Fumble

Porygon2  

216 members have voted

1. 1. What shall we do with Porygon2?

• BAN IT
    • Make it a freebie.
    • Other (State your plan!)

Emolga

"Their proper place is in Onyx Arcade": why? Is there any specific reason? Who said it?

"They aren't enough to bury other topics": 11/16 of the most recently active games are H&Hs (and I'm not even talking about the amount of posts), all created in less than a month

"they are like the most [...] interesting game": that's very subjective

"you want to ban it from Onyx Arcade just because it's popular": they're popular yet not everyone likes them. Isn't this the reason we have clubs?

Alomomola

The wasteland is literally for anything that doesn't fit anywhere else and these kinds of games all go in the onyx arcade. H&H belong here as much as this thread or the numbers one. Most of the H&H games are now finished and inactive and have been for weeks. If they are 11/16 of the most recently active topics that's due to the general lack of activity in this subforum. The 17th most recently active topic has been inactive for two months, the 18th has been inactive for three months and from there the threads have been inactive for 5 months or more.

I enter this thread for the first time with the intention of maybe joining and the first thing I find is an argument

Abomasnow

Thought I might as well spread my influence throughout the Arcade. Looks like I couldn't of joined at a better time!

As someone who significantly contributes to a number of the Hurt and Heals here, I suppose a club might help things out, but for what purpose? Isn't the Onyx Arcade the unofficial gaming club?

""Their proper place is in Onyx Arcade": why? Is there any specific reason? Who said it?": Ame

""They aren't enough to bury other topics": 11/16 of the most recently active games are H&Hs (and I'm not even talking about the amount of posts), all created in less than a month": Only 5 of them are still active and if they do begin to threaten to bury other posts such as this, I'm sure people will try and avoid doing so.

""they are like the most [...] interesting game": that's very subjective": That is subjective. But if their popularity has any correlation to how interesting one may find the games, then they are quite interesting.

""you want to ban it from Onyx Arcade just because it's popular": they're popular yet not everyone likes them. Isn't this the reason we have clubs?": Yes, they are popular. And that is literally what you're doing.

Again, I'm all for moving things elsewhere if they actually start to be a problem.

But until then, lets just enjoy the arcade.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, Corso said:

"Their proper place is in Onyx Arcade": why? Is there any specific reason? Who said it?

"They aren't enough to bury other topics": 11/16 of the most recently active games are H&Hs (and I'm not even talking about the amount of posts), all created in less than a month

"they are like the most [...] interesting game": that's very subjective

"you want to ban it from Onyx Arcade just because it's popular": they're popular yet not everyone likes them. Isn't this the reason we have clubs?

1) Well... Ame herself has said it. All games are to be located in the Onyx Arcade subforum.

2) Even if they bury other topics, the other topics are hardly active and the people who like them will always find them and keep playing. Banning them to a club is like asking from an internet cafe to ban League of Legends because you don't like it and can't find an unoccupied PC to play because everyone plays League. Adapt.

3) They are the most interesting due to interaction and strategy being involved (if played seriously), and due to the fact that they trigger interesting conversations. Something that no other active game in Onyx Arcade does.

4) There are many things I don't like myself. I just ignore them, I don't ask them to get banned to clubs. This is utterly unreasonable and quite selfish.

Oh...also... To stay in topic...

Karrablast

7 hours ago, Jess said:

1) Well... Ame herself has said it. All games are to be located in the Onyx Arcade subforum.

2) Even if they bury other topics, the other topics are hardly active and the people who like them will always find them and keep playing. Banning them to a club is like asking from an internet cafe to ban League of Legends because you don't like it and can't find an unoccupied PC to play because everyone plays League. Adapt.

3) They are the most interesting due to interaction and strategy being involved (if played seriously), and due to the fact that they trigger interesting conversations. Something that no other active game in Onyx Arcade does.

4) There are many things I don't like myself. I just ignore them, I don't ask them to get banned to clubs. This is utterly unreasonable and quite selfish.

Oh...also... To stay in topic...

Karrablast

"Banned" is a very strong word here. Mafia was also very popular (And probably still is), and the folks that started the Mafia craze here opened up the Mafia club. I don't see why we can't do that. Moving to clubs is not "banning" it, but rather organizing it in a way that doesn't overtake a more general subforum's purpose. That's why Rejuvenation has its own subforum, rather than sharing Fan Game Emporium.

Anyway, Luvdisc.