[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Shelly's brother is actually Bugsy from the Canon games I believe. Look at the similarities in the sprites.

She even directly mentions how her brother is from Johto i believe.

Guys :D check this out :D

i was playing reborn... i needed to fight Cal so i came and interact with him Than!!! i saw somethink = Shelly has a brother - MY theory :

He mentioned that they were scornered by theirs brothers so that make Shelly´s brother stronger than she is and she is Bug type leader... Sooo could that be the one of E4 could be Shelly´s brother that we dont met yet?

We probably have a good grasp on who the E4 may be. El, Laura/Bennett, Heather and possible Arclight or Lin.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys :D check this out :D

i was playing reborn... i needed to fight Cal so i came and interact with him Than!!! i saw somethink = Shelly has a brother - MY theory :

He mentioned that they were scornered by theirs brothers so that make Shelly´s brother stronger than she is and she is Bug type leader... Sooo could that be the one of E4 could be Shelly´s brother that we dont met yet?

She actually states in game that her brother is Bugsy from Johto and she names her Volbeat after him. Also, there are most likely no more characters we haven't met yet that are important, due to the fact that all of the important characters who use Monotype teams were Gym Leaders in the real life disbanded Pokemon Reborn Online Server.

She even directly mentions how her brother is from Johto i believe.

We probably have a good grasp on who the E4 may be. El, Laura/Bennett, Heather and possible Arclight or Lin.

I still say Anna is an Elite 4 member because of the theory about the keystones and how each of the Elite 4 are supposed to hold one of them.

Ruby Ring - Owned by Heather.

Sapphire Bracelets - They're most likely supposed to be held by Laura, but they were lost in the fire that killed her parents, later found by Titania in the ashes of the Belrose mansion and then given to Amaria. Titania then took them with her when she flew off towards the desert. It's possible that Laura will get them back at some point, but not any time soon.

The Emerald Brooch originally belonged to El. He took it back from Luna and ran away the last time we saw him.

The Amethyst Pendant belongs to Anna. Currently held by Radomus, who may or may not be Anna and Noel's father.

Three of the four owners of the keys mentioned above are at least implied to be members of the Elite 4, and literally all we know about Anna in regards to her position is that she's a prodigy and that "she beat out all the competition". This may seem like it supports the whole 'Anna is the champion' theory, but the Elite 4 aren't pushovers themselves, aside from the champion they are supposed to be the best of the best in Reborn. "All the competition" is pretty vague, and doesn't really mean Anna is the best trainer in the region, it just meant that Anna was the best among the candidates for her position(again, the interview was intentionally vague, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all the info we get about Anna's position until we actually have to battle her). Hence why I think Anna's just as likely to be an Elite 4 member based off the interview alone. The fact that Anna owns one of the keystones further hints that she is one of the Elite 4

I don't think Arclight is one of the Elite 4 or the champion because he's not involved with the main story at all, unlike all the other leaders from the online league. He shows up twice, has no relevance to the plot either of the times he shows up and both of these events can be easily missed. To have him suddenly be a member of the elite 4 or the champion, after being used to having all the gym leaders and reserve leaders be at least a little bit relevant to the main plot, would be pretty jarring.

Keep in mind: the whole story was written long before Arclight and Adrienn were introduced. And the only reason Andrienn was written into the main plot was because Reborn needed a fairy gym. This just further cements the idea that Arclight isn't going to be one of the Elite 4 or the champion.

Lin being the champion is also questionable, but I can't really think of who else it could be aside from her.

Personally, I believe Lin actually could be the champion, albeit in an alternate persona. For a leader of an evil team, she doesn't quite like to be seen all that often. Additionally, during our only encounter with her thus far, other members of the league seemed to vaguely recognize her.

Why exactly would she seem vaguely familiar to multiple prominent members of the league, at the very least, it at least attributes to some affiliation. Team Meteor had writhed their way into two gym leader positions that we know of. So it's not impossible for their leader, with as strong as she is, it become champion to boot.

...I over-analyze this game, I'm sorry.

• Developers

My thoughts on Lin is that, if she's Champion, we'll probably find out next episode. Like, it's reasonable to assume she's going to actually show up, given the E15 events. And if anybody knows who the Champion is, Ame does, and seeing as we're in the city, I would expect a remark from Ame along the lines of: 'Wait, why is the Champion ordering around all those meteors?'

Or something. It's entirely possible that Lin will never show up in Ame's presence, and then the people who's presence Lin DOES show up in just decide NOT to say anything to Ame for some reason. Time will tell, I guess.

My thoughts on Lin is that, if she's Champion, we'll probably find out next episode. Like, it's reasonable to assume she's going to actually show up, given the E15 events. And if anybody knows who the Champion is, Ame does, and seeing as we're in the city, I would expect a remark from Ame along the lines of: 'Wait, why is the Champion ordering around all those meteors?'

Or something. It's entirely possible that Lin will never show up in Ame's presence, and then the people who's presence Lin DOES show up in just decide NOT to say anything to Ame for some reason. Time will tell, I guess.

