#9: AND SO IT BECAME HARD AGAIN

Caught:
  • Tirtouga
  • Ducklett
trainer014.png
VS Doctor Sigmund Connal:
Lost in my 1st try (How long did it take for me to write this again?) because MAmpharos is too strong.
2nd try, a few boost of Moxie and Krokorok killed everything.
trainer106.pngtrainer105.png
VS Meteor Dame Avril and Meteor Knight Steven:
This battle was hard as f*ck as I lost twice, but after that I went to the box, took out Golbat and cleaned the floor with them.
trainer021.png
VS Giant Steelix:
I actually forgot that Dusclops had Destiny Bond and used Will-O-Wisp against it. Anyway burn damage + Roselia killed it.
063_1.png
VS PULSE Abra:
DAMN THIS THING. It EASILY 0HKO 4 of my pokemon before I decided to be cheap and just Destiny Bond it with Dusclops.
trainer022.png
VS Noel:
A very hard fought 1st try, that shamefully ended in Clefable beating Scraggy.
Also failed in my 2nd try (Wait, is Noel actually HARD?).

Third time was the charm as Graveler pretty much made fun of Noel (Swapped him for Magneton). If you want to know Lairon beated the Clefable, but I'm quite happy as this is the first hard battle in a while.

Team:

Overview

Team.png
Forgot to name Lairon, well, next update I use him in a gym I will give it a name.

Detailed

swadloon.gif
Marcello ♀ Lv54 @ SilverPowder
Modest
Chlorophyll
-Bug Buzz
-Razor Leaf
-Facade
-Sticky Web
lairon.gif
Lairon ♀ Lv54 @ Hard Stone
Hardy
Sturdy
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw
-Automotize
ponyta.gif
H.Tatsumi ♂ Lv54
Naughty
Run Away
-Flare Blitz
-Bounce
-Low Kick
-Flame Charge
dusclops.gif
TheLugruf ♀ Lv54
Adamant
Frisk
-Shadow Sneak
-Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Destiny Bond
graveler.gif
Vinny ♂ Lv54
Hardy
Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Explosion
-Rock Polish
scraggy.gif
Enripsa ♀ Lv54 @ Black Belt
Lax
Moxie
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Head Smash
-Dragon Dance

Well, for the next update you can vote for both El and Radomus, so please don't kill me with some unusable pokémon.

Edited by Redo.

Just to help ya out here, I'll say Murkrow, as Prankster Perish Song should make Arceus pretty easy (unless something has been changed in Hardcore I don't know about). Murkrow might be useful for Radomus, too, since it has Taunt for whatever has Trick Room on his team.

Just to help ya out here, I'll say Murkrow, as Prankster Perish Song should make Arceus pretty easy (unless something has been changed in Hardcore I don't know about). Murkrow might be useful for Radomus, too, since it has Taunt for whatever has Trick Room on his team.

Well, my Murkrow doesn't have Perish Song, as I decided that Brave Bird was a more uselful overall Egg Move back then, but I take the vote of "Murkrow for Radomus".

XD You think Abra is bad now, you should've seen it when it was Level 75. So many people said it was too strong. As for the Meteor battles, I really beefed them up in the Tanzan base as you don't get too much exp for them. As for El, he only has Arceus right now, but I'll likely add Smeargle and Snorlax to his team (along with a couple full restores) to make him a bit more difficult...unless we actually face him in battle in E16.

As for Radomus, I'm looking at your bug options...and I'm a bit worried for you. I'd rather him be pitifully easy for you than for a worse case scenario here. You could say he got a bit of the Shelly treatment where I really buffed up his Pokemon while getting trick room to work. (Looks at Radomus's team) Yeah...I might nerf his...and probably Samson's teams a little bit. I'm also glad you found Noel to be decent as I had a horrible time testing his team. Imagine getting wiped because of Mincinno flinch hax. I'll vote for Murkrow because you need to bring in the good Pokemon (though Dark Types should be able to take care of most of his Pokemon).

