Pokemon Revolution

I like the monotype tier.... that and having every type was fun as hell, also i have waaaaay too much free time, i have the time to make semi competitive monotypes. (by semi competitive i mean w/ pokemon of choice and scary movesets, i can edit them up later if i need to)

Edited by Shadow Tack

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually sounds like a good idea due to my awful monotype teams....

just send me the mons you want and i'll what i can do xD don't worry i only want to mak it harder for less skilled players, there are massive flaws in all of my teams

I would like to apply as the Fairy type gym leader.

Name: Arcadeon

I could provide sprites for this character, though it's more of a recolour than anything else

Team:

Gardevoir - Calm Mind Psychic Moonblast Shadow Ball - Trace
Klefki - Spikes Reflect Light Screen Thunder Wave - Prankster
Togekiss - Air Slash Aura Sphere Thunder Wave Dazzling Gleam - Serene Grace
(mega)Mawile - Iron Head Play Rough Sucker Punch Swords Dance - Huge Power
Clefable - Cosmic Power Moonlight Sweet Kiss Moonblast - Cute Charm
Azumarill - Play Rough Aqua Tail Double-Edge Amnesia - Huge Power
Personality: Generally I light hearted person who wants nothing but the best for his town and people, however challenging aspiring trainers is top priority as he would like to improve his tactics as a gym leader trying to perfect his team, however-ever when it comes to people disrespecting and abusing pokémon and people he has a short fuse and will often take things too seriously which could lead to their being issues as he does not think these things through before acting upon them.
Dialogue would be up to you
I like this one
Edited by micky33000000

You all seem to forget that I have a Salamence, too. Then again, I also have a Gardevoir, but I digress. XD

Since I am the Leader of the Black November (Scorpitaria, if that is the new shorter name), I honestly have no idea what the ranks will be for pbood and Jamaka. Jamaka, if you want to be something else, that is fine.

Jacob, do you want the Admins to give more information as well, such as personality, and all that?

Oh, and Kyler is Jamaka, in case anybody didn't know.

One question. Since I'm the leader of the Black November, does that kinda make me the Vice Leader of Ultima in a way, like Colress from Black and White 2? If so, I wouldn't really mind. Either way, I'll still be humble about it, and call myself an Admin (Should my position change over time)

I'll allow it.

As a Revolution Gym Leader, I'll need some info. Just to keep things clear. I will allow Gen 4 sprites but only battle sprites.

Your preferred name
Appearance
End Game Pokemon (I'll handle scaling)
Personality
Unnecessary but helpful
Sprites (Transition, Battle, Overworld)
Quotes
Battle theme

Alright, I'm gonna try this now.

Name: Snow should be fine. Gym title is Cryokinetic.

Appearance: About 18 years old. Dark skin, sliver-blue hair and eyes. Clothes like the ones on my trainer card sprite.

Team:

1.Cloyster w/ focus sash

Adamant nature

Skill link

Shell smash

Icicle spear

Rock blast

Waterfall

2. Weavile w/ Scope lens

Jolly nature

Pressure

Night Slash

Poison Jab (suck it faries)

Icicle Crash

Brick Break

3. Glaceon w/ Brightpowder

Modest nature

Blizzard

Shadow Ball

HP fighting/ water pulse (you chose, though I think hp fight works best)

Double Team

4. Mamoswine w/ Life orb

Adamant nature

Thick fat

Earthquake

Icicle crash

Iron head

Ice shard(priority)/Maaybe Curse. It's not exactly fast atm. Other options include Body slam or something. This last slot is a total wild card.

5. Rotom-Frost w/ light clay

Timid nature

Thunderbolt/ Discharge (higher para chance)

Light screen

Blizzard

Reflect

6. Glalie w/ Glalite

Jolly Nature

Double-edge

Super fang

Crunch

Earthquake

Personality: My idea was to have him be a supporting character. The Cheren to your BW2 if you will. Someone who helps the player from time to time, like helping them fight Black November and such. Eventually the player battles him and earns his badge.

Snow is a slightly mysterious character. Holding a personal vendetta against Scorpia, he wants nothing more than their end. Something about his past. Although cold towards them, he is warm and friendly towards everyone else, never hesitating to help a person in need. He's always the one to come up with an attack plan. Also a class A smart ass.

Sprites:

HAHAHAHAHA, NO. I have no idea how to do that. Maybe I should learn. Or learn scripting or something. Give me a year and I'll be ready to start composing music and stuff.

Quotes:

Before entering the gym:

Oh! Hey, <player>! What brings you to (insert city)?

