[Spoilers] Regarding the newest leader

foovy10

Mega Altaria was no problem for me. I had much more trouble with the talonflame and togekiss. I don't think Ame should change the mega because it is the best flying type mega evolution (excluding legendaries) and does fit in really well.

all this noise about altaria.It is not a good pokemon even with a mega.It fell to a flash cannon in one hit.It would had felt to ice fang if it had no mega evolution.even a powerful poison move can ohko it.

For me is fair that the mono type trainers should have at least one of the types before or after mega evolution.so i think m-aggron can be user in rock mono(hardy),so can sceptile used by a dragon trainer because it gains dragon after mega evolution.

I was honestly taken aback by her entire team. I always thought of Ciel having graceful, beautiful, elegant flying types, like her character would suggest.

Mega Pidgeot, Togekiss, Jumpluff, Drifblim, a bug like Vivillon/Yanmega/Beautifly and something like a Braviary/Skarmory/Starraptor/Unfezant/Sigilyph/Swoobat/Xatu/Swanna/Crobat/Honchkrow to finish it off, would have fit her more. Just gotta make some nice sets and it should work out.

Her team right now is just a complete 180 of what her character seems to suggest.

It's because I like to imagine the leaders doing activities with their Pokemon in their free time, I can totally see Shelly reading books with her team. Julia blowing stuff up and having coffee with hers. Charlotte chilling out with her team and Luna playing hide and seek in the valley.

Samson working out with his.

But I don't see her current team giving shows in the circus with her, Noivern, Gliscor, Archeops, and Talonflame look way too aggressive and intimidating for that.

Edited by Helia

all this noise about altaria.It is not a good pokemon even with a mega.It fell to a flash cannon in one hit.It would had felt to ice fang if it had no mega evolution.even a powerful poison move can ohko it.

That must be why it's in OU, huh? I guess Landorus-T and Mega Salamence are also bad because they get OHKO'd by Ice Beam.

Tyranitar? Psh, it gets OHKO'd by just about any Fighting-type move. It must be total trash.

Edited by Foamy

That must be why it's in OU, huh? I guess Landorus-T and Mega Salamence are also bad because they get OHKO'd by Ice Beam.

Tyranitar? Psh, it gets OHKO'd by just about any Fighting-type move. It must be total trash.

A bug move can take Tyranitar out tho.

A bug move can take Tyranitar out tho.

252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 350-414 (102.6 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Truuuuuuuuueeee.
252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 258-306 (64 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Depends on your set, though.
Edited by Foamy

I'm personally a big fan of Mega Altaria. It's got some deceptively good defenses, huge flexibility, and an extremely good STAB combination. Of course, if you're an adventurer who's bashing their head against Ciel over and over again, that flexibility isn't really taken advantage of, the STAB combo doesn't really hurt you because you can't use many dragons, and you can very easily exploit type advantage to ensure Altaria takes huge hits due to single player switching mechanics. In other words, it's a much stronger 'mon in competitive than here, even factoring in the field effects being a rather massive boon.

Then again, there aren't a whole lot of megas that I could name that would be much better in this situation, especially flying megas. With only Charizard Y, Aerodactyl, Pidgeot, Salamence, and Rayquaza providing Flying typing both with and without mega (plus Altaria and Pinsir for 'mons who provide it in one or the other), I can only really see Pinsir taking decent advantage from the field (due to fighting type moves and such), and Pinsir absolutely doesn't fit the theme that Ciel has going. Altaria does, plus it abuses the field fantastically.

And I could see some sort of drama air show going on, with pokemon like Gliscor and Archeops serving as villains while Talonflame and/or Noivern serving as heroes to rescue the poor, helpless Togetic/Altaria.