[Spoilers] Regarding the newest leader

foovy10

Ok so the topic of ciel came into mc reborns chat and I was talking about accidently using dragon pulse on mega altaria when i realized IT ISNT FLYING. Ciel shouldnt have a freaking altaria because she mega evolves the altaria immediantly every single time which makes it so the flying type of altaria doesnt really exist. AME PLS CHANGE THIS.

But dont replace it with mega salamance pls.

I'm pretty sure Altaria is her star Pokemon though... Ame could maybe take out the mega part, I guess, but I don't think it's really necessary. I'd rather have the challenge.

Something I'd like to mention is that Reborn League Rules state that Mega Evolved Pokémon must be the same type as their leader before and after Mega Evolution. Altaria would break this rule, by turning from a Dragon/Flying (or Flying/Dragon, I can't remember) type to a Dragon/Fairy type.

/me Mumbles something about Noel's Clefable.

I doubt Ame will want to change that. Unless A BUNCH of people decide that is a bad idea and complain about it.

And I haven't seen much complains about this anyway. This might actually be the first.

btw, spoilers

Have you ever played Monotype on Smogon? Mega Gyarados and Charizard X are in every Goddamn monoflying, and in XY Aggron Mega was a must be on Rock Mono. They made the thing more challenging and seem kinda unfair, but it's actually not zince the pokemon is originally a Flying type [:

This makes it more fun and challenging IMO

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

Even if a bunch of people were to complain about this, what other flying type could fit the role of Ciel's ace except for the fluffy heaven-bird? I mean maybe swanna, but swanna sadly sucks a bit and it has that crippling x4 weakness to electric... at much, it could be left without mega-evolution, but then again, poor altaria kinda sucks as well without her mega. Also, fairy and flying resist kinda the same things: bug, fighting.... flying resists grass while fairy does dark, and flying gets it weak to rock and ice while fairy does it to poison and steel, both grant an immunity as well; so you could say that, in some sort of way, fairy and flying aren't that fart apart.

I guess Ciel is so badass she doesn't need her ace to be flying type for it to fly :)

Even if a bunch of people were to complain about this, what other flying type could fit the role of Ciel's ace except for the fluffy heaven-bird? I mean maybe swanna, but swanna sadly sucks a bit and it has that crippling x4 weakness to electric... at much, it could be left without mega-evolution, but then again, poor altaria kinda sucks as well without her mega. Also, fairy and flying resist kinda the same things: bug, fighting.... flying resists grass while fairy does dark, and flying gets it weak to rock and ice while fairy does it to poison and steel, both grant an immunity as well; so you could say that, in some sort of way, fairy and flying aren't that fart apart.

I guess Ciel is so badass she doesn't need her ace to be flying type for it to fly :)

Regular Altaria I guess, but then again I think this game wasn't supposed to be boring... I mean... Easy.

i miight be suicidal, but mega alt was kinda easy... i wuld suggest mega sala, but isnt that Heather's ace? so maybe mega dragonite?

Regular Dragonite has its perks too (despite it desperately needs a mega, I want the poor thing to be relevant in competitive again), but leaving that aside, extreme speed and dragon dance+outrage has always had utility...but if you carry a gardevoir with calm mind and you switch right into drag while it locks itself into outrage....

Regardless of all this, Ciel in general is an easy gym leader, if it wasn't because of poison heal stalling gliscor, but other than that...

i miight be suicidal, but mega alt was kinda easy... i wuld suggest mega sala, but isnt that Heather's ace? so maybe mega dragonite?

Those 2 doesn't fit Ciel at all... right? Altaria Mega is just perfect.

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

Those 2 are actually kinda the same pokemon XD

But yeah Altaria is pretty good as it is. It fits Ciel thematically.

Edited by zimvader42

She could use Mega Pidgeot as her ace, I guess, but tbh this isn't that big a deal lol

Mega Altaria makes it harder for us, which, really, is the point of Reborn; the challenge.

Thematically, Mega Altaria fits her. However, it is pathetically weak for such a late-game fight and the first mega we face, but that could just be because of a powerful Steel type on my team against her. Mega Aerodactyl would make her a much greater threat, but it doesn't really fit with her acrobatics in the sky.

Or maybe she has it to help counter all the electric types we brought, knowing she was the flying gym leader. But then there's Gliscor, who would also take care of Rock weakness to help Talonflame with Ice weakness... Her team seems more focused on covering her weaknesses rather than exploiting her field or attacking us.

Edited by Generalguy64

Ame said we'd fight everyone from league at some point, so Heather will be fought and if you didn't know, she uses flying types. So Heather will probably be the tougher of the two imo.

Thematically, Mega Altaria fits her. However, it is pathetically weak for such a late-game fight and the first mega we face, but that could just be because of a powerful Steel type on my team against her. Mega Aerodactyl would make her a much greater threat, but it doesn't really fit with her acrobatics in the sky.

Or maybe she has it to help counter all the electric types we brought, knowing she was the flying gym leader. But then there's Gliscor, who would also take care of Rock weakness to help Talonflame with Ice weakness... Her team seems more focused on covering her weaknesses rather than exploiting her field or attacking us.

Man, who cares if Altaria mega evolves, just take Gardevoir and Moonblast it away;). That's what i did, plus it was harder getting through her other pokemon anyway...

And now we put this quote in:

Something I'd like to mention is that Reborn League Rules state that Mega Evolved Pokémon must be the same type as their leader before and after Mega Evolution. Altaria would break this rule, by turning from a Dragon/Flying (or Flying/Dragon, I can't remember) type to a Dragon/Fairy type.

Ame you aren't supposed to break your own rules. For possible switches i suggest beautifly, emolga, vesiquen, orrrrrrrrrrr

Mega Rayquaza.

Edited by foovy10

Ame you aren't supposed to break your own rules. For possible switches i suggest beautifly, emolga, vesiquen, orrrrrrrrrrr

Mega Rayquaza.

something something not all the rules from the original server league apply in the game something

And we're saving it for Lin~

• Administrators

Like Vinny says.

Yes, that was a rule for the online league. But obviously not all of the online rules have been preserved, since Noel has Clefable.

I'm well aware it's no longer a flying type. Nonetheless, Altaria has always been her ace, and since it has a mega, it makes less sense to let her be the second leader to have a wildcard than it does to ignore the mega and let her be even easier.

Ok so the topic of ciel came into mc reborns chat and I was talking about accidently using dragon pulse on mega altaria when i realized IT ISNT FLYING. Ciel shouldnt have a freaking altaria because she mega evolves the altaria immediantly every single time which makes it so the flying type of altaria doesnt really exist. AME PLS CHANGE THIS.

But dont replace it with mega salamance pls.

I think Altaria is Ciel's signature Pokémon. Ame has stated that as far as this game is concerned, flavor comes before function.

What this means is that its topmost priority is to stay true to the actual Reborn League. Mega Altaria isn't going to be removed from Ciel's team, because it fits Ciel's character so well.

(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Ame)

Edited by Foamy