I don't know, it would seem logical that Lin would have no reason to personally appear in front of Ame especially if she's the champion. If she did, that would basically blow the cover right away (that is, if there even is cover) and I don't think she would want to do that. I expect her to be commanding a PULSE in this episode that strikes 'the heart of Reborn' but I suppose we'll see about that.

I still say Anna is an Elite 4 member because of the theory about the keystones and how each of the Elite 4 are supposed to hold one of them.

Ruby Ring - Owned by Heather.

Sapphire Bracelets - They're most likely supposed to be held by Laura, but they were lost in the fire that killed her parents, later found by Titania in the ashes of the Belrose mansion and then given to Amaria. Titania then took them with her when she flew off towards the desert. It's possible that Laura will get them back at some point, but not any time soon.

The Emerald Brooch originally belonged to El. He took it back from Luna and ran away the last time we saw him.

The Amethyst Pendant belongs to Anna. Currently held by Radomus, who may or may not be Anna and Noel's father.

Three of the four owners of the keys mentioned above are at least implied to be members of the Elite 4, and literally all we know about Anna in regards to her position is that she's a prodigy and that "she beat out all the competition". This may seem like it supports the whole 'Anna is the champion' theory, but the Elite 4 aren't pushovers themselves, aside from the champion they are supposed to be the best of the best in Reborn. "All the competition" is pretty vague, and doesn't really mean Anna is the best trainer in the region, it just meant that Anna was the best among the candidates for her position(again, the interview was intentionally vague, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all the info we get about Anna's position until we actually have to battle her). Hence why I think Anna's just as likely to be an Elite 4 member based off the interview alone. The fact that Anna owns one of the keystones further hints that she is one of the Elite 4

I don't think Arclight is one of the Elite 4 or the champion because he's not involved with the main story at all, unlike all the other leaders from the online league. He shows up twice, has no relevance to the plot either of the times he shows up and both of these events can be easily missed. To have him suddenly be a member of the elite 4 or the champion, after being used to having all the gym leaders and reserve leaders be at least a little bit relevant to the main plot, would be pretty jarring.

Keep in mind: the whole story was written long before Arclight and Adrienn were introduced. And the only reason Andrienn was written into the main plot was because Reborn needed a fairy gym. This just further cements the idea that Arclight isn't going to be one of the Elite 4 or the champion.

Lin being the champion is also questionable, but I can't really think of who else it could be aside from her.

That's a pretty cool theory, and it makes a lot of sense having the strongest trainers in the region safeguarding the keys, but I still feel like Anna is gonna be the champ. When she's not being adorably psychotic she gives off this vibe of wisdom and mysteriousness that reminds my of other champions such as Cynthia, Lance, and Alder. Plus there's that whole thing where they're intentionally keeping her position a secret, like at the orphanage where Noel is about to say what Anna is, but then gets silenced. It would be pretty weird to hide her being an elite 4 considering Charlotte revealed that Laura was an elite 4 literally 5 seconds beforehand.

Also I just want to point out your logic for why Arclight can't be an elite 4 or the champ, is wrong. While most of the leaders are heavily involved in the plot, a couple of them have little to no impact on the plot.

All Kiki did was tell us to go fight Cal, not give us our badge, and die. ( though I guess you could argue that her death was the final trigger for Cal to truly let go of his past and start fresh, so I suppose in that regard she did have a bit of impact on the plot).

Serra did literally nothing for the plot and felt more like a side character during Bennet and El's introduction. If anything she was a plot device, not a plot relevant character.

The only thing Samson did was trap/delete Terra,

and Ciel didn't do ANYTHING.

So I think it's totally unreasonable to think he doesn't even have a chance of being part of the league just because he hasn't done anything. Also he could just be to busy to go around hunting team meteor, remember this guy runs/DJ's a nightclub so he's not gonna have a whole lot of free time, couple that with him taking down reborn's underground ( when you do the lucky egg side quest Arc asks you to buy out the black market because the salesmen won't sell to him because he 's "raised some hell here to many times", this implies that Arcs gone down there and tried to clean the junkies and criminals out of his city lots of times before), and it's doubtful that he'd have ether the time or energy to fight off a criminal organization. Lastly there's the fact that the games not even finished. It's entirely possible that he simple hasn't done anything YET. I mean we are going back to the city next episode and supposedly having a confrontation with meteor, so who knows he might get involved soon, but even if he doesn't that might not necessarily mean he's not a part of the league.

I completely blanked when it came to Anna. She probably is one of the E4, because there are hints to her position being more than just a gym leader

Also, Julia was barely part of any plot, and Florinia was only part of the factory raid.....before E15. They made a comeback, so I assume there would be something big involving Serra and the Agate Triumvirate

Edited by wytch_doctr

That's a pretty cool theory, and it makes a lot of sense having the strongest trainers in the region safeguarding the keys, but I still feel like Anna is gonna be the champ. When she's not being adorably psychotic she gives off this vibe of wisdom and mysteriousness that reminds my of other champions such as Cynthia, Lance, and Alder. Plus there's that whole thing where they're intentionally keeping her position a secret, like at the orphanage where Noel is about to say what Anna is, but then gets silenced. It would be pretty weird to hide her being an elite 4 considering Charlotte revealed that Laura was an elite 4 literally 5 seconds beforehand.

