Redo.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates \o/

Mm...

How about Krabby for Cal and Meditite for Kiki? Good luck~

You sir are a sadist. Let me think for Cal. I don't even know considering his team is kind of good (thankfully you can be over his levels making him a bit more tolerable). Kiki shouldn't be too terribly difficult since you have Dusclops to take down one of her major threats. I suppose I recommend bringing Onix to that Cal fight. Stealth Rock ftw.

Edit: As for Magnemite...I don't actually know but probably a regular Reborn one. Well it's getting pushed back for Episode 16 anyways so it doesn't matter.

>Goes to Bulbapedia to check Krabby BST and movepool

I hate you guys...

You sir are a sadist. Let me think for Cal. I don't even know considering his team is kind of good (thankfully you can be over his levels making him a bit more tolerable). Kiki shouldn't be too terribly difficult since you have Dusclops to take down one of her major threats. I suppose I recommend bringing Onix to that Cal fight. Stealth Rock ftw.

Edit: As for Magnemite...I don't actually know but probably a regular Reborn one. Well it's getting pushed back for Episode 16 anyways so it doesn't matter.

Wait what, why is Magnemite pushed back? I don't think there's a better place for him to be that Shade's Gym (Well, probably the Secret Room or the Wasteland)...

Right now my BEST WAY of winning is by using Sticky Web, as most of the gym leaders are quite weak to the speed drop, but that doesn't work on anything hat can one-shot Swadloon...

Hey Commander, where do you think my run will end because it will turn impossible with my ruleset (Solaris? Noel? El? Charlotte? The double battles at the mansion? Terra? Ciel?)

Hey Commander, where do you think my run will end because it will turn impossible with my ruleset (Solaris? Noel? El? Charlotte? The double battles at the mansion? Terra? Ciel?)

If you have to defeat Solaris, good luck. I literally struggled to barely beat him with the team of fully evolved I used and even that took a few retries. If you're not counting him, anything after Kiki is where difficulty starts to spike up. Ciel is probably the only "easy" leader, but once Field AI is implemented, she'll be one of the hardest kind of like how I did a couple things to really make Shelly fight like she's supposed to.

Let me just say that I'm surprised you even made it this far but if you really want to surprise and impress me: defeat everyone up to Serra.

Yay updates. I suggest Sturdy Bonsly with Leech Seed =D

I'm guessing you want me to use Bonsly for Cal, okay, that's not so bad, the only problem is that Krabby is winning! (Please someone vote for Onix).

Also Bonsly don't learn Leech Seed.

I'm actually surprised you made it this far. I'd say use Meditite; it has a good movepool, and Huge Power is pretty useful. Good luck with the rest of this run!

I'm guessing you want me to use Meditite for Kiki, who at this point probably is my fixed 'mon because of 3 votes. Not a bad one I guess.
>Can't learn ANY Psychic type move at this point beside Confusion
Okay it's quite bad...

If you have to defeat Solaris, good luck. I literally struggled to barely beat him with the team of fully evolved I used and even that took a few retries. If you're not counting him, anything after Kiki is where difficulty starts to spike up. Ciel is probably the only "easy" leader, but once Field AI is implemented, she'll be one of the hardest kind of like how I did a couple things to really make Shelly fight like she's supposed to.

Let me just say that I'm surprised you even made it this far but if you really want to surprise and impress me: defeat everyone up to Serra.

I'm obligated to beat Solaris with my ruleset, fml.

Also, that last comment sounds like I will ragequit around Noel, at least tell me I'll get alive to Agate or something...

it's a pitty Rhyhorn isn't available til route 2 as Rhydon is perfectly capable of helping you through the Agate circus saga. On my first run ever of Reborn I forgot about the protector in Iola valley and got a Rhydon and it became a real MVP. You have a few good member though like Pilowsine, while it is no Mamoswine it is pretty good at holding its own. Magneton and Dusklops are also pretty good.

I will go ahead and throw in my vote for Onyx.

Good luck with Solaris. He's a demon. Unless you're willing to cheese it and abuse focus sash and revive items he will definitely pummel you

First of all, thanks you everyone for reading my run!

This time we had a tie with Onix and Krabby, so the winner was decided by random.org

Random_1.png

And...

Random_2.png

I got lucky, those 3 Krabby together actually scared me.

And yes, those "My choice" was a way to cheat the system.

So the winners are Onix and Meditite, not so bad actually.