So you're challenging the gym, huh? Alright, but the gym leader here is no walk in the park. Who is it? Why none other than yours truly~ See you inside!

Pre- Battle:

So you finally made it! I was getting bored. Welcome to the (insert city) gym. You've done well to make it this far, but this world is a cold harsh, and unforgiving one. If you want to make it in this world, you need to carve your own path, and that takes willpower. Can you match my will? If so you will succeed, if not... Prepare to get frozen in your tracks! Let's go!

Last pokemon:

It's not over yet...

Defeated:

I knew I saw something in you. You have the will to brave even the strongest of snow storms. Congratulations, you've earned the ___badge!

Post battle:

That was fun. You're really something else. You know what that means, right? I'll be counting on you to help me beat Scorpio!

Battle theme:

X and Y legendary remix by GlitchxCity. It's like my character, lively and mysterious.

Encounter music: Gaur plains daytime. Not sure if this'll actually be a thing, just wanted to put it out there.

PS, I was planning on learning scripting and mapping and stuff. Once I get started, I'd love to help out wherever I can. Music will have to wait, unfortunately...

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Alright, I'm gonna try this now.

Name: Snow should be fine. Gym title is Cryokinetic.

Appearance: About 18 years old. Dark skin, sliver-blue hair and eyes.

Team:

1.Cloyster w/ focus sash

Jolly/Adamant nature

Skill link

Shell smash

Icicle spear

Rock blast

Razor shell

2. Weavile w/ Life Orb

Jolly nature

Pressure

Knock off

Ice shard

Icicle Crash

Low kick

3. Glaceon w/ Brightpowder

Modest nature

Blizzard

Shadow Ball

HP fighting/ water pulse (you chose, though I think hp fight works best)

Hail/Mirror coat (depends on if perma-hail is a thing)

4. Mamoswine w/ Life orb

Adamant nature

Thick fat

Earthquake

Ice shard

Icicle crash

Knock off/ Iron head

5. Rotom-Frost w/ Choice Scarf?

Timid nature

Thunderbolt

Volt switch/

Blizzard

Trick/ Confuse ray (if not scarfed)

6. Glalie w/ Glalite

Naive Nature

Double-edge

Freeze dry

Protect

Earthquake/ Crunch

This is where Metagame =/= good in game (and half the reason leaders like Ciel are laughably easy). I've done this enough to give decent advice on each.

Cloyster: Waterfall is better for flinch hax (and is slightly stronger). I'd make it Adamant because not much is going to outspeed you after a Shell Smash (outside of a priority move).

Weavile: Life Orb is fine, but Scope Lens is something to consider. Not everyone uses items (I think I only run 2 or 3 with them) so Night Slash is often better then knock off considering item selection. Low Kick can be a little weird with the AI so I always feel brick break is more reliable and effective. Ice Shard is worthless most of the time considering Weavile's speed and is better used for another move like X-scissor or Poison Jab.

Glaceon: If you have to use it, double team is a must. You're gambling on dodging as Glaceon usually can't one shot anything which is devastating. Hail lasts for a very short time which is why I don't recommend it. Glaceon isn't bad, but it doesn't suit your team design (you'd need to drop Cloyster as a lead and have something with Hail...Cloyster can be used outside of a lead though).

Mamoswine: Again, Ice Shard is worthless on something fast. Not much else to say (I've run mixed for Serra and that works fine for me)

Rotom: Choice Scarf...

I think it's honestly the stupidest tactic people use in OU (and sometimes pretty much makes it an auto win for me). Ranting aside, go with either a ultility or tank by giving it Light Clay with Reflect/Light Screen or Leftovers with Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split. It's got bulk so you may as well use it. (I gave Blake's a Magnet for Hardcore because Rotom doesn't really need an item half the time)

Glalie: Personally, I run a Timid one, but to each his own. Don't run protect because the AI won't use it half the time. If it's your ace, don't run explosion, but I like explosion on this baby because of the sheer amount of damage. Shadow Ball isn't bad if you decide to make it special based. (Super Fang is also fun to run on it).

You all seem to forget that I have a Salamence, too. Then again, I also have a Gardevoir, but I digress. XD

Since I am the Leader of the Black November (Scorpitaria, if that is the new shorter name), I honestly have no idea what the ranks will be for pbood and Jamaka. Jamaka, if you want to be something else, that is fine.

Jacob, do you want the Admins to give more information as well, such as personality, and all that?

Oh, and Kyler is Jamaka, in case anybody didn't know.

