Ask the next person a question!

star-kin

Noisy, smelly and take up way too much space in the bike-racks. People should really just ride bicycles instead.

What is the biggest change/trend that will influence the development of nations on Earth over the next 10 years?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Green movement? Because people are starting to realize that we need to at least try and not destroy the world we have until we have learned more about long distance space travel?

What is your favorite fantasy character class?

I don't fantasise or play fantasy games. They seem very silly to me.

Also, it's highly arrogant of us humans to believe that we can 'destroy the world.' To imagine that anything we do can have any lasting impact on the world, in all its hugeness and unimaginable age, is the height of conceit. Sure, we can ruin our own existence in the world, but not the world itself.

Easily the biggest trends in the next ten years are the rapid growth of population, technology and political divisiveness.

Also saying to do something because without it something would be useless is not a logical way of presenting an argument. Read Kuro's thread if you need more about argumentum ad absurdum. And it may be fun to see the questions, as you say, but it's no reason to answer them.

Why should I answer these questions?

Also saying to do something because without it something would be useless is not

W-what does this even mean?

There is no "should" in terms of answering these questions. You have willingly decided to take part in this ceaselessly circular discussion of ours, and therefore you have three choices before you.

1: To not take part and quit, thus not having to answer the questions.

2: To answer the questions, but do so half-heartedly.

3: To answer the questions, and dedicate yourself fully to use said questions to explore and entertain various thoughts and thus respect your own time and those who ask the question.

As you can see answer 1 or 3 are the only viable choices, as taking the 2. option would be disrespectful to others, yourself and your own time.

Thus you need to ask yourself. can anything meaningful be gained from answering questions by strangers on the internet. "Does it provide me with joy? Fulfillment? Entertainment?" and so on you must ask yourself, to find out why exactly you have chosen to partake in this thread. And now this I cannot answer for you, as it is something you have to find out for yourself. But were you to find even any meaning in answering these questions, that itself would be more than reason enough to answer these questions.

So you should only answer these questions only if you have decided for yourself that it is the right thing to do.

Oh gosh... Why am I even answering the questions of strangers on the internet?

That heavily depends on the company I will have. I love meeting new people, but honestly, a club environment is frankly speaking a horrible place to meet or speak with people with the noise and all. I quite like smaller parties, gatherings and whatnot without sound loud enough to cause hearing impairment years down the line. I am also a frequenter of board-game gatherings, festivals and conferences all of which I find great ways to interact with others.

I guess I'll ask the same question as Anstane.

I don't like clubs and parties. Half-lit rooms full of half-lit people. I prefer the company of a select few at a time, and more meaningful association with them (personal or professional) than a load of incoherence, noise and mass movement. Such places are also known for being the sites of abuse of substance and of body, as well.

I only attend social events if there's a personal or spiritual reason for attending, like the birthday or marriage of someone significant, or some ceremony or festival where I'm required to attend. Even there, I prefer events which are simplistically, quietly and sincerely performed for their own sake, not the ones which are flashy, loud or ostentatious.

Might as well ask the same again, if only to hear an opposing view.

I'm not really a guy that likes going to party's or clubs.

I like festivals though.

Heavy metal festivals. In my own country Belgium we have a great one "Graspop Metal Meeting".

I have visited it 6 times allready and it's just awesome if you are a metalhead. Almost anyone you meet there like you because you have the same passion. Metal. Heavy F*cking Metal!

What is the thing that will always make you happy?

Btw, Tartar, you don't like motorcycles, you don't know what you are missing. Pure fun. Pure freedom.

A lot of things generally make me gappy. A friendly dog. A blossoming plant or a nice tree. A neat garden. A trimmed lawn. A calm pond, or a quiet stream. Natural beauty and the sounds of birds. Cool weather, rainy weather, fresh mangoes, nice food, the list goes on.

Oh yes, a perfectly IV-ed and EV-ed Pokemon fit for competitive use, preferably a steel type, also usually has the potential to please me.

What about you? Same question.

I have to agree with Viri on this one and say friendly dog, especially my own. Last night he crawled up on the couch and gave me kisses. He is not a kisser, so that really made my day.

