So, Generation 7 (just to chat a bit about what ifs)

leocain

Flygon won't give up until it gets a mega stone.

330_2.png

Plz it needs to be a thing

Fun fact: Sugimoro really wanted a Mega Flygon too, but they couldn't come up with a design for it. Apparently, Game Freak artists have too much pride or don't know how to google search mega flygon for inspiration cuz there are some pretty good ones out there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact: Sugimoro really wanted a Mega Flygon too, but they couldn't come up with a design for it. Apparently, Game Freak artists have too much pride or don't know how to google search mega flygon for inspiration cuz there are some pretty good ones out there.

What surprises me more, is that they said Mega Flygon didn't happen because they couldn't think of any good design, and yet mega slowbro in all its glory is a thing ¬¬

As for the wigglytuff-evo thing, if only igglybuff didn't exist.... but I think baby pokemon do have a purpose, like, didn't they make breeding or egg move learning easier or something? but in any case, 4-stage evolution lines should not happen, as in, reeeeally not happen, because that would mean that GF would be prioritizing giving a further evo to lines that already are comprised of 3 members rather than giving things like manectric, mawile, absol, dunsparce, etc. a legit 1st, 2nd or 3rd evo.... but probably the fact megas are a thing will prevent that from ever happening I guess....

And if we get into type charts tweaking, I won't be fully happy with the types until:

-Rock resists itself, ice and bug (to say the least), and if they were to give me what I truly want, they would remove the steel weakness.

-Grass resists rock and receives neutral damage from flying.

-Ice resists grass, flying, water and ground.

-Bug is no longer resisted by fairy, and fairy is resisted by psychic.

But those things will never happen probably. Oh well, a man can dream....and I already have rpgmaker to make those type charts a reality, so yeah...

And if we get into type charts tweaking, I won't be fully happy with the types until:

-Rock resists itself, ice and bug (to say the least), and if they were to give me what I truly want, they would remove the steel weakness.

-Grass resists rock and receives neutral damage from flying.

-Ice resists grass, flying, water and ground.

-Bug is no longer resisted by fairy, and fairy is resisted by psychic.

As mentioned before I concur on your last sentence. Some of the other ideas are nice, but I don't know if they will balance the metagame more or reduce the usage of certain types. Eg Flying was nowhere before gen6 (more due to bird spam becoming a thing).

About Ice and Rock, they need 1 more resistance, but I'm not sure what would be the most logical one. I can see Rock resist Ice. The problem is that Ice is already resisted by Water, Fire and Steel. Rock is resisted by Fighting, Ground and Steel, which is also enough.

As mentioned before I concur on your last sentence. Some of the other ideas are nice, but I don't know if they will balance the metagame more or reduce the usage of certain types. Eg Flying was nowhere before gen6 (more due to bird spam becoming a thing).

About Ice and Rock, they need 1 more resistance, but I'm not sure what would be the most logical one. I can see Rock resist Ice. The problem is that Ice is already resisted by Water, Fire and Steel. Rock is resisted by Fighting, Ground and Steel, which is also enough.

I could see Rock resisting itself and Bug. Not too many bug attacks are used regardless.

Ice, Hmm... normal and grass resistances.

I'd also like to see Ghost be super Effective against Fairy, and Fairies to be RESISTANT to dragon, not IMMUNE (but that ain't ever happening)

Bug is already resisted by 7 types: Fire, Poison, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Steel, and Fairy.

Grass is also resisted by 7 types: Fire, Grass, Poison, Flying, Bug, Dragon, and Steel

I don't think they should deal with more.

If nothing else, Ice resisting Dragon balances things a bit, even if it does not make perfect sense.

#keepthefairyimmunity

• Upvote 1

I'd be okay with them doing away with mega evolution in the next gen as unlikely as that is.

I agree with this SO MUCH. As soon as megas were first announced, my reaction was just, "Nononononononononononononono. This is no longer Pokemon."

(Maybe an overreaction, but that's how I felt. I still hate the concept of megas, hence while you'll almost never see one in any team of mine.)

• Support Squad

I agree with this SO MUCH. As soon as megas were first announced, my reaction was just, "Nononononononononononononono. This is no longer Pokemon."

(Maybe an overreaction, but that's how I felt. I still hate the concept of megas, hence while you'll almost never see one in any team of mine.)

• Upvote 1

Well... I don't much give a flying fuck at this point because, given how broke my ass is, I likely won't be able to play gen 6 or whatever happens to come after it in the future... or at least, won't be able to until it's like thirty years from now and I'm going through a mid life crisis trying to recapture the euphoria and nostalgia of my childhood.