One question. Since I'm the leader of the Black November, does that kinda make me the Vice Leader of Ultima in a way, like Colress from Black and White 2? If so, I wouldn't really mind. Either way, I'll still be humble about it, and call myself an Admin (Should my position change over time)

I was thinking pbood could be a spy to keep a watch on the league and as for myself, I could be the brute force and could be a grunt for Don. Is all of us is alright with Pbood2 being our spy?

Edited by OmegaRa1der

This seems really cool. I'd like to apply for Normal type Gym

Preferred Name: (Lord) Ezel

Appearance: I wouldnt mind him looking similar to the protaganist from Pokemon Conquest or Juan from the original pokemon games, just to make things easier, but I wanna go White Hair and maybe add a crown lol. Also a black/white Coat would be cool.

End-game Team :

Mega Kangaskhan

Staraptor

Slaking

Diggersby

Porygon 2

Smeargle

Exploud

If legends are allowed:

Meloetta

Let me know if you need the sets

Background Info: He is now the Lord of his land(Whatever you end up choosing) now that his father has passed. He controls a pretty huge task force that force his views on the people. While Ezel may seem evil, he is actually pretty considerate to his people, which is why there has been no rebellion.... yet.

Personality: Acts like a King, and is very arrogant. He won't interact with anyone whom doesn't prove themselves worthy and will not accept challenges from anyone with less than ? badges. He does love pokemon, but only his. He believes his pokemon were choosen, while the other pokemon are just pitiful. His pokemon have also acquired his personality. (It would be cool if this were a later gym leader, just to correspond with the "wont accept challenges from anyone with less than ? badges")

His goal is to achieve the ultimate normal type (Arceus) through any means. When he was young he was told stories of his great great great Grandfather once wielding the power of a God named Arceus and that's how their family got into power (also explaining why Ezel specializes in the normal type). Its up to you if you want to actually include this though, maybe this would be a means to join the evil team or something.

Quotes:

Before challenging Ezel: How many badges do you have?

Before battle: You are one of the few people I allow to challenge me which means you are worthy, but let me remind you this is a one time thing, if you lose you may not challenge me again. My kingdom, people, and pokemon only function by my power. Now let me show it to you. (of course if you lose, you will respawn at the pokemon center and will be able to challenge him again lol)

Last Pokemon: The great Kingdom of Ezel SHALL NOT FALL!

Defeated: ..... This outcome was not expected. I applaud you (gives tm/badge). But I should tell you, I only use about 60% of my power when I accept gym battles, so do not even think for a second that you've bested me. Now begone I have great matters to attend to, and pray that we never meet again in the future.

Let me know if you need anymore information and also let me know if i'm getting the story worng. I think I might have, but not really sure.

Battle theme: Ghetsis theme/ Ghetsis remix

Feel free to exclude or change some information if it cant fit in the story.

Edited by Milotic

This is where Metagame =/= good in game (and half the reason leaders like Ciel are laughably easy). I've done this enough to give decent advice on each.

Cloyster: Waterfall is better for flinch hax (and is slightly stronger). I'd make it Adamant because not much is going to outspeed you after a Shell Smash (outside of a priority move).

Weavile: Life Orb is fine, but Scope Lens is something to consider. Not everyone uses items (I think I only run 2 or 3 with them) so Night Slash is often better then knock off considering item selection. Low Kick can be a little weird with the AI so I always feel brick break is more reliable and effective. Ice Shard is worthless most of the time considering Weavile's speed and is better used for another move like X-scissor or Poison Jab.

Glaceon: If you have to use it, double team is a must. You're gambling on dodging as Glaceon usually can't one shot anything which is devastating. Hail lasts for a very short time which is why I don't recommend it. Glaceon isn't bad, but it doesn't suit your team design (you'd need to drop Cloyster as a lead and have something with Hail...Cloyster can be used outside of a lead though).

Mamoswine: Again, Ice Shard is worthless on something fast. Not much else to say (I've run mixed for Serra and that works fine for me)

Rotom: Choice Scarf...

I think it's honestly the stupidest tactic people use in OU (and sometimes pretty much makes it an auto win for me). Ranting aside, go with either a ultility or tank by giving it Light Clay with Reflect/Light Screen or Leftovers with Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split. It's got bulk so you may as well use it. (I gave Blake's a Magnet for Hardcore because Rotom doesn't really need an item half the time)

Glalie: Personally, I run a Timid one, but to each his own. Don't run protect because the AI won't use it half the time. If it's your ace, don't run explosion, but I like explosion on this baby because of the sheer amount of damage. Shadow Ball isn't bad if you decide to make it special based. (Super Fang is also fun to run on it).

Great advice, thanks man. I can't make edits now but I will asap.

