Giant Steelix // HELP.

MikoLAqualiChromatique

Ok, so i'm playing Reborn, i love so much this game but FTW.

We really have to beat a Giant Steelix lvl 75 ?! I only have a Camerupt, a Skuntank, a Torterra, a Eelektross lvl 50/54 and two others pokemon at lvl 30, and i should beat him ?!

It's so facking hard ! My two first pokemon are OHKO in one shot, when i'm doing Earthquake it say that it's not effective so what should i do ?!

For this moment, i'm really mad about the creators because it's so much haaaaaaaaaard. I don't even have a PC to have the chance to train some water or others pokemon. And even, after the lvl 55 they will do all and nothing. SO.

What should i do to beat him, seriously ?

Maybe i could do a sexy dance and try to seduct him.

I dont know if trying to seduce Steelix would work. Unless it's anime, but we all know how that would go.

The murkrow thing is good for seemingly impossible fights, as is anything with Destiny Bond or Perish song.

I don't know why earthquake isn't super-effective, but if you use it twice in a cave field, it'll collapse the ceiling and instantly knock out every pokemon on the field, so try that.

Try checking around your tms and items. If you have a quick claw, give it to Camerupt and burn it. A Focus Sash works too. And Torterra should be able to take it on rather well. If you have Leech Seed, try switching in you ground weak pokemon into Eelektross to widdle it. Do this also with a burn. :]

I dont know if trying to seduce Steelix would work. Unless it's anime, but we all know how that would go.

The murkrow thing is good for seemingly impossible fights, as is anything with Destiny Bond or Perish song.

I don't know why earthquake isn't super-effective, but if you use it twice in a cave field, it'll collapse the ceiling and instantly knock out every pokemon on the field, so try that.

This works also! :] Lead with Skuntank, get blown away, then send in Torterra and use Earthquake.

I believe the player is able to leave the mountain after the fall. If that's the case, you could either train up or use your team and find a way to beat it. As has been mentioned, Perish Song Murkrow is viable. You could also catch an Aron with Sturdy and teach it Endeavor via the Move Tutor (I think that works with ORAS mechanics though?).

I think it's only a healing machine.

Anyway, Miko, don't worry, we got this!

Btw, EQ WON'T COLLAPSE NO CEILING, IT'S THE ROCKY FIELD!!! EQ does mixed Ground-Rock damage there, and Rock is double resisted by Steelix.

Miko, take a look at your bag. Do you have any Capsules? Not the Nespresso ones to call George Clooney for a cup of coffee and a chat, Ability Capsules. Use them to change Skuntanks ability to Aftermath, which will cause damage if Steelix knocks it out with a contact move. Also, change Camerupt's ability to Solid Rock, to lessen supereffective damage. Make Steelix knock out Skuntank with a contact move, use a Revive and do it again, and use Camerupt to spam SPECIAL Fire moves.

And do the sexy dance for me :P

With your current team, I agree on trying to burn it. Since it's a Steelix, I would suggest hitting it on the special side, but your team almost fully consists of physical attackers...
The field doesn't help so much either, since the two normal abilities of Steelix both get some protection of it.
Personally, I think your team is too physically-sided. Raise a special attacker or a crippler if you can.

Btw, EQ WON'T COLLAPSE NO CEILING, IT'S THE ROCKY FIELD!!! EQ does mixed Ground-Rock damage there, and Rock is double resisted by Steelix.

Damn it Ame! You made an underground cavern have a rocky field? In that case, spam special Fire moves and pray that it doesn't have earthquake. Or doesn't use it. If you have any moves to decrease defense, special defense or any status moves, use those to help.

Edited by SnowGlaceon

IIRC, the dark cave with the heal machine down there should have wild encounters so you can level grind your level 30 mons(unless all the wild encounters don't work the first time you're down there, in which case, curse you Ame!). I just checked, and there's no PC down there, so you're stuck with what you've got.

Believe it or not: Rock Smash might actually be useful here. Because of the Rocky Field, it does x2 damage without having its type changed(Earthquake has its type changed to Rock in the Rocky Field, which is why it was not very effective), and it has a chance to lower Steelix's absurdly high defence.

Edited by aquawaffle

try training up you other 2 pokemon which are lvl 30 to at least lvl 40+ so they can take hits. Camerupt can spam fire type move ie flame burst,lava plume, eruption. Also you can try spamming smokescreen and reducing the accuracy of the steelix atk if it use iron tail and misses it does dmg to itself.

You're probably having trouble because you have almost no special attackers on your team. Steelix excels in one thing: physical defense.

If your entire team consists of physical attackers, then it's no wonder why you think it's too hard.