Your 3 Favorite Types

Polaris

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ice. Why? That would take too long to explain. Call it a personality thing. Cool, calm, collected, but strong.

2. Water. I have an affinity with it. My last name even means it.

3. Electric. Also a personality thing. Crazy, eccentric, fun. I like it.

1. Grass

- The most outright disrespected type in the game in -my- opinion. This is a recent development, but I just found me a favorite Eeveelution and I never cared about the Eevee line before using Leafeon. It's still home to my favorite 'mon (Chesnaught) and favorite move (Leaf Blade) - so there is really no contest. -the Celedon gym is GREAT. ITS FULL OF WOMEN-

2. Fighting

Fighting has been for a significant while my favorite type. Despite Grass usurping it recently, there's no love lost. There's a Punch move that threatens every mon in the game.

3. Rock

Rock is a type that is recently making waves for me. Probably because I've been forced to play my DS to supplement my pokemon cravings and on Y, the only pokemon I had in the box aside from team members and legendaries were fossil mons I apparently wasted time hunting for earlier.

About time I finally hopped onto this thread.

3. Dragon - This is the obvious 'badass' choice, so to speak. I love the pure power that comes with almost every single dragon I use in game. Whether it's a tanky Altaria or a sweeping Hydreigon, I love almost every dragon type that exists as they are all so powerful. Aesthetically they're an awesome type, too. Who doesn't wanna train a dragon?

Dragons I like: Salamence, Goodra, Dragonite, Altaria, Kingdra, Hydreigon, Rayquaza

Dragons I don't like: Goomy, Druddigon, Flygon, Garchomp

2. Steel - This quickly became my second favorite type after I played through my Reborn mono of Steel. Such an incredible type for both offense and defense as well as many awesome options made me realize how great this type is. Although they aren't the prettiest Pokemon to look at, the sheer creativity is evident when looking at all of the awesome steel types in the games. Steel also has a ton of competitive viability.

Steels I like: Steelix, Klinklang (yes, you heard that right.), Metagross, Jirachi, Dialga, Aegislash, Scizor, Forretress, Genesect, Ferrothorn

Steels I don't like: Bronzong, Heatran, Wormadam Trash

1. Flying - Certainly the most obscure and unexpected pick on this list for most -- the flying type outwardly seems to not have much going for it. However, it has incredible versatility for any playthrough. Being the 3rd most common type and having at least one dual type with all seventeen other types, it's no wonder that so many of these get into my teams. Due to an organizational personality quirk, I tend to only want to have one pokemon per type on all of my in-game teams. The only few times I break that rule are usually because I want multiple Fly-ers in my team! Oh, and the HM for Fly is an essential move that almost always forces me to use one of these majestic birds at some point. Such an awesome type that is almost always present in my teams. Flying types also seem to be my go-to win condition in competitive, too.

Flyers I like: Charizard, Ninjask, Art/Zap/Mol/Ho-oh/Lug/Raycraycray, Togekiss, Altaria, Swoobat, Crobat, Salamence, Drifblim, Ricky Rawsss, Hawlucha, Yveltal

Flyers I don't like: Talonflame, Skarmory, Vullaby, Chatot