Decisions, decisions..

Murkrow for El

and for Radomus... The only bug type that would be viable is Yanma, but then I shudder of the x4 weakness to rock type moves which the fields turns normal moves into.

I hate a pokemon in min for Radomus and I'vr forgotten it. Wait. Dusklops is my vote for Radomus I think ghost types are the only types that will help agianst his fairy/psychic Mega Gardevoir and his fighting/ psychic Gallade. That's if I remember the team correctly. I really hated gardevoir becuase trick room was setup and I had a bad time

If you are at the point where you can obtain type resist berries from the department store, dusclops might be able to cheaply deal with arceus through d-bond and a colbur berry.

Otherwise, since you've just beaten Noel, I would strongly recommend exploring tanzan mountain for that upgrade and getting P2 onto your team, as I feel you'll need a bulky trick-room user in the near future.

Misdreavious for randomus (because yay more d-bond/perish song abuse)

I'll pass on any recommendations for El.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, sorry for a nearly 7 months hiatus, honestly, I found a job in real life, and I actually started enjoying Pokemon Omega Ruby so there was most of my free time, but now I'll be playing this again at least until I get my hands on my preordered copy of Pokemon Moon.

Replies:

Multiquote doesn't seem to be working right now...oh well.

@Commander: Please buff El a bit, he can still get destroyed by totally cheap tactics.

@sound of silence: Type resist berries? Never used them except on some early DP teams (Waay before Platinum hit the shelves), even in Reborn I think that having your item slot with a Bright Powder is way more worth your space.

@Arkhi: Thanks for letting me revive this!

Also, Murkrow won both El and Radomus, I'm not going to complain.

UPDATE#10: THE HIATUS MADE ME BAD

Caught:
  • None
trainer091.png
vs Fern:
Hey guys, didn't even prepare an strategy for this fight, let's see how this goes.
Annnd totally destroyed on my first try... time ot change teams!
Also, Swaddlon is clearly the weakest pokémon on my current rotation, but being the ONLY decent Sticky Web user make it so valuable that he won't leave my team (even if it sucks). If this message was not clear enough, I wiped Fern out of the map in my second try.
trainer050.png
VS Ranger Sully:
I was a bit hasty and Porygon2 alone couldn't take on her.
trainer083.png
VS Cain:
This time I remembered and came prepared, let's see how this goes...
And a missclick made me loose the first time.
He was not that lucky on the 2nd try as Piloswine made him beg for forgiveness
trainer019.png
VS El:
Oh yeah, I Destiny Bond'd the Arceus, I'm sorry but I wanted to be cheap.
Also, because I actually forgot because the battle was so easy I didn't took a team screencap, but believe me when I say Murkrow was in my team and did nothing.
trainer023.png
VS Radomus:
I loved how you make the advice guy come back Commander, also, I took the Calm Mind route (idk if he has 2 teams or not, but well, I choose the single battle just to abuse Sticky Web).
Wait... did my awesome tactic lost to... Radomus?
2nd try and I totally failed because of Focus Miss actually hitting 4 times in a row.
Okay, my 3rd try was ugly and he destroyed me... gonna report back if something interesting happens.
After failing 6 times I changed my team.
OKAY HONESTLY HOW CAN MGARDEVOIR SURVIVE A +1 FLASH CANNON FROM MAGNETON AND METAGROSS A +1 EARTHQUAKE FROM KROKOROK, THEY'RE NOT THAT BULKY.

10th time was the charm (just like the number of this update), as the RNG was kind to me and made Focus Miss well... miss 4 times in a row. Yeah...

Team:

Overview

Team.png
The Lairon from the last episode got names, it's now called silence.