UPDATE#6: POKÉMON REBORN EASYCORE

Caught:
  • Ditto (Illegal, but can help with breeding... I guess)
  • Meditite
trainer105.png
vs Meteor Knight Kenan:
I died twice vs this guy because only 3 of my team members were alive... I had to use some Revives (obviously before the battle).
trainer095.png
VS ZEL:
Only Jolteon was difficult, but Magneton, Klang and Dusclops made me win in my 1st try.
trainer031.png
VS Magma Kingpin Maxwell:
Used as a test to see if my team was ready for Cal and... it was a joke. In my 1st try Onix made fun of his team, forcing switches and damaging pretty much everything with Stealth Rock and such. No problem at all.
trainer009.png
VS Cal:
There was no rain in this week so I went on a clear day and didn't abuse rain, like a boss.
Onix used SR and then Murkrow punished everything with Brave Bird (he EASILY killed 4 mons!), finally Graveler finished the job.
Team:

Team_1.png

trainer084.png
VS Victoria:
Kiki's test team proved to strong for Victoria, also please nerf Murkrow!
trainer107.png
VS Kiki:
Swadloon made it's job with Sticky Web, after that Meditite cleaned the house until Medicham came out, but Dusclops killed it. Shame I lost Murkrow and Gothorita stupidly.
Team:

Overview

Team_2.png

Detailed

swadloon.gif
Marcello ♀ Lv44
Modest
Chlorophyll
-Bug Buzz
-Razor Leaf
-Facade
-Sticky Web
meditite.gif
St3ffo ♂ Lv45 @ Black Belt
Serious
Pure Power
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Bullet Punch
-Acupressure
dusclops.gif
TheLugruf ♀ Lv45
Adamant
Frisk
-Shadow Sneak
-Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Destiny Bond
murkrow.gif
Tomas Elliot ♂ Lv44
Quirky
Super Luck
-Brave Bird
-Feint Attack
-Wing Attack
-Foul Play
gothorita.gif
Lord Chespin ♀ Lv45 @ TwistedSpoon
Docile
Competitive
-Psychic
-Dark Pulse
-Charge Beam
-Fake Tears
roselia.gif
Dragon116 ♂ Lv44 @ Rose Incense
Naughty
Poison Point
-Giga Drain
-Magical Leaf
-Growth
-Stun Spore

Damn game, from very hard to stupidly easy, Commander this is not what I expected in b4 I never beat Solaris.

Jokes aside, Murkrow w/ Brave Bird is too OP, rarely miss the 0HKO and it's my fastest pokémon if I'm not mistaken, add the Sticky Web crippler of doom and you kill everything.

Also, I will double update next time with Solaris and Aya in the same update, so please cast both votes for the obligatory pokémon.

Finally, new rule (Solaris's rule), if I die 50 TIMES, I may edit the other rules so I can win.

Edited by Redo.

Shameless bump of this post.

Hey guys, you can still cast your votes for Solaris, so don't forget to do that!

Also, can someone tell me his pokémon and levels? So I know what and when to expect it. Theorymon for the win!

I'll send you a PM with them!

I still have to think about what mons you could use against Solaris and Aya honestly, i think you could even change this rule just for Solaris since is probably the hardest battle up to this point

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Well you have to remember I can only do so much when basically all her options for fighting Pokemon are more or less used by a certain other leader (cough Samson cough). TBH, it feels more like Kiki is the mid Episode boss and Solaris is the true boss of the episode if that'd make you feel better. Though I do feel sorry for anyone who's attempting a mono dark trying to get past that Medicham alone.

Hmmm....

For Solaris there isn't really anything I can think of that will save your hide more than a Piloswine to take out that Garchomp. Though I feel like his scizor is more of a threat thanks to the Garchomp being level 50ish now.

TL:DR Piloswine for Garchomp Solaris

For Aya... Her everything can be a pain. But the strong coverage of water moves makes a pokemon I can think of not very useful. I can't remember if you have Klang?? I see you have Magneton So my vote for Aya is between the 2. Leaning more towards Magneton since it is part electric (good luck with muddy water)

TL:DR Magneton for Aya

I just noticed I was named after a Growlithe #epicwinning #nohastag. I feel proud :)

I guess a turn to setup mist is impossible since pilo prob only survives 1 turn :P.

Also doesnt avalanche pretty much oneshot garchomp even through the field debuff?

Even with NeverMeltIce, Icicle Crash is a 2HKO, and Icicle Crash + Ice Shard fails to KO.

