Wow

Revengercm

I don't know how but everything dies with one hit. Amber is a pain. My first run was soooo easy and now I have no way to defeat her.

Make it single battle UGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

So stupid when everything one shots you and the biggest key to win (Krookodile) dies in one shot.

You're making the same mistake Ame did.

Is Rain Dance even in the game?

Edited by Revengercm

• Developers

I think you might want to elaborate. If you mean Amber is too hard to beat then I'd suggest getting a Pokemon with Earthquake (I swept her team with a moxie Krookodile) or use rain dance. Some people have actually said that Amber was a lot easier than other Gyms, so I'm sure you'll get there.

Edited by Chivalry

Camerupt was my key to victory,rock slide to hit the 4x weakness,earthquake for the other and Eruption at full hp to do some crazy damage.If you can't counter her field...Play with it

Camerupt was my key to victory,rock slide to hit the 4x weakness,earthquake for the other and Eruption at full hp to do some crazy damage.If you can't counter her field...Play with it

pokemon_oras__mega_camerupt_by_ky_nim-d7

Camurupt is literally the fire type counter. Rock Slide. Eq and Earth Power coverage :]]]

You can also use Typhlosion if you have it, or Houndour from the gang sidequest. Flash Fire mons beat her. You can also get Rain Dance back in Carotos Mountain or Valor, the one where the plot went crazy

lava on the peak n stuff

Rain Dance + Camurupt is how I made it.

You get Rain Dance from Valarie if you beat all the Dexoy. I used a snow warning Abomasnow to remove the sun so she could stop OHKO'ing all my pokemon. Then I used Golem to kill the Charizard and since the sun was gone her pokemon kept wasting turns using solarbeam. So Golem combined with the rest of my team did it. I forgot Camerupt and other flash fire mons existed lel.

Lunatone with rain dance+damp rock and Empoleon with aqua jet wrecked her, after 1st turn raindance I AJ'd Ninetails and stone-edged Charizard, then just killed everything until Typhlosion. The Typhlosion kept going for EQ which did nothing to Empoleon b/c of its horrible attack and Lunatone was immune, but still wrecked her Magmortar/other mons, EZ PZ.

Lol. I shouldn't need to train a specific pokemon just to win a gym battle. I actually manage to beat it with the OPness of Dragon Dance Haxorus but it's still a joke I had to set up twice in order to win.

My biggest problem is Typholosion's Eruption still OHKO at half health. Gladly with two dragon dance Haxorus killed it.

I had Abosmasnow aswell but I wouldn't use him just to beat her gym. Gym Leaders should be beatable by any team you build, if it's good ofc.

Kroodiles was screw because everything had solarbeam. Even with Rock Types it's a Joke. Water do nothing but take hits. They supress everything that it's suppose to be super effective vs them. If anyone has played before 6.2 you wouldn't know how hard she is in doubles. I kind of getting where shofu is getting at with the field effects. I didn't feel satisfaction beating her, more like a relieve.

I there are too many solarbeams.

• Veterans

Lol. I shouldn't need to train a specific pokemon just to win a gym battle. I actually manage to beat it with the OPness of Dragon Dance Haxorus but it's still a joke I had to set up twice in order to win.

My biggest problem is Typholosion's Eruption still OHKO at half health. Gladly with two dragon dance Haxorus killed it.

I had Abosmasnow aswell but I wouldn't use him just to beat her gym. Gym Leaders should be beatable by any team you build, if it's good ofc.

Kroodiles was screw because everything had solarbeam. Even with Rock Types it's a Joke. Water do nothing but take hits. They supress everything that it's suppose to be super effective vs them. If anyone has played before 6.2 you wouldn't know how hard she is in doubles. I kind of getting where shofu is getting at with the field effects. I didn't feel satisfaction beating her, more like a relieve.

I there are too many solarbeams.