Detailed

swadloon.gif
Marcello ♀ Lv59 @ SilverPowder
Modest
Chlorophyll
-Bug Buzz
-Razor Leaf
-Facade
-Sticky Web
murkrow.gif
Tomas Elliot ♂ Lv59
Quirky
Super Luck
-Brave Bird
-Faint Attack
-Sucker Punch
-Foul Play
magneton.gif
bepe Lv 60
Bashful
Sturdy
-Flash Cannon
-Discharge
-Charge Beam
-Metal Sound
dusclops.gif
TheLugruf ♀ Lv60
Adamant
Frisk
-Shadow Sneak
-Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Destiny Bond
krokorok.gif
Taco ♀ Lv59
Mild
Moxie
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Trash
-Foul Play
graveler.gif
Vinny ♂ Lv59
Hardy
Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Explosion
-Rock Polish

Okay guys, if you're new to this run, welcome! Now you can cast your votes for Luna, the pokémon that gets more votes I'm forced to use against her, even if it's Metapod (or worse)!
Edited by Redo.

If you want to make him salty, vote for Staravia

And I'm way ahead of you on that El fight. Already planned that baby out and is ready for E16 of Reg Hardcore even. And trust me, that one is cake compared to when you really fight him. Anyways, I can sense the GG salt among you. Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first person who struggled badly against Radomus. In fact, people suggest fight A-Radomus (aka Singles Radomus) just due to Doubles being one of the top 5 hardest (Shelly was number 1 at one point, but fell due to perma-rain being optional now). Good to have you back. And you're probably thankful you have a lot of options now.

If you want to make him salty, vote for Staravia

And I'm way ahead of you on that El fight. Already planned that baby out and is ready for E16 of Reg Hardcore even. And trust me, that one is cake compared to when you really fight him. Anyways, I can sense the GG salt among you. Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first person who struggled badly against Radomus. In fact, people suggest fight A-Radomus (aka Singles Radomus) just due to Doubles being one of the top 5 hardest (Shelly was number 1 at one point, but fell due to perma-rain being optional now). Good to have you back. And you're probably thankful you have a lot of options now.

Wait, the gym leader helper guy told me that singles was harder? Should I go back and fight Radomus in doubles?

Also, a lot of options come before Sanson, as Agate give me access to some of the broken NFE pokémon (Rhydon, Magmar, Electabuzz and Machoke comes to mind, I may forgot some also) but for now my strategies don't go over "set up Sticky Web/Stealth Rock and hope for the best", yeah, the NFE started falling behind the stat curve EV trained and all.

Also, because it was strike through I won't consider that Staravia vote, as I hate it yet I still love Staraptor but I can't use it this time.

I'm only just joining in. Looks to be a fun run, but I doubt I'll ever hate myself enough to try one. Nevertheless I want to suggest a pokemon for the Luna fight.

Since Solosis becomes available a tad before you get to the gym/cave, why not go through the hassle of getting it so you can fully enjoy the bad type match-up against Luna?

You are allowed to evolve it into Duosion, of course.

Cheers

Edited by BlackRum

Replies:

Welcome back Redo! I was actually looking through my own run when I saw you had restarted this one. Talk about coincidence. My vote is for Boldore because more study

Thanks Dragon, this is as fun as ever, and the Roselia finally is a boss.

I'm only just joining in. Looks to be a fun run, but I doubt I'll ever hate myself enough to try one. Nevertheless I want to suggest a pokemon for the Luna fight.

Since Solosis becomes available a tad before you get to the gym/cave, why not go through the hassle of getting it so you can fully enjoy the bad type match-up against Luna?

You are allowed to evolve it into Duosion, of course.

Cheers

Thanks for joining in, not so much for your choice and it's not that I'm allowed, I would have evolved it anyway as Solosis doesn't even deserve to be tested when Duosion exist.

So yeah, I had 3 choices to choose from but random.org did his work.

random.png

And my favorite pick was chosen, I'm quite happy with this.