The biggest problem is Ttar right now, I need a way of making Ponyta live longer (or, you know, change Piloswine for a better pokemon).

Replies:

Bonsly learns Leech seed through breeding I think.

Bonsly doesn't learn Leech Seed, period. Also, it's a rock, how the hell it would use it?

I'll send you a PM with them!

I still have to think about what mons you could use against Solaris and Aya honestly, i think you could even change this rule just for Solaris since is probably the hardest battle up to this point

Thanks mate, you saved me.

Well you have to remember I can only do so much when basically all her options for fighting Pokemon are more or less used by a certain other leader (cough Samson cough). TBH, it feels more like Kiki is the mid Episode boss and Solaris is the true boss of the episode if that'd make you feel better. Though I do feel sorry for anyone who's attempting a mono dark trying to get past that Medicham alone.

Kiki is a mid boss? With a Mega? lol.

I just noticed I was named after a Growlithe #epicwinning #nohastag. I feel proud :)

Glad you're happy even if I think that Growlithe isn't useful anymore and is permaboxed.

So guys, I finally did it, Piloswine is my pokémon for Solaris and for Aya:

Random.png

It's Magneton!

UPDATE#7: IN MAGNETON WE TRUST

Caught:
  • None
trainer092.png
VS Aster and Eclipse:
Earthquake + Discharge for the win, really, they never got a chance.
trainer097.png
VS Taka:
Wiped to Gliscor in my 1t try just because in Short Circuit field Flash Cannon is Electric type, great.
And he wiped me twice!
ADFSSDOBGVWEOGJLVS THAT CHATOT OF DOOM!
Nope, Cradily too strong.
Finally, in my 5th try, Piloswine tanked everything and killed back.
trainer011.png
VS Solaris:
Basic strategy n°1: Swadloon set up Sticky Web, and then try to sweep with Piloswine, Ponyta, Dusclops, Graveler and Magneton.
Completely destroyed by Garchomp, not even close in my 1st try.
My 2nd try was the one that gave me the int on how to win as only Tyranitar and Excadrill survived, and if I could use my Full Restores I could have won...
After 6 lost the day changed and so did the climate from clear skies to Sunny Day, let's see if this helps.
In my 10th lost I could finally see his last pokémon, Excadrill, but I lost anyway.
Note: Does the AI have magic overpredicting powers? Like, when my Dusclops suicide himself with Destiny Bond to kill Garchomp the AI overpredicts my switch to f*ck me up?
14th try, Swadloon set up his Sticky Web and damages Scizor with Bug Buzz before fainting, Ponyta came in murders Scizor with Fire Blast (the damage from Bug Buzz was needed to 0HKO) and I switch to Piloswine when Garchomp goes out, but this time finally the RNG finally shone on me and Garchomp missed 2 attacks, allowing Icicle Crash to murder it. After that Magneton killed the Gyarados, Dusclops used Destiny Bond on Tyranitar, Graveler earthquaked Excadrill to death and finally Magneton punished Mandibuzz, epic win in not that much tries.
Yes, the RNG gave me that win and I don't care. Also, there's no team screen because the team is automatically healed after the battle, so here's the team after it.
Team

Team_1.png
Swadloon had a Focus Sash, which was consumed.

trainer083.png
VS Cain:
Hi cain, I actually forgot I had to battle you here... Oh well.
Piloswine destroyed it, no point of telling more than that.
trainer091.png
VS Fern:
1st try, death by Serperior (hey Servine, when will you learn that f*cking Leaf Storm?)
Finally won on my 4th try when Serperior missed a Leaf Storm and Vanillish killed back with Ice Beam.
trainer013.png
VS Aya:
I... won on my 1st try somehow. Like, Magneton just said "F*ck it I'm going to kill everyone", and so he took out like 4 pokémon. Discharge + Flash Cannon + Metal Sound OP please nerf.
Team:

Overview

Team_2.png

Detailed

murkrow.gif
Tomas Elliot ♂ Lv44
Quirky
Super Luck
-Brave Bird
-Feint Attack
-Wing Attack
-Foul Play
graveler.gif
Vinny ♂ Lv44
Hardy
Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Explosion
-Rock Polish
piloswine-f.gif
Spineblade ♀ Lv45 @ NeverMeltIce
Quiet
Snow Cloak
-Icicle Crash
-Trash
-Ice Shard
-Mud Bomb
magneton.gif
bepe Lv45
Bashful
Sturdy
-Flash Cannon
-Discharge
-Charge Beam
-Metal Sound
dusclops.gif
TheLugruf ♀ Lv44
Adamant
Frisk
-Shadow Sneak
-Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Destiny Bond
gothorita.gif
Lord Chespin ♀ Lv45 @ TwistedSpoon
Docile
Competitive
-Psychic
-Dark Pulse
-Charge Beam
-Fake Tears

Wow, now it feels like I got through the hardest part of the game alive!