Also I just want to point out your logic for why Arclight can't be an elite 4 or the champ, is wrong. While most of the leaders are heavily involved in the plot, a couple of them have little to no impact on the plot.

All Kiki did was tell us to go fight Cal, not give us our badge, and die. ( though I guess you could argue that her death was the final trigger for Cal to truly let go of his past and start fresh, so I suppose in that regard she did have a bit of impact on the plot).

Serra did literally nothing for the plot and felt more like a side character during Bennet and El's introduction. If anything she was a plot device, not a plot relevant character.

So I think it's totally unreasonable to think he doesn't even have a chance of being part of the league just because he hasn't done anything. Also he could just be to busy to go around hunting team meteor, remember this guy runs/DJ's a nightclub so he's not gonna have a whole lot of free time, couple that with him taking down reborn's underground ( when you do the lucky egg side quest Arc asks you to buy out the black market because the salesmen won't sell to him because he 's "raised some hell here to many times", this implies that Arcs gone down there and tried to clean the junkies and criminals out of his city lots of times before), and it's doubtful that he'd have ether the time or energy to fight off a criminal organization. Lastly there's the fact that the games not even finished. It's entirely possible that he simple hasn't done anything YET. I mean we are going back to the city next episode and supposedly having a confrontation with meteor, so who knows he might get involved soon, but even if he doesn't that might not necessarily mean he's not a part of the league.

I like your point of view

Nothing is confirmed with Anna yet. The fact that characters keep getting cut off when talking about Anna's position only really confirms that Ame loves messing with us and likely won't reveal anything about Anna until we can actually battle her.

The characters you mentioned also did nothing, I'll give you that. But that still doesn't change the fact that Arclight hasn't appeared in the main story at all so far, those characters all at least have.

If he's too busy to oppose Team Meteor, then I can only wonder how Arclight would have the time to be an Elite 4 member. Reborn City is on the opposite side of the Reborn region from the Pokemon League, if Arclight's job prevents him from doing anything more than causing trouble in a place in a neighbouring ward, then I'd love to see you explain how he can find the time to travel to the opposite side of the region in the event that he does get any challengers and then go back to his Nightclub. None of the other potential candidates for being in the Elite 4 have jobs that constantly keep them so far from the Pokemon League.

If the main games are anything to go by. We won't know the champion til we get to the end of the E4. Just like with Steven, Cynthia, alder, and Diantha. They never reveal their identity early. Even when they do take an active role in the plot

Edited by Zane0144

I still feel like Ark has a chance of having a bigger role in E16, since we're going back to the City, but I also still doubt he's part of the E4, mainly because I think Heather, Laura, Bennett, and Anna will be the E4 we have to face (I'm assuming El will be kicked out in favor for Laura).

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but in Shade's gym, one of the screens shows Lin (I'm pretty sure it's her) being decapitated by something. It also shows Corey's and Kiki's death, as well as what appears to be Amaria being pushed by Titania (which I think represents her jumping from the waterfall because she found out about the diary). Does it make sense, or am I just tripping?

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but in Shade's gym, one of the screens shows Lin (I'm pretty sure it's her) being decapitated by something. It also shows Corey's and Kiki's death, as well as what appears to be Amaria being pushed by Titania (which I think represents her jumping from the waterfall because she found out about the diary). Does it make sense, or am I just tripping?

It's been mentioned quite a few times before. It appears to be Lin exploding into light. Also, the Amaria and Titania scene is Titania trying to reach Amaria, not pushing her off.

• Developers

All this talk of who will & won't be the E4 makes me wonder; Has Ame mentioned whether she's taking the Pre-Gen V approaach to E4 or not? i.e., will there be a set order, or will we get to choose?

Edit: I mean, depending on how wrapped up the plot is by the time we get to the E4, it may make more sense to do it an order. Like if El is at large still, it'll probably put him first or last. But y'know, was wondering whether anything had been said on this.

Edited by Marcello

I thought Shade said in the WTC that two of the screens are 'false' meaning that they live instead of die. Lin isn't going to fall due to that light or explosion.

I thought Shade said in the WTC that two of the screens are 'false' meaning that they live instead of die. Lin isn't going to fall due to that light or explosion.

No need to put anything in a spoiler here. There's already a spoiler warning on the thread title.

Shade said that 2 of the fates foreshadowed would result in death(Corey's death isn't one of these, because his death already happened). It's most likely that Lin is gonna be the next to die, assuming Amaria doesn't suddenly remember everything and throw herself over the waterfall again.

i added another screenshot~

Char was talking about Laura, then Noel was about to add that Anna was...

then Anna interrupts.

Anna is...something, that's for sure.

I brought that up in my previous post on this thread ( the ridiculously long one about why I think Anna is the champ and Arclight is an elite 4. )