UPDATE#11: EASYCORE IS BACK

Caught:
  • Carvanha
  • Litwick
  • Pichu
  • Mawile (Illegal, for breeding)
  • Abra
  • Cyndaquil
trainer029.png
vs Harridan Caudburry:
I went without any kind of strategy and just lost because of hax once (Like, her Victrebell got like 6 or 7 critical hits), on my second try a Moxie boost destroyed her.
trainer031.png
VS Magma Kingpin Maxwell:
>Vinny (Graveler) used Rock Polish.
>Vinny (Graveler) easily 0HKO everything.
Honestly Commander, both times this guy was a joke, isn't it time for you to boost him a bit?
And here's why this update took so long. But to make it easier here are some images that show everything.

Berries:

berries.png

Abilities:

abilities.png

Natures:

natures.png

This mean I mined like about 20 Heart Scales (I already had some, but I can't remember how much) and a stupid number of shards, I'm not joking, add the level and EV grinding, and the time softreseting pokémon, mining stones and the psychologist and this project made me waste more time than what it should, at least I got this 3 beauties:

Chansey:

Chansey1.pngChansey2.png
Uh, missed the screen, well, her IV's are 31 in HP and both Defenses.
Call her Stall-lady, the killer of everything that's good, and Dusclops best friend, with her bulk, Soft-Boiled (remember, I can't use items in battle) and fixed damage she is a goddess in my team.

Quilava:

Quilava.png
I got it instantly with those IV's, Timid, shiny AND Flash Fire, yeah he needs to wait to Lv68 to be great but for now I'm quite happy.

Kadabra:

Kadabra.png
Ho-ho-ho.

Pikachu:

Pikachu.png
Not shiny, but those IV's are quite sexy.

So not everything was bad
trainer018.png
VS Bennett:
He is totally misguided and for once I don't sympathize with the loosing team, but hey, here I don't discuss plot but battle strategy, so here we go.
>Cave field: Stealth Rock damage is doubled
GG Bennett, you never had a chance.
trainer034.png
VS Luna:
Hummm, Chansey OP please nerf? A lot?
It was like: Set SR, make cave field, set some Minimize, have fun.
Heck, Chansey made fun of everything (even MTyranitar) up to Mandibuzz, where she put it to sleep and switched to Scraggy where Moxie and DD did the job.
No really, hardcore Luna is just as easy as normal Luna.
Team:

Overview

Team.png

Detailed

boldore.gif
Chase ♂ Lv64 @ BrightPowder
Adamant
Sturdy
-Stone Edge
-Rock Slide
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock
graveler.gif
Vinny ♂ Lv64 @ BrightPowder
Adamant
Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Explosion
-Rock Polish
chansey.gif
Arkhi ♀ Lv65 @ BrightPowder
Bold
Natural Cure
-Seismic Toss
-Sing
-Soft-Boiled
-Minimize
krokorok.gif
Taco ♀ Lv64 @ BrightPowder
Jolly
Moxie
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Trash
-Foul Play
porygon2.gif
BlackRum Lv64 @ BrightPowder
Quiet
Analytic
-Tri Attack
-Signal Beam
-Discharge
-Recover
scraggy.gif
Enripsa ♀ Lv65 @ BrightPowder
Jolly
Moxie
-High Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Head Smash
-Dragon Dance

Well, you can now vote for Samson, also you have like 5 hours to tell me if you want me to catch any pre-Agate pokémon because, well, I can't go back after that.
Edited by Redo.

Do you have a Nidorino? I'd love to see you use one at some point.

Okay, Im going to catch one.

Oh and yeah guys, for now Samson as only 1 vote which is Ducklett, so if you want to do something about that, I would be happy.

You're going to struggle vs Samson with your current rotation. Literally every mon on your team is weak to fighting. I assume you're going to pull out a few others out of your box?

I'll request a Zubat/Golbat against him. Gets you 4x resistance to fighting and it has confuse ray to use Samson's pokemon's high attack stat against them.

Edit: If it's already too late for you to get a Zubat in the Wasteland, then use the Nidorino instead.

Edited by BlackRum