Literally "OPEN HOUSE" on anything you think involves maturity.

If want some where to start from:

What is Maturity?

What are your standard for such?

What acts can be seen as such?

Do you expect a pokemon to ever have "mature" content?

Social Standards of Maturity?

I know the meaning of life is 42 so your answers can stem from there...

Social standards on maturity from society are a bit contradictory, just like a lot of stuff society in general thinks, so it's best not to think about that. Everyone has different interpretations on the meaning and standards of maturity so I personally tend not to think about it but I at least every to have the decency not to crack up a joke or do something stupid when in presence of an emotional turmoil, whether it's their own or another person is suffering one.

I would talk about the pokemon anime having subtle mature references but I don't have time for that...

ma·ture

məˈCHo͝or,məˈto͝or/

adjective

fully developed physically; full-grown.

"she was now a mature woman"

synonyms: adult, grown-up, grown, fully grown, full-grown, of age, fully developed,in one's prime, middle-aged

"a mature woman"

2. denoting an economy, industry, or market that has developed to a point where substantial expansion and investment no longer takes place.

Edited by BreezyPonie

• 2 weeks later...

Maturity is when you can look after yourself the best you can. If I said only the "look after yourself" -part, that would by definition mean that handicapped people couldn't be mature.

I'd say that thinking on your own, being able to form opinions on your own without anyone spoon-feeding them can be seen as a mature trait. Taking responsibility for your own life like paying bills or whatever, and choices. You start to gain "insight" on various things and how they work, insight on life.

In a way some Pokemon games already do have somewhat mature content, like Black & White imo.

Funny, I'm a bit over 22 years old and I think I know what "maturity" is.

It does depend on culture. Case in point, drug/driving/consent ages can vary throughout different countries. Maturity is percieved differently by different cultures.

If you want to talk about personal maturity, I'd say a good rule of thumb is being able to NOT worry about maturity is when you're fully mature. Many people in their 20s, 30s are considered functioning adults for the most part, but they can still worry about being inexpirienced. I'd say when you've reached self-awareness and some kind of confidence in your actions is when you've matured fully.

IMO maturity is based on personal experiences and how you handle certain situations. Maturity levels can differ due to certain factors (education, religion, country). Also it can based on how other people view maturity. One society can see it one way and the other the opposite. All I know is that you can't just turn it on.

Being "mature" means that you are able to look at yourself and the others objectively; when you are able to distinguish yourself from the others and draw a line in between, because what the others are/do, shouldn't affect you/your ideals.

Maturity is when you realize that there's not only "Bad or Good", but there's "Bad AND Good". And it doesn't end there. Because not all people are completely bad or completely good. There's also a "grey" side of things.

You get more confident with your general abilities and you start to understand where your limits are. When you take the responsibility of your actions and stop running away (like telling lies).

You get more and more mature as you go through life, of course. And what happens in your life decides how quickly you get to being rational and more self-conscious.

The "maturity" age differs from country to country, but it's completely relative. Just a standard age that has to be there for diplomatic purposes.

You can reach the mental maturity at 12 years old, just like a 30 years old guy might still be thinking about looking up a woman's skirt.

This is quite ironic, I have to give a ~15 minute presentation to my English class about Maturity portrayal in two novels so I suppose I know a little bit about it xD

I think Maturity is quite simply ability and aptitude to respond appropriately to a situation. Being "mature" is in this sense, not about physical age and not necessarily about experience, just that one is inclined to ask appropriately. A decent example that I think I can give for this is swearing. Although most people would inherently agree that swearing is immature it matters on context. In a situation where you stubbed your toe, most people wouldn't call you immature. On the contrary, shouting out a string of curses during a funeral would most definitely cause people to view you as immature.

maturity is a social concept that is vaguely defined by society, physical development, mental development, and law. The standards applied in everyday life though are determined on a more personal level. To me maturity is taking responsibility, accepting work and taking initiative, and demonstrating a certain level of education (enough that I can speak to you as an equal and not need to adjust the paradigm of my vocalizations).

generally attending college, getting a good, stable job, and raising kids once at a responsible and healthy age are seen as acts that demonstrate maturity.

As far as mature content in official pokemon, I would say that there are plenty of references but would also admit that there will never be blatantly mature content because of the targeted age group.

Edited by Xenome

• 1 month later...

I always thought that adults were naturally mature.

That was an incorrect assumption. Because now, as an adult, many adults are less mature than their own children.

I know adults that if you posted that it was sunny outside, they'd argue with you on facebook till they were blue in the face.

I know adults that did something wrong, and when the other person resolved the situation, said everything was fine, and the issue ended, came back again because they NEEDED to have the last word.

Maturity is only a front people put up in order to promote " socially acceptable" behaviour basically a way for you to convince yourself to ignore your actually instincts and desires.

Nobody is actually mature just remember nobody no matter how old, wise, smart or stupid, there is still something that can be done to get them to tantrum.

Edited by Narckarth