Ymora Academy [OOC / Sign-Ups Closed]

Chim

(Evil laughs) I mean I have ideas for a few of my members for Citrine's team (yeah, there'll be another returning character, but he's awesome and you'll understand when you see him), but I'm pretty sure it'll change before the end. I think we all went for like 8 team changes because of how everybody wanted so-and-so and we wanted to avoid dupes.

I figured somebody might say that, but I kinda have a very strange goal in mind for Emberly's Team that I didn't state in the Extra category. ((because it's an underlying theme I don't want people to see right away, it nothing one could see at a glance persay..)), considering I'm also using Mons I kinda don't like much ((other than Arcanine)), I'm fairly confident most of them won't be highly picked. ((the only two that might be are going to be early catches as a result.)) and even if People do double up Emberly's battle style is going to be... Pretty strange. I already know kinda what I want to do with it seeing as I've sorta planned ahead lol. I have a few fall back plans, but mostly I'm pretty confident in what I'm setting up. I don't think people are going to expect the style she's going to ultimately end up with. ((I've left a few clues already, but nothing to crazy. You'll have to see as she grows and develops as well as Whisper)).

Baaaaaaaaaaaasically... I don't really care what people pick. I'm picking what I damn well want to because I know I can make them different enough that it's not samey lol.So, yea I don't see my plans getting derailed lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Razor Wind also requires a charging turn, giving it effectively 40 BP.

Considering Absols stats though and the versatility that the RP format gives these moves a lot more viability. Also, super luck + Razor wind, which gets a higher crit ratio, even if we neglected crits before it's still going to have a hell of an impact.

I think I have the idea of what I want new Adeline to be like. It just requires the writing now. I'm also a bit concerned her starter might be a bit much for the start of the RP. Do you guys have issues with a Tropius as a starter?

hai! :3

Some of you might have already seen the status... I'm interested to join. (why am I always saying this so late)

Creating a new character and playing with him/her would be helping me for a project of mine that I am still working on when I have some spare time (I started working on it around the time when I joined this forum, but it has a very low priority. My problem is that I still have to think about some characters, and that is where other roleplays like this come in handy). The thing is, completing the profile will take some time (also, I feel like the characters I play as end up with a different personality than the one that is in the sign-up).

I think I have the idea of what I want new Adeline to be like. It just requires the writing now. I'm also a bit concerned her starter might be a bit much for the start of the RP. Do you guys have issues with a Tropius as a starter?

That's the equivalence of asking if Scyther is too OP for the start. Just know harvest doesn't work as berries can't be used in battles.

Loom, that totally fine dude lol. After all, people do change etc... they grow... usually not too drastically but it can happen. That section is mostly to give us an idea of how they will react to things ((you too.)) but it can change with time. There's a certain point those playing start to figure it out even if it's not a 1 for 1 from the character sheet. Don't worry too much about that.

This one here hasn't begun yet so you got time to put together a profile for it, don't worry. Chim and Dobbs are hand-selecting the characters so it's not jsut the first so many get picked BAM! It's done. So you definitely have some time to get an app up.

ANd hardly. Remember this isn't exactly your... run of the mill pokemon game, things don't really ahve as much over or understated power levels. Heck even if we went by in-game stuff... Tropius would barely be much better than some first forms ((SOME lol.)), so No, don't really have issue with it, unless you like give ti Dragon Dance... which is probably a bit nuts early as it's move that learned late on most Pokemon for a reason. ((since it gets that via breeding.)) but otherwise, na... definitely no problems from me.

• Veterans

Replaced Razor Wind with Feint Attack. Didn't even know Razor WInd had a + crit ratio ._.The whole thing about him being lucky started as a joke his brother threw around after losing a few of their little competitions. When it started becoming a trend however Daniel started to actually take it seriously even though he wasn't too good at the games themselves. It's some kind of weird balance between his luck and his skill, though he has quite a bit of the latter, it 'seems' like he's really lucky. Luck can go both ways and eventually it 'runs out'. Super Luck on Absol kinda reflects this for thematic reasons. Anyways I'll try to expand on both sides of that.