That said though, I hope for only one thing in the next game... if there is one. ONE THING. Make the story darker. That's it, I know, I know, it's aimed towards a kid audience mostly and what not, but even still... I definitely want to see some darker elements thrown into the mix here and there, maybe be clever about and have it be things that the little kiddos will never figure out the implications of on their own, but us older fans of the series will instantly know that shit's just gotten real. I mean, they've already done it a few times in the past with things such as Gary's Raticate, Various refrences that point to the fact that yes, pokemon CAN and WILL die, etc... but I think they need to do it a hell of lot more in this next generation.

And going on top of this, make the enemy team much darker as well. If you're gonna have villains with plans that can seriously fuck up the entire world and cause massive consequences for everyone (EX: Magma, Galactic, Flare from what I've read on it, etc), then at the very least, give those guys an upgrade in the ruthessness department- make them blind with the vision of the future they wish to acheive, have them intend to freaking KILL the player if and when they dare to interfere with their affairs, like a REAL Organizations working towards apocalyptic and/or criminal goals likely would be more than willing to do.

Again, I know the aaudience for the games are mostly children, but I'm quite sure that at this point, I'm probably not the only fan boy who wishes that they would go the extra mile to make darker/ more mature versions of their game releases, alongside those targeted at the main audience of kiddos, but for the older fans exculsively and just rate it higher than E... I mean, c'mon, Nintendo, Gamefreak... you gotta remember where all this shit started, afterall.

But hey, that's just my two cents, take it with a grain of salt... I know damn well that these types of requests will never be listened to; after all, not like GF isn't missing out on any greater potential profit by trying to reconnect with the older fan base, nope, not at all, we certainly don't have far more cash than the average ten year old.... no siree, mista developers, nope...

but... guess that's where Fan games like Reborn and various other titles come in to fill that void...and luckily alot of them do a damn good job sticking to the dark side...but GF would also never be crafty enough to strike up any sort of partnership to try to market said games and turn them official, why no. heavens no... (Which is really for the better, the less things those soulless bastards put their hands on...)

EDIT: also, another pet peeve of mine- they need to take the time to sit down and fix some of the damn movesets on certain mons... enough with this damn "Gamefreak Logic", M'kay? I don't know how organisms with no arms manage to punch, or ones with no tails manage to somehow use Iron Tail and the like, but... yeah, probably wanna fix that, cause it's just lazy to be honest...

AND another thing: Either remove mega evolutions altogether, or start giving them solely to pokemon in dire need of a boost/ that actually deserve one, instead of simply slapping on another 100 BST on a thing like Garchomp or Salamance or Charizard, and essentially godmodding it to the point of literal Godliness (I do not take very kindly that anything outside of another legendary, even a mega evolved one, can potentially rival the stated god of your own series in terms of statistical power...again, feels lazy, like you just choose the ones that the most fan boys would gush over, and gave no thought whatsoever into going through each specie and analyzing who really should get one/ needs one)

Well there are cemetaries here and there to justify certain ghost pokemon, but afaik the only instances death is mentioned can be summed in the Kanto versions:
dead Raticate, the Onix tombstone (which is actually the Onix corpse) that looks like a pillar, and Kubone's mother.

Other things I think are noticable and more of those are needed:

The pervert in Celadon gym

Wally, who is a sickly child, whose dreams are shattered

N's "Peter-Pan Syndrome"

Cutting and selling Slowpoke tails

Entei, Suicune, Raikou being burned alive

Well there are cemetaries here and there to justify certain ghost pokemon, but afaik the only instances death is mentioned can be summed in the Kanto versions:

dead Raticate, the Onix tombstone (which is actually the Onix corpse) that looks like a pillar, and Kubone's mother.

Other things I think are noticable and more of those are needed:

The pervert in Celadon gym

Wally, who is a sickly child, whose dreams are shattered

N's "Peter-Pan Syndrome"

Cutting and selling Slowpoke tails

Entei, Suicune, Raikou being burned alive

Another one was the fact... that a certain lieutenant in Vermillion claimed to have fought in a (Presumably rather recent at the time) war

you my friend, you get what I'm talking about here... like I said, doesn't need to be in-your face heavy shit nessacarily, but just alot more subtle things like those in the background. If you're too damn afraid to be straight forward because of kids, than just do that; HINT at the organised crime and the suffering it inflicts on it's victims, HINT at death being common, HINT at chauvinistic dicks running around being chauvinistic dicks... HINT at mental instability and insanity, and various other issues within society....hide messages everywhere and anywhere in the game's environment, things that make the clever player stop and think about and reflect upon...people already raise controversies about your games, it's not like you really have too much to lose by just embracing it and actually hiding more things- the conspiracy theories are already out there.

be clever about it if you aren't going to be bold, from these things in the past, we know you can do just that if you choose to...

