Upcoming gyms

Damage

So after facing Seel and her ace,its come to thought that the remaining challenges will probably have megas and we wont get something to combat it until the last one or E4. With that in mind and how gyms are built to give the leaders their edge, who are you dreading? MegaSalamance from Saphira in a windy gym or MegaSlowbro from Amaria stalling you forever? Hell maybe Mega-Aerodactyl and the inability to ever hit it.

Heather will have Megamance I would think.

Saphira will have MegaCharizardX or MegaAmpharos instead. That way it isn't riding on Dragonite's territory.

Amaria might have Megaslowbro yeah. In fact I'm sure of it since amnesia was something of a move heavily associated with Slowbro back in the day and Amaria has amnesia lol.

Hardy will probably have Megadactyl or Megatyranitar. The latter because of sandstream, the former because it's gonna be the only fast pokemon on his team and I don't think we'd have archeops on two leader teams.

Titania will have Megascizor I'm thinking, but Megamawile is a possibility too.

Mega-Scizor was good but besides Corey, no leader has had a pokemon with a 4x weakness on their team. I'm not too sure about Saphira considering neither of those are dragons prior to mega, which is a lenience only given to Noel according to the forum. I just hope it isn't Garchomp since this would be the third boss that has one.

• Global Mods

I think I'll have the hardest time against Amaria, because high-powered Water moves in a water field. I think Electric moves are powered up in water fields too (assuming she doesn't get her own field that doesn't do this), but I'd be scared to send out Ampharos when she can hit me hard with Surf or Scald or something. I'd be scared of using it at the wrong time and having it faint before I really needed it.

I'm not sure why strong water moves in a water field concern me when the other leaders will have strong moves to go along with their fields too, but they just do.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Mega-Scizor was good but besides Corey, no leader has had a pokemon with a 4x weakness on their team. I'm not too sure about Saphira considering neither of those are dragons prior to mega, which is a lenience only given to Noel according to the forum. I just hope it isn't Garchomp since this would be the third boss that has one.

Ceil had Gliscor and Noivern 4x weak to ice. Luna had Bisharp and Tyranitar 4x weak to fighting

Also, Mega Steelix is weak. Unless Tania's field is permanent Trick Room, she's going to want something with more power like Mega-Aggron. I doubt mega-Diancie because a leader with a legendary seems really far out there. Mega Gardevoir seems the most likely out of all the fairies.

Edited by Dragon116

I doubt mega-Diancie because a leader with a legendary seems really far out there. Mega Gardevoir seems the most likely out of all the fairies.

That would be repeating gardevoir from Radomus

What if Amaria has a water field which gives a boost to pulse attacks and she has both Clawitzer and Mega Blastoise?

Also double weaknesses: half of Flobot (Ferroseed and Cottonee and Breloom), half of Shelly's team (Masq, Yanmega and WormadamTrash), Corey's and Kiki's Croacroaks, Serra's Aurorus (and Aboma before the update), Rad's Exeggutor before E15, Charlotte's Volcarona, Terra's Swagsire and Rawrchomp, Ciel's Smogonbird.

Anyway. I hate the idea of mandatory megas. One of th few Reborn Hardcore leaders I tried by opening the backup before the badge count change was Terra. Mega Swampert over Quag. Oneshot with a grass move. Ok, Quag would suffer the same, but MSwampert has none of Quags Unaware, burnfishing and recovery.

Megas are good itemless Pokemon. And losing the item hurts. It must not be a Mega for a mega's sake. It must be the best team fitting the concept.

I don't know how we can gauge that since we've only seen one leader with a mega. And the mega in question wasn't a flying type and doesn't really add to Ciel's must be pretty personality like another flying mega would have. Like Pidgeot.

Megas are good itemless Pokemon. And losing the item hurts. It must not be a Mega for a mega's sake. It must be the best team fitting the concept.

I'm hoping to see Trick Room Hardy, like his strategy in the regular League. Solrock and/or Lunatone Trick Rooms for his slower Pokemon, like Gigalith. He could use Mega Tyranitar, since Mega Aerodactyl would hurt from Trick Room, but it's not like Trick Room is permanent, so I'd say regular Tyranitar and M-Aerodactyl on his team.

