[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought that up in my previous post on this thread ( the ridiculously long one about why I think Anna is the champ and Arclight is an elite 4. )

I think there's more evidence hinting towards Anna being a champ than an E4 because I think in some dialogue it was said that Anna is even higher in position

I thought Shade said in the WTC that two of the screens are 'false' meaning that they live instead of die. Lin isn't going to fall due to that light or explosion.

of course no the persons who died (corey and kiki) died in real life (RIP) and i don't remember hearing that Lin died

i think that the champion will have different pokemon types.dont know why but i have never seen psychic as a champion material.as elite 4 yes but not as champion material.

I don't see this happening as that would mean that someone who wasn't from the old reborn league would be the champion.

It would seem odd to give such an important role to someone who isn't an old leader.

Hmm, I still think that Lin might be the champion, but when I stop for a second: That would be weird if Saphira's the last gym leader before Victory Road, right?

I mean, you fight a Dragon gym leader, and then a Dragon champion. Repetition?

Unless we're gonna get surprised and the only thing left from Lin's old team is her Hydreigon.

Even then, I'm still convinced that Lin will be the first champion

And Anna/Fern, like Alder in B/W 1, will be the second.

Hmm, I still think that Lin might be the champion, but when I stop for a second: That would be weird if Saphira's the last gym leader before Victory Road, right?

I mean, you fight a Dragon gym leader, and then a Dragon champion. Repetition?

That actually happened in G/S/C and HG/SS. Clair was the last Johto leader and Lance was the Champion, while both being dragon-type trainers (although Lance didn't have a proper "only dragons" team).

Personally, I don't think Lin's the champion. Maybe ex-champion, but not the current one.

Still have no idea who is the real champion tho.

but something just doesn't fit right if she's the champion..

...Lin's hair?

Or perhaps the fact that this could only happen if Team Meteor controls the Elite 4.

Or maybe that Anna's interruption in the orphanage is way too suspicious...?

...No, definitely her hair.

I don't see Lin going outside mono dragon given that that was her type in Reborn league and everyone else has stuck to their types.

Lin's backstory is going to be interesting though as I assume we'll get more.

I still say Anna is an Elite 4 member because of the theory about the keystones and how each of the Elite 4 are supposed to hold one of them.

Ruby Ring - Owned by Heather.

Sapphire Bracelets - They're most likely supposed to be held by Laura, but they were lost in the fire that killed her parents, later found by Titania in the ashes of the Belrose mansion and then given to Amaria. Titania then took them with her when she flew off towards the desert. It's possible that Laura will get them back at some point, but not any time soon.

The Emerald Brooch originally belonged to El. He took it back from Luna and ran away the last time we saw him.

The Amethyst Pendant belongs to Anna. Currently held by Radomus, who may or may not be Anna and Noel's father.

I'm pretty sure it was also mentioned that Heather's mother, the original holder of the Ruby Ring, was an Elite Four member.

i don't know if this was in Ep14 before 'cause if it was i'm surprised i didn't notice.

iylgksI.png

a03EEls.pngVG7pM7m.png

fEB0nxw.png

bF8aHLW.png

...ANNA IS E4 OR CHAMPION CONFIRMED!!!

Uh, yeah, this has already been discussed since day one. The conversation above is the main reason WHY everyone's been talking about Anna being the Champion or an Elite Four member.

don't think that psychic type is good enough to be champion.for my opinion the only two types that are strong enough to be champion are dragon and steel type.So i think a dragon champion could be the case,but in Reborn you never know

Edited by Bessi

Lin's all but confirmed to be the champion in my mind purely from the fact that she was the first champion of the real reborn league. The second season (I think) had Amaria as champion but we already know she's the water type gym leader, and the third season didn't have a champion. Therefore by far the most likely candidate for champion is Lin.

Lin's all but confirmed to be the champion in my mind purely from the fact that she was the first champion of the real reborn league. The second season (I think) had Amaria as champion but we already know she's the water type gym leader, and the third season didn't have a champion. Therefore by far the most likely candidate for champion is Lin.

I thought Hardy was a Champion at one point?

I thought Hardy was a Champion at one point?

Hardy was one of the three Champions of Season 3, since I believe that they had to change everything with the new Fairy type. Rather than having only one Champion, I think they had a Champion level, where Charlotte, Terra, and Hardy were (although Hardy seems to be the final Gym Leader due to him being last on the Leader Line-Up).

Either way, all three, as well as Amy, are Gym Leaders, so that's why I still think Lin is the Champion. While we do have to face Team Meteor, it doesn't mean we necessarily have to face Lin just yet. Perhaps we won't battle her, but instead foil her plans, and she'll truly fight us for the Champion battle.