How many big character developments do you think people go through in a life time? Not counting first year set up, because that's an everyday change.

Zero. People change gradually in increments instead of leaps like in TV-shows.

Btw, Tartar, you don't like motorcycles, you don't know what you are missing. Pure fun. Pure freedom.

Sure they may be fun to ride, I can't deny that. But from a practical standpoint I don't like that they take up a lot of space and are very noisy.

I didn't ask a question because I don't like to continue a process when there is an error in the preceding step or sequence. That implies overlooking or ignoring such anomaly, which I am not doing. I brought the chain to a halt, until the anomaly is set right.

Since you are the previous element which did commit the anomaly, it must be you who corrects it before the sequence can continue. You did, albiet indirectly, therefore we can now proceed.

My question: why did you fail to ask a question?

Obviously, so that I could force you into a situation where you would ask me this exact question ~ Aren't I great?

Why exactly does Viridescent have time to answer questions in the middle of the day? Shouldn't he be working, or something?

If you're really that interested in my life, you'll know that I've just finished a monthful of exams: those of my third semester in college, and those indermediate national ones of my Chartered Accountancy professional course. I've taken the succeeding couple of days off, mostly so my mind and body can cool down and make up for all the abject lack of sleep and exercise, and meanwhile I have nothing else to do during the afternoons except sleep and rot my brains here, which I do.

Satisfied with the explanation?

Asking whether I am satisfied with the explanation implies that you yourself doubt the quality of your explanation, and thus need an approval of its quality.

And since you crave so crave the confirmation that is in my power to bestow, I hereby decree. Yes, that was a satisfactory explanation, are you happy now?

What was the origin of Viridescents eternal crusade against all things related to Japanese animation and comics? In other words, why does he hate and deny Anime and Manga with such a fiery passion?

If you keep twisting my words and exaggerating my mild dislikes into such fascist hatred, I will stop answering your bait.

In fact, I'm too tired to answer that at the moment.

In fact, here's a nominal question to just end the matter: what is your favourite colour?

A lot of things generally make me gappy. A friendly dog. A blossoming plant or a nice tree. A neat garden. A trimmed lawn. A calm pond, or a quiet stream. Natural beauty and the sounds of birds. Cool weather, rainy weather, fresh mangoes, nice food, the list goes on.

Oh yes, a perfectly IV-ed and EV-ed Pokemon fit for competitive use, preferably a steel type, also usually has the potential to please me.

What about you? Same question.

A friendly animal in general offcourse, friendly people, my favourite food, a nice beer, good weather, and offcourse, riding my bike.

Zero. People change gradually in increments instead of leaps like in TV-shows.

Sure they may be fun to ride, I can't deny that. But from a practical standpoint I don't like that they take up a lot of space and are very noisy.

Taking up a lot of space? A motorcycle takes as much place as 2 bicycles. And you can park 2 motorcycles or even 3 on the place of one car.

That said when there a not a lot of parking spaces I park my bike somewhere where I can. Pretty much everywhere that is. As long as people can walk next to it it's legal.

And on the road a motorcycle is even better. Taking up no space at all. And what is even better. In Belgium lane splitting is legal.

The sound of a bike is just f*cking great imo. The first thing I buy for my bike if I got it is a new exhaust because the standard is just tooooooo silent.

I want to hear the engine of my bike over the wind.

And like I said before, the best sound ever is a large V-twin engine.

Edited by Adventurer

My first reaction was "oh hell no" but the more I think about it, the more I'm tempted. Would that just mean being political leader of the world, or would that be absolute, godlike domination, with nearly unlimited authority? Because the latter would allow me to end a number of plagues.

Oh well. They say the way to Hell is paved with good intentions. There probably wouldn't be a happy ending to this anyway.

Let's say, in a critically dangerous situation, you would have to sacrifice yourself in order to save your loved ones. Would you do it?

In general, if the value that said people provide outweigh my own value to society and the potential good I can do over the course of my life, I would do it, as in accordance with my utilitarian beliefs.

What are your thoughts on the abyss?