Sure Jamaka I'm cool with being the tea spy. My dark side sprite might have to change then lol for when I join team scorpia.

Regarding commanders suggestions, everyone runs things differently and what might be good in reborn doesn't mean it will be good in this. I would honestly suggest offensive sp at rotom and adamant goalie so you have 3 attackers and 3 sp atkers. Also I always have items on all my pokemon and for rotom I go life orb or leftovers. When it comes to mama I would keep the nice shard just because many is only 80 speed and it's a nice pick up kill with ice shard.

These are just suggestions though.

If I were to go with dual screens Rotom I could use it as my lead. My major worry is entry hazards, Stealth Rocks specifically. I wanted to run a hail team originally, hence Glaceon, but the only two pokemon with Snow Warning aren't very good. Aboma has wayyy too many weaknesses. Additionally, this battle will probably end up being singles, since Earthquake hits everything on the field. I can replace Glaceon grudgingly but I'll need another special nuke...

Aren't entry hazards pretty much pointless vs the AI because they aren't likely to switch anyway? Or am I missing something here?

You're probably right. I'm doing this based off my showdown battles. Now to solve the hail issue... Perma hail please...

Aren't entry hazards pretty much pointless vs the AI because they aren't likely to switch anyway? Or am I missing something here?

Yes and no. Leaders will switch based on certain scenarios. If their current Pokemon can't do anything (or crap damage...that's important) they will switch into something that can damage the Pokemon. Leaders aren't programmed to function well under stalling unless you pick a certain moveset to work with. Still, the damage from stealth rock is pitiful and really won't make that much of a difference (I think stealth rock is useful...just overrated).

For most Pokemon games, hazards are worthless, but they can be useful in a few scenarios. Toxic Spikes has the most uses due to poison scaling, but the others aren't as useful due to being harder to obtain. Stealth Rock has uses, but I wouldn't bother covering for it because the typical player doesn't use it.

Oh, Omega! I just realized something... If you still wanted to be both the Electric Gym Leader, AND a member of the Black November and Ultima, why not sign up to be the Electric Gym Leader, too?

Oh, and I wouldn't really call you a grunt of mine, since we're both part of the Black November and all. Since you are the brute force, why not be my body guard as well?

And yes, having pbood as the Spy would be quite useful, so we can get the good details about the League, and the whole region, too.

P.S. Holy CRAP! This topic has 70 posts already, and it's only been around for one day!

Would be cool if we could somehow squeeze all the eevees in the game. Also quick question, what do I replace with double team on Glaceon?

Maybe Mirror coat/Hail. Double team and hail pretty much do the same thing, but you can set up more with double team and Hail only lasts 5 turns. I guess it depends if you want to be super evasive or not. You would lose out on 100% acc Blazzard though. I think Ice Beam is a pretty good move though since this set is based on evasiveness, it has more PP then Blizzard.

so are there only gym leader positions open right now i don't think it was said anywhere

if you could apply for anything else

I like this as a battle theme don't know what I'm going to choose yet though

Edited by nepeta100

Maybe Mirror coat/Hail. Double team and hail pretty much do the same thing, but you can set up more with double team and Hail only lasts 5 turns. I guess it depends if you want to be super evasive or not. You would lose out on 100% acc Blazzard though. I think Ice Beam is a pretty good move though since this set is based on evasiveness, it has more PP then Blizzard.

I'm hoping I can pull a Crawli and have hail be the overworld weather condition. That way it's permanent until changed by the player, which is a viable strategy. Ice field, if implemented, does the same job nicely. That being said, I'll get to editing my previous post now.

I think what Milotic is saying is good opinion so I would see what you want to go with: evasion or all out offense for glaceon. If Jacob does fields, i'm sure you're getting some kind of ice field which accounts hail.

Also, I'm wondering if you saw my latest suggestions Snow. I believe having offensive rotom is really good for your team and I don't believe rotom should be a screen setter because it's got huge sp atk stat while also being bulky.

Also account for sr because being ice, it will do 25% to most of your team which is huge in a gym battle. Can anyone on your team get defog?

Yes Trevo. I will be a very useful spy for you. ;D I agree with Trevo about being electric and part of team scorpia too.

PBX I love your character's name. It's so cool.

nepeta you can apply for the spots listed in the first post. Mostly gym leader and grunts, aces spots too.

Well aqua what type of team do you want because I can help pick pokemon based on what you want. :D

Snow for glaceon, I highly suggest water pulse over HP fighting because has chance of confusion and bodies fire, rock and steel (neutral) all weaknesses of ice. HP fighting deals with only steel and rock.

Edited by pbood2