Hardy was one of the three Champions of Season 3, since I believe that they had to change everything with the new Fairy type. Rather than having only one Champion, I think they had a Champion level, where Charlotte, Terra, and Hardy were (although Hardy seems to be the final Gym Leader due to him being last on the Leader Line-Up).

This is correct but I seem to remember Charlotte being the highest of the three of them. Regardless all three were part of the "champion block."

I still say Anna is an Elite 4 member because of the theory about the keystones and how each of the Elite 4 are supposed to hold one of them.

Ruby Ring - Owned by Heather.

Sapphire Bracelets - They're most likely supposed to be held by Laura, but they were lost in the fire that killed her parents, later found by Titania in the ashes of the Belrose mansion and then given to Amaria. Titania then took them with her when she flew off towards the desert. It's possible that Laura will get them back at some point, but not any time soon.

The Emerald Brooch originally belonged to El. He took it back from Luna and ran away the last time we saw him.

The Amethyst Pendant belongs to Anna. Currently held by Radomus, who may or may not be Anna and Noel's father.

Three of the four owners of the keys mentioned above are at least implied to be members of the Elite 4, and literally all we know about Anna in regards to her position is that she's a prodigy and that "she beat out all the competition". This may seem like it supports the whole 'Anna is the champion' theory, but the Elite 4 aren't pushovers themselves, aside from the champion they are supposed to be the best of the best in Reborn. "All the competition" is pretty vague, and doesn't really mean Anna is the best trainer in the region, it just meant that Anna was the best among the candidates for her position(again, the interview was intentionally vague, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all the info we get about Anna's position until we actually have to battle her). Hence why I think Anna's just as likely to be an Elite 4 member based off the interview alone. The fact that Anna owns one of the keystones further hints that she is one of the Elite 4

My theory is that the current Elite 4 are descendants of a previous Elite 4 that existed during team Meteor's first attacks which took place before this game's storyline (the attacks that prompted the Yureyu HQ earthquakes, etc.) Back then a younger, two-eyed Sirius was likely tasked with killing off the guardians of the keys and taking them:

• HEATHER: Sirius killed Heather's mom (a confirmed ex E4 member) for the Ruby Ring by poisoning her in a hospital - we know that from Corey's notes in his hidden chamber.

• LAURA: Sirius also burned down the Belrose Manse to kill Charlotte/Sapphira/Laura's parents, Monty and Caroline Belrose. One or both of them presumably guarded the Sapphire Bracelets at the time.

• ANNA: We don't know who Anna's father is, but at the Yureyu HQ, Sirius mentions he knew Anna's father, claiming "he always was a fool." In that same scene we learn that Anna got the Amethyst Pendant from her dad. We don't have proof right now that Radomus is the dad, BUT we do know a few things that point in that direction. At the Citae Arc-d'Astrae, Radomus is shocked to learn that you (the player) possess the Amethyst Pendant, so he obviously is familiar with it. We also know Radomus used to have a female companion, Zina Vanhanan, in his life that is now deceased and buried at the Beryl Graveyard. If it turns out that Radomus is Anna's father, then I think Zina was the original guardian of the pendant and was also an elite four member. If this is the case, Sirius / Meteor likely killed Zina for the pendant, just as Sirius killed Heather's mom and Monty and Caroline Belrose for their keys.

• ELIAS: The missing link in my theory is the Emerald Brooch. We know Elias is an E4, and the oldest known one at that. Whereas Heather and Laura are "just kids," Elias is old enough that he HAS a kid. One of my theories is that Elias is the remaining E4 out of the past generation, but he sold out to Team Meteor, so Sirius / Meteor spared him his life and let him keep the Emerald Brooch. My other, deeper theory is that Elias was a corrupt guardian that turned on the other three to try to abuse the power of the keys. Maybe El's the behind-the-scenes puppet master that's leading Meteor to believe that Arceus will renew the world in their favour, and leading Sigmund to believe that Arceus could save Sigmund's sister and/or confirm if ECT could have saved her. We know that El and his cultists are now cooperating with Meteor. We also know that Sigmund's orderlies are part of the "new world" group. When you flee the Vanhanan castle after beating Radomus, Radomus tells you that Meteor "isn't the only shady dealing El has." I think the other "shady dealing" is between El and Sigmund. Maybe El used Meteor to kill of the the other three key guardians, while El is also using Sigmund to detain the kids who are next in line to control the keys.

As for the Champion, who knows. If the theory about the E4 being key guardians is correct, then maybe Solaris is the champion (or was before Lin) seeing as he's a direct descendant of the family that's supposed to protect Arceus. Not enough evidence to even go there right now, but my three guesses for the champ at this point: Lin, Solaris, or (dare I say) Taka.

I may be way off on my theories, so let me know if there are any holes in them.

Edited by GenOneRaisedGenY