But I guess the game has a lot of surprises waiting for me, so cast your votes for Serra!

Edited by Redo.

I'm genuinely surprised you managed to beat Solaris. He's a real murderer with a really solid team! But you pulled it off and I am literally stuck in awe.

I am sort of surprised by how well Magneton did. I knew it would wreck face (since most steel types do against Aya) but to take it 4 is very impressive!

As for Serra my vote is a difficult one. Her Mirrors can be a real bitch. Luckily you have Pillowswine to Earthquake and destroy them. Ponyta is a good fire type but doesn't learn flamethrower which won't ever miss on that field. it also doesnt learn any good fighting types. I can't remember off hand if Scraggy is available at that point or not? But with Moxie and dragon dance you might be able to sweep some of her pokemon. Who am I kidding though, apart from Mega Abomosnow, who looks threatening the real pain on her team is Froslass who has single-handedly swept my entire team at time.

• Magneton could wreck face
  • Scraggy could wreck face if you have access to it yet
  • Mamoswine could help out with the field plus help KO some stuff. Argg this is tough

Ok, ok ok. I have decided. If Scraggy is available that my vote if not. Magneton. I looked at her team again and the typing of both would help significantly

Btw I meant to ask, is this meant to be a blind run? As in would you prefer people not mentioning the opponent teams or don't you mind? I ask because I see you didn't know Solaris's team off hand

I'm genuinely surprised you managed to beat Solaris. He's a real murderer with a really solid team! But you pulled it off and I am literally stuck in awe.

I am sort of surprised by how well Magneton did. I knew it would wreck face (since most steel types do against Aya) but to take it 4 is very impressive!

As for Serra my vote is a difficult one. Her Mirrors can be a real bitch. Luckily you have Pillowswine to Earthquake and destroy them. Ponyta is a good fire type but doesn't learn flamethrower which won't ever miss on that field. it also doesnt learn any good fighting types. I can't remember off hand if Scraggy is available at that point or not? But with Moxie and dragon dance you might be able to sweep some of her pokemon. Who am I kidding though, apart from Mega Abomosnow, who looks threatening the real pain on her team is Froslass who has single-handedly swept my entire team at time.

• Magneton could wreck face
  • Scraggy could wreck face if you have access to it yet
  • Mamoswine could help out with the field plus help KO some stuff. Argg this is tough

Ok, ok ok. I have decided. If Scraggy is available that my vote if not. Magneton. I looked at her team again and the typing of both would help significantly

Btw I meant to ask, is this meant to be a blind run? As in would you prefer people not mentioning the opponent teams or don't you mind? I ask because I see you didn't know Solaris's team off hand

1. Thanks, I also though this battle was close to impossible because the AI is broken. To be honest, if I could use 1 Full Restore or play in "Switch mode" I would probably have beaten Solaris on my 2nd or 3rd try, but even if the RNG helped me beating him in 14 tries is a great number.
  2. I'm even more surpried with Aya, I just pick a random team with SE or resistances and tried to ee how it worked (completely blind), but Magneton just made fun on her (To be fair, Magneton is actually bulky, quite fast and my strongest pokemon bar Pure Power Meditite by far).
  3. Ponyta movepool for Serra will be Flame Charge, Flare Blitz, Bounce and Low Kick. Low Kick may not be the greatest fighting type move but it's better than nothing (Also, it could 0HKO Solaris's Tyranitar easily).
  4. Scraggy is availeable now (finally), and yes, it will fight a team spot with Meditite.
  5. My strategy for Serra will be something like <Set up SR with Onix, break field with Graveler, sweep with the rest of my SE moves if possible>.
  6. Mamoswine? I think it's probably a mistake but Piloswine is working surprisingly fine right now.
  7. Blind? I guess a NFE, itemless and on set mode with a forced pokemon on each boss battle is not challenge enough on Hardcore, heck, St3ffo send me the full team of Solaris with movepool and natures so I could prepare beforehand, so no.

Tl;dr: No, it's not blind, and I like that you guys spoil me the teams so I can prepare for it.

Edited by Redo.