But the... the battle is literally supposed to be a challenge? The whole point of the competitive setup of the game, is that you think of a strategy when trying to beat someone that has counters to their type weaknesses, so this also includes training different kinds of pokemon.

Edited by Zumi

double battles are actually more easier than single battles imo. you have more versatility in what you can choose to do and how you would progress towards a win. ganging up on a single threat, using a useless slot to heal a more important member, spread moves/set up. if it's too difficult, you might want to consider other methods to beat her. reading up on the field effect helps as well lol

Nah. It's basically the Typhlosion one hitting everything. I could have hunted for the rain dance but it's not as easy because I could only teach it to those that I can't delete current moves. Whatever, I won by a stupid strategy (dragon dance) and it shouldn't be like that. I'm feeling Haxorus is the Gyarados in Reborn lol.

For me it was different, I had my Jumpluff put Charizard to sleep then Dephox use Rain Dance (saved that move on V5 knowing I'll have to fight the fire Gym Leader eventually) to remove the fire field. Of course Ninetails took out Jumpluff but after that I had to sacrifice all my mons for spamming Swampert's Earthquake on her mons. She did started Solarbeam on Typholosion but with the fire field not active anymore, Swampert took him out easily.

Edited by LeonTakashi

What i did is teach my Jellicent Rain Dance and pair it with Manetric's Thunder to get her Typloshion out as early as possible so i could paralyze it and then Donphan could do it's work.

So far i haven't had the necessity to train any other pokémon that isn't in my current main team, but i wouldn't mind if i had to, as i already have 7 pokémon that i really like (available at the moment) so i might train them all to have more options in the future (as long as i like them, i'll use them).

Edited by Toufu Survivor

I don't understand actually. I'm assuming you're playing on Insane difficulty? If you didn't want to get that much of a challenge, you could've gone with Reborn difficulty or even Easy mode. A competitive mindset revolves around using the right pokemon for the job and whatnot. While we're used to switching Pokemon for wifi battles and whatnot, it is a bit of a new thing to switch pokemon around during your main story. But that's the fun about it. It literally promotes the idea of learning from your mistakes and building on them rather than to avoid them. It isn't even Jan completely limiting your options, tons of Pokemon to catch that can literally counter everything about Amber's team. I'm glad Jan didn't put up a counter for literally everything and left some spots for Pokemon to have a fair chance.

Are you playing on Intense Mode?

I LOVE Intense mode because I love a good PVE challenge like the one Pokemon can present. Its basically a puzzle that you need to solve in order to succeed, and the more information you have the more realistic this becomes.

For me, I like to create as near a 100 percent win condition for each difficult battle in the game.

I agree, it is VERY difficult with doubles, especially the Geara/Zetta one. I'm surprised you were able to beat that and can't beat amber though.

Having two of YOUR pokemon on the field makes things much much easier.

My suggestion is to set up a tailwind condition.

Essentially, a condition where you can deal irreparable damage to Amber's team every turn, but only because you go first.

Typically, her team is all quite fast.

There are a few options for tailwind in the game, so pick one and max it's speed EV (done easily by grinding the raticates in Narcissa's gym.)

This allows that pokemon's speed to basically translate to the rest of your team.

Using this, I was EASILY able to set up a condition where 4 pokemon take out her 6.

The only outlier was the Charizard. For Charizard, I went with a 1v1 match up where my electric pokemon takes him out easily. Helioptile, faster and enough special attack with the zap plate to one shot him on a high roll.

From there I set up the condition and earthquake them down with Golem(which also misses the tailwind pokemon!) I then switch to Stone Edge against the bug and flying types at the end.

IMO, on Intense mode, this was the easiest 100 percent win condition to approach of all the gym leaders. The easiest was of course Val with a Shedinja.

The video on this battle will be up in a few days, but I encourage you to consider these topics more heavily. That's the brilliance of Pokemon fan games. They can make them a very interesting and suitable challenge. The original games and most rom hacks are far from this and get very boring very quick.

Edited by MetrololAce