What Pokemon would you like to see in Smash?

sadcatto

I'm not the best at Smash, but I feel like it would be nice to have some more Pokemon. There's great potential for moves, and there's plenty to choose from.

I, personally, feel like Machamp would do well in Smash. Considering the fact that only one of the Pokemon featured in Smash is a Fighting-type, and not even a pure one at that (not that that's a problem, Lucario's cool), it might make for a nice fighter (which makes sense).

Anyone else have suggestions for this topic?

I don't know anything about Smash, but maybe Gyarados? I just feel like that would be cool.

That's funny, because me and my friends at school were joking about having Magikarp as an item, but when you throw it, it turns into a Gyarados and just straight up kills everyone. Ouch.

Speaking of items, another idea I had was Metapod as an item. Every time you throw it, it gets harder, so that if you keep throwing it around, it can be used as a seriously damaging weapon.

most of the mons in pokénn arena thing game (I forgot what it's called)

Like blaziken.

(and machamp)

Bisharp would be cool,

most humanoid-shaped pokés.

(Gardevoir?)

Although designing an entire smash moveset for gdvoir might be difficult, I don't know.

Plus she doesn't seem like a brawling, smashing type of pokémon.

Then again she was in Brawl as a pokéball item pokémon.

But she just reflected projectiles I think.

Speaking of items, another idea I had was Metapod as an item. Every time you throw it, it gets harder, so that if you keep throwing it around, it can be used as a seriously damaging weapon.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea! :0

Your ideas for items have already been done.

There is a pokeball Pokemon in Brawl that functions like your metapod idea, except it is Bonsly.

For the magikarp thing. The cuccos from Zelda, and the beehive from Animal Crossing essentially do that.

Though I really like machamp a lot, I am also planning to main Machamp and Lucario in Pokken btw, my main personal picks would be Tyranitar and Sableye. Ttar would be a heavyweight that would draw a lot of inspiration from Godzilla, and Sableye would be a troll who would have a gameplan designed around status ailments. Toxic to do damage over time. Will o Wisp to diminish the opponent's damage output. Locking moves of of the opponents moveset with taunt, like maybe use it to disable shielding.

But if Sakurai came knocking at my door and asked me who I thought the best smash candidates from the Pokemon universe would be, I would say Eevee, Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Blastoise. Eevee could be a stance change character with multiple forms and attacks based on her different Eeveelutions. Her dash attack, recovery, and dodge rolls could involve her turning into Jolteon and zip around. Shielding woud involve her using Vaporeon's acid armor. There are just a lot of ideas you could go with for the character.

Blaziken would be a tae kwon do character with lots of rushdown and rapid hitting kick moves. Gardevoir would be a campy character and function like Zelda or Palutena. And lastly Blastoise. Blastoise was actually considered for brawl to compliment charizard, but Sakurai decided to go with Ivysaur and Squirtle over him. He could use his canons to jet himself around as well as pull off rocket punch and tackle attacks.

Really, nearly all pokemon need a smash character. And need to all be put into their own game. Pokken doesn't cut it for me either. Pokken looks and feels more like a tradition fighter ala SF and MvC and a lot less like Smash, which is way more fun in my opinion.

Zoroark sounds like it would be pretty fun, although I'm not sure how its Illusion should work...
I thought Nidoking and Gengar would be quite interesting. Gengar as some kind of Kirby, but based on long(er) range attacks, frailer, and more powerful, while Nidoking could be a more of a mix (EQ, Megahorn or Poison Jab physically, but special attacks on the other hand. Perhaps a Sludge Wave Final Smash?) Gengar could be a total troll by making its Final Smash Perish Song, killing everyone including Gengar itself...

If I were able to choose any Pokemon to be added into Smash as a playable character, it'd be Cyndaquil, though given his irrelevance, that is obviously not going to happen. Other mons I'd like to see would be Nidoking and Aggron. I imagine Aggron would be a character similar to Bowser, with slow movement speed but strong moves to back it up. I could see Nidoking working in a variety of ways, due to his diverse movepool. They could go with stuff like Horn Drill and Megahorn for a physical fighter, Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard/Sludge Wave for a mor ranged fighter, or some mix of both.

As playable Character... hmmm...

Hitmonchan (yeah, we have a Boxer with Little Mac but...)

Special-Moves:

Neutral-B: Elemental Punch / Mega Punch

Uses a random Elemental Punch, or uses Mega Punch if used to often in succession...

Ice Punch -> Freezes the enemy in an Iceblock for a short period of time

Fire Punch -> Sets enemy on Fire, dealing minor damage over time

Thunder Punch -> Electric Charge gives more Knockback-power (higher KO potential)

Mega Punch -> like a regular punch... but a bit stronger...

Side-B: Mach Punch

Dashes forward for a small distance, becoming invisible/invulnerable, and punches the first enemy hit

(for the dash, think it like Fox/Falcos Illusion move)

Up-B: Sky Uppercut

Uppercuts the enemy and jump into air with a slight angle. Higher Damage when the enemy is in the air, higher KO-Potential when both (Hitmonchan and the enemy) are on the ground.

Down-B: Revenge

Prepares a heavy punch, that goes of after a short delay for minor damage. If Hitmonchan is hit during the delay, the attacker is hit immediatly for triple the normal damage and high KO-Potential.

Ultra-Smash: Close Combat

Dashes forward for a huge distance (stopping at ledges), until it makes contact with an enemy. If it hits an enemy Hitmonchan unleashes a flurry of Punches onto that enemy, dealing massive damage, with the final blow being an uppercut with high KO-potential

Zoroark sounds like it would be pretty fun, although I'm not sure how its Illusion should work...

I thought Nidoking and Gengar would be quite interesting. Gengar as some kind of Kirby, but based on long(er) range attacks, frailer, and more powerful, while Nidoking could be a more of a mix (EQ, Megahorn or Poison Jab physically, but special attacks on the other hand. Perhaps a Sludge Wave Final Smash?) Gengar could be a total troll by making its Final Smash Perish Song, killing everyone including Gengar itself...

I was thinking this,

Zoroarks big selling point is "illusion".

Without that, it loses a lot of appeal.

As for sableye, that sounds like a cool idea.

I like sableye actually.

(Ghosts ftw)

I was considering banette but I felt like smaller humanoid pokemon would be kind of weird in smash.

But then again there's characters like Jiggly and squirtle (they're not as humanoid as such I guess)

Also pinsir,

That could work,

I personally prefer Heracross though.

And his fighting type would tie in nicely with the whole "brawling" theme.

Edited by Juuzou