• Upvote 1

Totally forgot about him and didn't want to pressure YOU to mention him

What gamefreak could focus more are things Pokemon Reborn has included (drugs, cults, murder, villains that actually harm people, interogation methods, etc) and parts of the manga that are more brutal, as in more death. For those who don't know, in the first season only, Giovanni makes Cloyster kill several Magmar and a Charmeleon slices an Arbok in half (although it somehow survived). Areas to expand upon: more "intimate" relationships between pokemon and trainers, even if letting a 10yo go alone through the woods, there are other forms of bad parenting like, "mommy makes me go and play with that boy when daddy isn't home" whose mother is something like a merchant or a person who gives special items to the players, while another boy says "Have you heard that [item let's say berry] help you [action] and also taste good? Daddy goes and buys some for me almost every day but he takes a while to come back. He probably loves eating them too!!" .

Also, I would like the leaders to be more involved in the story, as right now, most of them are just harder trainers to beat.

My hopes for gen7 are that the games will increase in difficulty or at the very least have challenge mode like BW2 :|

I'd also like to see them create more unique pokemon (number-wise) while giving some oldies much needed evolutions (no,not megas) . I'd hope to see more unique typings introduced since we still miss quite a few combos.

I hope to see a mosquito and dolphin pokemon, another shark, more mammal-based poison types, more poison, fire and ice types in general because they're kind of lacking in comparisson to some others. I'd like to see fairy types that actually look cool (honestly, strictly speaking for gen6 fairies, I only like florges )

Mega Delibird, Mega Masquerain (or give them normal evolutions)

Hope to see seasons return as well, I quite enjoyed that feature and the subtle differences it provided in terms of unlocking new areas and such. Possibly, I'd like to see more "features" changing for the other 3 seasons as well, not just winter making way for a new area or few.

That said^, I'd like to see more seasonal-pattern pokemon like Deerling

Back to story-related things, I hope the plot will continue in the direction BW2 was going. I'd actually quite like the plot to involve various gens' legends and the MC getting involved with some of them enough to get entangled with their natural abilities, i.e. celebi's time travel and whatnot. The time travel in itself could well make for a cool plot-relevant point. I'd love to witness that infamous pokemon war everyone yaps about..

Would be cool if they'd introduce some new weather, specifically- wind, for example. It doesn't have to be battle-weather only or even at all, but some outside of battle winds could affect small things like character movement and such.

Undeniably, although it will likely never happen, it would be amazing if gen 7 somehow also introduced field effects of different areas.

There are probably more things I hope for and would like to see but atm I'm bad at thinking so I'll leave it at this

What gamefreak could focus more are things Pokemon Reborn has included (drugs, cults, murder, villains that actually harm people, interogation methods, etc) and parts of the manga that are more brutal, as in more death. For those who don't know, in the first season only, Giovanni makes Cloyster kill several Magmar and a Charmeleon slices an Arbok in half (although it somehow survived). Areas to expand upon: more "intimate" relationships between pokemon and trainers, even if letting a 10yo go alone through the woods, there are other forms of bad parenting like, "mommy makes me go and play with that boy when daddy isn't home" whose mother is something like a merchant or a person who gives special items to the players, while another boy says "Have you heard that [item let's say berry] help you [action] and also taste good? Daddy goes and buys some for me almost every day but he takes a while to come back. He probably loves eating them too!!" .

I love this idea, but you have to remember that this will never happen in the games because they are marketed towards children, and Game Freak probably isn't going to change that. The reason that kind of stuff happens in the manga is that the manga is marketed more towards young adults, so they can have more dark and brutal stuff.

Totally forgot about him and didn't want to pressure YOU to mention him

Also, I would like the leaders to be more involved in the story, as right now, most of them are just harder trainers to beat.

i totally agree with you dude.

For me, I would like Ice types to get a boost to their defenses like rock types get in sand.

Furthermore, I think that Ice should get a resistance to dragon attacks, but in exchange, dragon attacks are super effective against electric types.

Another idea I think pokemon could use is a possible change to their item mechanics- Berries take up a separate item slot from other items.

If anyone deserves a mega, It's Seviper, Zangoose and Cacturne. I remember one episode in Hoenn where Jesse and James hooked machines up to Seviper and Cacnea to give them extra power.I can't remember if they called it mega evolution but they were the first to do it (Probably not). Zangoose because respected adversary

• 2 months later...

Mega-Dunceparce still has to be a thing, like Mega-Machamp (seriously, Gengar and Alakazam get one, but Machamp gets left behind. And what about Golem? No love for Golem?)

The other starters should get a second mega-evolution that changes their style (personally, I don´t get why Charizard should have two versions, same goes for Mewtwo. Maybe it´s because I don´t care as much about Charizard as other people~). I think instead of adding more and more Pokémon, they should focus more on Evolutions like in GenIV, where many Pokémon got their own little evolutions that made them more awesome and actually somewhat useful (Roserade is a good example. I love the design, it´s actually kinda neat in the right hands and Toxic Spikes. What´s not to love?)

Mega-Shuckle and Mega-Skarmony should totally be made :Kappa:

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur