[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine they'd know how to build a pulse after using so many.

Same way I can build a computer after using so many.

A PULSE is made of a Water type Pokemon: Water PULSE

A PULSE is made of a Dragon type Pokemon: Dragon PULSE

edit: This^ is getting off-topic.

• Veterans

I wonder what's Meteor's "standards" are when testing Pokemon for PULSEs in the first place? The Pokemon that have been PULSE-ified so far seem to be at least from better than average (Tangrowth) to "ok" (Mr. Mime). At the very least, they don't use full-blown offensive powerhouse-like Pokemon. Do they base it on like... base stats or something? Some lore perhaps? We haven't seen them hook up a Gyarados or a Hydreigon yet, so yeah.

Natural Abilities. What those Pokemon are most famous for.

Tangrowth is very vine based, Camerupt is a literal Volcano, Mr Mime uses barriers n shit. Ame also likes gimmick mons so....

Natural Abilities. What those Pokemon are most famous for.

Tangrowth is very vine based, Camerupt is a literal Volcano, Mr Mime uses barriers n shit. Ame also likes gimmick mons so....

A logical progression for this would be to have them hook up a Castforme if Team Meteor wanted to induce some crazy weather.

I was more thinking of it being along the lines of "While PULSE Machine is active, Weather randomly fluctuates between all of the possible ones for the time it currently is." I was also thinking it could change to a random weather on an every-few-seconds basis. For example, it could be thunderstorming one second, and the next second you're in the middle of a drought.

Edited by K_H

Yeah. It NEVER moves to 'next week' of weather in my playthrough no matter how I try to 'tweak' it, so when I play Reborn it's eternally raining or thunderstorming.

I hope it's fixed in E16...

Did you ever randomly changed the date in order to get a specific weather?

You can do that, but then you can't turn it back before that date arrives..

I other words.. Lets say today is september 7 and it is a sunny day.. I need rain, so I change the date several times until I get rain. It happens with the clock set on september 20. Now I'm stuck with rain until at least september 21, because changing it back to dates prior to sep 20 will not affect the weather.

Maybe that's what happened to you..? if you changed the date randomly to something like december 24, 2017 you will have rain until then (or until you change the clock even further, but then you will be stuck with that new weather until that farther away date arrives..)

• Global Mods

I other words.. Lets say today is september 7 and it is a sunny day.. I need rain, so I change the date several times until I get rain. It happens with the clock set on september 20. Now I'm stuck with rain until at least september 21, because changing it back to dates prior to sep 20 will not affect the weather.

Maybe that's what happened to you..? if you changed the date randomly to something like december 24, 2017 you will have rain until then (or until you change the clock even further, but then you will be stuck with that new weather until that farther away date arrives..)

Before E15 where it was made so you could battle them whenever, this also applied to the Grand Hall trainers.

So. Much. Lag.

This.

Besides, what's the point? What do they get from it?

They drive away everyone by either drying up or flooding the region after they refine the design a bit.

• Developers

I mean, if they can control the weather they could make each region have one constant extreme weather day after day (obviously some events would need to be changed or made unavailable during that part of the plot), as for example, really extreme snow on Ametrite, huge storms on the sea near Azurine and Coral and hurricane level winds on the forests

If I was incharge of PULSE selection for Meteor, I would do it basically the opposite to that. Ametrine KNOWS how to deal with Snow, they get it all the time. Coral KNOWS how to deal with Storms, it will happen on occasion.

If you really wanna fuck with people, make it stormy in Ametrine and snow in Coral, tbh.

• Global Mods

If I was incharge of PULSE selection for Meteor, I would do it basically the opposite to that. Ametrine KNOWS how to deal with Snow, they get it all the time. Coral KNOWS how to deal with Storms, it will happen on occasion.

If you really wanna fuck with people, make it stormy in Ametrine and snow in Coral, tbh.

Have all the snow melt in Ametrine by making it extremely sunny.

Drought is what kills things. Storm and Snow are more easily adaptable. Make it constantly sunny in Ametrine, and block the path with Rocks not Ice. See how fast the people start dehydrating and running our of food. Make it constantly foggy in Coral, so boats would not be able to reach their destination safely, and make it Stormy in Peridot, so nobody dares come to the new region.

Oh. I guess I'll never get a Sunny Day except in battle then, yay (I do not remember the latest date I changed but yeah, GG)!

Why are you all giving Team Meteor new ideas?

I got one word for ya: Spectacle.

In all seriousness, though, they're after the same thing as most of the canon "Team X"s: Resetting either society or the World (or Universe) to how it was in an earlier time period.

I mean, look at it: Aqua wanted to reset the world back to how it was before the continents formed, Magma wanted to reset the world back to before the oceans formed,the first Plasma wanted to reset the world to how it was before Humans and Pokemon had learned to work together, Flare wanted to reset the world back to before life had come into existence, and Galactic wanted to hit the reset button for the entire Universe.

Looking at our game, Team Meteor wants to reset the Reborn Region back to how it was like before Humans arrived.

The only exceptions to this are Rocket and the second Plasma, which both just wanted to accumulate power; and Team Skull, whose motives we don't know yet.

The similarities are strikingly apparent, don't you think? So why not have them either nearly or actually succeed in their goals?

Edited by K_H