Replaced Razor Wind with Feint Attack. Didn't even know Razor WInd had a + crit ratio ._.The whole thing about him being lucky started as a joke his brother threw around after losing a few of their little competitions. When it started becoming a trend however Daniel started to actually take it seriously even though he wasn't too good at the games themselves. It's some kind of weird balance between his luck and his skill, though he has quite a bit of the latter, it 'seems' like he's really lucky. Luck can go both ways and eventually it 'runs out'. Super Luck on Absol kinda reflects this for thematic reasons. Anyways I'll try to expand on both sides of that.

So you're playing Kam?

Tropius gets D-dance? Wtf? But no, it's not OP as a starter.

hai! :3

Some of you might have already seen the status... I'm interested to join. (why am I always saying this so late)

Creating a new character and playing with him/her would be helping me for a project of mine that I am still working on when I have some spare time (I started working on it around the time when I joined this forum, but it has a very low priority. My problem is that I still have to think about some characters, and that is where other roleplays like this come in handy). The thing is, completing the profile will take some time (also, I feel like the characters I play as end up with a different personality than the one that is in the sign-up).

Just make a character. I already stated that the IC won't be here before October 4th. And that's if I don't get delayed. All the rest is basically what Huk said.

Alright ~ Now I wonder, what should I actually do with the backstory section? Like, change it or something else?

Make Anna less OP and don't set for a straight road you want to take with Shiro. That's what you did last time and I get the same feeling this time around. Leave some stuff open so there are other ways for Shiro to react to certain situations.

For example: last time you were keen on the idea of forcing Shiro to take over the company. Now you basically do the same by stating that his parents, at some point, will withdraw him and that he has no say in it. It's already decided, no room for something else. But what if Shiro gained friends and the confidence to say no? What will his stereotype parents do? Etc...

Right now I get the feeling Shiro won't grow much as a character and still obey even if it means saying goodbye to his friends.

• Veterans

So you're playing Kam?

I like your thinking.

But no, it just came to me as an idea and I decided to develop it a bit to see what it'd come out as. Didn't even think of Kam....till what you said actually XD

I still don't like the idea about a lucky character. It's easy to go too far with it because when are you going to use his luck? To win a battle against someone else? To escape a situation I don't want you to escape? And how far can you 'rely' on it before it runs out?

That's true....I'll cut that part out I guess, trying to experiment with stuff to make him interesting in a way without going edgy like I did last time.

I know you can do it if you put some effort into it. And you still have enough time to make a character.

And I'll get to Bagel's character in a minute. I need some time for this one.

That's true....I'll cut that part out I guess, trying to experiment with stuff to make him interesting in a way without going edgy like I did last time.

Perhaps you could do something more along the lines of risky plays like I do competitively instead of relying solely and luck and haxing. Seriously, many of my victories and loses rely on a very important move hitting or missing. High Risk, high reward playstyle instead of trying to play with luck and using as an excuse to power up moves.

Lol, I'm reading my app for the last time and I'm just like: wth, past me, wth? Though I suppose he was more available to options the last time as he was trying to better himself by going for the coordinator spot...

Anyhow, I'll try to fix my backstory, though I'm really in a pinch regarding what to write. I just really don't know and it's sort of making me feel uncomfortable *scratches head*

• Veterans

Perhaps you could do something more along the lines of risky plays like I do competitively instead of relying solely and luck and haxing. Seriously, many of my victories and loses rely on a very important move hitting or missing. High Risk, high reward playstyle instead of trying to play with luck and using as an excuse to power up moves.

High risk huh.....interesting....could work out if done right......might take this and run......

Lol, I'm reading my app for the last time and I'm just like: wth, past me, wth? Though I suppose he was more available to options the last time as he was trying to better himself by going for the coordinator spot...

Anyhow, I'll try to fix my backstory, though I'm really in a pinch regarding what to write. I just really don't know and it's sort of making me feel uncomfortable *scratches head*

My advice is to work backwards on this. You can keep points the same such as Shiro taking over his parent's company, but change a bit of reasoning or you can go completely anew. Henry's dad pretty much wanted Henry to go to Ymora to make friends. I probably could give you a million ways to make Shiro's character work out...but my other advice is not to make the parents look like bad people (though I suppose Shiro could think of them that way). I'm sure you can figure out the rest or how to fix and revise your character a bit better.

High risk huh.....interesting....could work out if done right......might take this and run......

Happy to be of service (I also felt it would kind of better fit what you're looking for without abuse).