I dunnk what to expect coming up. After seeing the Mega Altaria on Ciel's team, I can't say we'll see anything coming at this point. In all honesty, maybe there won't be Megas on every single Leader. Amaria and Titania already busted out half their teams so far within the story, and still no Mega eligible Pokemon. Then again, who knows? Maybe Adrienn will surprise us with Mega Mawile. Remember we have yet to see Adrienn's Ace.

Maybe there wont be megas but things that would make leaders more like the player. Imagine seeing the ace come out first then again because the leader suddenly gained access to a revive. That would be fair since the player has an immeasurable amount of advantages.

Megas for the upcoming types.

Fairy: Gardevoir, Mawile, Altaria, Audino, Diancie (Legendary)

Water: Blastoise, Slowbro, Gyarados, Swampert, Sharpedo

Rock: Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Diancie, Aggron (Becomes pure steel though when Mega)

Steel: Aggron, Steelix, Mawile, Metagross, Scizor, Lucario

Dragon: Altaria, Salamence, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza (Ame wouldn't be this evil, would she?), Garchomp, Charizard X, Ampharos

Surprised no one mentioned Metagross as a potential Mega for Titania.

But something that we really should be asking: Which of the Megas are weaker than their Aces? If their ace is their strongest, then the Mega would need to be weaker. And which, if any, Megas did they use in the Reborn League? Aren't all their teams from that?

Part of me thinks that Adrienn will have Mega Mawile since that (along with Klefki) will help reduce Poison's effectiveness. Or Mega Audino, because yay, another WHY WON'T YOU DIE? Pokemon.

• Global Mods

I don't really like the idea of facing a trainer who uses Revives... I myself don't use revives or healing items at all, unless it's outside battle and I'm too lazy to go back to the Pokemon Center. idk, I just think the fact that gym leaders even use healing items to begin with takes away from the atmosphere and makes it feel less like a battle of wits and more like anyone can be the best trainer if they have more potions than the opponent, even if they have less skill. This goes for Pokemon games as a whole, not Reborn specifically.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Mega-Steelix with Tania?, Also, Mega-Diancie for Adrien? (the fairy guy, I'm not sure if it's him nameNOT GUY), cause the elder in Coral Ward said that the gym leader who dissapeared had very strong Pokémon from a rare type

I don't think Ame will be giving any of the original 18 leaders any legendaries. Not yet, at least.

It's much more feesible for Adrienn to have a M-Mawile. Save the M-Gardevoir for Radomus round 2

There is a possibility that titania could have Mega Aggron,

But Scizor was her ace anyways... although a Mega Metagross doesn't look half bad right about now.

But if we face her in the desert, then M-Scizor would be better suited anyway.

Hardy would pretty much be M-Ttar. I'd actually be pretty surprised if it isn't.

I can see Saphira with M-Charizard X, seeing as Solaris would probably keep the M-Garchomp to himself.

Amaria is the only one where I can say I have no clue. Though maybe if I examine the field effects more in-deapth, I might get a better answer than "nothing".

Thought to be completely honest, all I want is to see Terra again in Labradorra and see how that goes.

Hardy's aces are Lunatone and Solrock... which are probably uh... less potent than any of the rock Megas out there (in before Hardy's field significantly boosts Lunatone and Solrock).

It would be hilarious while battling Adrienn - we aren't allowed to use items, and xe will have Mega Audino which will Wish-Protect-Toxic stall us to death... (steel/poison types will be mandatory I guess)

I'm pretty sure Amaria will have Mega Pert as the Water Surface and Underwater fields both instantly trigger Swift Swim and if that thing has Power-Up Punch, I could see it being quite the rough fight.

From a purely tactical stand point, it'd make the most sense for a Mega Mawile on Adrienn's team with the neutral damage from Steels and Immunity to poison. Plus Huge Power is spectacular.

Mega T-Tar suits Hardy as it will buff his entire team and probably pack Dragon Dance to punish anything that stays in on it.

Titania will probably have a Mega Scizor because well IIRC that was her ace in the days of the league, although MegaGross would be nice to help with fighting types (she has Aegislash but still).